• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorite FOOTBALL movie LINES

Started by Rida4Life, September 13, 2005, 08:31:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rida4Life

The Replacements
"you see the football's kinda like a one man cold for Clifford Franklin, Clifford Franklin's the only one catchin' it, Clifford Franklin the only one comin down wit it!"

FNL
"Can you be perfect?" ....Coach Gaines

AHM™

"RUDY RUDY RUDY RUDY" the part where the crowd is chanting his name...almost brought tears to my eyes..

JvilleDevils

Remember The Titans- I run 6 plays, Split V, Its like Novacane just give it time it always works.

fandango

You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the [explitive deleted] difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life any more it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team gentlemen, and either, we heal as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now what are you gonna do?

-Any Given Sunday

ArrowsATC

Replacements-- Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever

-Painted Fan-

Waterboy- Gatorade... H2o..  Water sucks!  It really, really sucks!

jbell96

Coach Winters: "We're going to ring that bell, that championship bell!"
Lattimer: Ding #%$^$&%* Dong!"

The Program

Chris72941

The Longest Yard (2005)

Big Tony: [reading sign] Foot... ball... tree... outs. What the heck's a tree-out?
Brucie: It's try-out, you half a meatball.

mattp_68

Longest Yard

Tony:How do we join the team?
Caretaker:Show up at the tree-outs you big dumb b***h!

Earle Megget:Yall gotta runningback?
Cheeseburger Eddie:Gimme my dang burger back! Your bein a real McAsshole!

BDSAA

My boy ain't gonna be playing no foos ball!- The Waterboy

greenbean32

You can doo it, you can do it allll  niiggghhhttt  lllooonnnnggg!

Waterboy-Rob

chris_01

"I don't want your life"
-Jonothan Moxon, Varsity Blues
"You thinkin' bout' callin' some dinosaurs?"
"I reckon' I might give em' a (burp) holler"
-An excerpt from Jonothan Moxon and Billy Bob, Varsity Blues

future_coach®

"You better watch it, Dr. Death. I'm pretty d*mn fast for a Caucasian."
Robin Williams in "The Best of Times"

future_coach®

"You're 5 foot nothin', 100 and nothin' and you have nearly a speck of athletic ability. And you hung in there with the best college football team in the land for two years. And you're gonna walk outta here with a degree from the University of Notre Dame. In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself."
Rudy

mattp_68

"CAN-YOU-TOUCH-THAT!"
                                        -Tim McGraw
                                      Friday Night Lights

Chief_Osceola™

"Fire that ****ing pigskin"

-Varsity Blues

retiredlion05

"I'm gonna miss the lights." - Friday Night Lights

I didn't believe it till it hit me!

JvilleDevils

You cant hold on to the lamp....Cant hold on to the ball- Friday Night Lights

Prairie_Ar

ALL RIIIGHT...HIT SQUAD IN THE HOUSE!!!!   starting defense from "the program"

Chino

I don't know what to say really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives all comes down to today. Either we heal as a team or we are going to crumble. inch by inch play by play till we're finished. We are in heck right now, gentlemen believe me and we can stay here and get the sh** kicked out of us or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of heck. One inch, at a time. Now I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around and I see these young faces and I think I mean I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make. I uh....I hacked away all my money believe it or not. I chased off anyone who has ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know when you get old in life things get taken from you. That's, that's part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out that life is just a game of inches. So is football. Because in either game life or football the margin for error is so small. I mean one half step too late or to early you don't quite make it. One half second too slow or too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in ever break of the game every minute, every second. On this team, we fight for that inch On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch. Cause we know when we add up all those inches that's going to make the f***ing difference between WINNING and LOSING between LIVING and DYING. I'll tell you this in any fight it is the guy who is willing to die who is going to win that inch. And I know if I am going to have any life anymore it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch because that is what LIVING is. The six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You gotta look at the guy next to you. Look into his eyes. Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. You are going to see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it, you are gonna do the same thing for him. That's a team, gentlemen and either we heal now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys. That's all it is. Now, whattaya gonna do?

Any Given Sunday-AL Pacino

shiloh forever

September 30, 2005, 09:15:32 am #20 Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 06:36:21 pm by JJ Redick
Being perfect isnt about that scoreboard out there,its about being able to look your teammate in the eyes and he know that you gave it all you had.
-Friday Night Lights,Billy Bob Thorton

heavycat75

@#$% of a pass man!  Wish I'd Seen it.- Offensive lineman to Joe Kane in "The Program" ;D

Chief_Osceola™

Yet another one from 'The Program'

"...let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for some dinner"

- Joe Kane

BHSBearcat

"She looks like she just fell out of the I wanna suck your ---- tree and hit every branch on the way down"

"Its NIIIIICE"

Tweeder- Varsity Blues

"It's a 10! I still got wood!" Billy Bob- Varsity Blues

The Longest Yard---
"You're about as maniacal as a boxful of kittens" -Crewe
"Come on man that aint funny, I gotta get my rep up"- Caretaker
"Maybe we can have a manical pillow fight tonight, that will get it up"- Crewe

JD_Will

Any Given Sunday

Team doctor: "How's your balance?"

LT: "Wha chu mean like check balance? PHAT! Talkin' P-H-A-T baby. Come on doc, gimmie soma dat cortezone sh**."

jbell96

Quote from: BHSBearcat on October 02, 2005, 07:31:05 pm
"She looks like she just fell out of the I wanna suck your ---- tree and hit every branch on the way down"

"Its NIIIIICE"

Tweeder- Varsity Blues

As the board's self proclaimed Varsity Blues expert, I have to correct your last quote. Tweeder gave her a 9.5 and said the I still got wood part. Billy Bob gave her a 10.

GrnwdQb

"Just hold the ball Shane and i'll kick the bloody pee out of it"-Replacements

mattp_68

"Its NIIIIICE"

Tweeder- Varsity Blues

The Longest Yard---
And as i am the longest yard expert it is hey man that aint funny i gotta stab somebody or something to get my rep up

rhs_07

"I GOT YOUR BONNET BABY!"  Lattimer (The Program)

"You better get comfortable down there..." Julius Cambell (remember the titans)

"He's so fast he makes fast people look....not fast" little creepy backstabbing guy who kills Caretake (The Longest Yard)

bomber62

Quote from: Fandango on September 15, 2005, 07:40:17 am
You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the [explitive deleted] difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life any more it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team gentlemen, and either, we heal as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now what are you gonna do?

-Any Given Sunday

I listen to it before every game Peace with Inches

drpepper

" You teach me to football?"

" I teach you anything as long as you don't eat me."

The Longest Yard

Partagas

Quote from: ArrowsATC on September 15, 2005, 08:05:44 am
Replacements-- Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever

I was gonna say that
;D

ptown25

imdb.com and search for any football movie and you can find all kinds of quotes...FYI

truerattler07

Momma: Bobby, did they ever catch the gorilla who escaped from the zoo and punched you in the eye?

Bobby: no, Momma, the search continues.

hornet_135

Blue: Coach we need a water break.
Denzel: Water break? Water is for cowards, water makes you week, water is for washin blood off that uniform and you dont get blood on my uniform, boy you must be outside your mind. Now, we are going to do up downs until blue is no longer tired and thirsty.

--Remember the Titans

J.H.BearcatHasBeen

"Its NIIIIICE"

Tweeder- Varsity Blues

The Longest Yard---
we can sell it on paperview
"Super Star VS. Half A Star"

J.H.BearcatHasBeen

Cheeseburger Eddie:  "I got the fries that will cross yo' eyes, i got the shakes to make you quake, i got the burgers...I just got burgers man."

Maximus Decimus Meridius

November 10, 2005, 10:02:06 am #37 Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 10:13:25 am by Maximus Decimus Meridius
"Miss Davis,youn go prom wit me!"--Billy Bob,Varsity Blues
"You wanna see the new Tweeder inzone dance, aight here it goes...wanna know the name, yeah...the new Tweeder inzone dance!"--Tweeder/Mox,Varsity Blues
"Help me, help you..help me, help you!"--Jerry McGuire
"Show me the MONEY!"--Jerry McGuire

b-ball-fan_5

"What momma don't know won't hurt her"  -  waterboy

"You do have a rather nice rear" - Varsity Blues

8) ;) :) ;D

PATRIOTPLAYER54

I'm gonna run them over and I'm gonna smile while i do it.

boobie miles (friday night lights).

J.H.BearcatHasBeen

Brucy:  "Why can't I be quarterback, huh?"
Paul:  "Alright lets see what you got,"
Brucy:  "Hut, hut, hike...I just ain't popcorn it slipped."

big_papi71

Quote from: painted fan on September 15, 2005, 10:16:12 am
Waterboy- Gatorade... H2o.. Water sucks! It really, really sucks!

my same thoughts

Patriot_03

And from the BEST FOOTBALL MOVIE EVER

"Coach when the team gets down and the breaks are beatin' the boys, tell them to go out there and win one for the Gipper. I don't know where I'll be then but I'll know about it and I'll be happy."-George Gipp "The Gipper"

Knute Rockne-All American

IBM

You just got knocked the f@!$ out!! - Caretaker, The Longest Yard

Chief_Osceola™

^ I thought that was Smokey in 'Friday'.

jbbdredskin

joemama271

"you always gotta protect your mc nuggets" cheeseburger eddy-the new longest yard

chevygal74

"What bothers you?  That I'm a lady or that I'm a quarterback?"  Helen Hunt in Quarterback Princess

memphisguy

Band grunt: Coach Mac, how come we can't use the football field for practice. The band is important too.
Coach Mac: I haven't seen you hit anyone all year. Get off the field.

It's not from a movie but an actual conversation my younger brother had with one of his students. I just think it's funny.

mattp_68

Go ask coach lombardi about it - Codebreakers  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas