• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GSC-Football Next Year?

Started by chosen_one, February 05, 2006, 04:52:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chosen_one

We have seen the recruiting class, now based on who left and who is coming back, project who will have a chance for a GSC title. I think the first school that comes to mind is Valdosta. I will also throw Tech in the mix as well.

cardinal-qb-14

Based on last year and the credibility of each school, of course it will be Valdosta, North Alabama, Delta State, and Tech at the top.  Now I think it is too early to tell because you dont know if the teams will keep all the key players due to grades/attitudes/transfers.  But I agree with you in picking Valdosta, but I think will definitely be a contender here at Tech.

wawa111

chosen_one

hsu1

don't listen to him.........i'd be mad too if i was a uam fan

SouthpawSensation

Another team to watch out for will be Harding, if the Bisons can get a few breaks along the way.

eray

Quote from: atu_wboy04 on February 05, 2006, 06:56:45 pm
Based on last year and the credibility of each school, of course it will be Valdosta, North Alabama, Delta State, and Tech at the top. Now I think it is too early to tell because you dont know if the teams will keep all the key players due to grades/attitudes/transfers. But I agree with you in picking Valdosta, but I think will definitely be a contender here at Tech.

I don't think that Tech will be in the picture, since i believe they have to play North Alabama and Valdosta in 06 , Don't be surprised to see SAU in the mix.

tcockerham

I would put a coke on Tech being one of the top three teams.  Especially a coke that Tech will be ahead of SAU or Harding.  Just a friendly wager!

R. A.™

Might have to take you up on that

done

I believe you spelled the TECH part wrong....it should be FECH.  I love the underestimating of the Wonder Boys that is going on already.  They are used to it....but, if it makes you feel better about your team, go ahead and doubt TECH.  It really doesn't matter to them a bit.  An all-star TEAM ;D will beat a team of all-stars any day. 

Quote from: wawa111 on February 05, 2006, 09:33:14 pm
TUCK FECK!

tcockerham

OK R.A.  a coke that Tech ends up as one of the top three in the Gulf South.  I just looked at the recruits and I feel even better about their recruited class this year.  Looks like we filled a lot of holes and some of the guys are not even listed (i.e. Barthell).  Man August needs to get here!

cardinal-qb-14

SAU among the top??? HAHAHA....i believe uam has a better chance of getting a brand new superdome

SouthpawSensation

I don't think Tech will be in the top three either. The Wonder Boys will finish probably fourth.
Valdosta always reloads with D-I transfers from Florida. North Alabama appears to be strong again, and Delta State gets the luxury of being the only D-II school in Mississippi and will draw a ton load of talent from there.

GSC#1

Saying Tech beat SAU last season by 3 points and SAU turned the ball over 4 times and the freshmen QB was making his first start.  I wouldn't be suprised if SAU beat Tech next year.  The riders are bringing back 18 starters and had a good class as well. 

tcockerham

GSC #1.  I would put a coke on that one also.  Tech vs. SAU.  Tech should take this one.  I know you all think I must be a betting fool!  Ha.  Well two cokes is about my limit!  Of course, both the bets are from the heart NO real head knowledge or reason, I just support Tech!

cardinal-qb-14

Yeah and Harding beat Valdosta but that doesnt mean that Harding was the better team. The ending records proved that.  In the words of an old coach, "the sun has to shine on a dog's butt every once in a while". you had a first time starter and we had a qb who consistently threw to the other team. we were both in the same boat.  And we turned it over quite a lot too. sau played a good game and could have won. But they didnt. I think it will be a good game this year, but I dont see sau pulling it out, especially with it being in russellville. Its easy for sau to get up for a game like this. With tech doing good the past 2 seasons, the bottom feeders circle us on the calendars and try to knock us off to prove we arent as good as people think. We just have to stay consistent and keep you guys down there where you belong.

wawa111

COLE BARTHEL...GSC PLAYER OF THE YEAR...WRITE IT DOWN YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

tcockerham

Well according to another thread I've been reading TECH will not play SAU.  This is a bummer!  Tech picks up Texas College, UNA, and Valdosta in place of SAU, UAM, and somebody else??  I would rather play the Arkansas schools!

SouthpawSensation

The interesting part to see will be who takes over UCA's spot as Tech's permanent GSC opponent, if the GSC keeps things that way they have been, with the exception of 11 schools instead of 10. It would also be interesting to see if the GSC could pick up another football playing school to balance things out.

sportscaster

I think Harding has a great incoming class and watch out for them if the solve any problems at the QB spot because they have a very strong fleet of wide recievers including the two Adams brothers.

sportscaster

I am talking about the Adams brothers from Harding Academy, Heath is a Junior and Kurt is an incoming freshman. Both about 6ft6 and fast witjh great hands.

sportscaster

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas