• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mineral Springs and Muleshoe

Started by HorseFeathers, September 22, 2018, 04:33:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

....Why??

What's the origin or back story? Just curious cause it doesn't make sense to me, I guess because I don't know the story

Redzone

I have always wanted to know this also. I recently moved to mineral Springs/Nashville area and still can't find anyone to tell me the meaning of it lol

stuck in between

I asked this question last year. COACH Mike answered and can elaborate in more detail, but the answer I got from him was that it dates back to the CB radio days and "Mule Shoe" was sling for Mineral Springs. All of the other surrounding towns/communities had their own alternate name as well. He gave examples when he answered mine. However, I can not remember what they were. I believe if one would look back to the Foreman/MS thread from last year you will find your answer.

COACH-Mike

CB radio era.  Texarkana was T-town, Nashville was Music City, Murfreesboro Diamond city, Tollette was Chocolate city.  Mineral was Mule Shoe.  We had a kid that started a chant Mule Shoe wrecking crew.  Our defense was known as the Mule Shoe wrecking crew.  It has stayed with us and is now the chant Mule Shoe Do It to em!  That's it!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: COACH-Mike on September 24, 2018, 02:43:10 pm
CB radio era.  Texarkana was T-town, Nashville was Music City, Murfreesboro Diamond city, Tollette was Chocolate city.  Mineral was Mule Shoe.  We had a kid that started a chant Mule Shoe wrecking crew.  Our defense was known as the Mule Shoe wrecking crew.  It has stayed with us and is now the chant Mule Shoe Do It to em!  That's it!

Hey there good buddy. Do ya have a handle for Ben Lomond or Saratoga?  I'm 10-10 on the side.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas