• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Started by DC*B, September 08, 2005, 11:05:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DC*B

Is anyone goin to see it tomorrow night?

haha...who am I kidding...Tomorrow night is Friday night...

Is anyone goin to see it Saturday night?

SandLizard04

fsfbl

Quote from: ˆTØѧT¥Lˈ on September 08, 2005, 11:05:38 pm

Isnt this movie suppose to be scary? 

I havent seen too many scary movies, unless it has snakes in it....

DC*B

Quote from: Thee xbear on September 09, 2005, 12:00:12 am
Quote from: ˆTØѧT¥Lˈ on September 08, 2005, 11:05:38 pm

Isnt this movie suppose to be scary?

I havent seen too many scary movies, unless it has snakes in it....

It's supposed to have actual audio from Emily Roses Exorcism.  I've heard some of it...and it's kinda eerie...

Uhm...it says Suspense/Horror....so maybe...Here's the lil info thing about the movie...

In an extremely rare decision, the Catholic Church officially recognized the demonic possession of a 19 year-old college freshman. Told in flashbacks, 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose' chronicles the haunting trial of the priest accused of negligence resulting in the death of the young girl believed to be possessed and the laywer who takes on the task of defending him.

bulldogs1159

Never heard of the movie but now im interested. Do you have a link to the site about it or anything?

SandLizard04

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on September 09, 2005, 12:55:59 am
Never heard of the movie but now im interested. Do you have a link to the site about it or anything?
http://www.whathappenedtoemily.com

bulldogs1159

Pr8hd

As a boy I remember The Excorcist all to well and I am sorry but that stuff gives me the creeps big time as it is based on true stories. True story horror movies make it more intense for sure if they are done right....

DC*B

mmm...I think this is gonna be a good movie. 

Haven't seen the Exorcist yet.  Might have to go rent it this weekend and watch it. 

Pr8hd

Back in the day it was pretty darn freaky. Not something to watch alone. Not sure if it still holds up well,  but I was a kid then. It still is pretty creepy even today although I am sure some of the special effects are laughable by todays standards. It is the story that gets you....

chrismurphy19

I saw it tonight. It was a pretty good movie. I wasn't scared watching it, but I don't really get scared watching movies. I'm the kind of person who picks out everything that's going to happen as the movie goes along. Still, it was suspenseful, and I highly reccomend it.

arrowschick

It wasn't near as scary as I thought it was going to be. And I scare very easily. I was really disappointed. It wasn't meant to be scary though. We decided that it was meant to be more of a drama. The part where they show the exorcism is very disturbing, and anytime they flashback to Emily Rose, but they didn't do that that much. The scariest part of the movie was when I poured some ice into my best friends empty cup at a very quite, apparently very intense part of the movie. I think that half the theatre may have wet themselves. I know several screamed. It was so freakin hilarious.

SandLizard04

I agree with what arrowschick said. It was much more of a courtroom drama than it was a horror movie. A fine courtroom drama it was, but if you go in expecting to be scared out of your wits, you'll come away disappointed. The advertising is very manipulative, I believe.

Still a pretty good movie, just not at all what I expected.

coltchic_2009

I saw the movie, it wasn't as scary as i thought but more freaky

x3

coltchic_2009

mattp_68

i still havent saw it but my big cuz is in teh army and he said that ist was so creepy he wouldnt let his lil brother go to the bathroom

bulldog64

tator_tot

i thought it was pretty good.  it was freaky.

ColonelReb

Lions84

She looks like an ex of mine when she got mad ;D

PopTart Man

Just listen to the first little clip on the website when it is loading. That gave me chills.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas