• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Started by Texarkana_Piggie, November 20, 2005, 01:49:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Texarkana_Piggie

November 20, 2005, 01:49:39 pm Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 01:51:21 pm by Texarkana_Piggie
saw this friday night.  very good movie.  dark, spooky, freaky, funny.  very good movie.  and call me mrs robinson, but the kid playing cedric diggory was gorgeous. 

Prodigy

Never seen a Harry Potter movie and never read a book from it. Dont think I ever will either!!!

ASU Rugby

appearantly there are a lot of people do watch it because it made over 100 million on its first weekend

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Charles22 on November 21, 2005, 11:31:19 am
Are you crazy?

no.  they are excellent books and excellent movies.  and i'm not a kid who is in love with daniel radcliffe.  i am a teacher who recognizes good books and the contribution j.k. rowling has made to getting kids interested in reading again.

mustang love

i like the movies better it lets you see what is happing  oh by the way Texarkana_pig  what grade and class do you teach

Charles22

November 22, 2005, 01:43:10 pm #6 Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 01:48:23 pm by Charles22
I just thought it was weird for someone to mention something about Harry Potter on a football website.

If you did that in the locker room over here you'd never hear the end of it.

cedric diggory was gorgeous?  ::)

mustang love

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Charles22 on November 22, 2005, 01:43:10 pm
I just thought it was weird for someone to mention something about Harry Potter on a football website.

cedric diggory was gorgeous? ::)

this is a MOVIE section of fearless friday.  that's why i mentioned it.  it was a movie i saw.  how is that different from any other movie mentioned on here?  and yes...the actor that played cedric was very good looking.  i knew the girls on here would appreciate that.  i won't be visiting any locker rooms anytime soon.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: strawberry gurl on November 22, 2005, 09:46:53 am
i like the movies better it lets you see what is happing oh by the way Texarkana_pig what grade and class do you teach
i teach kindergarten.

mustangballer20

im still thinkin' about whether or not im going to see Harry Potter.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: mustangballer20 on November 22, 2005, 10:45:04 pm
im still thinkin' about whether or not im going to see Harry Potter.
if you've seen any of the other three and liked them, go see it.  it is probably the best one so far.  much darker than the others, but with some funny moments.

Short and Stout

Not true some guys in our locker room are really interested in HP but I think that they left too much out of the movie.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Short and Stout on November 24, 2005, 10:25:58 pm

Not true some guys in our locker room are really interested in HP but I think that they left too much out of the movie.

i thought they left out some stuff too, but the movie was covering a book that was nearly 800 pages.  they had to leave some things out.  it was already 2 and a half hours.  if they'd have covered every little thing, we would have had another gone with the wind length epic on our hands.

Short and Stout

Yeah but they could have added a few more stuff.

big_papi71

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 22, 2005, 03:31:28 pm
Quote from: strawberry gurl on November 22, 2005, 09:46:53 am
i like the movies better it lets you see what is happing oh by the way Texarkana_pig what grade and class do you teach
i teach kindergarten.

ID SURE HATE TO BE IN YOUR CLASS......weird harry pothead lover

TylerDurden13

Good movie, but very choppy. Had no flow whatsoever. Instead of seeing 20 minutes at the Yule ball i would have rather seen the quidditch world cup, or all of the triwizards fight their dragons.

chevy lover

Isn't there one more movie after this one? When she done caring for her child

Short and Stout

There should be 3 more movies and only 1 more book.

chevy lover

Short and Stout

I think that they made Dumbledore to angry in the movie while in the books he is a very calm man. For instance after Harry's name comes out of the goblet he yells at Harry and then pretty much attacks him a few seconds later.

chevy lover

That's show biz.  How else do They think they are going to sell a movie without some type of negative feeling?

Short and Stout

Yeah but there was plenty of other negative feeling in the movie and Dumbledore is supposed to be someone the kids respect and I know that I wouldn't respect someone who practically attacked me.

chevy lover

I agree.  It is unfourtantely the way Hollywood deals with movies. 

mustang love

i have not had time to see it  but harry potter and the half blooded Prince will be the next move right.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: strawberry gurl on November 29, 2005, 09:44:01 am
i have not had time to see it but harry potter and the half blooded Prince will be the next move right.
yes.  they are already filming it and is set for release i think in late 06.  i havent' heard when the 7th book is coming out yet.

big_papi71

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 29, 2005, 10:20:36 am
i have not had time to see it but harry potter and the half blooded Prince will be the next move right.
yes. they are already filming it and is set for release i think in late 06. i havent' heard when the 7th book is coming out yet.
wow... you really need to get a life instead of facinating on how awesome you think harry pothead is

Short and Stout

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Half Blood Prince was the latest book out.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Short and Stout on November 29, 2005, 05:28:13 pm
that's right.  i got it backwards.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Half Blood Prince was the latest book out.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: big_papi71 on November 29, 2005, 05:15:58 pm

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 29, 2005, 10:20:36 am
yes. they are already filming it and is set for release i think in late 06. i havent' heard when the 7th book is coming out yet.
wow... you really need to get a life instead of facinating on how awesome you think harry pothead is
so if you hate harry potter so much and think it is stupid, why do you keep coming on this thread and making rude comments?  why not just ignore it? 

survivorofre

the movie was awsome. there were some things they left out. why did they not put winky and dobby in the movie? they are a very important part of the movie. i wish we could have seen the actual world cup go on.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: survivorofre on November 29, 2005, 09:39:25 pm
the movie was awsome. there were some things they left out. why did they not put winky and dobby in the movie? they are a very important part of the movie. i wish we could have seen the actual world cup go on.

my nephew said the same thing about the movie.

-Painted Fan-

I read this past Wednesday that the movie has grossed over 410 million dollars worldwide since opening- 201 in the US, and 209 overseas- in less than 2 weeks!

sportsguy120

i dont know about you but i think that the books are much better than the movies.i mean when i read the books im like hooked and i just dont want to put it down . when i watch the movies its great to see what you read in motion but they leave so much important stuff out of the movies im mean lets take the goblet of fire for instincts. they didnt even intruduce the charcter winky who i thought was one of the key parts to the book. and they just flew by the world cup . bt besides that it kinda slowed down and if you havent seen it i would recomend  it but i would  recomend you to read the books first.

colts_fastpitch05

I hate Harry Potter, i cant get "into" any of the books. I REALLY dont like the movies either.

CatsRule

Quote from: Short and Stout on November 27, 2005, 04:19:44 pm
I think that they made Dumbledore to angry in the movie while in the books he is a very calm man. For instance after Harry's name comes out of the goblet he yells at Harry and then pretty much attacks him a few seconds later.

I completely agree with this assessment.  I preferred Richard Harris as Dumbledore, but even he had too much of a feebleness for me (which may just be b/c Harris was getting old and ill). 

Dumbledore is a tough character.  I mean, he does seem like a calm person who always seems to know more than everyone else (which I think Harris captured better), but he's also the most powerful wizard of his age and carries a good bit of respect.  I just didn't care for the way Michael Gambon almost maulls Harry in this film after the Triwizard incident.  That's just not the nature of their relationship in the books.  Dumbledore has more insight and more trust in Harry than that.

survivorofre

i dont think that he was mad. he was just upset because the kid he has protected for awhile. Had been entered into an event that some have died from in the past.

J.H.BearcatHasBeen

magic is bad!  hollywood should have never made it.  it is retarded.  all of them people are crazy british people!

Prodigy

survivorofre

dude if you dont like it. then why the heck do you always post on these boards. if you dont like it then shut up. dont make a fool of yourself

J.H.BearcatHasBeen

i can post anywhere and anytime i want and if you dont like it then...

dalejrfan

I really don't like Harry Potter and especially the people who camp out Barnes and Noble or Booksamillion for a week. Its stupid. I think you can wait a day or 2 and go to Wal-Mart and get it cheaper. To Harry Potter is the Devil! >:(

Prodigy

Quote from: Outdoorsman#8 on January 15, 2006, 01:46:15 pm
I really don't like Harry Potter and especially the people who camp out Barnes and Noble or Booksamillion for a week. Its stupid. I think you can wait a day or 2 and go to Wal-Mart and get it cheaper. To Harry Potter is the Devil! >:(
TOTALLY AGREE!!!

Blue Collar

Quote from: Prodigy on January 15, 2006, 01:52:26 pm
TOTALLY AGREE!!!
Same here. I think he is a tool from the undertaker. I was never interested in those kinds of books. I will read a book if it involves Fishin or Hunting, American History stories or Any kind of sports or sport athletes.

Prodigy

Quote from: Blue Collar on January 15, 2006, 02:03:39 pm
Quote from: Prodigy on January 15, 2006, 01:52:26 pm
TOTALLY AGREE!!!
Same here. I think he is a tool from the undertaker. I was never interested in those kinds of books. I will read a book if it involves Fishin or Hunting, American History stories or Any kind of sports or sport athletes.
NOW THATS A GOOD MAN!!!

Chino

I'm goin to start reading the books before i go and watch the movies.

Blue Collar

Quote from: Live Each Day Like It Was Your Last on January 15, 2006, 11:19:38 pm
I'm goin to start reading the books before i go and watch the movies.
Why waste your time reading that garbage?

Cards19

January 16, 2006, 01:28:26 pm #49 Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 11:41:42 am by Larry459
If I were you I wouldn't even lay eyes on that book. I would rather read this.  

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas