• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has anyone heard from the Warren kid that walked onto the field?

Started by Little Bear, December 11, 2017, 12:18:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Bear

Just curious as to what his story is and why he walked onto the field?  I assume he thought the game was over and just didn't understand.  Any Warren people want to elaborate?

03Badger

LAfootball fan

If he did, that would be the best thing for him this week.  Let things and tempers cool off, let teachers and administrators talk to the students, and then let him come back.  I know a lot of people in Warren were worried about retaliation against him and were trying to head that off.  Kid just made a stupid decision and he is going to have to live with that.  Hopefully others will realize that is all that it was and not hold it against him.  He didn't cause Warren to lose that game, just picked the wrong time in the game to pull that stunt. 

Old Scrapper

I'm hearing he is the nephew of Steve Bartman! it was bad timing for sure, but I don't think it had anything to do with the outcome of the game.

Gray lizard

Well a women took him down by herself so that might explain why he was not on the team.  Always remember do stupid things get stupid results.

hogfan10

Quote from: Gray lizard on December 11, 2017, 01:29:53 pm
Well a women took him down by herself so that might explain why he was not on the team.  Always remember do stupid things get stupid results.

To add insult to injury, the female officer that tackled him graduated from Arkadelphia High School.

Romeo

The kid is a minor. There's no need for any elaboration or questions on why he ran on the field. Some of the comments I've seen on social media have been very disappointing. He made a mistake, like most teenagers do. Let the kid be.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on December 11, 2017, 01:42:48 pm
The kid is a minor. There's no need for any elaboration or questions on why he ran on the field. Some of the comments I've seen on social media have been very disappointing. He made a mistake, like most teenagers do. Let the kid be.

Exactly.

Radiotalker

Quote from: 03Badger on December 11, 2017, 01:08:54 pm
i heard he got expelled.

any truth to this?

seems too harsh of a punishment IMO. Maybe a suspension, but school is about academics. The kid made a bad decision.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 11, 2017, 02:07:05 pm
seems too harsh of a punishment IMO. Maybe a suspension, but school is about academics. The kid made a bad decision.
Well I never made one but I hope he is ok and learns from his mistake. He is just a kid.

Sports Guru

December 11, 2017, 04:05:10 pm #10 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 04:34:50 pm by CrossettEagles14
Quote from: 03Badger on December 11, 2017, 01:08:54 pm
i heard he got expelled.

any truth to this?

I heard he may be Expelled. If its true maybe its for his safety.

Oldbadger

I hate to say this, but he must be held accountable in some way.  I don't know what is the best punishment, but he has to suffer a consequence.  Three day suspension with a ban from state championship sporting events Warren plays in? I can't say, but if he isn't held accountable in some way, can you imagine the copycats we could have?  No accountability, no problem!  A 16 year old is old enough to understand right and wrong, so even though he is a minor by the law's definition doesn't mean he should skate.  Doesn't have to be harsh, but should be a little painful.  He has caused a lot of other 16 to 17 year olds pain.

boss85

Does anyone know for sure exactly what the kid was doing? Also, did he come out of the stands or was he on the sideline?

Oldbadger

AirWarren saw him in the stands earlier.  So he must have come from there.  I wonder if he thought the game was over.  He doesn't play football, so he may not understand the rules.  Who knows? It would be nice to have some info on that. Might keep people from speculating so much.

Jack74

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack74 on December 11, 2017, 04:42:46 pm
Came from the stands on a $5.00 bet

That's what I suspected.

Around the end of the 3rd quarter, the announcer began to remind the crowd to stay off the field, do not storm the field etc.

Their minds got to wondering like kids do...and the bet was formed. And he took it at the most inoppertune time in a football game.

Again. Kids being kids and doing dumb crap.

Sports Guru

December 11, 2017, 05:16:51 pm #16 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:03:28 pm by CrossettEagles14
Quote from: AirWarren on December 11, 2017, 04:45:40 pm
That's what I suspected.

Around the end of the 3rd quarter, the announcer began to remind the crowd to stay off the field, do not storm the field etc.

Their minds got to wondering like kids do...and the bet was formed. And he took it at the most inoppertune time in a football game.

Again. Kids being kids and doing dumb crap.

He got 5$, but in the end hurt alot of kids on that Warren team. Yall worked hard and Burks gave it all he had that game. Good year Lumberjacks keep yalls heads up!

nastynice

The kid didn't cost Warren a victory. He should receive some kind of punishment, but definitely not expulsion! 

hogfan10

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on December 11, 2017, 05:16:51 pm
He got 5$, but in the end hurt alot of kids on that Warren team. Yall worked hard and Burks gave it all he had that game. Like Hembree said whats he supposed to tell his team in the locker room? Good year Lumberjacks keep yalls heads up!

He should have told his team they played great and that he was proud of them. That they got beat by the better team on that day. That it's hard to beat a good team with multiple penalties (mostly false starts), turnovers, etc., but regardless of the miscues they played great/fought hard and represented themselves and Warren well. But, you don't throw a temper tantrum for all to see, you should save that for a private setting (maybe a phone call to AAA).  But acting as if everything was under control and going as planned b/4 the stoppage, is just plain false and ridiculous. 3 seconds were on the clock at snap not 6 like Hembre claimed on the radio today, he was frantically trying to get his team up to the line of scrimmage, but they didn't really seem to be in any hurry. I understand being upset at that moment, but once the clock hits 0 he needs to set a better example for his players/team. If the officials had ruled differently and Warren kicked a FG, how would he and his players feel about Arkadelphia's coaches acting as he did.

Romeo

According to the Warren School Handbook, the school board only has the authority to expel a student. The superintendent makes a recommendation for expulsion and is required to give written notice to the parents. There has to be formal hearing were both sides make arguments and the board makes the decision. I don't think enough time has passed to expel him already.

STUNNA

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 11, 2017, 05:38:55 pm
He should have told his team they played great and that he was proud of them. That they got beat by the better team on that day. That it's hard to beat a good team with multiple penalties (mostly false starts), turnovers, etc., but regardless of the miscues they played great/fought hard and represented themselves and Warren well. But, you don't throw a temper tantrum for all to see, you should save that for a private setting (maybe a phone call to AAA).  But acting as if everything was under control and going as planned b/4 the stoppage, is just plain false and ridiculous. 3 seconds were on the clock at snap not 6 like Hembre claimed on the radio today, he was frantically trying to get his team up to the line of scrimmage, but they didn't really seem to be in any hurry. I understand being upset at that moment, but once the clock hits 0 he needs to set a better example for his players/team. If the officials had ruled differently and Warren kicked a FG, how would he and his players feel about Arkadelphia's coaches acting as he did.

Unless you were in the locker room you have no clue what or how Hembree acted. I know from being a former player he cares about those kids as if they were his own. heck he is a father figure for some of those kids. Unless you have been in the situation you don't know what it's like. This happens to be twice for him.

Maynard G Krebs

After the great photo by Rhonda showing the student's face went viral on the internet, it was discovered the kid was the previously unknown love child of George Lopez.  The resemblance is uncanny.  It has been reported that Lopez is concerned about his newfound son's safety and has secreted him out to LA for a joyful reunion of sorts.  Looks as if a $5 bet has been parlayed into a gold mine.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 11, 2017, 05:45:17 pm
Unless you were in the locker room you have no clue what or how Hembree acted. I know from being a former player he cares about those kids as if they were his own. heck he is a father figure for some of those kids. Unless you have been in the situation you don't know what it's like. This happens to be twice for him.

You're right I do not know what he said in the locker room, but your post asked what he was supposed to tell his team.
I could see how he acted toward our coach and team afterword; his team could see it too. I also saw his interview after the game and heard him on the radio today, it was not a good look. But, if y'all (Warren) are good with it, I guess it really doesn't matter what others think.

bigchief72455

I watched the interview as well. I can't say that I would have reacted in the same manner. Bo is human after all. He did commend Arky on a good game. I feel the same way that he did. They should have let it be settled on the field by the kids. Warren did not provide the security for the game. Either way you slice it, it is going to tarnish what should have been remembered as one of the best finals in a very long time.

hogfan10

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 11, 2017, 06:05:31 pm
I watched the interview as well. I can't say that I would have reacted in the same manner. Bo is human after all. He did commend Arky on a good game. I feel the same way that he did. They should have let it be settled on the field by the kids. Warren did not provide the security for the game. Either way you slice it, it is going to tarnish what should have been remembered as one of the best finals in a very long time.

But the game was decided on the field, after assessing the penalty they also ADDED 9 seconds to the clock. That was enough time for two plays, Badgers intercepted play #1, and took a knee on play #2.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 11, 2017, 05:55:38 pm
After the great photo by Rhonda showing the student's face went viral on the internet, it was discovered the kid was the previously unknown love child of George Lopez.  The resemblance is uncanny.  It has been reported that Lopez is concerned about his newfound son's safety and has secreted him out to LA for a joyful reunion of sorts.  Looks as if a $5 bet has been parlayed into a gold mine.
lol I appreciate your humor Maynard.... nowadays it's all serious and politically correct. Things seem a bit different than they were a year or two ago.

Nacho

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 11, 2017, 05:58:50 pm
You're right I do not know what he said in the locker room, but your post asked what he was supposed to tell his team.
I could see how he acted toward our coach and team afterword; his team could see it too. I also saw his interview after the game and heard him on the radio today, it was not a good look. But, if y'all (Warren) are good with it, I guess it really doesn't matter what others think.

I had this thought today too. If no one from Warren cares how he came across in the interviews and his "handshake" then it's not going to bother me. Not that it bothered me a lot but you know what i mean.

Trojanbird

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 11, 2017, 06:10:17 pm
But the game was decided on the field, after assessing the penalty they also ADDED 9 seconds to the clock. That was enough time for two plays, Badgers intercepted play #1, and took a knee on play #2.
VERY good point.  Something that most on here have failed to recognize!  Why was there time even added back when the whistles blew at 3 to4 seconds left?  One play only, NOT 2!

Trojanbird

Quote from: Gray lizard on December 11, 2017, 01:29:53 pm
Did you see the size of her though?  I think that she had the size advantage there!

Eaglemaniac

Missco

MCNMC

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 11, 2017, 04:08:39 pm
I hate to say this, but he must be held accountable in some way.  I don't know what is the best punishment, but he has to suffer a consequence.  Three day suspension with a ban from state championship sporting events Warren plays in? I can't say, but if he isn't held accountable in some way, can you imagine the copycats we could have?  No accountability, no problem!  A 16 year old is old enough to understand right and wrong, so even though he is a minor by the law's definition doesn't mean he should skate.  Doesn't have to be harsh, but should be a little painful.  He has caused a lot of other 16 to 17 year olds pain.

Exactly. Yes, kids make mistakes but if they don't learn from them they'll continue to make the same ones over and over. If as adults we don't punish them then we're only enabling them.

sevenof400

Quote from: MCNMC on December 12, 2017, 07:11:17 am
Exactly. Yes, kids make mistakes but if they don't learn from them they'll continue to make the same ones over and over. If as adults we don't punish them then we're only enabling them.

And that is exactly where we are failing our kids - personal responsibility has gone away.   

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 12, 2017, 07:28:26 am
And that is exactly where we are failing our kids - personal responsibility has gone away.
Hearing the young man feels bad about it. Also hear he's getting some threats.
I agree he needs some type of punishment. He was at a school function and he embarrassed the school. Most of the time, that is taking care of by detention. Suspension or expulsion shouldn't even be mentioned in this case.

sevenof400

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 12, 2017, 08:25:55 am
Hearing the young man feels bad about it. Also hear he's getting some threats.
I agree he needs some type of punishment. He was at a school function and he embarrassed the school. Most of the time, that is taking care of by detention. Suspension or expulsion shouldn't even be mentioned in this case.

Kash, I respectfully disagree with you to a point- expulsion is a bit much but a suspension is not IMO.  It has become a defacto practice for kids to say "I'm sorry" and then move on as is nothing ever happened.  Then repeat the same (or a similar) act again and again.

Perhaps the fallout from this kid's actions will serve as a reminder to others as to why they should NOT do something similar (or worse). 

Even with all of that considered, how does any of this 'put right' (meaning remediate) what happened?  I truly feel for the Warren football players who have invested countless hours of work to get to this point (within reach of the pinnacle) only to have it treated with such disdain as this student showed. 

LAfootball fan

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 12, 2017, 09:34:34 am
Kash, I respectfully disagree with you to a point- expulsion is a bit much but a suspension is not IMO.  It has become a defacto practice for kids to say "I'm sorry" and then move on as is nothing ever happened.  Then repeat the same (or a similar) act again and again.

Perhaps the fallout from this kid's actions will serve as a reminder to others as to why they should NOT do something similar (or worse). 

Even with all of that considered, how does any of this 'put right' (meaning remediate) what happened?  I truly feel for the Warren football players who have invested countless hours of work to get to this point (within reach of the pinnacle) only to have it treated with such disdain as this student showed. 

I highly doubt the kid was even thinking about what ramifications his actions would have on the team or the game.   You have never seen anything done on tv when fans have gone onto the field other than the fan getting arrested and handcuffed and led off the field.  No penalties, no ramifications to the players on the field or the teams on the field.  This game was the FIRST time a penalty has EVER been assessed to a team due to a fans actions.  I mean how many times have you seen games stopped because fans started throwing stuff onto the field?   The same thing happened, the game was stopped!  Instead of calling a penalty, he referees had the announcer make an announcement to stop, and the coach had a chance to encourage the fans to stop.   No penalty, no nothing and the team that was being threatened with a penalty had a chance to stop the behavior.  Absolute lunacy on the part of the refs to assess a penalty for that situation but it is what it is now.  That crew should NEVER call another playoff or championship game again period.  That fan being on the field is no different than fans throwing objects onto the field.  Before a team is penalized they should have the opportunity to tell their fans to quit, whether it is walking out onto the field or throwing objects onto the field.  The same result was the game being stopped in the middle of play.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LAfootball fan on December 12, 2017, 10:01:19 am
I highly doubt the kid was even thinking about what ramifications his actions would have on the team or the game.   You have never seen anything done on tv when fans have gone onto the field other than the fan getting arrested and handcuffed and led off the field.  No penalties, no ramifications to the players on the field or the teams on the field.  This game was the FIRST time a penalty has EVER been assessed to a team due to a fans actions.  I mean how many times have you seen games stopped because fans started throwing stuff onto the field?   The same thing happened, the game was stopped!  Instead of calling a penalty, he referees had the announcer make an announcement to stop, and the coach had a chance to encourage the fans to stop.   No penalty, no nothing and the team that was being threatened with a penalty had a chance to stop the behavior.  Absolute lunacy on the part of the refs to assess a penalty for that situation but it is what it is now.  That crew should NEVER call another playoff or championship game again period.  That fan being on the field is no different than fans throwing objects onto the field.  Before a team is penalized they should have the opportunity to tell their fans to quit, whether it is walking out onto the field or throwing objects onto the field.  The same result was the game being stopped in the middle of play.

I thought they story was they have no control over the fans and therefore shouldn't have been penalized? Now you want them to "warn them", which insinuates they have some control...which is it?

FYI: You shouldn't need a "warning" not to throw stuff or come out on the field. That's common sense.

hogfan10

Quote from: LAfootball fan on December 12, 2017, 10:01:19 am

If it had been handled the way YOU say it should have been, then the fan running on the field would have created an unfair advantage for Warren on the LAST play of the game. Say what you want, but I think the refs decision was about as fair to BOTH teams as it could have been.
And as a side note, they allowed Hembre to be on the field the ENTIRE game, and only assessed him one 5 yard penalty. He could have received a 15 yard penalty or ejection for his behavior on the sidelines/field.

Maynard G Krebs

I see several comments on this thread trying to shift some blame to Hembree because of the sideline warnings received.  Those calls have absolutely nothing to do with the fan interfering with the game.  Totally independent events.  Ad nauseum to say, but no penalty should have been assessed.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 12, 2017, 10:27:12 am
If it had been handled the way YOU say it should have been, then the fan running on the field would have created an unfair advantage for Warren on the LAST play of the game. Say what you want, but I think the refs decision was about as fair to BOTH teams as it could have been.
And as a side note, they allowed Hembre to be on the field the ENTIRE game, and only assessed him one 5 yard penalty. He could have received a 15 yard penalty or ejection for his behavior on the sidelines/field.

I agree. The reason we've never seen that penalty before is:

A. I've never seen a fan run on the field before the last play with the clock running
B. The Warren sidelines already had 2 penalties thrown on them during the game (the 2nd one should've been 15 instead of 5 yds.)
C. Depending on your interpretation of the rule, the refs do have the discretion to throw a penalty there

That being said, watching it live, I had no idea what they were going to do in that situation. Had that happened to my team, I would've been WAY more upset with the moron on the field than the refs. They added :08 seconds which essentially gave you 2 plays from the 23. It's not the refs fault the pass was intercepted on the first play.

Obviously, you never want to see a game end like this, but I don't know what else they could've done.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 12, 2017, 10:55:02 am
I see several comments on this thread trying to shift some blame to Hembree because of the sideline warnings received.  Those calls have absolutely nothing to do with the fan interfering with the game.  Totally independent events.  Ad nauseum to say, but no penalty should have been assessed.

So what should've been done?

Rugman15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 12, 2017, 10:57:07 am
So what should've been done?

Easy, put the ball at the original line of scrimmage.  Start the clock as soon as the ball is put down...boom.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Rugman15 on December 12, 2017, 11:00:01 am
Easy, put the ball at the original line of scrimmage.  Start the clock as soon as the ball is put down...boom.

And essentially give Warren a free timeout? I don't think so.

Rugman15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 12, 2017, 11:01:47 am
And essentially give Warren a free timeout? I don't think so.

It's not a free timeout if the clock starts when they put the ball down.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Rugman15 on December 12, 2017, 11:02:40 am
It's not a free timeout if the clock starts when they put the ball down.

They had a free timeout during the time the moron was being handcuffed and hauled away. The could've called a different play/substituted. I.E. free timeout.

Rugman15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 12, 2017, 11:05:05 am
They had a free timeout during the time the moron was being handcuffed and hauled away. The could've called a different play/substituted. I.E. free timeout.

But so did Arky if you think about it.  Both teams get a chance to call a different play and get the personal they want out there.  Pretty fair to me.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Rugman15 on December 12, 2017, 11:06:37 am
But so did Arky if you think about it.  Both teams get a chance to call a different play and get the personal they want out there.  Pretty fair to me.

Nope, not fair at all. Warren was scrambling. Just an unfortunate situation.

Rugman15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 12, 2017, 11:10:26 am
Nope, not fair at all. Warren was scrambling. Just an unfortunate situation.

They still got the snap off.  It's not like the clock was going to run out. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Rugman15 on December 12, 2017, 11:11:35 am
They still got the snap off.  It's not like the clock was going to run out.

Yes, but they tried to bring the FG team out before they assessed the penalty, which they previously not going to do on that play.

Rugman15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 12, 2017, 11:12:46 am
Yes, but they tried to bring the FG team out before they assessed the penalty, which they previously not going to do on that play.

Yes, but if they had done it the way I said in my first post where the clock starts as soon as the ball is down, would they have had enough time to get the snap off and have a clean kick on the FG?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas