• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5-2A in 2015

Started by gatecrasher, December 19, 2014, 10:12:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nomorewhining

Jordan was an assistant at Cabot, offensive coordinator at Dollarway for 3 state championships, Head coach at Dollarway for a state championship, head coach at Bryant, assistant at UAPB, head coach at Dollarway again with a semifinals appearance, head coach at Clarendon, Head coach at McGehee(for 2 years), assistant at Vilonia, and now head coach at Mt. Pine

arkhsfan

May 11, 2015, 09:16:03 am #51 Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:42:59 pm by arkhsfan
Quote from: bigworm on May 09, 2015, 12:23:02 pmFunny how that happens when you replace clarendon and Mills with AB, CAC, stuttgart, hamburg. I'll say parents are a problem. I'll say parents are a problem everywhere. Parents weren't the problem with this baseball team. The teams we played were the problem. Could have been better for sure but if I'm not mistaken 8 of the losses were 1 run games in the 7th inning. But haters gonna hate so keep on hating.

You can rationalize it however you want, every opposing coach complimented last year's coaches on the improvements England made last season.  Clarendon was on the schedule twice this season and was one of England's only wins.  Not only was the only run-rule loss to Maumelle last season, but you also didn't have to deal with Conway Christian or a college-level pitcher with Cutter.  That's how it works out, it balances out.  No one else is buying that your schedule was any weaker last season than this season.

Below are the improvements England made from two seasons ago to last season.  Anyone else would have accepted the upward trend, but the little league experts in the stands knew so much better.

Quote from: arkhsfan on May 05, 2014, 10:30:48 am
The changes from last season to this season speak for themselves to any objective observer.

Stats                  2013(13 games)  2014 (14 games; one forfeit loss)
Record:              2-11                  7-8
Conf. rec:                2-5                     2-6
Mercy rule W's:    0                     3
Mercy rule L's:     8                     1

Total runs:              47                       88
Runs against:         168                      74
Run diff:           -121                   +14
Conf. runs:             25                       44
Conf. r/ag:             85                       41
Con. run diff:    -60                     +3 
Batting avg.:     .243                  .311
O-b %:                  .390                    .469   
Singles:                  52                       81
Doubles:                 13                       21
Triples:                    1                         0
Home runs:             0                         1
Walks:                    32                       35
Strikeouts:         103                   84
Errors:               107                    52

arkhsfan

It's not bad enough that multiple school board members are on an Internet message board denigrating the district's own employees, but your assessments don't hold up under any kind of scrutiny.

A bunch of you insulted the basketball coach for the longest time before the guy won you a state championship two months ago.

bigworm

Ok. Whatever you say buddy. But this is the football board. Now its time for us to insult and downgrade our football coach so please take this to the baseball board. Start a new thread about it if ya like.

mom18

May 12, 2015, 03:54:29 am #54 Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 07:03:12 am by mom18
Quote from: bigworm on March 19, 2015, 07:58:32 pm
Haters gonna hate. Keep it comin. Gotta love the faceless cowards of social media.
Hello pot meet kettle

mom18

May 12, 2015, 04:22:02 am #55 Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 07:02:14 am by mom18
 :o

Bigditchlion

Sounds like you need a hug!

arkhsfan

Quote from: mom18 on May 12, 2015, 03:54:29 am
Haters gonna hate. Keep it comin. Gotta love the faceless cowards of social media.
Hello pot meet kettle

Know who has haters?  Winners.  Junction City football has "haters."  Greenwood has "haters."  England simply has people that disagree with them based on facts and logic.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mom18 on May 12, 2015, 03:54:29 am
Hello pot meet kettle

Not sure that means what you think it means....

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: mom18 on May 11, 2015, 01:30:36 am
Why did England people mention baseball on the football thread and keep talking about it? Bigworm R u too slow to remember that you have participated n this conversation??

Kettle, meet pot.

Bigditchlion

Based on returning players from last year who does everyone think is the team to beat in the 2a-5?

Bigditchlion

bigworm

poyen lost a lot, CC lost the bulk of a really good line im thinking (but return a great QB), MC and england return most everyone. i figure it will come down to the week 4 game vs england and magnet cove. but i may be wrong. lots of days between now and then.

jsky14

For sure, CC, MC, and Poyen all come to England.  could be a factor.

Jayepea

Don't forget about bigelow we have a good running back moving in from vilonia.

bigworm

Yep. Bigelow looked pretty good last year. Who all returns for them? I read about that running back. Should help for sure.

jsky14

Bigelow and maybe Cutter will be factors this year. Should be uber competitive.

bigworm

Cutter lost their stud QB. i don't seeing them being a factor.

beach bum

I will venture to say everyone loses at least 1 conference game this year and no one will go through 7-0 in conference. There will be lots of competitive games between the top 4 teams.....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Is the 5 going to attempt football again this season? ;D :D ;D

True Fan

Quote from: jsky14 on May 17, 2015, 04:30:29 pm
For sure, CC, MC, and Poyen all come to England.  could be a factor.

NO DOUBT

Cheek

May 20, 2015, 07:21:39 pm #71 Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:26:34 am by Cheek
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on May 20, 2015, 04:11:42 pm

We are doing so good in basketball and baseball, we thought about adding football and track next year.  Since the 5AA won two of the four major sports titles would that  make us the No1 Conference in 2A😁

Dang,  Pick must be asleep since I have not gotten a response.  I guess he knows it is true.

Cheek

True Fan

Quote from: Cheek on May 20, 2015, 07:21:39 pm

We are doing so good in basketball and baseball, we thought about adding football and track next year.  Since the 5AA won two of the four major sports titles would that  make us the No1 Conference in 2A😁

That actually makes sense. ;D ;D

bigworm

Quote from: True Fan on May 20, 2015, 07:24:26 pm
Quote from: Cheek on May 20, 2015, 07:21:39 pm

That actually makes sense. ;D ;D

yes it does. JC is just lucky they didnt run into one of us during the football playoffs.  ;D

gatecrasher

CMS finds a quarterback they look like a playoff team IMO.
Numbers are up, and they're gonna be improved up front.

On the other hand if no quarterback emerges it's a 4 or 5 win team tops.

big E

This is great stuff oh you guys.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Cheek, I give y'all basketball, but baseball (after little league) is only good to pass time till spring football starts. And the 5 failed so miserably at football, it drug the 5-2A out of any dominant conference discussion.  ;D

True Fan

No, pick, JC made the semi's and if they had won it all, they would have declared that 2/4 was undeniable proof of the top conference. I think that he's just pointing out the obvious. ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

May 23, 2015, 03:21:29 pm #79 Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 03:23:49 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: True Fan on May 23, 2015, 02:05:09 pm
No, pick, JC made the semi's and if they had won it all, they would have declared that 2/4 was undeniable proof of the top conference. I think that he's just pointing out the obvious. ;D

Yea, but we all understand they play by their own rules in LA

Cheek

So everyone is in agreement the 5AA is the top conference in Class 2A for 2015.

BigLion10

Agreed followed by the 4-2A :D

Cheek

What did the 4AA win.   I would say the 8AA is second followed by the 7AA.as 3rd.

Cheek

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on May 24, 2015, 08:58:19 pm
What did the 4AA win.   I would say the 8AA is second followed by the 7AA.as 3rd.

What did the 7-2A win?

Mohawk 54

Cheek

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on May 25, 2015, 03:24:34 pm
8AA. Won Football

And weightlifting, 6AA for 2nd in both

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on May 26, 2015, 04:00:25 pm
8AA. Won Football

Weightlifting is not a AAA sanctioned sport.

I guess the 6AA would be 4th or 5th in 2A.  We my come back next cycle to help the 6AA out😁.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on May 26, 2015, 10:02:53 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on May 26, 2015, 04:00:25 pm
8AA. Won Football

Weightlifting is not a AAA sanctioned sport.

I guess the 6AA would be 4th or 5th in 2A.  We my come back next cycle to help the 6AA out😁.

Well try to get that football program in line first. 😉

Cheek

I really do not think you want us coning back.  England will be just fine in football.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on May 28, 2015, 06:26:06 pm
I really do not think you want us coning back.  England will be just fine in football.

Not worried, we have heard that same statement for years now. You guys have a good basketball coach, not so good in football, y'all have the athletes, and underachieve every year. So until something changes, I figure it will be the same song and dance.

Ventman

I agree Cheek, England football will be a tough out this year but next year look out they will be title contenders!

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on May 28, 2015, 06:47:35 pm

Not worried, we have heard that same statement for years now. You guys have a good basketball coach, not so good in football, y'all have the athletes, and underachieve every year. So until something changes, I figure it will be the same song and dance.

Not making a statement.  England may not win it all, but will compete.  England won 8 games last year and 7 the two previous. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on May 29, 2015, 12:05:42 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on May 28, 2015, 06:47:35 pm

Not making a statement.  England may not win it all, but will compete.  England won 8 games last year and 7 the two previous.

But only 1 playoff win in those 3 years.

bigworm

Maybe we can get a couple in the next couple of years.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on May 31, 2015, 09:47:22 pm

That would be a start. Lol

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 02, 2015, 01:31:18 am
Quote from: bigworm on May 31, 2015, 09:47:22 pm

That would be a start. Lol

I don't know worm, maybe we can just win eight playoff games the next two years and call it a day.😃

Bigditchlion

Leave England off the radar like in basketball. I think the lion is out of the bag though this year. England will be a tough out with all the weapons we have returning.

bigworm

Until we prove it we are just a bunch of talkers. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas