• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toughest Region

Started by groundgame, February 20, 2018, 08:28:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

groundgame

Saw this on the 3A board. Which region do you think is the toughest boys & girls.

HorseFeathers

JimmyChitwood

I would go with 2 just because of ICC boys, Norfork Mammoth and Bay girls

BannerChaser95

Top to bottom?

Region 3 boys and girls.

Best teams in same region?

Region 4 boys and region 2 girls because imo region 4 boys are better than the top team in region 3.

Region 3 bottom teams are better than region 4's

Catfish

Region 3. It has been for years.

doctor in the house

gobblerfire

Talking boys and girls combined you can never bet against Region 3. They have consistently have teams that make deep runs in the state tournament year in and year out.

Oxford Cat

February 21, 2018, 04:59:21 pm #7 Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 05:12:04 pm by Oxford Cat
The narrative on here seems to be that Region 3 is the best region in the state and Region 2 may be one of the worst in Class 1A Boys basketball. Let's look at some facts. Region 2 has won 6 of the last 10 Class 1A Boys State Championships.  Head-to-head Region 2 teams have dominated Region 3 teams this year.  According to the statistical data provided by Ba$ketballFan (which is fine work by the way) the average ranking of Region 2 teams is 17 and the average ranking of Region 3 teams is 18.5. It seems both historically and currently that Region 2 is far superior to Region 3.

eamo8911

Izard County, Mammoth, Bay twice (or 3) . . . Who am I forgetting?

hsindian

Quote from: eamo8911 on February 21, 2018, 05:06:02 pm
Izard County, Mammoth, Bay twice (or 3) . . . Who am I forgetting?
Didn't calico Rock make a run not to let my ago?

Oxford Cat

Bay has won 4 in the past 10.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oxford Cat on February 21, 2018, 04:59:21 pm
The narrative on here seems to be that Region 3 is the best region in the state and Region 2 may be one of the worst in Class 1A Boys basketball. Let's look at some facts. Region 2 has won 6 of the last 10 Class 1A Boys State Championships.  Head-to-head Region 2 teams have dominated Region 3 teams this year.  According to the statistical data provided by Ba$ketballFan (which is fine work by the way) the average ranking of Region 2 teams is 17 and the average ranking of Region 3 teams is 18.5. It seems both historically and currently that Region 2 is far superior to Region 3.

You do realize you can't judge an entire region by the accomplishments of mainly Bay Right?

And region 3 is defined as the toughest because on a given night the 4 seeds in this region can give the 1 seeds a good thrashing....

eamo8911

Somewhat off subject, didn't Hillcrest make it to finals one year . . . Like 09 or 10?  Seems like i remember Mammoth and hillcrest meeting in the final four with hillcrest winning. Or am I imagining that?  Also Black Rock in 2011, and did Bay lose to Concord one additional year?

J.D.

Quote from: eamo8911 on February 21, 2018, 05:26:50 pm
Somewhat off subject, didn't Hillcrest make it to finals one year . . . Like 09 or 10?  Seems like i remember Mammoth and hillcrest meeting in the final four with hillcrest winning. Or am I imagining that?  Also Black Rock in 2011, and did Bay lose to Concord one additional year?

Hillcrest made Semi's and lost there.  Hillcrest was hosting state and shocked Bradley in 2010.

Oxford Cat

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 21, 2018, 05:19:34 pm
You do realize you can't judge an entire region by the accomplishments of mainly Bay Right?

And region 3 is defined as the toughest because on a given night the 4 seeds in this region can give the 1 seeds a good thrashing....
So, because the one seeds can be beaten by teams that aren't very good, it makes this the best Region in the state?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: eamo8911 on February 21, 2018, 05:26:50 pm

Hillcrest was the rotating 4 seed that year....back when only 3 teams made it to state out of 5 regions.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oxford Cat on February 21, 2018, 05:29:29 pm
So, because the one seeds can be beaten by teams that aren't very good, it makes this the best Region in the state?

::) if that's what you want to make of it then sure

Oxford Cat

So if Viola, who beat Timbo twice, had beaten Izard County in the district tournament it would make this a tougher Region?

1Lurker

There are 8 solid teams in region 2. It will be a competitive regional and any of the 4 will be difficult outs in state.

And I thought Bay beat Guy and Calico split with Concord but maybe I dreamed that.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oxford Cat on February 21, 2018, 05:38:12 pm
So if Viola, who beat Timbo twice, had beaten Izard County in the district tournament it would make this a tougher Region?

So....losing to a team with a losing record makes it a stronger region?

D6Bound

Bay has won four state championships the past 10 years and made it to the finals another. Mammoth and Izard County has won a state championship in the past 10 years as well. One of those years Bay won, they played Black Rock in the state finals. And I'm too lazy to look but I guarantee that in the past 10 years there have two or more teams from region 2 AT LEAST in the semi finals of state every year in the past decade.

D6Bound

REGION 2 IS THE HIGHSCHOOL BASKETBALL VERSION OF THE SEC BABYYYYY

Oxford Cat

February 23, 2018, 10:19:16 pm #22 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 10:41:13 pm by Oxford Cat
Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 23, 2018, 08:37:24 pm
So....losing to a team with a losing record makes it a stronger region?
Yes, a young Izard County team traveled 3 hours to the banks of the Mississippi and lost a tough one to a battle tested Bay team, the same Bay team that beat the best team in Region 3.
Horsey, I'm sorry I ruffled your feathers but two things hurt your argument. One, your logic is terribly faulty and two, Region 3 is very average this year.

thebigman3

Quote from: D6Bound on February 23, 2018, 09:44:22 pm
REGION 2 IS THE HIGHSCHOOL BASKETBALL VERSION OF THE SEC BABYYYYY
Notice nobody paid attention to this post.

D6Bound

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 23, 2018, 10:22:20 pm
Notice nobody paid attention to this post.
cuz nobody can argue against it brotha

gobblerfire

The proof is in the pudding, Region 3 year in and year puts teams in the final 4!!

D6Bound

Quote from: gobblerfire on March 02, 2018, 10:38:01 pm
The proof is in the pudding, Region 3 year in and year puts teams in the final 4!!
but...what happens if region 2 comes out on top again this year?

J.D.

March 02, 2018, 10:56:05 pm #27 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 11:05:12 pm by J.D.
Quote from: D6Bound on March 02, 2018, 10:51:44 pm
but...what happens if region 2 comes out on top again this year?

I mean at this point, I'm pretty confident in saying Central/Northcentral and Northeast Arkansas are pretty solid areas for hoops lol. Just depends on the year for which one wears the crown.   

J.D.

Quote from: J.D. on March 02, 2018, 10:56:05 pm
I mean at this point, I'm pretty confident in saying Central/Northcentral and Northeast Arkansas are pretty solid areas for hoops lol. Just depends on the year for which one wears the crown.

Add to this Kirby/Acorn.  I feel like they are always in the mix around this time of the year.

teamworkwins

Considering the fact that both girls teams, along with one boy's team playing in the championship games next weekend, are all from Region 3, I think that speaks for itself. What's even more mind boggling is that those teams are also all from the same district and will be next year as well. Their district will even get tougher, throwing a few more good teams in the mix that used to just be in their region.

thebigman3

Region 3 is tough. 3 teams from Region 3 are in the state finals this year and 3 teams were last year.

D6Bound

I will agree that Region 3 was the strongest region this year by far. Good luck to all teams next week.

Flobbito

On the girls side WV, MVE, Concord, and Rural Special (all three state playoff teams) will be in the same District next year.  On the boys side all three state playoff teams, GP, MVE, WV and Maumelle Charter came out of that district. Next year we lose MC but put Concord, Shirley, and WSGF in that District. It will be an absolute grinder.  As for the toughest region, I have to say it's 3 or 2, 1 was salty too, Jasper was a very good girls team

HorseFeathers

Jasper falls off in region 1 and Alpena steps up in their place next year...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas