• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Started by Texarkana_Piggie, November 20, 2005, 01:49:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dalejrfan

Quote from: Larry459 on January 16, 2006, 01:28:26 pm
If I were you I wouldn't even lay eyes on that book. I would rather read this.

Haven't read that one yet. I want to though.  

J.H.BearcatHasBeen

Harry Potter is stupid and that lady must have been high when she wrote them books.  Why don't you read something good like Bleachers or Friday Night Lights?  Eventhough I did like the Chronicles of Narnia:  the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. 

Prodigy

Chino

i will stick to my playboy issues thank very much

Blue Collar

Prodigy

YES STOP THERE!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chino

ok i will stop there i will stay with my comic books and just look at the pictures

CatsRule

I think the books have potential for turning younger misguided youth towards witchcraft, but I don' t think they were written with that intent.  A lot of people enjoy reading the books that wouldn't enjoy reading otherwise.  I actually give credit to the HP series for getting me interested in reading when I was younger.  I actually read other books, b/c of the interest generated from HP.  I'm a big fan of Dean Koontz novels.  I think with good parenting you can avoid harmful affects that reading HP might have.  Communicate.  Sit down with your children and explain to them that what they are reading is fantasy.  Let them know that it is ok to use their imaginations, but that it would unhealthy to take it too far.  Also, I think that the HP books have a lot of good messages in them. 

Cards19

January 18, 2006, 05:03:45 pm #59 Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 05:06:32 pm by Larry459
Catsrule, I disagree. Harry is terrible. There are better books than Harry Potter which is wasted trees.  

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: CatsRule on January 18, 2006, 12:47:53 am
I think the books have potential for turning younger misguided youth towards witchcraft, but I don' t think they were written with that intent. A lot of people enjoy reading the books that wouldn't enjoy reading otherwise. I actually give credit to the HP series for getting me interested in reading when I was younger. I actually read other books, b/c of the interest generated from HP. I'm a big fan of Dean Koontz novels. I think with good parenting you can avoid harmful affects that reading HP might have. Communicate. Sit down with your children and explain to them that what they are reading is fantasy. Let them know that it is ok to use their imaginations, but that it would unhealthy to take it too far. Also, I think that the HP books have a lot of good messages in them.
i agree catsrule.  i think the books are good.  they are suspenseful, funny, sad at times.  the last couple have had some scary parts.  they've gotten kid interested in reading that had not read in a long time.
for the people who think the harry potter books are evil...i also read frank peretti's work.  he has some really good stuff.  i loved the oath and the visitation.  i just got the new one, monster, but haven't read it yet.

Prodigy

Quote from: Larry459 on January 18, 2006, 05:03:45 pm
Catsrule, I disagree. Harry is terrible. There are better books than Harry Potter which is wasted trees.  
Thank you..................clap for u!!!

CatsRule

Do you care to give any reasons why you feel this way?  You can't expect me or anyone to change their mind based just on what you said. 

Cards19

January 21, 2006, 11:48:17 am #63 Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 11:50:02 am by Larry459
Quote from: CatsRule on January 19, 2006, 12:33:35 am

Do you care to give any reasons why you feel this way? You can't expect me or anyone to change their mind based just on what you said.
Here is your reason right here: Harry Potter has no meaning what so ever. It talks about how this crack headed kid who goes to the underworld and meets all these little kids who have mental disabilities and share their whichcraft talents on each other. Its plain stupid and I would not recommend it to any one. I rather read Hardy boys book than that made up stuff. That's my reason.

Prodigy

Quote from: Larry459 on January 21, 2006, 11:48:17 am

Do you care to give any reasons why you feel this way? You can't expect me or anyone to change their mind based just on what you said.
Here is your reason right here: Harry Potter has no meaning what so ever. It talks about how this crack headed kid who goes to the underworld and meets all these little kids who have mental disabilities and share their whichcraft talents on each other. Its plain stupid and I would not recommend it to any one. I rather read Hardy boys book than that made up stuff. That's my reason.
I totally agree!!! Harry Potter is so DUMB I don't recommend it to anyone either!!!

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Larry459 on January 21, 2006, 11:48:17 am

never read any of these books, have you?

CatsRule

No, he hasn't.  Even if you haven't read the books, but have watched the movie, you'd know that synopsis was way off. 

Cards19

January 21, 2006, 11:58:31 pm #67 Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 12:01:53 am by Larry459
Quote from: CatsRule on January 21, 2006, 08:55:44 pm
No, he hasn't. Even if you haven't read the books, but have watched the movie, you'd know that synopsis was way off.
Exactly I haven't seen it and not planning on it any time soon. I rather watch some stupid cartoon movie than watch that crap.

Prodigy

Quote from: Larry459 on January 21, 2006, 11:58:31 pm
No, he hasn't. Even if you haven't read the books, but have watched the movie, you'd know that synopsis was way off.
Exactly I haven't seen it and not planning on it any time soon. I rather watch some stupid cartoon movie than watch that crap.
Me too!!! I hate all that Abra Cadabra crap they do!!!

dalejrfan

Quote from: Prodigy on January 22, 2006, 12:28:18 am
Quote from: Larry459 on January 21, 2006, 11:58:31 pm
Me too!!! I hate all that Abra Cadabra crap they do!!!
Its pointless to me.  

CF_fan_#1

I didn't like HP at 1st, but I gave it a chance and I love it.  All you ppl who judge it and have never seen a movie or read a book have NO right to judge it.  You don't even know what it's about.  What are your reasons for not liking it?  Oh...I don't like the cover...ummm.  I've seen the movies and read the books.  It's wonderfully written and exciting.  All you ppl who say it's evil, I don't see ya'll protesting Kootz or those ppl.  There are books out there who tell you how to graphically murder somebody and ya'll jump on HP.  Ya'll have nothing better to do than throw out your uneducated opinion about something someone else likes.  I read the Chronicles of Narnia and I loved that as well, but HP has some of the same elements.

Blue Collar

Quote from: CF_fan_#1 on February 17, 2006, 03:26:40 pm
I didn't like HP at 1st, but I gave it a chance and I love it.
You must have a boring life if you like that. Is it true that the VERY LAST book/movie will be about Harry dying?

Mustang1434

There are too many of those books and they all have way too many pages. I will spend my time studying things that actually will benefit my education.

Short and Stout

Quote from: Blue Collar on March 21, 2006, 04:52:55 pm
Quote from: CF_fan_#1 on February 17, 2006, 03:26:40 pm
I didn't like HP at 1st, but I gave it a chance and I love it.
You must have a boring life if you like that. Is it true that the VERY LAST book/movie will be about Harry dying?

No one knows. She said he might die, but he might live too.

Ohemgee

Wow...just wow...seriously, I think I just lost five IQ points from reading this complete bashing.

For the people who have taken the thought that Harry Potter is evil and latched onto it, who are you to judge? Who are you to call Harry Potter fans stupid, crazy, etc? Is not God the ultimate judge? No one here has attempted to force their beliefs on you, and you shouldn't do that to them. It's a free country, and people can like what they choose. It's between them and God.

If you don't like the Harry Potter series, that's perfectly fine. However, there's no need for you to keep flooding this thread with multiple pointless posts stating the same things over and over. All that you need to post in one constructive[/i] post saying you're opinion and that's it, as opposed to several posts saying things like "Harry Potter is crap" or "people who like harry potter are stupid, and hp is the devil!"

I'm not saying that you can't not like Harry Potter, but it's just morally shameful for you to sit here and bash on something that others here really like. If you don't like it, give a good reason behind your thoughts. Don't just say it's stupid, evil, of-the-devil, etc. We're not preschoolers here.

Blue Collar

Quote from: Ohemgee on March 22, 2006, 02:24:50 pm
Wow...just wow...seriously, I think I just lost five IQ points from reading this complete bashing.

For the people who have taken the thought that Harry Potter is evil and latched onto it, who are you to judge? Who are you to call Harry Potter fans stupid, crazy, etc? Is not God the ultimate judge? No one here has attempted to force their beliefs on you, and you shouldn't do that to them. It's a free country, and people can like what they choose. It's between them and God.

If you don't like the Harry Potter series, that's perfectly fine. However, there's no need for you to keep flooding this thread with multiple pointless posts stating the same things over and over. All that you need to post in one constructive[/i] post saying you're opinion and that's it, as opposed to several posts saying things like "Harry Potter is crap" or "people who like harry potter are stupid, and hp is the devil!"

I'm not saying that you can't not like Harry Potter, but it's just morally shameful for you to sit here and bash on something that others here really like. If you don't like it, give a good reason behind your thoughts. Don't just say it's stupid, evil, of-the-devil, etc. We're not preschoolers here.

I had to use the magnifier to read that. I don't care what you say. All i am saying is that Harry Potter is mythical book that could lead into more sinful lifes.

Mustang1434

Quote from: Blue Collar on March 22, 2006, 06:46:24 pm
I had to use the magnifier to read that. I don't care what you say. All i am saying is that Harry Potter is mythical book that could lead into more sinful lifes.

The reason it was so small was beacause it wasn't worth using regular font on.

bballer22

Quote from: TylerDurden13 on November 26, 2005, 01:01:25 am
Good movie, but very choppy. Had no flow whatsoever. Instead of seeing 20 minutes at the Yule ball i would have rather seen the quidditch world cup, or all of the triwizards fight their dragons.

yea, that made me mad too, i mean, the yule ball was important and all, but i would way rather see more action, quittich is wat makes the movie unique... and the whole movie was based on the tasks, but they were only 5mins long, was like what in the world!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas