• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kyren Batey

Started by ljfan92, December 17, 2017, 05:44:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ljfan92

After watching Batey play against Danville and Mt Ida I really think he could play college ball. Anyone heard anything about him receiving college interest?

couch-coach06

See last 2 pages of the pined foreman vs Ida thread :)

mr.gametime

Any updates on how his summer is going as far as recruiting???

Redzone

So far Kyren has offers from Ouchita Baptist, Henderson State, and UAPB.

Schools showing interest: UCA, Louisiana Tech, Tulane, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Murray State.

Dragon I

Go to OBU.  Play with the Junction boys.  They've got a solid program right now.

THA TRUTH

OBU would be a good decision

Hogman2018

Where is all the big D-1 schools
that he was supposed to get offers from!! Tried to tell all the Foreman fans he was a small Div-1 player at best!!! Nothing wrong with that but not as good as some people on here thought!

stuck in between

Congratulations to him for being selected to the Hog Pen Word Press.com All Classifacation Team, winning the Farm Bureau/Hootens 2-A player of the year for the second year in a row as well as being selected All-State for the second straight year. Regardless of what college he attends he is a heck of an athlete, has been a joy to watch and most importantly any time I have had any dealings with him he has been one of the most respectful unselfish kids I have been around. Good luck to him.

Dogg

Congrats  Batey can play at the D-1 level

cuz

Congratulations Mr. Baytey....

Bea510

I'm excited to see what this young man can do at the next level! Electric and explosive player for sure that can make a good impact.

Eslim03

Congratulations Kyren we have enjoyed watching you play here at foreman and are excited to see you play on the next level. Good luck in your future.

Hasbeen92

Wantobe

It has been a joy to watch him play over the past few years and I'm really glad to see him get some of the accolades that he deserves. This guy has helped put Foreman on the map. Above that, he has been an inspiration to a multitude of young Gators. He's always made time for the youngsters that look up to him. There will likely be playground fights over who gets to be #5 on future teams.
I'm not sure where he'll end up, but he hasn't played his last game of football. I feel confident in saying that he'll do his part to make whatever team he plays for be a success.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: stuck in between on December 11, 2018, 07:28:54 am
winning the Farm Bureau/Hootens 2-A player of the year for the second year in a row

Yea that's not true

bleudog

December 12, 2018, 12:42:56 pm #15 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 05:26:22 pm by bleudog
Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 12, 2018, 12:27:56 pm

Yea that's not true

I was thinking a Bearden kid won 2A Farm Bureau in 2017.

Eslim03

He is just mistaken last year Kyren was the Little Rock touchdown club 2a player of the year and this year he won the Farm Bureau/ Hooten's 2a offensive player of the year.

Partsman

Quote from: Hogman2018 on December 09, 2018, 04:54:10 pm
that he was supposed to get offers from!! Tried to tell all the Foreman fans he was a small Div-1 player at best!!! Nothing wrong with that but not as good as some people on here thought!
I sure hope this post made you look like a big man when you look in the mirror.

bleudog

December 12, 2018, 02:02:19 pm #18 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 05:27:01 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Eslim03 on December 12, 2018, 01:56:17 pm
He is just mistaken last year Kyren was the Little Rock touchdown club 2a player of the year and this year he won the Farm Bureau/ Hooten's 2a offensive player of the year.

Has their "watch" list been published?  He may can still go back-to-back.

I see where their 2018 awards presentation is scheduled for January 10th and the real Barry Sanders is the speaker.

Partsman

He was only a few touchdowns shy of the career state record.

bleudog

December 12, 2018, 02:53:46 pm #20 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:58:09 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Partsman on December 12, 2018, 02:25:54 pm
He was only a few touchdowns shy of the career state record.

INDIVIDUAL
RUSHING
MOST TOUCHDOWNS
Career
97 Cedric Houston, Clarendon, 1997-00
89 Vernon Hicks, Elaine, 1996-98
88 Jonathan Adams, Osceola, 1994-1997
85 Jonathan Bradley, Barton, 1996-98
84 Michael Dyer, Little Rock Christian, 2009
83 Steven Kehner, Glen Rose, 2007-10
78 Darius Hopkins, Nashville, 2014-16
76 Ozell Collier, Marianna Strong, 1967-69
76 Lawrence Walker, Carlisle, 1991-93
70 Roy White, El Dorado, 1932-33
70 Logan Wade Best, McCrory, 2010-2012

INDIVDUAL
PASSING
MOST TOUCHDOWNS
Career
171 Rhett Lashlee, Shiloh Christian, 1999-01
147 Stefan Loucks, Pulaski Academy, 2003-06
128 Will Hefley, Pulaski Academy, 2012-2014
125 Josh Floyd, Shiloh Christian, 1996-98
122 Spencer Keith, Pulaski Academy, 2006-08
120 Fredi Knighten, Pulaski Academy, 2008-11
119 Thomas Thrash, Pulaski Academy, 1999-01
111 Zach Davis, Harrisburg, 2008-10
109 Mark Watson, Harding Academy, 1998-00
107 Matt Simpson, Shiloh Christian, 2003-06
107 Kiehl Frazier, Shiloh Christian, 2008-10

INDIVIDUAL
TOTAL OFFENSE
TOUCHDOWNS
Career
194 Rhett Lashlee, Shiloh Christian, 1999-01
159 Kiehl Frazier, Shiloh Christian, 2008-10
154 Stefan Loucks, Pulaski Academy, 2003-06
148 Fredi Knighten, Pulaski Academy, 2008-11
147 Josh Floyd, Shiloh Christian, 1998
140 Jesse Gates, Central Ark Christian, 2002-04
133 Spencer Keith, Pulaski Academy, 2006-08
123 Thomas Thrash, Pulaski Academy, 1999-01

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Media/recordbook1617.pdf

Make sure the school gets the paperwork filled out so his name can be added.

Hogman2018

Quote from: Partsman on December 12, 2018, 02:00:25 pm
I sure hope this post made you look like a big man when you look in the mirror.
Dont bother me one bit! The Foreman fans talking how he was D-1 player and i just stated opinion!! IIf you dont like it stay off the public board!  I never said he wasnt a good player I just said he was a small D1 player nothing wrong with that

stuck in between

Quote from: Eslim03 on December 12, 2018, 01:56:17 pm

Thanks Slim you are correct. I was mistaken. Got to do a better job of following up on my facts rather than just reciting from memory. Regardless still a long list of awards for the young man.

Eslim03

Quote from: Hogman2018 on December 12, 2018, 03:47:22 pm
Dont bother me one bit! The Foreman fans talking how he was D-1 player and i just stated opinion!! IIf you dont like it stay off the public board!  I never said he wasnt a good player I just said he was a small D1 player nothing wrong with that

Look hogman I have no beef with you but if Kyren Batey would have went to the almighty Arkansas high razorbacks ( let me cough he would be even more recognized just because he wasn't doing like you think it should be done at a bigger school) whatever you sound like a person that once had great ability to play football and now you want to talk about one of the best to ever do it. Mr. Batey has over 5,000 yards and 89 touchdowns. The only reason Kyren and many more haven't got their just do is because they play 2a football. It's a matter of opinion and you granted that just as I am but to Kyren isn't d1 must make you feel better wow how shallow one can be. Also does he have d1 offers not yet has he signed. How many did you get partner.

Eslim03

Quote from: Eslim03 on December 13, 2018, 04:20:05 am

Look hogman I have no beef with you but if Kyren Batey would have went to the almighty Arkansas high razorbacks ( let me cough he would be even more recognized just because he wasn't doing like you think it should be done at a bigger school) whatever you sound like a person that once had great ability to play football and now you want to talk about one of the best to ever do it. Mr. Batey has over 5,000 yards and 89 touchdowns. The only reason Kyren and many more haven't got their just do is because they play 2a football. It's a matter of opinion and you granted that just as I am but to Kyren isn't d1 must make you feel better wow how shallow one can be? Also does he have d1 offers not yet has he signed nope. How many did you get partner? 

cuz

Quote from: Eslim03 on December 13, 2018, 04:22:57 am

If your assessment of Mr Barry's accomplishments is accurate someone needs
To follow through on Bleu's post above to get the young man credit for it.....

Wantobe

December 13, 2018, 09:24:54 am #26 Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:33:56 am by Wantobe
Thanks for the info Bleu. I'm sure King or Ivory will put his stats together and get this submitted. They've tried to help any of their athletes get as much exposure as possible. Sometimes that's difficult in 2A.

stuck in between

His stats could have been even better if not for the TX-James Bowie game that was canceled in 2017 and the Parkers Chapel game that only lasted a quarter this year.

Hogman2018

Quote from: Eslim03 on December 13, 2018, 04:20:05 am

Look hogman I have no beef with you but if Kyren Batey would have went to the almighty Arkansas high razorbacks ( let me cough he would be even more recognized just because he wasn't doing like you think it should be done at a bigger school) whatever you sound like a person that once had great ability to play football and now you want to talk about one of the best to ever do it. Mr. Batey has over 5,000 yards and 89 touchdowns. The only reason Kyren and many more haven't got their just do is because they play 2a football. It's a matter of opinion and you granted that just as I am but to Kyren isn't d1 must make you feel better wow how shallow one can be. Also does he have d1 offers not yet has he signed. How many did you get partner.
YAWN!! First of all im not ur partner! I got one more than you I promise!

Hogman2018

Quote from: Eslim03 on December 13, 2018, 04:22:57 am

Like you said I have an opinion and you have one we can leave it at that!! Hope the kid has a great careerI really do

panther07

I saw he received an OBU offer. He'll probably end up somewhere bigger, but i'd sure love to see him come up north to the good guys in Searcy and run the triple for Harding. 

Rida4Life

so the kid has an offer to get an education for free and play football...... why are we arguing over whether or not he's good enough to be a 5*. 
Congrats Mr. Batey.  You were a fantastic HS player... hope to see you do great things at the next level.

Partsman

I hope he(and lots of others) go far in whatever they choose. Hopefully Kyren's future will be in football. Would love to watch him on Saturday's.

stuck in between

Is Batey signing today or have I missed something ?

Redzone

I've been asking the same thing to multiple people. Still haven't heard anything.

Partsman

He will sign soon. Working out details.

Hogman2018

Quote from: Partsman on February 07, 2019, 07:09:27 am
He will sign soon. Working out details.
Rumor has it he is going to a Jr. College! So much for all them D-1 offers!

THA TRUTH

Best route for him.... dez Jackson did the same and they are very close in comparison

Partsman

Quote from: Hogman2018 on February 07, 2019, 09:14:08 pm
You seem really impressed with yourself. Maybe this statement makes you feel like somebody.

beach bum

February 08, 2019, 08:12:01 am #40 Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 08:18:37 am by beach bum
Quote from: Hogman2018 on February 07, 2019, 09:14:08 pm

You are lost if you don't think at least Sun Belt schools wanted him if not slightly higher level. Do you even know anything about recruiting that there is more than just the athletic side of it to be accepted into a DI school? Cause use a little common sense as to why he did not sign DI when he is obviously at least a non power 5 caliber player, but had to go the JUCO route. No need to come on here and trash a kid for struggling. But this is not the first time for you. Why do you think Mason Jones, Daryl Macon, and Jalen Barford went JUCO before the Hogs basketball team? It wasn't the sports side of it that is for sure. Stop acting petty and trashing a kid who is having to go through a little struggle. No need to judge the young man... just wish him well at JUCO, does well in class, and hopefully he transfers DI in two years.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: beach bum on February 08, 2019, 08:12:01 am
You are lost if you don't think at least Sun Belt schools wanted him if not slightly higher level. Do you even know anything about recruiting that there is more than just the athletic side of it to be accepted into a DI school? Cause use a little common sense as to why he did not sign DI when he is obviously at least a non power 5 caliber player, but had to go the JUCO route. No need to come on here and trash a kid for struggling. But this is not the first time for you. Why do you think Mason Jones, Daryl Macon, and Jalen Barford went JUCO before the Hogs basketball team? It wasn't the sports side of it that is for sure. Stop acting petty and trashing a kid who is having to go through a little struggle. No need to judge the young man... just wish him well at JUCO, does well in class, and hopefully he transfers DI in two years.

TRUTH!

some of the blame can be placed on the schools for not having these young men ready, not all, but some. they don't make sure the kid knows what hes needs, granted the kid has to assert himself, but some schools don't help much. another reason is kids don't realize that they have to start the entire making good grades and taking the right classes, before the 11th grade.

Partsman

I don't think his grades are a problem.

arkansasFBscoop

Grades are not the only reason a student-athletes goes to JUCO.  Common, uninformed misconception.

Shucker from Searcy an example, he was a full-qualifier academically but choose JUCO to get additional film and reps.  He used that semester at JUCO to earn a FCS scholarship.

Perhaps Batey is going JUCO to get more film, try to improve his offers.  Would make sense, given that he has been in Flexbone and playing out-of-position from what he'd play at collegiate level.  He is a FBS kid talent wise, IMO.

Its unfair to insinuate academic issues if you don't know, which a couple have done on this thread.

Hasbeen92

Most of the time a kid goes juco route because of grades or they didn't get the offers they were wanting from 4 year schools he also might look at prep school option what ever he does I hope he gets out of Forman I've seen a lot good athletes from that area that didn't take advantage of their athletic ability to help them in their life after sports

Partsman

Sometimes they might rather go where they can start and play in a position that they prefer instead of going somewhere else in a different position. Sometimes they might not like the record of they bigger schools also.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I don't know Kyrens situation, but I bet its a safe bet that 80-90% of the kids that go the juco route is because of grades, test scores or credits. there is nothing wrong with going that route, just as long as you don't fall into the stat of probably 70+% of juco kids never finish juco, much less get to move on to the next level.

wish him nothing but the best.

Partsman

February 08, 2019, 01:34:00 pm #47 Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 03:23:28 pm by Partsman
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 08, 2019, 12:24:53 pm
I don't know Kyrens situation, but I bet its a safe bet that 80-90% of the kids that go the juco route is because of grades, test scores or credits. there is nothing wrong with going that route, just as long as you don't fall into the stat of probably 70+% of juco kids never finish juco, much less get to move on to the next level.

wish him nothing but the best.
Never in a million years would I have thought that you would say you don't know anything.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Partsman on February 08, 2019, 01:34:00 pm
Hope they all have fun and get a good education

the education for free is whats important. I see student loan debt everyday that will NEVER get paid.

Hogman2018

Quote from: Hogman2018 on December 09, 2018, 04:54:10 pm
beach bum dont be an Idiot! Read what I posted before you say anything about me! I said he would be a good small Div-1 player. He will get a free ride to college which is great. The Foreman fans were talking how he was going to get all of these offers and I disagreed with them which I can it is a public forum. Beach go back into your room!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas