• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5-2A in 2015

Started by gatecrasher, December 19, 2014, 10:12:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nomorewhining

Quote from: Jayepea on August 26, 2015, 08:14:12 pm

3) You can take the boy out of Vilonia, but you can't take Vilonia out of the boy

Whining please explane what you mean by this for those who don't know.

Just that #2 wasnt putting up with any crap....lol....he let those guys who wanted to get a little chippy know that he wasnt a punk....I loved it.....Jeremiah will probably have 1500 yds of offense this year if he stays healthy.

Jayepea

1500 I dought that, but thanks for the kind word. They're so many good athletes on this team & coach Starks spreads the ball around so well. I dought anyone has 1000 yds maybe #23 Testerman. Testerman is the best high school football player I've ever seen in person. Good luck & Go Panthers!!

Bagheera

Bismarck was there too.  Great format to get a lot of quality reps against a lot of different teams.

The King

England better be glad they aren't in the 6-2A this year. They wouldn't be able to go toe to toe with where the real power is and that's in east Arkansas so they had to go beat western teams.

BigLion10

You must be from marvell

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: BigLion10 on August 28, 2015, 04:39:05 pm
You must be from marvell

Troll account. Claims to be from Mcgehee.

BigLion10

Prolly doesn't even know where Mcgehee is

Bigditchlion

Thought we play Carlisle from the 6 first game. We just scrimmaged Clarendon from the 6. Don't think that is the case. Have a lot of respect for the 6. Strong conference for sure. We play in basically the 8 in pee wee so I guess I'm trying to figure out your reasoning.

MomaLion

Quote from: The King on August 28, 2015, 03:47:08 pm
England better be glad they aren't in the 6-2A this year. They wouldn't be able to go toe to toe with where the real power is and that's in east Arkansas so they had to go beat western teams.
England is looking good, I'd reserve those comments until you see them play.

gatecrasher

How did CMS look in the scrimmage?
IMO they're a quarterback away from grabbing the 5 seed.

No QB, and they'll do the exact same thing they did last year. Start 4-1 and lose five straight to the meat of the league schedule.

Longfellow

They looked kinda small up front. QB didn't stand out to me, but he didn't play smart. He didn't make many bad decisions. Looked like he was still feeling the offense out. Don't remember a whole lot about them

elvis26

:D how did hazen look in their scrimmage?

bigworm

Quote from: elvis26 on August 29, 2015, 09:32:23 pm
:D how did hazen look in their scrimmage?

i havent heard. I sense sarcasm. Did they not look so good?

lionfan59

I'm taking England of course but with Conway Christian returning their stuff of QB. They will challenge for the conference title.

Bagheera

Cutter is about the same as they've always been.  That QB they had last year was a glimmer of hope but since he moved away it looks like the Cutter of old.  They could prove me wrong and I hope they do!  (except for week 10 lol) Id love to see them become competitive in the conference.

gatecrasher

They have some quality linemen. That always helps. 

It's kinda like my El Dorado squad. Both teams hopes hinge on the quarterback position.

El Do gets quality play there,  they could win another state title.

CMS does and they get the 5 seed out of conference 5. Andrew Bennett was a dynamic talent. Had he not moved Cutter would be a serious threat to win the conference title in 2016. Some real talent coming up from junior high.

SR30

Wouldn't depend to much on CMS sending much from Jr High. MC beat them last year in a rain storm for the conference title. If I remember correctly their starting QB was a 7th grader. MC has taken some lumps to some key players so I don't know how good they be starting out.

gatecrasher

I have never placed stock in junior high results as it correlates with varsity.

El Dorado historically flirts with .500 in junior high.
You see what they've done the last 7 seasons.

One of many examples. What you saw was one game. Hardly a proper barometer to gauge that sort of thing.

Bagheera

What will it take for CMS to get over the hump?  As long as I can remember they haven't been competitive.  Seems like they have decent coaching.  Do they just not have the quality athletes they need?  Do they move to the bigger schools in the area?  Not trying to bash CMS just wondering if someone close to the district could shed some light on the subject. 

bigworm

I think the biggest problem is so many schools in the area. but I don't know jack crap about it.  ;D

SR30

CMS has a small district to begin with. It borders with Lakeside Hot Springs and Ft. Lake so the better players tend to flock toward those. I wasn't saying judge a team by Jr high what I was trying to say is its a numbers game. When you have a 7th grader as your starting QB you are scrounging for players. Not that Ryan isn't good enough to play QB. I coached him a few years back and the kid is an athlete. Just takes time to develop game speed.

Bigditchlion

A week away before conference play how is non conference going?

Jayepea

BigLion10

Bigditchlion

Haven't heard much from Conway Christian and magnet cove either. Where is the usual smack talk. It's just bigelow and england talking. Lol

SR30

Unless MC can find some Lineman to block it's going to be a long year I'm afraid.  Love my panthers but they are missing to any key players

Bagheera

Hate to say it but I don't see MC contending for the title this year.  If they don't improve they may be fighting for the 4 seed.  I really had high hopes for this group returning so many on both sides of the ball.  SR30 said it though.  If we cant find a way to block its going to be a long year.  Hope they prove me wrong and turn things around though!  One more week to straighten things out before conference starts.     

Cheek

Quote from: Bagheera on September 14, 2015, 08:14:41 am
Hate to say it but I don't see MC contending for the title this year.  If they don't improve they may be fighting for the 4 seed.  I really had high hopes for this group returning so many on both sides of the ball.  SR30 said it though.  If we cant find a way to block its going to be a long year.  Hope they prove me wrong and turn things around though!  One more week to straighten things out before conference starts.   

I know Tiner has been out, but did Smeltzer return yet. 

Bagheera

Yes Smeltzer is back.  He had a few good runs and caught a pass out of the backfield and took it to the house.  Had two touchdowns I think.

SR30

I hate it for those boys at MC especially Jamil..iI don't think he will make it back this season and may not make basketball. He was their only real speed. I knew they were going to be in trouble on the line when they wanted to bring Prichard up from 9th grade to play on the high school squad. He's a stud but to hang the hopes of a 9th grader on your next few seasons tells me you in trouble.

BigLion10

Hate to hear that SR30. You coming to the lions den next friday?

SR30

No we will be at MC or Glen Rose one. MC will have to face Jon Johnson and HG

BigLion10

I meant when yall play england next week not this week my mistake lol

SR30

Not sure if we will make that one or not. My wife works for HG so we may be at their game again.

BigLion10

Jayepea

Quote from: Jayepea on August 14, 2015, 07:07:19 pm
I went & watched practice twice this week...... I take it all back I have no clue. We'll be lucky to win a game.

mrknowitall

Jayepea

Quote from: mrknowitall on September 20, 2015, 10:14:09 pm
How is Santiago doing?

Thanks for asking he should be 100% come Friday.

Jayepea

I think know it all bets on games.  ;)

Big @ Q-Man            Pick em!  ???
C.C. @ Poyen           C.C. Comes back late!  :o
Cutter @ Mt. Pine     Go!! Mt. Pine!!!  :)
Mag. Cove @ E-Land  Loins ROLL.   8)

BigLion10

Give me bigelow in a close one, cc rolls fairly easy, mtn pine in a slobber knocker, and the lions roar in the jungle

HorseFeathers

Is it a bad time to point out that Lions aren't jungle cats?

Anyway, whats the realistic expectations of Magnet Cove @ England?

BigLion10

Jayepea

BigLion10

What's the food like in bigelow jay, I'm prolly gonna make the trip up next friday

Jayepea

U name it limb kittie, fish, bear, lion, armadillo what ev. Come on over to the house I'll cook us up something pregame & drank some beer.. I figure I'll eat crow after the game :D

BigLion10

I want some pole cat :D and it's always good to drink a little before the game lol

Jayepea

U bring a couple I'll slap em on the George Froman gill hahaha! Sounds good

BigLion10

Haha I'll see if I can hit a few on the way up I shouldn't have a hard time finding any

Cheek

Quote from: HF on September 21, 2015, 09:06:53 pm
Is it a bad time to point out that Lions aren't jungle cats?

Anyway, whats the realistic expectations of Magnet Cove @ England?

It should be a close game even though England is 3-0 and MC is 0-3.  MC should have beaten Parkers Chapel and Haskell- Harmony Grove·, but came up short·   The teams England has played  are 2-8 for a good reason.  Coach Efred will have MC ready to play this first conference game, 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas