• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hampton at Junction City 09/28/18

Started by bleudog, September 21, 2018, 10:17:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Hampton Bulldogs
13 (26%)
Junction City Dragons
37 (74%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: September 27, 2018, 11:24:11 pm

bleudog

September 21, 2018, 10:17:12 pm Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 10:42:03 pm by bleudog
2001 W  13   -   12
2002   L   8   -   14
2003   L   0   -   49
2004   L   6   -   42
2005   L   0   -   54
2006   L   6   -   48
2007   L   6   -   56
2008   L   0   -   66
2009   L   0   -   56
2010   L   6   -   47
2011   L   0   -   42
2012   L   0   -   62
2013   L   3   -   49
2014   L   0   -   72
Total      48  -  669
Average   3.43   47.79

Past performance is not indicative of future results.

How will 2018 be added to the list?

dawgpound

THA TRUTH

Hornet4ever

Should be a good one, but I feel like J.C. prevails.

WHITEchicken

BO_KNOWS

Game of the week in 2A . Junction City gets the win @ Home by 6
Jc 28
Hampton 22

Monsta

Going To Give It To The Guys From Jc in a heart chaser, Jc By 1

Southark

I think Hampton has a chance I'm just worried about depth got the dogs. I'm not sure but I think jc has quite a few players that just play o and some that just play D. If Hampton can win time of possession I think they have a great shot. Gonna be a good one.

WHITEchicken

I am pretty sure the last time Hampton beat jc their coach was playing. Smackover ended the streak but this streak lasts a little bit longer. Maybe a lot longer since I don't see Monte walking through that door any time soon.

Southark

Can we please end all the Monta crap? That was 2 years ago. This is 2018.. obviously Hampton did nothing wrong or I'm sure the AAA would have stepped in by now. This team of course is not as talented as 2016 but they are ALOT better defensively.

Southark

Ppl_plz

Quote from: Southark on September 23, 2018, 03:23:06 pm
I think Hampton has a chance I'm just worried about depth got the dogs. I'm not sure but I think jc has quite a few players that just play o and some that just play D. If Hampton can win time of possession I think they have a great shot. Gonna be a good one.

I believe JC has maybe 2 guys not playing both ways and they are the big O line guys. At Strong, the QB even played defense and kickoff until landed wrong in a tackle.

Bearden_Bear72

September 23, 2018, 04:23:53 pm #12 Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 04:26:22 pm by Bearden_Bear72
I think if Hampton goes in and try's to beat the 2018 Dragons then they have a even chance to win.  If they go in and try to beat tradition of JC OR the game history between the two teams then this might be a long ball game. 

This year usually JC has blown out 3 teams instead of the good games they have had.  They don't seem unbeatable and hasn't won the game before they even show up.  This will def play in favor of Hampton. 

Maynard G Krebs

old.dole

No way jc wins by 3 tds. Going to be a really good game

Monsta

Jc won't win by 21+... quote me on that

sickwillie

JC losses have been to really good teams. Dogs have looked good last 2 weeks but have only played 7 quarters all yr. hard one to call for me. Hope the Dogs are ready and can have a chance to steal one on the border

WHITEchicken

Southark I'm not saying y'all did anything wrong. I'm saying yall were not a great team before he got there and now y'all act like y'all are traditionally a good program. Y'all had one good year and now it's over.

bleudog

September 23, 2018, 07:19:19 pm #18 Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:38:44 pm by bleudog
Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 23, 2018, 03:40:48 pm
I am pretty sure the last time Hampton beat jc their coach was playing. Smackover ended the streak but this streak lasts a little bit longer. Maybe a lot longer since I don't see Monte walking through that door any time soon.

Hampton's last win over JC was 2001. 

The win FF listed for 2004 has the score backwards.  CLICK HERE

The score FF shows for the 2005 game is wrong but the winning team is correct.  CLICK HERE

Jones was the starting QB as a senior on the 2005 team. That was the year of the last Smackover win over JC before this year.  The Bucs took the district title in 2005. 

In 2001 Jones would have been in the 8th grade.

dawgpound

It's not over and nobody acted like we have been good forever we have a good group of kids they come and go in small town USA

eldofan

This should be a good one . Looking forward to this one Friday night

WHITEchicken

September 23, 2018, 08:17:23 pm #21 Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:26:38 pm by WHITEchicken
I meant hamptons coach was playing for Hampton the last time they beat jc. And yes jones was the qb the last time smack beat jc until this year.

HG Hornet

If the Boom Boom Boys go down there and win, I'll be a believer. 

bleacherbum78

gonna be a barn burner in the border town! dragons by 8

bleudog

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 23, 2018, 08:17:23 pm
I meant hamptons coach was playing for Hampton the last time they beat jc. And yes jones was the qb the last time smack beat jc until this year.

Gotcha.

About the only thing I know about Hampton's coach is there's at least one person in Des Arc who doesn't care for him.   ;D

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Monsta on September 23, 2018, 05:13:06 pm
Jc won't win by 21+... quote me on that

I could see it... this team isn't as bad as what some of y'all are making them out to be especially considering who they have played and who is ahead of them

Hasbeen92

Quote from: bleudog on September 23, 2018, 07:19:19 pm

The score FF shows for the 2005 game is wrong but the winning team is correct.  CLICK HERE

Jones was the starting QB as a senior on the 2005 team. That was the year of the last Smackover win over JC before this year.  The Bucs took the district title in 2005. 

If you r referring to Jordan Jones he graduated in 2016 and only played QB in wildcat formation mainly played receiver his senior year 2015
I think Hampton plays JC close but hard to beat Dragons at their place

dragondad

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on September 24, 2018, 01:09:54 am
Quote from: bleudog on September 23, 2018, 07:19:19 pm

If you r referring to Jordan Jones he graduated in 2016 and only played QB in wildcat formation mainly played receiver his senior year 2015
I think Hampton plays JC close but hard to beat Dragons at their place

Hes referring to Steven Jones, the Head Coach of the JC Dragons.

Rida4Life

I think this one is a war.  Something tells me JC is out to prove they are better than their start.  Hampton seems ready to prove that their program is bigger than just one player. 
I think it goes down to the wire.

big_poppa99

Quote from: Monsta on September 22, 2018, 10:31:38 am
Going To Give It To The Guys From Jc in a heart chaser, Jc By 1
Are you mental Dragons by at least 20

YOUKNOWWHO

this game is going to be a shootout. Who wins may come down to who has the ball last. I am going to say JC wins at home but Hampton could pull it out.

Hampton better enjoy it if they win because all of their eggs are in this one basket. this is how I know that ables leaves Hampton after this year. his cup is almost empty.

ARHSFB

Quote from: Rida4Life on September 24, 2018, 09:29:35 am
I think this one is a war.  Something tells me JC is out to prove they are better than their start.  Hampton seems ready to prove that their program is bigger than just one player. 
I think it goes down to the wire.

RIDA are you coming to the game since PC is open?

couch-coach06

big_poppa99

bleudog

September 24, 2018, 08:38:16 pm #34 Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:48:46 pm by bleudog
HOOTENS.COM GAME OF THE WEEK
No. 6 Hampton at No. 3 Junction City (2)
No pass completions. No passing yards. No problem for No. 6 Hampton, which held the ball for nine minutes with a 16-play drive Week 3 vs. Star City. Last week, Hampton amassed 325 yards (in the first half) and pounded Parkers Chapel 46-7 with senior QB Gauge Welch running for three TDs. Senior LB Tre Murhpy and DT Kade Pennington recorded three and two sacks, respectively, to pace a Hampton first-team defense that held PC to 21 yards. Junction City counters with junior RB Jakiron Cook (521 yards, five TDs) and senior RB Dhante Gibson (290 yards, five TDs). Senior LB Jvacye Cook (21 tackles) and DE Kyle Kidwell (22 tackles) pace a defense that features nine Dragons with double-digit tackles.

http://www.hootens.com/09-24-2018/class-2a-week-5-rankings-notes--picks-/6456.html

Bearden_Bear72

I seen both teams play using there live stream.  At offense stand point Both teams are pretty even.  It's gonna come down to who's defense is ready to step up there game

cuz

If Jc's running game gets going with no turnovers I think the D is coming together to win this one. They looked good on both side of the ball last week and just need to keep going in that direction.....

imtie

Rida4Life

Quote from: ARHSFB on September 24, 2018, 01:02:42 pm
RIDA are you coming to the game since PC is open?

You never know where I might end up on Friday night..... most of the time you probably had no idea i was even there.

bleudog

September 25, 2018, 11:18:38 am #39 Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 12:54:44 pm by bleudog
Each team beating the bejesus out of PC and Strong respectively last week doesn't give too much to go on.

It is interesting what Hooties wrote about Hampton not throwing the ball against Star City. 

If JC feeds their two running backs, the final buzzer could sound before 9:15 PM which ever team wins.

Here's the live stream address:  http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jc-dragons-football

Here's the live stat page:  https://stats.digitalscout.com/football/boys/game/9665385

All you Bulldogs come on down (and anybody else who's interested).  There are new visitor stands, lighting, ticket booth, restrooms, concession area and parking that y'all probably haven't seen since your last visit.  Plus the Dragons need to sell a lot of tickets and food since Hermitage and Woodlawn cost some home games.

ARHSFB

Quote from: Rida4Life on September 25, 2018, 10:49:39 am
You never know where I might end up on Friday night..... most of the time you probably had no idea i was even there.

That I can believe

SOUTHARK99

Where are all the Bulldog smack talkers this week. I expected more out of you all.

THA TRUTH

I was looking forward to this week but have been let down greatly

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 26, 2018, 08:57:32 am
I was looking forward to this week but have been let down greatly

Im sure they are just gonna let their talking on the field....  ;D ;D ;D

highway79

Hampton will win this game by 12. The are even in the trenches which is JC's strength and have better skill than the Dragons. Dogs win 26-14

WHITEchicken

highway79

we will see if your still laughing after friday

THA TRUTH

Quote from: highway79 on September 26, 2018, 11:39:00 am
Hampton will win this game by 12. The are even in the trenches which is JC's strength and have better skill than the Dragons. Dogs win 26-14

Ur boys are to small... they stand no chance

highway79

Your boys aint what they used to be either. Yall still dang good but you aint won this game before it started like usual

cuz

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas