• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-3 conference champs?

Started by Cougar2004, July 11, 2018, 02:27:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ISU7

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 15, 2018, 01:16:38 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/jun/03/arksansas-prospect-camp-updates/
I'll just leave this right here for you.
Didn't help much against 3-3A Osceola in a Seminoles blowout at Pokey.
Good luck to yall this season 🏈

bigchief72455

Yeah that was a rough night. Best of luck to you guys as well.

ISU7

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 18, 2018, 01:09:01 am
Yeah that was a rough night. Best of luck to you guys as well.
Thank you sir.👍

Ghs21

Gosnell did have some injuries to some key players the first few games of the year last year. Not saying they would have won but it definitely hurt

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 17, 2018, 09:42:50 pm
Pocahontas 28
VV 14
Dawson had an exceptional game.
Skins come back after being down 14-0.

Seem to be putting a lot of faith into a scrimmage game.

ISU7

Quote from: Ghs21 on August 18, 2018, 01:58:21 am
Gosnell did have some injuries to some key players the first few games of the year last year. Not saying they would have won but it definitely hurt
Gosnell had all their players back against Crest.

bigchief72455

August 18, 2018, 02:38:20 pm #106 Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 04:18:09 pm by bigchief72455
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 18, 2018, 11:39:36 am
Seem to be putting a lot of faith into a scrimmage game.
Not putting my faith into anything. Just a scrimmage game that had Nettleton's coaching staff and RC's staff and all state rb and qb in attendance for. I am sure it was just scouting. I mean I am sure they need all the data they can get on the future 3rd seed in their conference. Nevermind it was just watch Valley View right. Nobody is doubting RC at all. But its not going to be a cake walk like you believe it to be.

Ghs21

Quote from: ISU7 on August 18, 2018, 01:37:25 pm
Gosnell had all their players back against Crest.
except one of there starting linebackers who was there leading tackler on defense

redandgray

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 17, 2018, 09:42:50 pm
Pocahontas 28
VV 14
Dawson had an exceptional game.
Skins come back after being down 14-0.

Congrats to Pocahontas!  Always good to get it going early.  Good sign in a scrimmage/jamboree setting. 

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Looking forward to seeing that new stadium in Wilson... I've heard it looks huge especially in it's location

redandgray

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on August 18, 2018, 05:00:26 pm
Looking forward to seeing that new stadium in Wilson... I've heard it looks huge especially in it's location

The "Cotton Patch" had a ton of tradition, but the facilities in that location were among the absolute worst in the state.  It's nice to see the school and players get something nice.  Looking forward to Friday nights at "The Tez"

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

It had to be kinda hard to say goodbye to a place with the vibes the Cotton Patch had... But that new place will be around and probably still see some good days

bigchief72455

Quote from: redandgray on August 18, 2018, 04:57:36 pm
Congrats to Pocahontas!  Always good to get it going early.  Good sign in a scrimmage/jamboree setting.
Thank you. I enjoyed talking with some of the Colts coaches and players at the game. Class act all around. Best of luck at Paragould. I think they will do well. Hopefully their coach won't lose his mind like VV coach did. Lol

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 18, 2018, 02:38:20 pm
Not putting my faith into anything. Just a scrimmage game that had Nettleton's coaching staff and RC's staff and all state rb and qb in attendance for. I am sure it was just scouting. I mean I am sure they need all the data they can get on the future 3rd seed in their conference. Nevermind it was just watch Valley View right. Nobody is doubting RC at all. But its not going to be a cake walk like you believe it to be.

Not sure what a cake walk is, and I'm not sure Pokey gets the number three spot.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 18, 2018, 07:06:25 pm
Not sure what a cake walk is, and I'm not sure Pokey gets the number three spot.
Only time will tell, I know RC has a heck of a running back it'll be an exciting season

Redskin2015

Does the colts fan base typically travel well?

Coltfan2005

Not as well as they could, but much better than most in their prior conf.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 18, 2018, 09:58:41 pm
Not as well as they could, but much better than most in their prior conf.
It always makes for a fun atmosphere when both sides stands are full, expect a decent crowd in the stands when the skins roll into town

GMAT

Pokey came on strong end of last year. Just handed it to Valley View in a game like scrimmage.  Rivercrest got it handed to them last year by Newport who is a former 3 4A foe. Rivercrest also lost their head coach. Not sure they won't finish 3rd. Pokey sophomores have never lost a game as a group along with the juniors when they were all together. Dawson is probably the best qb to come through in a long time. Time will tell but Pocahontas will be 1 or 2.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: GMAT on August 19, 2018, 01:45:01 pm
Pokey came on strong end of last year. Just handed it to Valley View in a game like scrimmage.  Rivercrest got it handed to them last year by Newport who is a former 3 4A foe. Rivercrest also lost their head coach. Not sure they won't finish 3rd. Pokey sophomores have never lost a game as a group along with the juniors when they were all together. Dawson is probably the best qb to come through in a long time. Time will tell but Pocahontas will be 1 or 2.
A lot of this season will depend on who's hot when the "Big Three" (Pocahontas, Gosnell, Rivercrest) play each other. This sophomore class is really ready to win in high school and they proved that they are a threat this year against Valley Very.

Coltfan2005

"NEW" Head Coach been there over 20 years. Pokey lost 3 of their last 5 games in 2017, how is that coming on hot? Answer that one for me, instead of ignoring it. Your sophomore's have never played High School ball. SO many programs out there bragging on their Jr High records. One victory last year over a winning team. Bragging over a scrimmage game, that the other team pulled their starters out of when it was 14 to 0. Pokey apparently kept their's in a while longer according to the stats. Newport did beat Rivercrest, Newport also beat YOUR conf champion. Rivercrest finished winning 7 games in a row and a state title...that's a strong finish.

GMAT

Coming on strong in terms of how we started. Westsides field goal in overtime was a disappointment but mercy ruling Dumas in the playoffs and playing with ashdown till the 4th quarter was impressive. We're probably still a year away from our best ball but this isn't the same team as last year. Hootens does have it RC, Gosnell and Pocahontas but only because of unproven QB. I've watched Pocahontas football for 40 years and this team has great potential. We showed vanilla at Valley View. Probably because we were being scouted. Hootens magazine will also verify Devon's 4.39 if you'll read it.

bigchief72455

Coltfan2005 were you at that scrimmage?

Coltfan2005

If I was at the scrimmage I would not have to rely on someone else's stats. And I do hope Pokey is better this year, I really do. Wouldn't brag too much about the Dumas win, not if you knew anything about their team and schedule. Except for Warren, Pokey played a harder line-up.

bigchief72455

Small update. The VV starters were not pulled. They played the entire game. Pocahontas did pull theirs.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 20, 2018, 09:56:36 am
Small update. The VV starters were not pulled. They played the entire game. Pocahontas did pull theirs.

small question...are you saying your starters couldn't score on VV but your Junior Varsity did? 2,3, 14, and 30 are not starters for Pokey?

bigchief72455

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 20, 2018, 10:57:15 am
small question...are you saying your starters couldn't score on VV but your Junior Varsity did? 2,3, 14, and 30 are not starters for Pokey?
I believe the starters began to come out in the 4th quarter when the score was 28-14.

SNT Sports

As a previous poster stated, i think this year's winner will come out of Gosnell, Rivercrest or Pokey.  That's not exactly a bold prediction.  I could see a three-way tie like we had a few years ago with Highland and Gosnell.

To the Redskins here on the board:
If you aren't nervous about the Young brothers and how much damage the Gosnell running game can do every year, you're not being realistic. 
If you aren't nervous about all the studs and tradition at Rivercrest, you're not being realistic. 

To the Rivercrest and Gosnell folks here on the board:
If you aren't nervous about Dawson Chester and Devon Adams, you're not being realistic.  The Rivercrest coaches certainly are.  If not, they wouldn't have showed up for a mid-August Mosquito Bowl.

Redskin2015

August 20, 2018, 11:59:28 am #128 Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 12:03:46 pm by Redskin2015
Quote from: SNT Sports on August 20, 2018, 11:24:37 am
As a previous poster stated, i think this year's winner will come out of Gosnell, Rivercrest or Pokey.  That's not exactly a bold prediction.  I could see a three-way tie like we had a few years ago with Highland and Gosnell.

If you aren't nervous about the Young brothers and how much damage the Gosnell running game can do every year, you're not being realistic. 
If you aren't nervous about all the studs and tradition at Rivercrest, you're not being realistic. 

If you aren't nervous about Dawson Chester and Devon Adams, you're not being realistic.  The Rivercrest coaches certainly are.  If not, they wouldn't have showed up for a mid-August Mosquito Bowl.
Couldn't agree more any body can beat anybody on any given night Gosnell is a solid team year in and out that plays tough and rivercrest has a lot of tradition in the past and are reigning 3A champs you have to respect that

bigchief72455

I don't know how those placements might fall but I can guarantee they will be exciting games to watch. All 3 teams are legitimate playoff contenders and all have the ability to make a deep run. Rivercrest coming to the conference will make it more competitive for every team. Might even get the 3_4A a little more relevance in the 4A as a whole.

Coltfan2005

You sure they weren't there for VV? And as far as Adams, his coach is taking care of that.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 20, 2018, 02:04:39 pm
You sure they weren't there for VV? And as far as Adams, his coach is taking care of that.
That is probably what it was.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 20, 2018, 02:04:39 pm
Interesting to hear rivercrest is more invested in winning those non conference games instead of conference games then

Coltfan2005

And it's interesting to hear Pokey left their starters in 3 qtrs in a scrimmage game. Also interesting to hear that Pokey would take their only constant performer from last year (passing and rushing) and limit his output to passing yards and gadget plays. I have no idea why the coaches were actually at the game, could be they went to 5 Guys and then had a few hours to kill.

Redskin2015

August 20, 2018, 08:45:53 pm #134 Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 08:48:26 pm by Redskin2015
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 20, 2018, 08:10:00 pm
And it's interesting to hear Pokey left their starters in 3 qtrs in a scrimmage game. Also interesting to hear that Pokey would take their only constant performer from last year (passing and rushing) and limit his output to passing yards and gadget plays. I have no idea why the coaches were actually at the game, could be they went to 5 Guys and then had a few hours to kill.
And I'm not sure why the coaches made a Quarterback change could be because Dawson is a better Quarterback and Adams is a better receiver but that would be way too obvious wouldn't it so the coaching staff must just be incompetent lol

sludgefoot

I believe the Redskins will have the offense but what about D?

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: sludgefoot on August 20, 2018, 08:59:36 pm
I believe the Redskins will have the offense but what about D?
Last year, it took them until about week 6 to get the defense settled due to moving guys around week by week and a few injuries. This year's team isn't necessarily a bigger group, but have the speed and definitely have the strength to get it done against most teams

Redskin2015

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on August 20, 2018, 09:01:20 pm
Last year, it took them until about week 6 to get the defense settled due to moving guys around week by week and a few injuries. This year's team isn't necessarily a bigger group, but have the speed and definitely have the strength to get it done against most teams
Not to mention the majority of starters last season were sophomores and they've got a year under their belts now

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Redskin2015 on August 20, 2018, 09:05:53 pm
Not to mention the majority of starters last season were sophomores and they've got a year under their belts now
That's something else: experience. Yes, we're bringing up a lot of sophomores, but if we can ease them in early on as they get a better grasp of high school ball, then I feel really good about this season.

bigchief72455

I am gonna leave it at this. All 3 teams are great in their own right. All 3 have some great talent. We may trash talk some because it is fun. At least we have a lot to talk about and speculate over in this conference. This much talent happening at this same time are going to make for amazing Friday nights. No matter how these 3 teams fall, the 3-4A should have some decent representatives in the playoffs and that is something all the fans can take pride in. Always back our teams in playoff games. Gonna be some fun watching these young men play.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Redskin2015 on August 20, 2018, 08:45:53 pm
And I'm not sure why the coaches made a Quarterback change could be because Dawson is a better Quarterback and Adams is a better receiver but that would be way too obvious wouldn't it so the coaching staff must just be incompetent lol

So, this soph is better than a QB who had the stats he did last year? Smart money keeps the man where he was and wins some games with him. Smart money does not take an athlete like that and limit him. He may turn some catches into extra yardage, but the team gives up 1,000 yards in rushing.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 20, 2018, 09:53:45 pm
So, this soph is better than a QB who had the stats he did last year? Smart money keeps the man where he was and wins some games with him. Smart money does not take an athlete like that and limit him. He may turn some catches into extra yardage, but the team gives up 1,000 yards in rushing.
And if the kid beat out the kid that had 1,000 yards rushing surely that makes you wonder what this sophomore is capable of and that's for this year +2 more and if that's this case speaking hypothetically maybe the coaching staff and team should be watching pokey not VV and probably skip out on five guys but these are all hypotheticals

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Redskin2015 on August 20, 2018, 11:20:19 pm
And if the kid beat out the kid that had 1,000 yards rushing surely that makes you wonder what this sophomore is capable of and that's for this year +2 more and if that's this case speaking hypothetically maybe the coaching staff and team should be watching pokey not VV and probably skip out on five guys but these are all hypotheticals

One should never skip out on Five Guys, unless you are one of those liberal pinko tree huggers.

bigchief72455

Agreed. Unlimited claps for that

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 21, 2018, 03:21:10 pm
One should never skip out on Five Guys, unless you are one of those liberal pinko tree huggers.
I prefer chic fil a

Coltfan2005

chicken over beef...communist! :-X

ISU7

Yeah but Crest won the game that every team play to get to remember.  Newport didn't win state Crest did also those 9th graders from last year will experience losing this season 💯

ISU7

Quote from: GMAT on August 19, 2018, 02:40:14 pm
Coming on strong in terms of how we started. Westsides field goal in overtime was a disappointment but mercy ruling Dumas in the playoffs and playing with ashdown till the 4th quarter was impressive. We're probably still a year away from our best ball but this isn't the same team as last year. Hootens does have it RC, Gosnell and Pocahontas but only because of unproven QB. I've watched Pocahontas football for 40 years and this team has great potential. We showed vanilla at Valley View. Probably because we were being scouted. Hootens magazine will also verify Devon's 4.39 if you'll read it.
4.39 speed didnt  fair well at home vs 3-3A Osceola who 4.6 speed player scored 8 td's against Pokey. That same player had 8 yds rushing 27 yds receiving and 0 td' in a week 10 loss to RiverCrest.

Coltfan2005

August 22, 2018, 10:49:20 am #148 Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:59:02 am by Coltfan2005
not that a scrimmage game matters but Colts 48-0 over epc. Good execution by a ton of sophomores.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 22, 2018, 10:49:20 am
not that a scrimmage game matters but Colts 48-0 over epc. Good execution by a ton of sophomores.
Just out of curiosity I've heard that a running back over there is getting looks from bama are these rumors or is there any truth to it

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas