• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 3 @ West Side Greers Ferry

Started by riccoar, February 17, 2018, 08:27:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

J.D.

thebigman3

Did someone chase a ref? Just a whisper in the wind here don't know if this is true.

thechampchamp

I heard the old blue devils coach went crazy last night

thechampchamp

I also heard fuller, the greatest player of all time apparently, didnt carry his own last night either :-X

riccoar

Quote from: thechampchamp on February 22, 2018, 08:58:19 am
He and Cornett are masters at working refs.  I like it when coaches get vocal when they see a variance.  Not sure if it matters, but I think I'd rather hear the coach let the ref know that they at least are seeing it.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thechampchamp on February 22, 2018, 08:58:19 am
he actually had a reason to, you don't call a pushoff with 10 seconds left especially when it's not a pushoff and the little tiny player from MC goes flying by flopping, it's sad

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 22, 2018, 09:41:49 am
he actually had a reason to, you don't call a pushoff with 10 seconds left especially when it's not a pushoff and the little tiny player from MC goes flying by flopping, it's sad
I must respectfully disagree! I thought for our area which is bad I might st say I thought it was a very clean well called game! Shirley had to foul 3 times inside the last minute just to get Maumelle to the bonus so there can be no gripe there! Shirley had three chances at a loose ball there and whiffed! Had possession inside 8 seconds and couldn't get it closer than 25 feet so I don't see how one 50-50 judgement call was the total difference! Also I'm trying to remember the no call/ charge turned out a year ago versus Nemo Vista at the buzzer!! Didn't see Nemo's coach chase anybody after that one I don't believe! Point is and surely Shirley's coach knows this at the end of the day those things even out!

BannerChaser95

February 22, 2018, 10:20:47 am #57 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:56:59 am by BannerChaser95
Quote from: SackAttack on February 22, 2018, 09:53:15 am
I must respectfully disagree! I thought for our area which is bad I might st say I thought it was a very clean well called game! Shirley had to foul 3 times inside the last minute just to get Maumelle to the bonus so there can be no gripe there! Shirley had three chances at a loose ball there and whiffed! Had possession inside 8 seconds and couldn't get it closer than 25 feet so I don't see how one 50-50 judgement call was the total difference! Also I'm trying to remember the no call/ charge turned out a year ago versus Nemo Vista at the buzzer!! Didn't see Nemo's coach chase anybody after that one I don't believe! Point is and surely Shirley's coach knows this at the end of the day those things even out!
not defending Shirley or the coaches actions, but can the coach not disagree with a call at the end of the game and voice his opinion to them? I guess he may not be as polite as the Nemo Vista coach, but sure seems like I'd be upset to that it ended our season. I'm pro voicing my opinion to officials though haha

super fan

Totally agree. Very well officiated game. Shirley had numerous chances to win the game. However, that was a big call with under 10 seconds left in the game. In my opinion that's a no call. Neither player gained an advantage. The MC player didn't flop back until he heard the whistle. He had 4 fouls at the time. Let the kids decide the outcome. Also reminds me of the 10 second free throw call that gave Shirley a chance to tie the game last year...  sometimes ref's make inconsistent calls...  crazy.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 22, 2018, 10:20:47 am
not defending Shirley or the coaches actions, but can the coach no disagree with a call at the end of the game with the refs and voice his option to them? I guess he may not be as polite as the Nemo Vista coach, but sure seems like I'd be upset to that it ended our season. I'm pro voicing my opinion to officials though haha
Agree.. in somewhat way. I think a coach can do this.. but not in the way he did it. And Sack is right.. it was a 50/50 call that could have went either which way. I understand BannerMountainMans frustration though.

super fan

Looking forward to the GP-Concord game. Should be another great night for basketball fans.

Flobbito

not defending Shirley or the coaches actions, but can the coach not disagree with a call at the end of the game and voice his opinion to them? I guess he may not be as polite as the Nemo Vista coach, but sure seems like I'd be upset to that it ended our season. I'm pro voicing my opinion to officials though haha

I like seeing the coaches get fired up, in this case though what good would it do to follow the official?  On a side note, I wish when refs T'd a coach up was more consistent.  Earlier this year I saw the SSBB boys coach go hard at an official I mean this guy was in the refs face chewing him out loudly (it was a poorly officiated game both ways, but his team was losing); I had never seen a coach go at a ref like that and not get a technical foul.  Then a few days later (different refs) saw a coach get T'd up for saying "that's crap", he wasn't belligerent, but he did voice his opinion; Technical.  Some refs are just more sensitive I guess.

SackAttack

Oh I agree you gotta let the officials know you didn't like it but it DID NOT determine the outcome! Both teams had chances to win it and lose it! Missed FT's, turnovers, missed layups etc etc! So now officiating comes into play and those guys are expected to be perfect on a bang bang play! AND I am not defending the officials in our area not a single one of them are anywhere close to consistent! Should anybody expect the sad state of officiating to help them out in such an instance! And none of this has anything to do with being nice or not nice! Wereyou there by the way??

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on February 22, 2018, 12:48:05 pm
Oh I agree you gotta let the officials know you didn't like it but it DID NOT determine the outcome! Both teams had chances to win it and lose it! Missed FT's, turnovers, missed layups etc etc! So now officiating comes into play and those guys are expected to be perfect on a bang bang play! AND I am not defending the officials in our area not a single one of them are anywhere close to consistent! Should anybody expect the sad state of officiating to help them out in such an instance! And none of this has anything to do with being nice or not nice! Wereyou there by the way??
I actually agree 100%...

riccoar

Quote from: Flobbito on February 22, 2018, 11:50:32 am
I like seeing the coaches get fired up, in this case though what good would it do to follow the official?  On a side note, I wish when refs T'd a coach up was more consistent.  Earlier this year I saw the SSBB boys coach go hard at an official I mean this guy was in the refs face chewing him out loudly (it was a poorly officiated game both ways, but his team was losing); I had never seen a coach go at a ref like that and not get a technical foul.  Then a few days later (different refs) saw a coach get T'd up for saying "that's crap", he wasn't belligerent, but he did voice his opinion; Technical.  Some refs are just more sensitive I guess.
I think it depends on the ref.  I've noticed in this lowest level, this must be the training grounds.  Lots of young guys out there and they seem to be the one's with the shortest fuse.  Outside of someone in the stands cursing you or threatening you, a ref should never address or look into the stands.  In baseball, we called that rabbit ears.  Too much happening on the court for you to focus any attention in the stands and it happens A LOT.  Your more senior refs will let a coach bark.  Like I said, Brown and Cornett do it effectively. 

gobblerfire

Totally agree! Neither team took the bull by the horns and wanted the win. It fell in MC's hands and everyone is blaming the refs. 50/50 call and it just didn't go the Shirley wanted to last night. But last year at this time they got the call and Nemo didn't. That's why the games are played to the final whistle and not on paper.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on February 22, 2018, 12:48:05 pm
I wasn't at the game, nor is one call usually the case of a loss. However I just am stating I feel the unease and discomfort one can have towards a guy whom is just doing it to make a little extra change instead of caring about the call. That's all I was stating.

JimmyChitwood

Well I think it is good to be polite like Blocker at Nemo. There is no need for yelling outrageously at officials. When I played, as a younger kid, I was hard on officials and voiced my opinions. As I got older, I learned that being polite and respectful to them not only got me calls but they didn't call near as many touch fouls on me as before. How is it going to help you to be all in their face? If you ask the ref why he called that certain call, or tell him "23 is in the lane 3 seconds" they will be more likely to listen compared to screaming at them. Some may disagree (sack, bigman3) but I don't care. Respect and a good attitude go a long way.

thebigman3

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on February 22, 2018, 01:27:49 pm
Well I think it is good to be polite like Blocker at Nemo. There is no need for yelling outrageously at officials. When I played, as a younger kid, I was hard on officials and voiced my opinions. As I got older, I learned that being polite and respectful to them not only got me calls but they didn't call near as many touch fouls on me as before. How is it going to help you to be all in their face? If you ask the ref why he called that certain call, or tell him "23 is in the lane 3 seconds" they will be more likely to listen compared to screaming at them. Some may disagree (sack, bigman3) but I don't care. Respect and a good attitude go a long way.
A coach can get in a refs ear and let him know about things.. not saying you have to scream at them or yell UNLESS it was point blank and everyone knew it. Now, last night was not point blank. But llike you said, just call them over and be like "what's that about?" As a fan, heck I get into the games, but there s not one ref our or around here that is consistent. Not one ref is going to call what you want every single time and that's just part of the game.

SackAttack

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on February 22, 2018, 01:27:49 pm
Sack agrees to disagree with all of this but would not expect a Shirley fan to understand or care! Did y'all start baseball today??

Backboard Shattered

February 22, 2018, 02:06:27 pm #70 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:50:32 pm by Backboard Shattered
I remember Boss and a ref once.  Ref made a horrible call cost us the game.  Boss walked out on the hard wood and said "You know who I am?"  Ref changed the call we won the game!  Sometimes coaches just need to say You know who I am and whip it out!  That quad A card will go along ways

Flobbito

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 22, 2018, 01:11:04 pm
I wasn't at the game, nor is one call usually the case of a loss. However I just am stating I feel the unease and discomfort one can have towards a guy whom is just doing it to make a little extra change instead of caring about the call. That's all I was stating.

What I told my kids when they played is that a bad call only effects that possession unless you dwell on it.  Any possession can effect the game.  In a one possession game it is easy to say that a bad call determined the outcome of the game, but in reality every possession determined the outcome of the game, it's just easier to blame the refs sometimes.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: SackAttack on February 22, 2018, 01:42:27 pm
Sack agrees to disagree with all of this but would not expect a Shirley fan to understand or care! Did y'all start baseball today??
Not just Shirley fan sack. I root for Van Buren County Schools.

Catfish

thebigman3

thebigman3

J.D.

J.D.

MVE - 37

WSFF - 36

Just under two minutes

J.D.

Same score. 

30 seconds left.

MVE ball.

J.D.

Same score.

Under 20 seconds.

WSGF ball.

J.D.

J.D.

Catfish

silkysober

Disagree with a call is one thing but when you put your hands on a ref your classless and should be arrested for assault.

J.D.

Concord - 46

Guy - 53

Under 2 left in game

Fleaflicker

Quote from: silkysober on February 22, 2018, 06:18:38 pm
Disagree with a call is one thing but when you put your hands on a ref your classless and should be arrested for assault.
Lol Assault
Jesus a coach got fired up and got on him. Y'all act like he throat punched him, he looked mad enough to do it tho lol

Any update on Guy? Hope hutch old rear is headed to the recliner the north group owns this region if not

BasketballNeverStops

Bluekatz12

riccoar

silkysober

silkysober

Rumor has it that the video was sent to AAA and I hope Brown skips school tomorrow.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: silkysober on February 22, 2018, 07:58:44 pm
Rumor has it that the video was sent to AAA and I hope Brown skips school tomorrow.
for doing what getting in the guys face after the game?? They practically know each other real well and he was in the heat of the moment because he thought he made a horrible call in a crucial point. There was not one push LOL

silkysober

I guess man. Just some concession stand waiting for $1 pizza conversation that I heard.

Catfish

J.D.

Rural Special - 57

Sacred Heart - 38

Final.

thebigman3

J.D.

Backboard Shattered

Updates on Timbo WV?  I signed 1983 atugrafs and hung out with the boss back at Sonic now

eamo8911

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas