• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

United 93

Started by CatsRule, April 30, 2006, 12:21:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CatsRule

Go see United 93.  This weekend if possible, because 10% of the box office totals goes towards building a memorial for those who died courageously. 

I'm not one for hyperbole, exaggeration, etc.  I usually get annoyed by people going overboard in their explanation of things.  That being said, United 93 is a must see.  I wouldn't say it is better than Schindler's List, just because the level of tragedy is not of the same magnitude, but this movie is comparable.  You can put it in a class with Schindler's List, whereas before there was nothing to compare it to.  The realism is there.  The gut wrenching, tear jerking, emotional stranglehold is there.  If you have a tendency to cry at movies, then you WILL cry at this movie.  I felt the tears well up in my eyes, and was on the very brink of letting it all out.  It was amazing.

GO SEE UNITED 93!!!

retiredlion05

Anyone else go see it?  I, unfortunately, couldn't make it this weekend but have every intention to go see it tonight.  Just wondering if it is as real as it's made out to be.  I'm glad the 9/11 movies have started, maybe this will relight the fire and unity we as a country had after this terrible day.

CatsRule

I'm not typically one for bumping my own threads, but I don't want people to overlook this movie.  It's very realistic and powerful.  I've never been so emotionally involved in a movie.  Go see it. 

RD™

If you are military, ex-military, or whatever, it will touch you closer than you think. I cried tonight, walking out of the theater a man shook my hand and said thank you.

I didnt understand what for until I realized I had a Air Force T-shirt on.

This movie reignites the fire that burns deep inside me, for the reasons why I am in the military.

This movie is not about acting, its not about production, best score, or whatever, it's about capturing the moment, the one single moment when a few brave Americans basically did what no one else could ever say they would do.

I honor those on United Flight 93 as the Ultimate Hero...there will never be any one else like them again.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas