• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison's Rico Rainey accepts scholarship from SAU

Started by RisonRacingFan, May 30, 2008, 08:21:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RisonRacingFan

Rico Rainey the 6′2″ 175 lb Senior Athlete from Rison has received a scholarship to play collegiate football at Southern Arkansas University. Rainey posted a 4.6 forty yard dash at the 2007 FCA Combine. He will play Line Backer for the Muleriders.

When asked about this opportunity, Rico stated "I'm really excited to be able to go down to SAU and play football in college. I hope to be able to work hard, and make some big plays."

Rison Head Coach Clay Totty stated "Rico really has alot of untapped potential. He has only played football for 3 years, and has always continued to develop for us. He played multiple sports, so he was never really able to develop to his full potential in football during his High School career. That is why I think he he will be beneficial to a school in college."

Rico started his senior season off strong, then faced injuries early in the season. When asked about Rico playing through injuries, Totty stated "You have to admire him for playing through injuries most of his senior year. He had a little stretch where he was injured, and he really started coming back around during the Little Rock Episcopal game where he had a big run for a Touch Down and a interception with a big return. He aggravated his knee against Bauxite, but turned around the next week against Lake Village and had another big Interception which he returned for a Touch Down. He just always kept on pushing."

In his 3 years as a Rison Wildcat, Rico played with alot of heart and determination, and it looks to have payed off for him as he will now play at the next level.

Rico is a great kid with a good head on his shoulders, and ********.Com wishes him the best of luck in his collegiate career.

http://www.********.com/cgi/wp/?p=168

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas