• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Des Arc

Started by Swampdonkey, January 09, 2015, 08:38:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverEagle079

The Six is comparable on the 2A high school level as the SEC is comparable to the collegiate level we beat and pound on each other all year long then JC beats us in the championship (much like Ohio State did to Alabama).  Not saying the 8 is a less than worthy conference.  Just saying much like the Big ten the 2A-8 has 2 maybe 3 looking for a run each year. As the 6 has 3-5 looking for a run each year much like the SEC.

JC Guy

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 14, 2015, 10:12:06 pm
The Six is comparable on the 2A high school level as the SEC is comparable to the collegiate level we beat and pound on each other all year long then JC beats us in the championship (much like Ohio State did to Alabama).  Not saying the 8 is a less than worthy conference.  Just saying much like the Big ten the 2A-8 has 2 maybe 3 looking for a run each year. As the 6 has 3-5 looking for a run each year much like the SEC.
I understand the comparison you are trying to make but the difference has been overall team speed. Two years ago against DA it wasn't even close as far as team speed in the championship game. This past year we faced a little better team speed but coach seemed like he was determined to send Dancy out as the MVP again and didn't open up the play book. I also would like to remind you that yes the 8 overall may not have as many quality teams but look at the top teams non conference slate. We will put it the context you used. JC  (Alabama) in its first three weeks will be playing Ohio State, Auburn and Florida State. Coach Carp always try's to have some big non conference games. Rison starts with the bugs and the Bears up or down always play anybody any time.

RiverEagle079

I compared JC to Ohio State in that case you would be playing TCU (smackover) Alabama (Haynesville) and Arkansas (Rison) IMO.

JC Guy

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 15, 2015, 10:40:02 pm
I compared JC to Ohio State in that case you would be playing TCU (smackover) Alabama (Haynesville) and Arkansas (Rison) IMO.
How ever or whatever my point was even though the 8 is not stacked top to bottom most years the top teams in the 8 play big time non conference games most years. I am a Bama fan so I chose to be Bama and not the team from Ohio.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on August 15, 2015, 10:50:14 pm
How ever or whatever my point was even though the 8 is not stacked top to bottom most years the top teams in the 8 play big time non conference games most years. I am a Bama fan so I chose to be Bama and not the team from Ohio.
Your a Bama fan? And all this time I thought you were a pretty good guy....so much for that

JC Guy

Quote from: HF on August 16, 2015, 08:52:57 am
Quote from: JC Guy on August 15, 2015, 10:50:14 pm
Your a Bama fan? And all this time I thought you were a pretty good guy....so much for that
When you are born in that state you pick a side early. I was 32 when I moved to South Ark from Alabama so yeah I bleed Crimson and I am married to an Auburn girl.

oldhippie

Dang JC you sound like me I am here in Lower Arkansas all I ever see is purple and gold (so I wear my hog stuff).  The only time me and my better half don't cheer for the other's team is when it is for the Boot.  And yes we both wanna beat the Tide. 8)

JC Guy

Quote from: oldhippie on August 17, 2015, 11:39:24 pm
Dang JC you sound like me I am here in Lower Arkansas all I ever see is purple and gold (so I wear my hog stuff).  The only time me and my better half don't cheer for the other's team is when it is for the Boot.  And yes we both wanna beat the Tide. 8)
May your life be healthy but  I hope that your wishes do not come true. Roll Tide Roll

Lions84

Best of luck to the Greenies.

bleudog

This is from Strong's schedule page:

2015-10-09     at Des Arc   
2015-10-09     at LA-Beekman Charter

I'm pretty sure the 'dawgs can't be in two places at one time.

Can someone at Des Arc confirm if they're hosting Strong on 10/09? 

Proud Buckaroo

bleudog

August 26, 2015, 07:53:51 pm #61 Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:55:26 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 26, 2015, 07:46:41 pm
I know maxpreps isn't always accurate...

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/des-arc-eagles-(des-arc,ar)/football/schedule.htm

Maxpreps has Strong playing split squad too.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/strong-bulldogs-%28strong,ar%29/football/schedule.htm

(I did find it interesting AAA links to Maxpreps for team schedules.)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Strong is on our schedule

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on August 26, 2015, 07:53:51 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 26, 2015, 07:46:41 pm
I know maxpreps isn't always accurate...

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/des-arc-eagles-(des-arc,ar)/football/schedule.htm

Maxpreps has Strong playing split squad too.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/strong-bulldogs-%28strong,ar%29/football/schedule.htm

(I did find it interesting AAA links to Maxpreps for team schedules.)

AAA has outsourced stuff to maxpreps...you hadn't heard that?

Proud Buckaroo

That is strange, bleu. I was just on the schedules for AAA like three weeks ago. It pulled an actual schedule up on the AAA website.

RiverEagle079

Howd we look in scrimmage pick I wasn't able to make it

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 28, 2015, 05:10:06 pm

I heard we looked like 💩💩💩💩, I don't know for sure,  I didn't get to see them either.

RiverEagle079

Hmm I heard there was stuff to be worked on but there was stuff that was positive which is never a good statement but never know I guess we will see next friday

brown2010

u were down 28 0 at one time and that aint good

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: brown2010 on August 28, 2015, 08:32:25 pm

It's only a scrimmage. Lol. Don't buy any stocks into what happens in scrimmages.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 28, 2015, 07:51:07 pm
Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 28, 2015, 05:10:06 pm

I heard we looked like 💩💩💩💩, I don't know for sure,  I didn't get to see them either.

Remember who picked y'all to miss the playoffs first :D

RiverEagle079

LOL that still will not happen HF

Pick_DA_EAGLES

We got pounded by riverview last year In a scrimmage too, and how did that work out for mccrory when they came to des arc? That wasn't good either. See ya in 2 weeks.

RiverEagle079

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 29, 2015, 09:31:15 am

We got pounded by riverview last year In a scrimmage too, and how did that work out for mccrory when they came to des arc? That wasn't good either. See ya in 2 weeks.

Lions84

The Greenies will be in the District title hunt.

MomaLion

Pick, how is y'alls Jr team coming along this year? We will see y'all Thurs.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on September 01, 2015, 01:04:25 am
Pick, how is y'alls Jr team coming along this year? We will see y'all Thurs.

They look to be ok. I know the new coach has spent more time with the Jr high team then any coach before him has.

If I'm off work in time, I will be there, I have one on the 7th grade team.

MomaLion

I will be there for both games...I have a Jr cheerleader.

Lions84

RiverEagle079

Go eagles beat the Bulldogs

RiverEagle079

Pick you have the score

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on September 04, 2015, 07:50:39 pm
Pick you have the score

Nope, just got off work,  was hoping you did.

RiverEagle079

Ive been struggling to find a score but I have to work

Pick_DA_EAGLES

18-16 des arc at the half

RiverEagle079

appreciate it pick been stressing over it lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on September 04, 2015, 08:35:08 pm
appreciate it pick been stressing over it lol

I will post the score in the score thread

RiverEagle079

26-16 ill take that.  Now to go into next week with momentum