• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NBC's The Office

Started by PopTart Man, April 06, 2006, 11:51:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PopTart Man

Does anyone else besides me think this show is frikin hillarious?

heathwaldrop

You definitely have to fit a certain demographic to like it. Despite the initial critical acclaim, it flopped big-time on its first release and was put on hiatus. Came back after Steve Carrell's popularity over "The 40-Year-Old Virgin."

I'm pretty sure that the same people who like "The Office" also like "The Colbert Report" which is, in my opinion, the funniest and most clever show on TV.

PopTart Man

Ooh, you just pegged me dead on. creepy.

GeorgeWBush

This is the funniest show on television.  It is pure brilliance.

Texarkana_Piggie

ok...here we go again.  maybe cause i don't work in an office atmosphere...i have tried and tried and tried to watch that show and i just do not find it funny.  the one guy with the glasses is creepy.  the boss is an idiot.  i just don't get it.

heathwaldrop

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on April 11, 2006, 10:35:16 pm
ok...here we go again. maybe cause i don't work in an office atmosphere...i have tried and tried and tried to watch that show and i just do not find it funny. the one guy with the glasses is creepy. the boss is an idiot. i just don't get it.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it's very informed humor. You kind of have to be "plugged in" to "get" it. If you liked "The Blue-Collar Comedy Tour," you will NOT like "The Office."

The star used to be a correspondent on "The Daily Show" and the style of comedy is similar.

CatsRule

I want to watch this show so I can see what it's like.  It sounds like it would be one that I would enjoy.  Unfortunately, my schedule is such that I'm never home when it is on.  ....one of these days. 

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: heathwaldrop on April 12, 2006, 12:03:44 am
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on April 11, 2006, 10:35:16 pm
ok...here we go again. maybe cause i don't work in an office atmosphere...i have tried and tried and tried to watch that show and i just do not find it funny. the one guy with the glasses is creepy. the boss is an idiot. i just don't get it.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it's very informed humor. You kind of have to be "plugged in" to "get" it. If you liked "The Blue-Collar Comedy Tour," you will NOT like "The Office."

The star used to be a correspondent on "The Daily Show" and the style of comedy is similar.

that's what i mean.....i teach school, so i don't work in the world of cubicles and idiot bosses.  i remember steve carrell from the daily show.  when i have watched it, i like it.  as far as blue collar...parts are funny, parts are not.  a lot of it is too much of the same thing. 

PopTart Man

The thing that I really like about this show is the fact that you either catch the joke, or you don't. And the uncomfortable pauses are great.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas