• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CF to get turf.

Started by browning_gold_12, June 19, 2018, 07:49:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

browning_gold_12

The School board approved $350K, half the total, from the budget and said the community would be responsible for the rest. $200K was pledged before the meeting was over and the other $150K secured shortly thereafter. Work begins today. Bout time...

Oldbadger

Big Fan

AT

This is awesome. The program has earned it over the years.

Jimbo Morphis

Who will pay for it in 10 years?

zebrafan

Nice! Will look good with stadium!

old.dole

Last I heard they ain't collected a dime of the money and already broke ground on it. Hope they don't get screwed over by someone

TROJANS18

Youngsta71701

As long as it's not that hard turf. Grassy turf is the best.

tmycjy

Any picture on the new field

Hoghead2

Great !!! That will be a nice addition to a fine facility.

browning_gold_12

I think Youngsta71701's picture will be at midfield.... ;D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on June 27, 2018, 10:27:19 am
As long as it's not that hard turf. Grassy turf is the best.
Huh?

PapaHog

I heard they are going to put youngstas name on the field, since he's been a huge part of their success over the years with his expert coaching advice.

#1 Hog fan

Youngsta71701

Quote from: browning_gold_12 on July 12, 2018, 12:27:24 pm
I think Youngsta71701's picture will be at midfield.... ;D
Nah, I don't want the attention lol.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Oldman on July 12, 2018, 01:46:05 pm
Huh?
Grassy turf plays like fake grass instead of that hard field turf. I guess you've never heard of it.

Youngsta71701

July 16, 2018, 11:17:54 am #17 Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 11:21:05 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: PapaHog on July 13, 2018, 12:22:19 pm
I heard they are going to put youngstas name on the field, since he's been a huge part of their success over the years with his expert coaching advice.
Nope, my coaching advice left with Buck James. Pretty much everything he was doing was working but of course we found a way to screw that up.  ;)

2011 - 11 wins
2012 - 14 wins, state championship
2013 - 10 wins

2014 - 8 wins
2015 - 6 wins
2016 - 3 wins
2017 - 4 wins

See the downward trend since 2013?

Youngsta71701

July 16, 2018, 11:28:12 am #18 Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 11:31:37 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Oldman on July 12, 2018, 01:46:05 pm
Huh?
Artificial turf

Artificial turf is a fabricated item – not genuine, living grass. Produced using engineered strands, this grass was initially utilized as a part of expert games stadiums back in the 1960s.

From that point forward, engineered turf has advanced to look and feel more reasonable. The present manufactured grass includes longer strands and sand or elastic infill, which work to firmly imitate the surface and development of common grass.

With no watering required, manufactured turf is a low upkeep item. Furthermore, manufactured grass gives a year-round green yard. Along these lines, it's nothing unexpected that numerous organizations, greens, districts and vacation spots utilize this kind of grass.

Before you choose that counterfeit turf is a smart thought for you, in any case, think about the advantages of solid, common grass.

FieldTurf is a brand of artificial turf playing surface. It is manufactured and installed by FieldTurf Tarkett, a division of French company Tarkett Inc. FieldTurf is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and its primary manufacturing facility is located in Calhoun, Georgia, United States. With a design intended to more accurately replicate real grass,[1] the new product gained rapid popularity in the late 1990s, and changed the industry.[2]

Need anymore examples?

The A-Team

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on July 16, 2018, 11:17:54 amC'mon man....James is gone. Why don't you get on the 7A forum and praise Coach James. There's plenty of good coaches who have moved on to other schools. You don't see people still crying about it 5 years later. Spare us and talk about 2018.
Nope, my coaching advice left with Buck James. Pretty much everything he was doing was working but of course we found a way to screw that up.  ;)

2011 - 11 wins
2012 - 14 wins, state championship
2013 - 10 wins

2014 - 8 wins
2015 - 6 wins
2016 - 3 wins
2017 - 4 wins

See the downward trend since 2013?

Jimbo Morphis

So you want current turf instead of 1960's turf?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Oldman on July 16, 2018, 12:36:12 pm
So you want current turf instead of 1960's turf?
I'm just saying the turf that plays like grass is the best type of turf not that Astroturf. You might as well be playing on concrete with that stuff.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The A-Team on July 16, 2018, 12:14:15 pm

Dude, I was just responding to the noise talk. Get your panties out of a wad. And this is a message board so I can talk about whatever the heck I want.

old.dole

I look for the cards to make some noise this season. Went to a couple 7 on 7s and they look good. Mondo has them looking like they been in the weight room for sure. Once that holliman kid is back 100% I think he will get some d1 looks.

Hogman2018

Quote from: old.dole on August 02, 2018, 03:08:08 pm
I look for the cards to make some noise this season. Went to a couple 7 on 7s and they look good. Mondo has them looking like they been in the weight room for sure. Once that holliman kid is back 100% I think he will get some d1 looks.
How long is Holliman out??

old.dole

Be back any day from what I understand. May be back now been a couple weeks since I head anything on him

#1 Hog fan

Quote from: Hogman2018 on August 02, 2018, 03:28:10 pm
How long is Holliman out??
He's healthy and has already returned to the field

Neckred

Anyone using the term grassy turf probably shouldn't be discussing turf in a forum.  Is CF gonna still suck?

Overdahill

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on July 16, 2018, 01:11:40 pm
I'm just saying the turf that plays like grass is the best type of turf not that Astroturf. You might as well be playing on concrete with that stuff.

those old turf burns were nasty

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Neckred on August 08, 2018, 11:42:38 am
Anyone using the term grassy turf probably shouldn't be discussing turf in a forum.  Is CF gonna still suck?
If that term is good enough for the Arizona Cardinals to use it's good enough for me.  ;)

Youngsta71701

Overdahill

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 09, 2018, 02:14:40 pm
Stings like the dickens...

2 things I did like about the old astroturf though: you felt fast on it compared to real grass and we had a big crown on our field so as an inside backer I always felt like I was running downhill

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Overdahill on August 09, 2018, 02:37:22 pm
2 things I did like about the old astroturf though: you felt fast on it compared to real grass and we had a big crown on our field so as an inside backer I always felt like I was running downhill
It is faster, no doubt. But those carpet burns ain't no joke especially when you have to take a bath or a shower afterwards lol.

old.dole

Drove through Camden yesterday and turf was looking really good. I was glade to see they didn't put that strutting cardinal in the middle of the field

AirWarren

Anyone have any pictures?

I always thought CF home side was super nice.

RamFan06

Their press box is one of the nicest i have been in.

Hgalum50

Quote from: AirWarren on August 12, 2018, 12:59:28 pm
Anyone have any pictures?

I always thought CF home side was super nice.
Go to the high school facebook page. it should be a video.

JessieP

I get that people really only care about their team and maybe their rivals. This is a message board for people to talk about whatever they want. I could post about Batesville's passing game and the vast majority of people could care less, I get that. 39 replies to a thread discussing a school getting turf? Really? Turf, seriously? Stay tuned for the barnburner discussing the snack bar adding Frito Pie.

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on August 19, 2018, 01:31:32 am
I get that people really only care about their team and maybe their rivals. This is a message board for people to talk about whatever they want. I could post about Batesville's passing game and the vast majority of people could care less, I get that. 39 replies to a thread discussing a school getting turf? Really? Turf, seriously? Stay tuned for the barnburner discussing the snack bar adding Frito Pie.

Come on Man, its the offseason so we're watching the turf grow :D

Hoghead2

Turf conversations have virtue. Plus Camden Fairview has a nice stadium. This is the crowning glory of that facility. LOL

Hoghead2

Turf conversations have virtue. Plus Camden Fairview has a nice stadium. This is the crowning glory of that facility. LOL

Youngsta71701

Quote from: JessieP on August 19, 2018, 01:31:32 am
Wasn't much else to talk about when this thread was started lol.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas