• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP(GIRLS): Earle vs Quitman THUR 6:00

Started by Brian G, March 04, 2018, 12:33:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Quitman ties it up with their 5th field goal of the game which broke about a 8 minute field goal drought.

Earle - 33
Quitman - 33

7:11 4Q

Quitman with their 2nd timeout of the game.

Mr. Trill

I take that back, it was Earle ball after a timeout but they gave it to Quitman and they scored.

AB™

About two minutes into the second half, Quitman has made exactly one FG this half (so far) and they're still winning the half 14-10.

Weird game.

Ctucker

These refs suck you fall down and they will call a foul

AT

It should be noted to fuel fire or just for observation, depending on who you are...

Quitman: 29 free throws

Earle: 5 free throws

AT

Earle took their 2nd timeout of the game

Earle - 35
Quitman - 33

6:14 4Q

Ctucker

I've never said this before but let's go Earle! I think these refs thinks Quitman is from central Arkansas

Bigboyodell

AT

Brian G

Some awful shooting in this game. Quitman less than 20% and Earle less than 30% with 3min to go.

It is hard to shoot there. You see it every year.

Mr. Trill

AT

Quitman with, I believe, their 3rd timeout.

Earle - 39
Quitman - 38

2:09 4Q

AT

If Live Stats are to be believed, Quitman takes their 4th timeout, one remaining.

Earle - 40
Quitman - 39

2:05 4Q

Ctucker

Quote from: B.G. on March 08, 2018, 07:22:23 pm
Some awful shooting in this game. Quitman less than 20% and Earle less than 30% with 3min to go.

It is hard to shoot there. You see it every year.
Shouldn't be its a nice gym to shoot in!

Ctucker

thebigman3

Quote from: Ctucker on March 08, 2018, 07:30:33 pm
Shouldn't be its a nice gym to shoot in!
depth perception. It is harder to shoot in that gym.

AT

This is why some teams go to Alma's gym before going to the state champ game.

AT

Ctucker

AT

AB™

Quitman shoots 8/44 (18.2%) from the floor and loses by just five points. 

AR Ball Junkie

I missed most of the game. But I did see where Quitman shot 37 FTs to Earles 15. This was the only reason Quitman was in this game. Congrats Earle.

Ctucker

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 08, 2018, 07:32:22 pm
depth perception. It is harder to shoot in that gym.
[/quote. My daughters beat shooting game ever was in that gym ask her why and she said goals look real close from 3 p point line

Brian G

Look at the percentages every year and you'll see it's pretty low.

Now, I'll yield nerves and better competition account for some it.

Also, there are outliers as I can name several cases of good shooting games but overall the percentages are pretty darn low compared to normal.

Ctucker

I can by that but most of missed shots in that girls game was layups!

Brian G

Ctucker

Quote from: B.G. on March 08, 2018, 07:44:07 pm

Also, there are outliers as I can name several cases of good shooting games but overall the percentages are pretty darn low compared to normal.
boys ain't having much trouble

Brian G

Quote from: Ctucker on March 08, 2018, 08:07:48 pm
boys ain't having much trouble
Very true(4:00 min in)!

I'm saying over time.....  Always an exception to any stat.

AB™

Quote from: B.G. on March 08, 2018, 07:44:07 pm

I understand there are factors in play in state championship games that play a role: depth perception, high-level competition, tight play/nerves on the ultimate stage.  However, I'm not sure I've ever seen a team shoot just 18% from the field over the last few years I've paid attention to the live stat tracker, and if I have I don't recall them having a chance to win the game.

I know this is by no means an indictment on Quitman.  I'm sure they could play that game 10 more times and they'd shoot nowhere close to 18%.  Quitman is a good basketball team who just ran into a rough shooting night at the worst possible time.  I just found it very impressive that they shot 8/44 from the floor and were in the game until the final seconds.

Ctucker

patriot15

U can shoot 18% and stay in the game if you shoot 40 free throws.

HorseFeathers

Was the one sided free throw shots deserved? Didnt watch it...but heard Earle looked like they were playing hack a shaq out there

NEark tigers

No, it was more like one referee constantly blowing the whistle too much......37-15

patriot15

Earle played aggressive but so did Quitman. It should never be that one sided if both teams are playing man to man defense. AAA did it again by letting 2 officials that had never officiated a championship game officiate that game. Ridiculous

Dogg

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 09, 2018, 07:40:07 am
Was the one sided free throw shots deserved? Didnt watch it...but heard Earle looked like they were playing hack a shaq out there
Not deserved. The one old guy was horrible!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas