• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorite Football Movie Poll...Makes it easier to see what the top one is!

Started by wawa111, October 25, 2005, 09:17:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What is you favorite football movie

Varsity Blues
14 (9.7%)
Waterboy
4 (2.8%)
FNL
18 (12.4%)
The Program
9 (6.2%)
Rudy
29 (20%)
Remember the Titans
38 (26.2%)
The Longest Yard(new&old)
10 (6.9%)
The Replacements
4 (2.8%)
Any Given Sunday
5 (3.4%)
Radio(not really fball but it counts)
2 (1.4%)
Little Giants
5 (3.4%)
Brians song
7 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Blue Collar

chilly gilly

Britt_06

What about the little giants. I think i've seen it over 100 times...at least! That movie was awesome!!!

form_tackle

Lot of good choices. If I'd have to say, I'd say Remember The Titans.  Varsity Blues is a classic though.

Chino

I so agree that guy trys to hard sometimes. But his right the bleachers is and ok book but were are talk about movies

Logchain20

1. Remember The Titans 2. Rudy (a close second) 3. Friday Night Lights (which was left off the poll) 4. Varsity Blues
5. The Program  That's my Top 5

wawa111

chilly gilly

wawa111

ptown47

Coach Gary Gaines: Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didnt let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasnt one more thing you could've done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart, with joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman - you're perfect(Friday Night Lights)...Best football movie ever...end of story

dannyj

i think remember the titans was the best one then the longest yard

Guetz

Quote from: JC PIMP on November 02, 2005, 12:23:44 am
what about north dallas 40?

North Dallas 40 would have had my vote if it had been listed.  It was excellent!  "Any Given Sunday," while cinematographically better, was done before in the form of "North Dallas 40."

-------------------------

Bleachers by Grisham would have made a better movie than Friday Night Lights.  Perhaps someone will make it in to a movie someday.

-------------------------

Friday Night Lights was a better book than movie.  The movie just didn't capture the essence of the book, it was poorly done when with better screenwriting and direction it could have been very good drama.

------------------------

Where was "Everybody's All American" in the poll?  Another one that would have had my vote!  Made in 1988 and starring Dennis Quaid, Jessica Lange, John Goodman and Timothy Hutton, its story is about a Louisiana football legend struggling to deal with life's complexities after his college career is over.  This was a great football movie too.

dannyj

Super Scrapper

While many of them are really good movies and are entertaining.  "Brian's Song" is REAL.

It is a true story about a REAL football player.  One of the greatest of all time, and his

best friend, their trials and eventual death.  How can this not be the #1 of all time?  This

is no Fairy Tale and has no fancy end zone dance crap.  It is simply the BEST.  SS

Go Scrappers

Guetz

"Brian's Song" was good!  Forgot about that one.  And, like you say SS, it was true.

Texarkana_Piggie

i loved everybody's all american.  great movie.  i also loved the book bleachers.  i read that last summer then i saw varsity blues for the first time a few weeks ago.  i saw shades of varsity blues in bleachers.  brian's song is a great movie too.  it's so heart breaking though, i sometimes don't really see it as a "football" movie.  it was just a great movie period.

dannyj

Guetz

Quote from: dannyj on April 14, 2006, 11:25:15 am
are they coming out with any more football movies

[sarcasm] No, its a shop worn subject in which there is no more interest.  They are also going to stop making baseball movies, sad movies about horses and little girls, comedies about odd pairings of seemingly opposite personality types, rags to riches movies, sequels to Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street and Hellraiser and any movies dealing with aliens, demonic possession and precocious kids in precarious positions or CGI cartoon movies about "oh so cute" little critters in crazy, contrived patch work plots.  All of those themes are just too worked over to ever garner a reasonable audience again.  So sorry, no more football movies.... ever.[/sarcasm]*

::)

*Sorry, couldn't help myself, it just slipped out of my fingers, through the keyboard and onto this thread.  :D

CatsRule

I feel like I'm following you around on the board right now.

I love sarcasm.  It gets me.  Therefore, I'm going to provide the above post with a bit of praise.

"...one of the funniest posts of the year." - raves CatsRule Times. 

Dat Chedda

"God made black for beautiful, God made boobie beautiful, black and strong, and when boobie knockin' fools out, boobie gon' knock 'em out wit black nikes on his feet"

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas