• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A North Regionals @ Berryville!

Started by BigGuy22, February 18, 2018, 12:42:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dodger

Berryville girls pull away late.  Final 63-38 over Dardanelle.  Semi tomorrow versus Pottsville should be a dandy.

Sigmund Sauer

Anywhere to find any update/info/stream of Booneville vs Shiloh. I've searched high and low and no luck.

andydavis1234

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 22, 2018, 05:57:11 pm
Anywhere to find any update/info/stream of Booneville vs Shiloh. I've searched high and low and no luck.
Live scoring on Maxpreps.

Sigmund Sauer

Sigmund Sauer

Ozark Hog

How was the ref calls in Berryville girls game, any home cooking?

Sigmund Sauer

x14113

andydavis1234

Pea Ridge-11 Subi-8
End 1
Game of runs thus far. PR started on an 11-0 run, followed by Subi with an 8-0.

StevenGlen

Quote from: andydavis1234 on February 22, 2018, 09:09:18 pm
Pea Ridge-11 Subi-8
End 1
Game of runs thus far. PR started on an 11-0 run, followed by Subi with an 8-0.

Thanks for the update, I'm too cheap to pay for a stream.

andydavis1234

February 22, 2018, 09:26:15 pm #60 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:31:08 pm by andydavis1234
Quote from: StevenGlen on February 22, 2018, 09:12:50 pm
Thanks for the update, I'm too cheap to pay for a stream.
Subi got their's up. It's free.
https://livestream.com/Subiaco/events/8062860

andydavis1234

February 22, 2018, 09:30:29 pm #61 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:36:31 pm by andydavis1234
Pea Ridge- 28 Subi- 23
Half
Coble has 10 & Mahoney has 8 for the Blackhawks
Janga has 6 for the Trojans

Sigmund Sauer

February 22, 2018, 09:39:43 pm #62 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:42:18 pm by Sigmund Sauer
This is NOT the same Subiaco that played in Pottsville last week. Not even close. They couldn't throw it in the ocean tonight!

andydavis1234

Pea Ridge- 39 Subi- 27
End 3
Blackhawks pulling away.

Sigmund Sauer

Just as Subi was making a run near the end their coach gets a tech, that was dumb. That's prob the nail in the coffin.

StevenGlen

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 22, 2018, 09:58:06 pm
Watching now, not over just yet
I am as well. It's over for sure! Subi was either completely off or completely on this 2nd half of the season. No in between. Sadly, tonight they were off.

beach bum

I imagine the Pea Ridge defense has played a part in Subiaco's troubles. You don't solely score that little off just a bad shooting night.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: beach bum on February 22, 2018, 10:08:10 pm
I imagine the Pea Ridge defense has played a part in Subiaco's troubles. You don't solely score that little off just a bad shooting night.
You'd think, but even Pea Ridge commentator said "They're having trouble hitting the rim when wide open." Referring to Subi attempting 3's.

beach bum

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 22, 2018, 10:10:41 pm
You'd think, but even Pea Ridge commentator said "They're having trouble hitting the rim when wide open." Referring to Subi attempting 3's.

Oh wow... Not good then.

prHOG13

Quote from: beach bum on February 20, 2018, 10:09:59 am
Well you had to pull a miracle to beat 8 seed Gentry followed with a loss to Shiloh when it mattered.... Subi will have a defense way better than anyone in the NWA blended league so I see Subi winning by 5-10. Just my analysis.
good stuff as always, bum

Good to see our boys bounce back, even without one of our best players. I've been waiting to see how we match up with Berryville all season.

BigGuy22

Subisweet got a little over confident with Subiaco. They're defense was incredibly intense and aggressive. Pea ridge just played with more heart because of this underdog role they were given. They thrive in the underdog spot. Im excited to see this berryville matchup tomorrow. Any info on berryville and their strengths. Haven't seen them play yet this year!

BVCAT

Quote from: prHOG13 on February 22, 2018, 11:30:56 pm
good stuff as always, bum

Good to see our boys bounce back, even without one of our best players. I've been waiting to see how we match up with Berryville all season.

Pretty sure Holtgrewe played more than limited minutes and did start.

beach bum

Berryville vs Pea Ridge tonight will be a dandy....

beach bum

So far the 1's and 3's advancing for the even split on boys side... Nothing shocking yet.

BigGuy22

Holtgrewe was a game time decision and everyone thought he wasn't gonna play. Either way he wasn't himself. He wasn't as aggressive as he usually is and he didn't get to the rim like he usually does. He isn't as mobile and quick as he was but hes getting better.

pridgehog

Quote from: BVCAT on February 23, 2018, 07:04:52 am
Pretty sure Holtgrewe played more than limited minutes and did start.
Yes, I don't think he even took a shot and wasn't able to do what he normally does. He played very limited minutes because he normally plays 26 or 27 minutes. Might have played 12 or 13 minutes last night.

Sigmund Sauer

My favorite part of the game was well into the 2nd half when one of the PR commentators realized he wasn't in "Booneville!" We could not stop laughing and at least he was honest!

StevenGlen

It was years ago when I actually did play by play for a living and was on the road with Arkansas Tech University that I forgot where I was.  It was in the middle of a 2 week road trip where I actually had to be in different towns in the same day for a ladies' then men's broadcast.  Before going on the air I had to ask the SID for Tech at the time, "Hey Larry, where are we???"  True story.

Gray lizard

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 23, 2018, 10:55:11 am
It was years ago when I actually did play by play for a living and was on the road with Arkansas Tech University that I forgot where I was.  It was in the middle of a 2 week road trip where I actually had to be in different towns in the same day for a ladies' then men's broadcast.  Before going on the air I had to ask the SID for Tech at the time, "Hey Larry, where are we???"  True story.

Well you asked. Got to give you credit for that. When I saw the other post I thought Steven Glen would never do that. I was right.

Sigmund Sauer

40-20 Pottsville has this one in hand over Booneville with 4 min remaining.

Sigmund Sauer

FINAL Boys
Pottsville 52
Booneville 30

x14113

Sigmund Sauer

February 23, 2018, 09:57:54 pm #83 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:59:56 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: x14113 on February 23, 2018, 09:50:43 pm
Girls:
Gravette 67
Ozark 45
Wow, dominated. That surprises me. The regular season schedule/record was no barometer for Ozark compared to the rest of the 4A at all.

prHOG13

Pea Ridge falls 58-55 to Berryville. Took a one point lead with a minute left and gave Berryville 3 offensive rebounds in a row and couldn't finish it. Great job to battle back multiple times after Berryville answered every run we had. That game was fun, but playing on Berryville's floor gave the home team a little bit more confidence.

We need to respond to get that 3 seed tomorrow.

beach bum

Quote from: prHOG13 on February 23, 2018, 10:00:30 pm
Pea Ridge falls 58-55 to Berryville. Took a one point lead with a minute left and gave Berryville 3 offensive rebounds in a row and couldn't finish it. Great job to battle back multiple times after Berryville answered every run we had. That game was fun, but playing on Berryville's floor gave the home team a little bit more confidence.

When Berryville is good its almost up there difficulty wise of playing at Huntsville on a Friday night in hoops. Not an easy place to play for sure.

BVCAT

Quote from: prHOG13 on February 23, 2018, 10:00:30 pm

Just an excellent game......Mahoney was impossible for Berryville to stop. He's a big body with good hands and feet.

Bulldog92

Who are the other two girls teams going to state besides Gravette and Ozark??

The Coach

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 23, 2018, 11:44:41 pm
Who are the other two girls teams going to state besides Gravette and Ozark??

Pottsville and Berryville

Bulldog92

BigGuy22

Who were the leading scorers in the pea ridge berryville matchup. Want to see who made the most difference for each team.

prHOG13

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 24, 2018, 10:18:17 am
Who were the leading scorers in the pea ridge berryville matchup. Want to see who made the most difference for each team.
Mahoney had 20 or 22 I believe. Not 100% sure on everyone else.

x14113

1-Adam-12

February 24, 2018, 07:16:31 pm #93 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:18:54 pm by 1-Adam-12
Boys:

Pea Ridge 42
Booneville 40

A very evenly matched game.  Booneville limited Mahoney but PR hit some clutch 3's and limited Bradley.

The stats were almost dead even.  Each team hit six 3's and six FT's.  Pea Ridge hit one more FG which turned out to be the difference.  Well played also with only 13 TO's between the teams.

Sigmund Sauer

Pottsville wins over Berryville to claim the regional championship. I forgot the exact score but it was never even close.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas