• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting transfers this offseason...

Started by businesstron, November 08, 2018, 06:31:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

businesstron

Since 7a is now 6a for basketball..

Moses Moody left NLR to go Montverde Academy in Florida a few months back(I think...sometime in the past). 

I think NLR still has a pretty good team without him. But that is a loss..

For Harber They lost Austin Garrett and their 3 year starting PG Tylor Perry.  One went to Fayetteville and the other went to Muldrow.  I don't know how they gon replace them.  They'll still be an ok team....probably not the conteders they were before losing those two. 

Alot of these happened a while back.  Just thought I'd put that out there.

Klaw30

Harber lost a ton of talent with Austin Garret and Tylor Perry leaving,  however, senior guard Cole Bishop has been in the system for about 3 years and they have a new player..... I think his name is Lawson Jenkins who I am told can ball. NLR on the other hand even with the loss of Moody will still have enough talent to make them a top team in the conference.

baller334

Lawson Jenkins is the kid from Valley Springs I believe. His mom is Coach Jenkins that had a great career at Valley Springs coaching the girls. He is a really good shooter and a smart player.

Klaw30

I still think that Springdale will be better than Har-Ber but this year the 7a West is down and I believe that Northside and NLR will be the two top teams to beat again.

businesstron

Quote from: Klaw30 on November 29, 2018, 08:55:29 am
I still think that Springdale will be better than Har-Ber but this year the 7a West is down and I believe that Northside and NLR will be the two top teams to beat again.

Yeah I haven't seen Springdale this year yet but just based on what they have coming back they should be better with what they what they have coming back.  They were a pretty young team last year with their best two players being sophomores.  I wouldn't be surprised if they become more of a force during conference play if they have those same two players back this year.  Fayetteville is the class of the West and probably the only hope for bringing a title to this side of the state.  Bentonville is solid.   They are well coached and have some decent players. 

NLR and Northside could be the best two teams but I think that  could be shakey.   I saw Conway play like a 4 OT game with West Memphis.   Conway is good and they swept NLR last year and that was with Moses Moody.    It would be easier to do that again this year because NLR is way more beatable this year.    Bryant is good.   Northside like Isaiah Joe but they might be a better team all around by playoff time.  Last year they were a talented team but they relied on Joe too much and their big man was soft.  This year he ain't soft and he's a whole lot better player on the whole and Releford on the outside can score.  They also have alot of their team back from last year.  But their big man is the x-factor.  I don't think any of the other teams in 7a have that. 

Even though the 7a west is down i think it'll be a decent year. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas