• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hackett vs Magazine

Started by DnA Prostaff, September 15, 2018, 09:24:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DnA Prostaff

Huge game for the Hornets and the Rattlers.  Hackett is fresh off a loss to Panama while Magazine is rolling confident after a dominant win over Cutter Morning Star.

Thoughts on the game?

Hornet4ever

Honestly have no idea. Hackett is coming off a 4-win streak against the Rattlers. Hackett and Magazine youth have pretty much dominated junior high in recent past, which speaks well for the young guys. Hackett has played two quality teams to the wire in tough losses. Magazine apparently played Ida pretty tough for the most part. From what I've been told Magazine is in the same boat as far as depth, both teams having low numbers.

I'll be the homer here and take my hornets by a touchdown. Should be a fun game.

DnA Prostaff

I like Hackett here also.  I may be wrong in my judgement but I feel like the key players for Hackett have more experience in tough games than Magazine does.  I know there are some kids from Magazine that play with a ton of heart, but also having the rough several years can develop an attitude or mind set of just rolling over when things are tough. Glad to see that program looking up for Coach Powell.    Hope it's a great game.  Has a possibility of being a battle...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on September 16, 2018, 10:50:06 pm
I like Hackett here also.  I may be wrong in my judgement but I feel like the key players for Hackett have more experience in tough games than Magazine does.  I know there are some kids from Magazine that play with a ton of heart, but also having the rough several years can develop an attitude or mind set of just rolling over when things are tough. Glad to see that program looking up for Coach Powell.    Hope it's a great game.  Has a possibility of being a battle...

I absolutely believe it will be a battle. I also agree on your statement about the experience part as well. Mcbride, Shipman, Hester, and Carter are all stand out seniors, all being three year starters. This includes big game experience as well... If Magazine can slow them down it will be a good one. Pacey Mcbride is a shifty dude though... I'll never forget when he took the opening drive against England a couple of years ago. Little 10th grader juking out those big England linebackers.

IdaLions

Magazine differently suprised me against Mount Ida. The biggest threat to Hackett is that #28, big and strong middle linebacker and runningback. Honestly I feel like he single handedly stopped the dive(with the help of many mistakes by Mount Ida).

I'll take Magazine in a very close one

alaskanstorm

Now that the rattlers coaches have started to get things figured out, watch for the defense to make a major step forward this week and shut down the hornets O; while their big guy rumbles for 200+ and leads them to a +2 TD victory.

DnA Prostaff

^^^^ this guy again?   geez

alaskanstorm

September 19, 2018, 10:27:58 am #7 Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 09:12:11 am by alaskanstorm
which is what hacket's D is going tome thinking friday night, as 28 continuously pounds the A and B gaps.

DnA Prostaff

The way that Hackett loads the box and brings the linebackers I doubt that will be highly effective. If the Rattlers can establish any sort of outside run game or be able to throw it around some it may open it up for Hyatt some.   That kid is a tough runner and hard to bring down. But running between the tackles is probably exactly what Hackett wants them to do.

bearfan

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: bearfan on September 19, 2018, 10:58:45 am
Both teams suck who cares

Obviously not important to you, but you are the one who clicked on the thread and then continued to choose to reply. So.... you must care a tiny bit or you wouldn't have.

In this conference there are a lot of people who "care".  Both of these programs have great traditions. Coach Hester at Hackett has built a rich tradition. Magazine has been down for a long time after winning a state championship about 10 years ago but are now on an upward trajectory. Coach Powell has had to endure some tough seasons and as a conference I believe we are excited about improvement of not only Magazine but also Western Yell.  In the context of who your favorite team or conference is, this thread may have no relevance, and these teams may not be up to par with teams of your caliber. However, every school will go through ups and downs. I hope you can choose to celebrate success and excitement when your teams has been down and begins to move up.

In the down times, I hope that nobody writes a post directed at your team like you have ours.

bearfan

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on September 19, 2018, 11:08:59 am

Obviously not important to you, but you are the one who clicked on the thread and then continued to choose to reply. So.... you must care a tiny bit or you wouldn't have.

In this conference there are a lot of people who "care".  Both of these programs have great traditions. Coach Hester at Hackett has built a rich tradition. Magazine has been down for a long time after winning a state championship about 10 years ago but are now on an upward trajectory. Coach Powell has had to endure some tough seasons and as a conference I believe we are excited about improvement of not only Magazine but also Western Yell.  In the context of who your favorite team or conference is, this thread may have no relevance, and these teams may not be up to par with teams of your caliber. However, every school will go through ups and downs. I hope you can choose to celebrate success and excitement when your teams has been down and begins to move up.

In the down times, I hope that nobody writes a post directed at your team like you have ours.
Alright, both teams are still trash

Prouddragondad

Ok I assume that bearfan is a Bearden fan. If that's true then why you calling these teams trash when Bearden is 0-3 and and will be 0-4 after Friday. Sounds like you need to worry about your team instead of these two if you are a Bearden fan.

Hornet4ever

Hornet4ever

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on September 19, 2018, 11:08:59 am

Don't pay any mind to him, just a new troll. If there is anything I've learned in my several years in this board is to just ignore them. I'm not going to lie, I tried my hand at trolling when I was young and immature on this board and got slammed repeatedly. It looks bad on you personally and your school, as well as the posters who also represent your school.

He'll learn once he gets older than 15-16 😂

bearfan

All i am saying is both teams suck and have no chance at winning state this year. #RIP

bearfan

and by the way i am a Hazen fan. We do this thing called winning y'all should try it

alaskanstorm

1st DnA it doesn't matter if that's what the hornets want the rattlers to do, go ahead and stack 10 in the box 28 is going to bring a dozer and your boys better stay out of the way.

2nd and I hate to agree w H4E in the week the rattlers take their first step to a conference championship and hosting playoff games but BF is new troll bringing nothing original.  They are usually easy to spot by the content in their statements which is usually reflective of their experiences.

bearfan

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 19, 2018, 11:50:01 am
1st DnA it doesn't matter if that's what the hornets want the rattlers to do, go ahead and stack 10 in the box 28 is going to bring a dozer and your boys better stay out of the way.

2nd and I hate to agree w H4E in the week the rattlers take their first step to a conference championship and hosting playoff games but BF is new troll bringing nothing original.  They are usually easy to spot by the content in their statements which is usually reflective of their experiences.
The statement that i said i is true

HorseFeathers

Wasn't that long Hazen was the equavilent of a Hackett or Magazine... Who knows if they're coach leaves they may become that way again...

Serious question, is the Hwy 10 Cafe as good as facebook/Google suggests, and are the Frito Chile pies at magazine comparable to what they were during the 2010 run?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bearfan on September 19, 2018, 11:48:45 am
and by the way i am a Hazen fan. We do this thing called winning y'all should try it

Hmmm... Last time Hackett played Hazen we won.

At Hazen, we knocked your butts out of the playoffs.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 19, 2018, 12:08:13 pm
Hmmm... Last time Hackett played Hazen we won.

At Hazen, we knocked your butts out of the playoffs.

So try again little guy.

bearfan

Hornet4ever

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 19, 2018, 11:50:01 am

Yeah he's sort of like you.

bearfan

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 19, 2018, 12:08:48 pm
So try again little guy.
last year y'all didn't knock our butts out of the playoffs

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bearfan on September 19, 2018, 12:10:51 pm
last year y'all didn't knock our butts out of the playoffs

I didn't say we did last year little fella. The last time Hackett played you wasn't last year. Does that matter though? You're talking smack about Hackett, but as far as I'm concerned the last time we met we won by two touchdowns, in Hazen.

So once again, try again little fella.

Hornet4ever

Incoming another y'all suck comment

bearfan

why y'all always talking about the past. Hazen could beat both yall with a blindfold on

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bearfan on September 19, 2018, 12:13:35 pm
why y'all always talking about the past. Hazen could beat both yall with a blindfold on

Great comeback sport. Now, put your phone up and eat your lunch. Only 30 more minutes until the bell rings for class. Can't go to 5th hour with an empty stomach.

bearfan

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 19, 2018, 12:14:18 pm
Great comeback sport. Now, put your phone up and eat your lunch. Only 30 more minutes until the bell rings for class. Can't go to 5th hour with an empty stomach.
I am in my 12 AM right now at U of A and y'all are a bunch of fudge packing old men arguing on here

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bearfan on September 19, 2018, 12:17:09 pm
I am in my 12 AM right now at U of A and y'all are a bunch of fudge packing old men arguing on here

"Fudge packing"

HAHA

I'm 23, btw.

alaskanstorm

Quote from: bearfan on September 19, 2018, 12:01:17 pm
The statement that i said i is true

No your statement holds no merit but mine has been backed up by years of psychological research.

HorseFeathers

12 am class? Well I'm sad that Hazen and apparently the U of A has failed you in knowing the difference in midnight and noon

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bearfan on September 19, 2018, 11:48:45 am

Quote from: bearfan on August 03, 2018, 06:57:58 pm
This is going to be a fun one to watch this year lots of new faces and old faces we will see this year. What do y'all think the conference will end up like??
1. Conway Christian
2. Poyen
3. Magnet Cove
4. England
5. Mountain Pine
6. Cutter
7. Biglow
8 Quitman

I pretty sure he is not a hazen fan, and im sure they don't want him either....

alaskanstorm

Quote from: bearfan on September 19, 2018, 12:17:09 pm

The fact you claim to be at the U of A and are on fearless tells me all I need to know.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 19, 2018, 12:19:52 pm
12 am class? Well I'm sad that Hazen and apparently the U of A has failed you in knowing the difference in midnight and noon

Dude!!! I'm so jealous that I didn't catch that.

What a goober.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 19, 2018, 12:21:23 pm

I pretty sure he is not a hazen fan, and im sure they don't want him either....

I'm sure nobody will claim him.

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 19, 2018, 12:09:30 pm
Yeah he's sort of like you.

Short ha!! The only thing that gonna be short Friday is hackets O.  A repeated "and the hornets are 4th down and 4 yards short of the marker.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: alaskanstorm on September 19, 2018, 12:26:50 pm
Short ha!! The only thing that gonna be short Friday is hackets O.  A repeated "and the hornets are 4th down and 4 yards short of the marker.

Short?

alaskanstorm

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 19, 2018, 12:32:29 pm
Short?

I thought your touch screen didn't take the h.  Tip of the hate to you on that on but it still doesn't change the fact the hornets come up SHORT Friday.

alaskanstorm

September 19, 2018, 12:46:12 pm #40 Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 01:08:02 pm by alaskanstorm
Plus I find it highly offensive as BF is no where near my level, to even be consider my sort. 

bearfan

HorseFeathers

It's nice to see BF has multiple original thoughts on the game 😆

Maybe I'll have a few of those myself...but my Hector/Arkansas Tech education won't match up to his greatness lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

im gonna go out on a limb, a small one at that, and bet hes a Conway Christian fan, which explains a lot. they have never had success in football, so he doesn't understand how to deal with success.

hawgball3

I can confirm Bearfan aint from Conway Christian we pride ourselves in actually teaching kids how to tell time

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: hawgball3 on September 19, 2018, 02:34:02 pm
I can confirm Bearfan aint from Conway Christian we pride ourselves in actually teaching kids how to tell time

he has referred to C.C., as we more than once in his previous post. maybe he fell through the cracks. lol

IdaLions

Quote from: bearfan on September 19, 2018, 01:01:26 pm
Both teams suck

I'm not a fan of either team, but saying stuff like that isn't right. These kids put hard work in to a sport that they love, and bringing them down is immature and very horrible. All teams go through there up and down years, including Hazen, Heck my team Mount Ida will be down soon enough. They are both programs that love football and go out there every friday night, giving it their all. You my good sir need to mature and maybe learn how to be a decent human being. I'll be praying for ya buddy.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: hawgball3 on September 19, 2018, 02:34:02 pm

Like I said nobody will likely claim him.

alaskanstorm

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 19, 2018, 12:01:59 pm
Wasn't that long Hazen was the equavilent of a Hackett or Magazine... Who knows if they're coach leaves they may become that way again...

Serious question, is the Hwy 10 Cafe as good as facebook/Google suggests, and are the Frito Chile pies at magazine comparable to what they were during the 2010 run?

I can only vouch for the ham and cheese omlet it was good.  So unless your a breakfast all day kind of person get there early it was worth it.

alaskanstorm

As I woke up this amazing morning i had to thank the big man up stairs for all he has created and to also help the hornets be able manage their torment as the realization of Friday's destruction by the rattlers gets closer.  Yes I even thanked him for annoying    posters like BF who without wouldn't of mad this a HOF thread and all we have to do for the next couple days is respond:  yea this thread is awsome HOF.  The other perc is we will be given legendary status just by changing the adjective in that phrase.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas