• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5-2A in 2015

Started by gatecrasher, December 19, 2014, 10:12:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on June 02, 2015, 04:25:00 pm
Until we prove it we are just a bunch of talkers.

+1

Quote from: Bigditchlion on June 02, 2015, 04:09:45 pm
Leave England off the radar like in basketball. I think the lion is out of the bag though this year. England will be a tough out with all the weapons we have returning.

The difference is your basketball coach gets the best out of his players, you can't say that in football. England has the athletes every year. I wish des arc had that many.

Bigditchlion

True worm. Hope that they can get it done this year. They are fun to watch.

bigworm

Tell ya what pick, we will trade a couple athletes for a couple of them bulldozer linemen. Deal??

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on June 02, 2015, 10:40:51 pm
Tell ya what pick, we will trade a couple athletes for a couple of them bulldozer linemen. Deal??

Deal, when you want to get it done. Lol

bigworm

Ill get the papers drawn up and notarized tomorrow. Ill have my people contact your people for negotiations.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on June 03, 2015, 11:28:03 pm
Ill get the papers drawn up and notarized tomorrow. Ill have my people contact your people for negotiations.

Sounds good

BigLion10

Sure am ready for some football

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 15, 2015, 11:47:03 am
Sure am ready for some football

Only 77 more days til First games start...But who's counting?

BigLion10

Me lol Carlisle comes to town

mom18

I didn't see Farmer at 7 on 7 today. Did he fly the coop again??

bigworm

he was at some camp somewhere i think.

mom18

Oh isn't that double dipping since he's on a 12 month contract?? Maybe he took a personal day.

Bigditchlion

How do you know so much about his contract and work schedule? Are you a teacher or something?? As for him flying the coop, don't think he would do that with the kids he has this year. From what I have been told they are doing very well in 7 on 7. Go Lions!!

mom18

From what I saw they were doing very well, WITHOUT him. And contract information is online, anyone can see it.

BigLion10

We gave assistant coaches for that reason

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Bigditchlion on June 18, 2015, 07:33:27 am
How do you know so much about his contract and work schedule? Are you a teacher or something?? As for him flying the coop, don't think he would do that with the kids he has this year. From what I have been told they are doing very well in 7 on 7. Go Lions!!

You really cannot take much from 7 on 7. Especially when you do not have someone running at your QB.

Bigditchlion

What is wrong with a coach going to a camp? Don't they learn there? Thought teachers have to have continuing Ed hours, why not coaches? I'm no expert like y'all, but doesn't 7 on 7 help with qb and reciever development? In the spread the ball is thrown or handed off pretty quick from what I have witnessed. So I would think you would be able to see a correlation.

Proud Buckaroo

Now, I didn't say you couldn't get anything out of it. It is good for a QB to be able to connect with receivers. But, like I said. It's different when you get under pressure.

JC Guy

Quote from: Bigditchlion on June 18, 2015, 03:41:20 pm
What is wrong with a coach going to a camp? Don't they learn there? Thought teachers have to have continuing Ed hours, why not coaches? I'm no expert like y'all, but doesn't 7 on 7 help with qb and reciever development? In the spread the ball is thrown or handed off pretty quick from what I have witnessed. So I would think you would be able to see a correlation.
7 on 7 VS 11 on 11 is like night and day. You can do some good things in 7 on 7 such as build timing on routs and things of that nature however just because you have success in 7 on 7 by no means will that equate to success in 11 on 11. The big thing is it gives the coaches a legal way to teach and coach up skill players through the summer.

BigLion10

I wish they had something like 7 on 7 for the lineman

JC Guy

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 18, 2015, 07:13:35 pm
I wish they had something like 7 on 7 for the lineman
BigLion I know it's not the same but if you search around they have some team lineman events. I know I few years back Parkers Chapel went and placed in one but I don't remember where it was.

BigLion10

That's good I wished they had them regurly during the summer like they due 7 on 7 with the skill positions. I think it would greatly improve the linemans ability and there progress

bigworm

Im with ya all the way being as how the game is won or lost at the line of scrimmage. Better have that line ready or you wont be very successful when big boy football time comes.

JC Guy

Those of us that played years ago wouldn't even recognize the way it's played now at the line. With spreads, shot gun and going into different formations and then the D adjust. So many blocking schemes being called at the line and checking when the D checks. It would be a great help like you said and it never hurts to work them big uglys ever chance you get.

BigLion10

I know 6 or 7 years ago when I played the spread was just know getting going and even then we were told to just find someone and hit them. We didn't do the twists and shifts and stunts they do know on the line

beach bum

June 19, 2015, 05:25:11 pm #125 Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:28:18 pm by beach bum
The 5-2A should be quite interesting between the top 4 teams... maybe 5 if Poyen can stay up there. Bigelow should even contend for a conference title bringing in a starting RB from 5A Vilonia. England, Magnet Cove and Conway Christian are always there. I doubt anyone makes it through conference play with a perfect 7-0 league record because it is so tightly bunched in the top half of the conference. I am picking Bigelow to get the 1 seed as a little bit of a surprise with the addition. They ended as the 5 seed last year only giving up 12 points a game in conference play which is crazy to give up that little points and not win more games with a defense like that. They always have a fundamentally sound defense and with the offensive boost in the running game I see them as the most improved team this year. The other 3 teams will definitely all have a chance as well.

bigworm

I think you misfigured. The playoff  teams points allowed in conference games were:

CC 13
Poyen 14.3
Bigelow 15
England 15.4
Magnet Cove 15.7

pretty tight and im sure it will be a competitive conference among these teams again this year.

bigworm

HorseFeathers

Playoffs seeds...

1. England
2. Conway Christian
3. Bigelow
4. Magnet Cove
5. Poyen

BigLion10

8 more weeks till Friday Night Lights

Ventman

That's crazy, I don't have a kid playing this year for the first time in 6 years but I'm still ready! Good luck to all the teams this year and safe travels for the fans. I will be in England for the first game.

BigLion10

Come on over to England ventman we will save u a seat haha

Ventman

I will be there but I will be on the visitors side. I think the Lions will make a good run this year.

Bigditchlion

Battle of the beasts won't be long ventman.

Ventman

I don't suspect there will be much of a battle. May be worse than last year but I will be there.

bigworm

Quote from: Ventman on July 09, 2015, 09:24:00 am
I don't suspect there will be much of a battle. May be worse than last year but I will be there.

I'll never count the ole Bizen out till the final buzzer.

Ventman

Quote from: bigworm on July 09, 2015, 11:15:18 am
Quote from: Ventman on July 09, 2015, 09:24:00 am

I'll never count the ole Bizen out till the final buzzer.
its y'all's time big! I'm looking forward to seeing what these Lions are gonna do this year!

bigworm

Bump!!! Are you ready for some football!?

Ventman

Quote from: bigworm on July 21, 2015, 12:03:31 am
Bump!!! Are you ready for some football!?
Im ready for some football and some cooler temps big!

bigworm

dangit man!! me too.

Bigditchlion

When does 2 a days start for most programs?

bigworm

Should be somewhere around the 4th of august

BigLion10

I'm ready for some football

Jayepea

Bigelow is going to win the 5 2a, with a talented balanced offence & a shutdown defence how can we loose?

bigworm

Quote from: Jayepea on July 25, 2015, 11:06:42 pm
Bigelow is going to win the 5 2a, with a talented balanced offence & a shutdown defence how can we loose?

the other team scoring more points.

Jayepea

The panthers will average more points per game this season than years past. I'd say at least 14 ppg more.

BigLion10

Quote from: Jayepea on July 25, 2015, 11:06:42 pm
the other team has more points on the scoreboard at the end of the game

Jayepea

Thank you Capt. Obvious

bigworm

That wouldnt suprise me, jay. I expect a good season out of bigelow.

Jayepea

Let's get ready to rumble   :o

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas