• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NAC Tournament in Harrison

Started by YSpanther, December 18, 2018, 05:47:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

YSpanther

ozarkmtnsman

Would have to agree with YSpanther on another thread.  Marshall is probably better than their record indicates. They had some tough nonconference games along with a new coach this year. So I think will improve as the season goes on, probably deserved a little higher seed than a 12.

Sill not sold on Bergman, they are worthy of a 2 seed in this tournament. However, I would not pencil them in for the title game just quite yet.

baseball13

theflash10

Quote from: baseball13 on December 19, 2018, 09:56:21 am
how do they pick the seeds?
Coaches get together and have a seeding meeting, make their case for what their team should be and then they vote.

Also playing with a shot clock in this tournament this year.

YSpanther

Quote from: theflash10 on December 19, 2018, 10:37:29 am
Coaches get together and have a seeding meeting, make their case for what their team should be and then they vote.

Also playing with a shot clock in this tournament this year.
Yes, and frequently there is some politicking going on.  I commented to ozark in the other thread that Yellville was voted an 11 by one of the coaches.  I can get a 7 or 8 with one of the early losses, but someone kneecapped us at that meeting. To be a fly on a wall.  ;D

Charlie Jenkins

This tournament used to have over 30 teams from all over the state

ozarkmtnsman

HorseFeathers

Western Grove boys thrashed lead hill by 46

YSpanther

Quote from: ozarkmtnsman on December 29, 2018, 08:45:31 pm
Any scores?
Marshall 63 YS 61.  The French connection came through big time. (They have a French exchange student that is a scoring machine)

It didn't help that they let Marshall shoot free throws on a rebound foul that was obviously not a shot attempt with less than 10 seconds left that provided the margin, but Marshall came out guns blazing and hit quite a lot of 3s, while Yellville looked sluggish and did not play well, having several unforced turnovers and missed layups.  It is what I expected if they took Marshall lightly.  And hats off to Marshall, they played hard all game and kept coming.

ozarkmtnsman

December 30, 2018, 07:00:32 pm #9 Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 07:28:27 pm by ozarkmtnsman
Marshall's Juniors and sophomores were part of a tough junior high team a couple of years ago (won a district title) though a few have transferred/moved. Still some talent there, they have played a fairly tough schedule and their record shows that. Also a new coach at the reins.  As I mentioned earlier in this thread they probably deserved a higher seed in this tournament. Though with only 4 wins going in, it might have been hard to justify at the time. 

Bergman1820

Girls seeding is way off. Could have been much better matchups.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas