• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Something Kinda Funny Happened Today...

Started by -Painted Fan-, March 08, 2006, 02:11:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

I was in the video store and this idiot was ranting about "Brokeback Mountain".  "They need to kill all the happy!", the moron says, as he's going up to the counter.  I happened to notice the movies he's renting.  "Well, maybe they'll kill one of them in that movie", I said, pointing to "Jarhead" he's holding.  "Huh?  What are you talking about?"  he asked.  I told him that Jake Gyllenhaal, who's in "Jarhead", is one of the "happy" he's spouting off about from "Brokeback Mountain".  He just gave me a real weird look and put "Jarhead" back on the shelf.
   You know, I had to quit reading the thread on BM (I think it's up to like 8 pages now) because some of the rantings on there remind me of this guy from the video store.  Now, I am a Christian, but some of the posts on this subject are down right embarrassing.  I thought being a Christian meant that we should love our neighbor.  Seems to me that to some it only applies if your neighbor is "straight, white, Anglo-Saxon, protestant, that loves Nascar".  I think we should all stop and take a long look at our selves in a mirror before we condemn anyone else to heckfire.  Ask "How many sins have I committed today?  Let's see, have I lusted (even if it's only for a split second) after someone at work, school, or at McDonald's as I'm getting my sausage Mcgriddle?  Did I think (or say) a bad word when someone cut me off in traffic, laid on my horn, or let the finger fly!  And while we're on the subject of movies, how about watching a movie we know we should not be viewing?
   Now I'm not gay, but I do have friends and co-workers who are.  I also have friends and family members who are black, Oriental, Hispanic, mentally and physically challenged.  Maybe we should take a walk in their shoes next time before passing judgement.
   I'm stepping off the soap box now.

amehr36

Good post....i havent and dont really down anyone other than the homosexuals, but maybe i should realize we all have things we struggle with.

Prodigy

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on March 08, 2006, 02:11:46 pm
I was in the video store and this idiot was ranting about "Brokeback Mountain". "They need to kill all the happy!", the moron says, as he's going up to the counter. I happened to notice the movies he's renting. "Well, maybe they'll kill one of them in that movie", I said, pointing to "Jarhead" he's holding. "Huh? What are you talking about?" he asked. I told him that Jake Gyllenhaal, who's in "Jarhead", is one of the "happy" he's spouting off about from "Brokeback Mountain". He just gave me a real weird look and put "Jarhead" back on the shelf.
You know, I had to quit reading the thread on BM (I think it's up to like 8 pages now) because some of the rantings on there remind me of this guy from the video store. Now, I am a Christian, but some of the posts on this subject are down right embarrassing. I thought being a Christian meant that we should love our neighbor. Seems to me that to some it only applies if your neighbor is "straight, white, Anglo-Saxon, protestant, that loves Nascar". I think we should all stop and take a long look at our selves in a mirror before we condemn anyone else to heckfire. Ask "How many sins have I committed today? Let's see, have I lusted (even if it's only for a split second) after someone at work, school, or at McDonald's as I'm getting my sausage Mcgriddle? Did I think (or say) a bad word when someone cut me off in traffic, laid on my horn, or let the finger fly! And while we're on the subject of movies, how about watching a movie we know we should not be viewing?
Now I'm not gay, but I do have friends and co-workers who are. I also have friends and family members who are black, Oriental, Hispanic, mentally and physically challenged. Maybe we should take a walk in their shoes next time before passing judgement.
Preach on Bro!!! Excellent point!!!

HA_Fan

I also have friends and family members who are black, Oriental, Hispanic, mentally and physically challenged.

This is proof that Hollywood's mission is being accomplished.  Being a part of any of those groups isn't inherently sinful.  Homosexuality isn't a nationality or an ethnic group or part of a physical/mental handicap.  It is a behavior.  Coincidentally, the behavior of the guy in the video store is not right either. 

The fact that there are Christians out there that say ridiculous things like that doesn't make homosexuality O.K.  The fact that we know people who are nice, friendly and gay doesn't make homosexuality O.K. either.  Christians can stand firm with scripture on a sin issue without being jerks about it.  We are called on to love people.  If we really love them, we will not ignore something that God is clear on.  Of course, we also will not refer to them as "happy" and wish them physical harm.

athletic supporter

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on March 09, 2006, 11:04:20 am
I also have friends and family members who are black, Oriental, Hispanic, mentally and physically challenged.

This is proof that Hollywood's mission is being accomplished.  Being a part of any of those groups isn't inherently sinful.  Homosexuality isn't a nationality or an ethnic group or part of a physical/mental handicap.  It is a behavior.  Coincidentally, the behavior of the guy in the video store is not right either. 

The fact that there are Christians out there that say ridiculous things like that doesn't make homosexuality O.K.  The fact that we know people who are nice, friendly and gay doesn't make homosexuality O.K. either.  Christians can stand firm with scripture on a sin issue without being jerks about it.  We are called on to love people.  If we really love them, we will not ignore something that God is clear on.  Of course, we also will not refer to them as "happy" and wish them physical harm.

Great Post!

Love the sinner, hate the sin!

Chief_Osceola™

And HA_Fan wins yet another topic.  Clap for you and Painted Fan.

Juice-Man

I'm glad someone brought intolerance to the table.  I in no way condone homosexuality but some of my good friends are gay.  I haven't even read the Brokeback thread and nor do I wish to because I know all these guys are just gonna be gay bashing.  Only God can judge someone.

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: nolefan_11 on March 09, 2006, 04:49:45 pm
And HA_Fan wins yet another topic. Clap for you and Painted Fan.
Gee, I didn't know we had a contest to see who "wins" a topic.  My point in bringing up ethnic groups is that they have all been discriminated against, just as some of us "Christians" are discriminating against homosexuals.  There are some Christian groups that are protesting the Christian film "The End Of The Spear" because the leading actor, Chad Allen, is homosexual.  Chad grew up on television, playing on "Punky Brewster", "Our House", and "My Two Dads", before landing on "Dr. Quinn:Medicine Woman".
   Let me run this by you.  If a homosexual couple (for the sake of argument- 2 men.  If it were 2 women, you might feel differently) moved next door to you, how would you feel?  Would you be "neighborly"?  Now, what if a Middle Eastern family moved next door?  Would you let your kids play out side?  Would you have the FBI on speed-dial?
   If you were trying to reach someone for Christ, would it be better to walk up to them and tell them they'd better "turn or burn"?  Or do you think it would be better to be a friend; let your life and actions speak for you.  Sometimes it's not how you act, but react.

HA_Fan

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on March 12, 2006, 03:45:42 pm
Quote from: nolefan_11 on March 09, 2006, 04:49:45 pm
And HA_Fan wins yet another topic. Clap for you and Painted Fan.
Gee, I didn't know we had a contest to see who "wins" a topic. My point in bringing up ethnic groups is that they have all been discriminated against, just as some of us "Christians" are discriminating against homosexuals. There are some Christian groups that are protesting the Christian film "The End Of The Spear" because the leading actor, Chad Allen, is homosexual. Chad grew up on television, playing on "Punky Brewster", "Our House", and "My Two Dads", before landing on "Dr. Quinn:Medicine Woman".
Let me run this by you. If a homosexual couple (for the sake of argument- 2 men. If it were 2 women, you might feel differently) moved next door to you, how would you feel? Would you be "neighborly"? Now, what if a Middle Eastern family moved next door? Would you let your kids play out side? Would you have the FBI on speed-dial?
If you were trying to reach someone for Christ, would it be better to walk up to them and tell them they'd better "turn or burn"? Or do you think it would be better to be a friend; let your life and actions speak for you. Sometimes it's not how you act, but react.

Amen.

amehr36

The house my parents bought was bought from happy...it was kinda weird when we found that their bedroom had a gigantic mirror in it....

Chief_Osceola™

QuoteGee, I didn't know we had a contest to see who "wins" a topic.

Don't think too much about it....it's just a generic saying to use when someone makes a good post during the course of a thread.

junkyard dog

Let me run this by you. If a homosexual couple (for the sake of argument- 2 men. If it were 2 women, you might feel differently) moved next door to you, how would you feel? Would you be "neighborly"? Now, what if a Middle Eastern family moved next door? Would you let your kids play out side? Would you have the FBI on speed-dial?
If you were trying to reach someone for Christ, would it be better to walk up to them and tell them they'd better "turn or burn"? Or do you think it would be better to be a friend; let your life and actions speak for you. Sometimes it's not how you act, but react.

Funny you should say that.  My wife and I did live by 2 guys for 8 years.  Socialized with them, been in each others homes, went out together.  They were two good people.  Even now, I would not hesitate letting them keep my 2 children.  They were good friends.  The only difference was their sexual preference.  They are still together today and its been 27 years for them.  How many of you hetros can say that?  I by no means codone it, but who am I to judge them?

amehr36

I wouldnt let my children be with them for the simple reason i wouldnt want my kids seeing it and possibly thinking it was ok.

heathwaldrop

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on March 09, 2006, 11:04:20 am
This is proof that Hollywood's mission is being accomplished. 

You listen to too much talk radio.

You do realize that "Brokeback" was a story before it was a movie, right? Was publishing the story part of the vast Left-Wing conspiracy among publishing companies to "promote a homosexual agenda"?

It is a MOVIE.

Being a part of any of those groups isn't inherently sinful.  Homosexuality isn't a nationality or an ethnic group or part of a physical/mental handicap.  It is a behavior.

So is alcoholism, spousal abuse, swindling, divorce, cursing, ignorning the emotional needs of your children, you name it.

It's funny how the Radical Right never gets so up in arms about any of those things. It takes either abortion or gay men to make Christians start running their motors, and that's the reason why much of the progressive world can't take us too seriously.

The fact that there are Christians out there that say ridiculous things like that doesn't make homosexuality O.K.  The fact that we know people who are nice, friendly and gay doesn't make homosexuality O.K. either. 

The rightness or wrongness of homosexuality isn't the issue to me. It's not my position to judge that.

One of the continuing messages of the Bible, particularly of Jesus' teachings, is to mind your own house; don't worry about the speck in your brother's eye...worry about the plank in your own. If you disagree with homosexuality then don't have homosexual sex. If you disagree with the "message" in the movie, then don't go watch it.

I see no point in going out on the street corners and railing against this sort of thing. All that does is hack people off and create more resolve among those who see no problem with it.

And I absolutely adore the argument about "loving the sinner, hating the sin." That's so full of holes that you could pour water through it. It's also not biblical.

Christians will be taken more seriously by the world when we are more concerned about our own sins than what we perceive as somebody else's.

DC*B

If you were trying to reach someone for Christ, would it be better to walk up to them and tell them they'd better "turn or burn"?

Reminds me of a skit by The Skit Guys about witnessing. . .It's funny. 

Stevie:  Excuse me sir, do you have a moment for me to ask you a pertinent question? 

Guy:  All Right, sure, i have a few seconds. 

Stevie:  Sir or Ma'am, if you died tonight and we're standing before the Lord, and He asked you, "Why should I let you in Heaven?" What would you say to him?

Guy:  I'd Say that-

Stevie:  That's what I thought you'd say, SINNER!  Listen Up MIster, you better turn or burn!  You better get right or get left!  You better get Sanctified or Chicken Fried! You better get glorified or french fried!  Do you hear what I'm saying?  You better get in the know or to heck you go.  You better get with the Lord or drive a ford. (My personal favorite)

Guy:  Wait, did you just say 'get with the lord or drive a ford?'

Stevie:  Don't stop me now, i'm on a roll.   Listen up, can you hear those cries of the before gone on before you, (high pitched)"help us, help us, we're burning!"  Do you hear them?  Do you hear their skin sizzling like bacon?  (he makes a weird sizzling noise.)  And they're crying out, "Oh help us!" What's your name?

Guy:  Charles.

Stevie:  Charles, They're going "Oh charles!  We don't want you in charge of our lives!  Help us!" 
SINNER! Do you know you're going to heck!  What do you have to say for yourself, SINNER!

Guy:  Well, if you would have let me answer before you said all that stuff, i would have told i'm a believer.  And correct me if I'm wrong, don't we go to the same church?  And you guys, I don't think this is a very good way to witness. 

Juice-Man

athletic supporter

Quote from: †Not Of This World† on March 16, 2006, 08:20:20 am
If you were trying to reach someone for Christ, would it be better to walk up to them and tell them they'd better "turn or burn"?

Reminds me of a skit by The Skit Guys about witnessing. . .It's funny. 

Stevie:  Excuse me sir, do you have a moment for me to ask you a pertinent question? 

Guy:  All Right, sure, i have a few seconds. 

Stevie:  Sir or Ma'am, if you died tonight and we're standing before the Lord, and He asked you, "Why should I let you in Heaven?" What would you say to him?

Guy:  I'd Say that-

Stevie:  That's what I thought you'd say, SINNER!  Listen Up MIster, you better turn or burn!  You better get right or get left!  You better get Sanctified or Chicken Fried! You better get glorified or french fried!  Do you hear what I'm saying?  You better get in the know or to heck you go.  You better get with the Lord or drive a ford. (My personal favorite)

Guy:  Wait, did you just say 'get with the lord or drive a ford?'

Stevie:  Don't stop me now, i'm on a roll.   Listen up, can you hear those cries of the before gone on before you, (high pitched)"help us, help us, we're burning!"  Do you hear them?  Do you hear their skin sizzling like bacon?  (he makes a weird sizzling noise.)  And they're crying out, "Oh help us!" What's your name?

Guy:  Charles.

Stevie:  Charles, They're going "Oh charles!  We don't want you in charge of our lives!  Help us!" 
SINNER! Do you know you're going to heck!  What do you have to say for yourself, SINNER!

Guy:  Well, if you would have let me answer before you said all that stuff, i would have told i'm a believer.  And correct me if I'm wrong, don't we go to the same church?  And you guys, I don't think this is a very good way to witness. 

I've got that DVD

Guetz

March 21, 2006, 03:35:52 am #17 Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 10:38:05 am by Guetz
Quote from: heathwaldrop on March 15, 2006, 03:15:36 pm
I see no point in going out on the street corners and railing against this sort of thing. All that does is hack people off and create more resolve among those who see no problem with it.

Conversely, I see no point in going out in the streets to have a gay pride parade.  Homosexuality is a chosen behavior, a sexual behavior, not a skin color, gender or nation of origin.  We don't have straight pride parades or nose pickers parades or obsessive/compulsive parades, so why does "gay" have to be highlighted and headlined?  It's wearing it on their sleeve (or hanging it from their back pocket, whatever).

I have no problem with individuals of legal age of whatever genders or persuasions having whatever consensual sex they want to have with each other as long as it is done in privacy between them and not flaunted for all to see, challenging us to condone or whining for us to "understand." 

And I certainly won't condone when someone wants to shove it in my face. 

It ain't fitt'n, it jess ain't fitt'n.

heathwaldrop

Quote from: Guetz on March 21, 2006, 03:35:52 am
I have no problem with individuals of legal age of whatever genders or persuasions having whatever consensual sex they want to have with each other as long as it is done in privacy between them and not flaunted for all to see, challenging us to condone, whining for us to "understand." And I won't when someone wants to shove it in my face.

How do you feel about interracial relationships?

Guetz

Quote from: heathwaldrop on March 21, 2006, 09:40:33 am
Quote from: Guetz on March 21, 2006, 03:35:52 am
I have no problem with individuals of legal age of whatever genders or persuasions having whatever consensual sex they want to have with each other as long as it is done in privacy between them and not flaunted for all to see, challenging us to condone, whining for us to "understand." And I won't when someone wants to shove it in my face.

How do you feel about interracial relationships?

Absolutely no problem with them

I do hope that those entering into them understand that there are going to be those bigoted members of society that are going to try to make their relationship difficult, adding a challenge that non-ethnically mixed relationships don't have to contend with. 

I have known some couples that dealt with it quite easily through the strength of their relationships and some in which this additional challenge was a deal breaker.

panther_pride

I was in the video store and this idiot was ranting about "Brokeback Mountain". "They need to kill all the happy!", the moron says, as he's going up to the counter. I happened to notice the movies he's renting. "Well, maybe they'll kill one of them in that movie", I said, pointing to "Jarhead" he's holding. "Huh? What are you talking about?" he asked. I told him that Jake Gyllenhaal, who's in "Jarhead", is one of the "happy" he's spouting off about from "Brokeback Mountain". He just gave me a real weird look and put "Jarhead" back on the shelf.
You know, I had to quit reading the thread on BM (I think it's up to like 8 pages now) because some of the rantings on there remind me of this guy from the video store. Now, I am a Christian, but some of the posts on this subject are down right embarrassing. I thought being a Christian meant that we should love our neighbor. Seems to me that to some it only applies if your neighbor is "straight, white, Anglo-Saxon, protestant, that loves Nascar". I think we should all stop and take a long look at our selves in a mirror before we condemn anyone else to heckfire. Ask "How many sins have I committed today? Let's see, have I lusted (even if it's only for a split second) after someone at work, school, or at McDonald's as I'm getting my sausage Mcgriddle? Did I think (or say) a bad word when someone cut me off in traffic, laid on my horn, or let the finger fly! And while we're on the subject of movies, how about watching a movie we know we should not be viewing?
Now I'm not gay, but I do have friends and co-workers who are. I also have friends and family members who are black, Oriental, Hispanic, mentally and physically challenged. Maybe we should take a walk in their shoes next time before passing judgement.
I am a Christain also, but if you would read Romans 1 you will see that it basically says  happy folks deserve to die.

panther_pride

Also, in 1st Corinthians 6: 9-12 it states that homosexuals, prostitutes, etc. will not go to Heaven.

Guetz

March 22, 2006, 05:53:37 am #22 Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 06:00:32 am by Guetz
Quote from: pf56 on March 21, 2006, 11:17:14 pm
Also, in 1st Corinthians 6: 9-12 it states that homosexuals, prostitutes, etc. will not go to Heaven.

That's a problem between them and God. 

I don't see that as a problem in which I or society has an involvement. 

IMO, the Constitution should not be modified relative to homosexuals; common law statutes should be adequate, applicable and recognized for committed couples of longstanding regardless of their sexual persuasion and; "gayness" should be removed from the cultural agenda as something needing emphasized. 

I truly think that this is one of those cases in which if something is "legalized" it will drop back into obscurity as an aberration of human nature.  Yes, it won't be in the closet, but it also won't be put on a pedestal as something different and special as it is today.  It will become de-emphasized which is exactly what needs to happen.  Attempting to legislate (or amend) against it will only serve to increase the emphasis on homosexuality, highlighting it for our youth, giving it the allure of the semi-forbidden.

And at the end of their lives those that choose homosexuality can take their choice up with God.  HE is the only one that can successfully and eternally legislate morality and those that follow His way will make the right choices.  Our efforts to legislate morality fall short and are rife with unenforceability and inequalities in application.  If we were a fascist state, we could probably succeed, but as a state valuing individual liberties, when we seek to legislate morality we become societally self-conflicted and suffer the results of cultural hypocrisy.

Chief_Osceola™

*considers move to the Vatican*

Christian theocracy FTW!

Seriously, I have but one question (not necessarily regarding this topic):  Where does one's civil liberties infringe on another's?  Where should the line be drawn?  OK, that was two questions, but who's counting....and yes, this could very well open up a new can of worms, but....oh well.

Juice-Man

Quote from: Guetz on March 22, 2006, 05:53:37 am

IMO, the Constitution should not be modified relative to homosexuals; common law statutes should be adequate, applicable and recognized for committed couples of longstanding regardless of their sexual persuasion and; "gayness" should be removed from the cultural agenda as something needing emphasized. 

I truly think that this is one of those cases in which if something is "legalized" it will drop back into obscurity as an aberration of human nature.  Yes, it won't be in the closet, but it also won't be put on a pedestal as something different and special as it is today.  It will become de-emphasized which is exactly what needs to happen.  Attempting to legislate (or amend) against it will only serve to increase the emphasis on homosexuality, highlighting it for our youth, giving it the allure of the semi-forbidden.

And at the end of their lives those that choose homosexuality can take their choice up with God.  HE is the only one that can successfully and eternally legislate morality and those that follow His way will make the right choices.  Our efforts to legislate morality fall short and are rife with unenforceability and inequalities in application.  If we were a fascist state, we could probably succeed, but as a state valuing individual liberties, when we seek to legislate morality we become societally self-conflicted and suffer the results of cultural hypocrisy.
I'm actually going to agree with you on this one.

On the interracial relationships topic, it is hard to have one.  I was dating a black girl and every public place we went I was hounded by black guys just like she was hounded by white girls.  But it is OK for a black guy to date a white girl and not a white guy date a black girl  ???  I am dating a filipina now.  Asian guys spout their mumbo jumbo every once in a while.  But OH WELL!!!

Guetz

March 22, 2006, 11:44:53 am #25 Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 11:47:00 am by Guetz
Quote from: nolefan_11 on March 22, 2006, 09:46:23 am
Seriously, I have but one question (not necessarily regarding this topic):  Where does one's civil liberties infringe on another's?  Where should the line be drawn?  OK, that was two questions, but who's counting....and yes, this could very well open up a new can of worms, but....oh well.

Why don't you open that as a new thread, NoleFan_11?

My short answer to your question is:  When the exercise of my civil liberties begins to restrict or limit yours.  The line is drawn so that you could look at it as a glass half full (we each have an equal extent of civil liberties) or as the glass half empty (our respective civil liberties are equally restricted).

heathwaldrop

Quote from: pf56 on March 21, 2006, 11:07:49 pm
I am a Christain also, but if you would read Romans 1 you will see that it basically says  happy folks deserve to die.

Don't get me into that mess. Unless you really know the BASIS FOR the Bible (not just the words in it), you'd be in for some really shocking revelations.

panther_pride

Quote from: Guetz on March 22, 2006, 05:53:37 am

I truly think that this is one of those cases in which if something is "legalized" it will drop back into obscurity as an aberration of human nature. Yes, it won't be in the closet, but it also won't be put on a pedestal as something different and special as it is today. It will become de-emphasized which is exactly what needs to happen. Attempting to legislate (or amend) against it will only serve to increase the emphasis on homosexuality, highlighting it for our youth, giving it the allure of the semi-forbidden.

And at the end of their lives those that choose homosexuality can take their choice up with God. HE is the only one that can successfully and eternally legislate morality and those that follow His way will make the right choices. Our efforts to legislate morality fall short and are rife with unenforceability and inequalities in application. If we were a fascist state, we could probably succeed, but as a state valuing individual liberties, when we seek to legislate morality we become societally self-conflicted and suffer the results of cultural hypocrisy.
I agree that it's between them and God, not between them and me.

HA_Fan

Quote from: heathwaldrop on March 15, 2006, 03:15:36 pm
One of the continuing messages of the Bible, particularly of Jesus' teachings, is to mind your own house; don't worry about the speck in your brother's eye...worry about the plank in your own.

Actually, it says worry about your own plank FIRST, then help your brother with his speck.  If homosexuality is actually wrong (as the Bible says it is), then to allow our society to glorify it and make it more acceptable is doing everyone a disservice.

This is not about being right.  It's about genuinely loving our neighbors.

-Painted Fan-

I just heard Brokeback Mountain comes to DVD on April 4th.  I wonder how many will watch this "classic love story"?

Mike Bonds

March 24, 2006, 10:35:27 pm #30 Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 10:39:12 pm by Mike Bonds

Romans 1 does talk about homosexual behavior.  It also talks about people who are:  unrightheous, fornicators, wicked, jealous, malicious, envious, murderous, argumentative, deceitful, maligning others, gossips, backbiters, haters of God, spiteful, boastful, plan evil things, disobedient to parents, ignorant, break promises, without love, impossible to satisfy, and unmerciful.  Sounds like someone you know, I bet.  Furthermore, Paul says that they were worthy of death, not that they should be killed.  His point here is that all sins, great and small, separate us from God.  The discussion continues on into Romans 2, where Paul really comes to his main point in verse 10-11:  "But glory, honor, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile.  For there is no respect of persons with God."

And so we come to 1 Corinthians 9-12.  Once again, Paul describes different types of sinners:  fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, those who debase themselves, theives, the jealous, drunks, those who revile (hate) others, extortioners.  He says that they won't inherent the kingdom of God.  No surprise there.

The good news Paul has comes in verse 11:  "And such were some of you:  but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."  Paul says that although we may be guilty of these sins, God can and will still forgive us and love us.

God is love.  He can be a God of judgment, sure, but I believe--and I think the Bible makes clear--that he is slow to judge.  He desires first and foremost to be in a loving relationship with us, not sit in judgment of us.  To all those who believe that God is primarily a God of wrath and judgment, I propose they read Revelations 21:4:

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain:  for the former things are passed away."

Now that's good news for everyone.

panther_pride

Guetz

Mike, thank you for providing suitable context.  You would think from the shrillness of some that God had  divine forgetfulness when failing to make a commandment specifically calling out homosexuality.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas