• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP(FRIDAY 7:00) Greenwood vs Pine Bluff

Started by Brian G, November 24, 2017, 09:22:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think wins and who do you want to win?

Think Greenwood / Want GW
44 (43.1%)
GW/PB
18 (17.6%)
PB/PB
33 (32.4%)
PB/GW
7 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: December 01, 2017, 10:43:19 pm

Pr8hd

Quote from: redsport27 on November 26, 2017, 05:49:52 pm
How about you just let GW and PB do the talking on the field. If GW wins...congrats. If PB wins...congrats. It won't matter who got the last word on this thread in the end. Just saying...

A little advice since you are relatively new and maybe not have had the "pleasure" of enduring a thread involving GW directly ....replying and quoting some is analogous to feeding the animals at a wildlife preserve, when it's posted and all common sense clearly dictates that you shouldn't.

It may feel right, justified, and maybe even make you feel a little better. However, in the end, it only makes things worse and encourages, not discourages. Trust me.

<Now queue the reply where some names are called and/or calls me all knowing because I broke this rule and made mention in an attempt to not have the thread derail into chest thumping, name calling, etc. It's a bit like a broken record that's been playing since 2015.>

redsport27

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 26, 2017, 06:20:26 pm
A little advice since you are relatively new and maybe not have had the "pleasure" of enduring a thread involving GW directly ....replying and quoting some is analogous to feeding the animals at a wildlife preserve, when it's posted and all common sense clearly dictates that you shouldn't.

It may feel right, justified, and maybe even make you feel a little better. However, in the end, it only makes things worse and encourages, not discourages. Trust me.

<Now queue the reply where some names are called and/or calls me all knowing because I broke this rule and made mention in an attempt to not have the thread derail into chest thumping, name calling, etc. It's a bit like a broken record that's been playing since 2015.>
Where I went wrong is that I put "you just let..." I changed it to "we should just let..." I didn't really mean just him specifically. We all should just let the game be played by the players on the field. I'm neutral in this situation. I just think two teams of such good caliber, should respect each other. But you can't always get that.

Pr8hd

Quote from: redsport27 on November 26, 2017, 06:37:44 pm
Where I went wrong is that I put "you just let..." I changed it to "we should just let..." I didn't really mean just him specifically. We all should just let the game be played by the players on the field. I'm neutral in this situation. I just think two teams of such good caliber, should respect each other. But you can't always get that.

+1

I knew you were neutral and just trying to offer something.

Respect, humility, and rationale are all words some simply refuse to understand or display.
Ultimately, these words/threads mean nothing though, players and coaches will determine what happens Friday.

Jones and Bolding will have their respective teams ready to play. It ain't their first rodeo.

RD™

Game comes down to 4th quarter and execution. Just like it always does. Ignore bulldogger15

protegewill

Quote from: RD™ on November 26, 2017, 08:55:23 pm
Game comes down to 4th quarter and execution. Just like it always does. Ignore bulldogger15
++1. I agree with that 100%. Neither team truly has a clear edge over the other in this "rivalry" if you can call it that. But like you said the victor will truly be the team with the best execution. I mean let's be honest both teams have the best execution that's why they are playing for a championship. It's gonna be a tough hard fought game no matter the outcome if the history between these two teams have anything to say about it. Good Luck and Respect to both teams and fan bases. Because all players and coaches involved will bring both cause they know and have been taught that when you play a team that executes as good as these teams do, not bringing good luck and respect for your opponent will only get you beaten.

pinebluffzebra09

Lions84

High Voltage

Man I love these games, they are well coached and played well everytime. Gotta love it! GW has to have a great game offensively. Can't get behind the chains and can't take sacks or throw INT's. Gotta be able to run the ball. Defensively we have to control the line of scrimmage. I don't think this is a blow out either way. Cannot wait!

FootBallar21

Greenwood Rolls this is one of the best teams I've seen in a long time.   

GW 42
PB 14

zebradynasty

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 27, 2017, 11:56:27 am
Greenwood Rolls this is one of the best teams I've seen in a long time.   

GW 42
PB 14

So you have seen PB play this season?

BullDogFan72

It doesn't get any better than this, does it!  Another state championship game between two extraordinary, storied programs!  In the immortal words of Rick Flair, "To be the best, you've got to beat the best!".  I wouldn't want this any other way!  Best on Best, I love it!  These two teams have such great competitors and sportsmen, from their coaches to their players.  Both fan bases travel well, and support their team with a lot of excitement!  I can't wait for Friday night!  I don't think this will be a blowout for either side.  It will be a battle to the finish!  Of course, being a Bulldog fan I want and am predicting the Bulldogs in this one, but I have the utmost respect and admiration for Pine Bluff.  Everyone have safe travels to War Memorial!

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 27, 2017, 12:20:01 pm
Dude just wait lol. You have no idea what is coming. Don't waste your time coming to the game. Like I told people from West Memphis don't waste your time. Unless your coming to see your team lose.

RD™

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 27, 2017, 12:20:01 pm
I found some footage on Youtube.

D Line is solid looking.

Danold Dump

Greenwood wants it too bad...I like Pine Bluff and will be rooting for em, but I believe Greenwood will Dump on the Zebras.....Dump said it...Dump out

Hogman2018

You dont think PB wants it bad too! What a dumb statement!!

WeRFootball

Quote from: Topdog1 on November 26, 2017, 01:21:16 pm
No I don't ever post, but like to read.  You are correct, a few ignorants fans think we have every game in the bag.  Most know a game against Pine Bluff is never in the bag.   I can promise that most in Greenwood truly respect Pine Bluff.  What person in their right mind wouldn't?  I can guarantee the coaches and team do.  I've been reading post on this site for years and only recently decided to sign in.  This season I've read some of the most ignorant posts ever.  I just hope our boys don't come here to look at the childish behavior some exhibit.  With that being said, look forward to another great battle.  Hope both teams play injury free ball.   Have a safe trip to the Rock Zebras.   Can't wait for Friday night!
+1 Well said!

Baitshop

Quote from: Danold Dump on November 27, 2017, 01:33:25 pm
Greenwood wants it too bad...

Obviously the UofG didn't  want it too bad the past 4 years...smh

The Future

The 2015 title game between these two schools drew in an attendance of 12,646 people which was the 5th largest in championship game history.
Wonder if we will be able to do better this year.

Pr8hd

Quote from: The Future on November 27, 2017, 08:11:31 pm
The 2015 title game between these two schools drew in an attendance of 12,646 people which was the 5th largest in championship game history.
Wonder if we will be able to do better this year.

I would guess being on Friday that would hurt the attendance to some degree. I think Saturday is an easier day to get there. I may be wrong about that, but I know many many will be working and/or have to leave early to make that. I will be there with my family in tow and I know my son is heading there with some frat buddies. I think it will be the first title game he's attended since being on the 2012 team.

It's a special day. You can never take for granted the opportunity to see your hometown team play for a title. I know since it's being shown on KFTA locally here that will keep some at home. Win or lose it's a memorable experience....but definitely more so on the winning side.  8)

Pr8hd

Quote from: Baitshop on November 27, 2017, 07:59:53 pm

Nope, we don't want to make our Sebastian county brethren more jealous than they already are. Plus, if we win another, that's yet another thing we can claim superiority over SS on since that will make 8 football titles to SS's 7.  Will still have a ways to catch NS though. PB is on a whole other plateau as well.

You may even have to change that pregame announcement of your Mavs.    ;)

*Winning

Pr8hd

Quote from: RD™ on November 27, 2017, 12:53:09 pm
I found some footage on Youtube.

D Line is solid looking.

I watched some footage there of their game with MH, but I am not sure what, if anything, that told me. The team doesn't look as big as their 2013-2015 version. It's a big assessment if their QB has the potential to be as good (per ZD's post)  as Skelton was for them from those teams. 

sportsguy80

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 27, 2017, 08:35:33 pm
I would guess being on Friday that would hurt the attendance to some degree. I think Saturday is an easier day to get there. I may be wrong about that, but I know many many will be working and/or have to leave early to make that. I will be there with my family in tow and I know my son is heading there with some frat buddies. I think it will be the first title game he's attended since being on the 2012 team.

It's a special day. You can never take for granted the opportunity to see your hometown team play for a title. I know since it's being shown on KFTA locally here that will keep some at home. Win or lose it's a memorable experience....but definitely more so on the winning side.  8)
I think the television viewing will keep some home even though it was aired in 2015 too. I agree, the only reason I made it to that classic championship game because it was on Saturday. PB isn't far away so they will be in full force. The weather should be nice so it should be a crowd.

Pr8hd

Yeah, PB has the advantage on proximity. Fans around here in GW will have to leave work early or take part of the day off, to be there in full force on a Friday at 7pm. It's definitely a much friendlier weather forecast than it was last year.

Streaming and live broadcasts have hurt the crowds to some degree, but it is terrific for those who simply can't make it or live in far off distances. Plus, let's be honest, it's expensive for some this time of year with Christmas right around the corner and some can't afford it. AAA is pretty greedy with admission and concession prices. I know many will spend well over $100 by the time you factor all that in plus gas and dinner, more if you spend the night.

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 27, 2017, 08:35:33 pm

An Your son was a heck of a Football player! Miss seeing him out there!

zebradynasty

November 28, 2017, 12:53:16 am #74 Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 07:15:46 am by zebradynasty
Quote from: Pr8hd on November 27, 2017, 08:52:28 pm
I watched some footage there of their game with MH, but I am not sure what, if anything, that told me. The team doesn't look as big as their 2013-2015 version. It's a big assessment if their QB has the potential to be as good (per ZD's post)  as Skelton was for them from those teams. 

No, this team is not as physically imposing as teams we have in the past. The DL is decent size but the OL is not near as big as we've had. The current QB Foots IMO is further along in development than Skelton was at the same age. He's not as big as Skelton but he is a strong runner. He's also a more efficient passer and cooler under pressure than Skelton was at that age. I'll see if I can find the stats to compare their sophomore years. If Foots can improve as much as Skelton did his Jr and Sr years....he will be very special. 

High Voltage

November 28, 2017, 07:51:20 am #75 Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 07:58:18 am by High Voltage
Quote from: Baitshop on November 27, 2017, 07:59:53 pm
Greenwood wants it bad every year. At least Greenwood makes the playoffs every year and gets to the title game while SS is setting at home watching other teams and bouncing basketballs! I see you still haven't rattled that brain loose yet. Dear Lord that grease is effecting your thought process Bait!

Topdog1

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on November 28, 2017, 07:51:20 am
Greenwood wants it bad every year. At least Greenwood makes the playoffs every year and gets to the title game while SS is setting at home watching other teams and bouncing basketballs! I see you still haven't rattled that brain loose yet. Dear Lord that grease is effecting your thought process Bait!

The quote from one of your own, a Greenwood fan was, "Greenwood wants it too bad this year", you dolt!  That implies that the last 4 Greenwood teams that did NOT get it done, didn't want it bad enough.

Don't blame me for the insinuation of one of your own...

Pr8hd

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 28, 2017, 12:53:16 am
No, this team is not as physically imposing as teams we have in the past. The DL is decent size but the OL is not near as big as we've had. The current QB Foots IMO is further along in development than Skelton was at the same age. He's not as big as Skelton but he is a strong runner. He's also a more efficient passer and cooler under pressure than Skelton was at that age. I'll see if I can find the stats to compare their sophomore years. If Foots can improve as much as Skelton did his Jr and Sr years....he will be very special. 

+1

Interesting, I thought Skelton was great, beat us in 2013 and 2015 by making plays with his arm and legs. Very lofty praise in my book.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on November 28, 2017, 10:21:40 am
The quote from one of your own, a Greenwood fan was, "Greenwood wants it too bad this year", you dolt!  That implies that the last 4 Greenwood teams that did NOT get it done, didn't want it bad enough.

Don't blame me for the insinuation of one of your own...
Dang Bait, don't let it get you down. Southside may be good again someday. I think you took it the wrong way, but oh well. Have a drink and settle down bubba!

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on November 28, 2017, 03:40:42 pm
Dang Bait, don't let it get you down. Southside may be good again someday. I think you took it the wrong way, but oh well. Have a drink and settle down bubba!

Dude, I'm not the guy that needs a Preparation H IV for the butt(e) hurt spasm's when anyone doesn't toe the UofG line....

Go back to your Blue Koolaid and Copenhagen....it'll all be over, one way or the other, on Friday night...

AT

I believe this to be the most interesting matchup this week. If I had seen PB at all, I'd be comfortable making a prediction here. I'm thinking Greenwood's offense will score enough and their defense will keep PB out of the endzone enough to win. Obvious statements, but this Gwood team is very balanced.

The Future

Quote from: Baitshop on November 28, 2017, 06:38:39 pm
Dude, I'm not the guy that needs a Preparation H IV for the butt(e) hurt spasm's when anyone doesn't toe the UofG line....

Go back to your Blue Koolaid and Copenhagen....it'll all be over, one way or the other, on Friday night...

It won't  be over Friday night.
Give it a few weeks to a month afterwards. If Greenwood wins, you will congratulate Greenwood, will be asked to eat a lot ALOT of crow, and will have to listen to the Greenwood posters brag as well as the more... outspoken Greenwood posters as they claim Greenwood superiority for days afterward.
If Pine Bluff wins, us Greenwood posters will congratulate the Zebras, then we will be subjected to post after post of more of the same from Bait about how Greenwood has lost to "inferior coaches and talent" and didnt want the win badly and the like. Anytime someone posts about Greenwood, that poster can expect some clever response from you. Thing is bulldogger15 won't be around to read your posts and he's the one you want to see them.

So I guess give it til around the first of the new year. Then it'll all be over. Finally.

AT

Future, Pr8, RD, is this Greenwood team the most balanced one? I know you guys probably want to wait until the state championship game. What makes their offense sputter to start games sometimes?

I think Noland will do enough, but he will need the help of his receiving core. Are the receivers playing well? I don't seem to know any of the GW receiver names this year, which is strange.

Baitshop

Quote from: The Future on November 28, 2017, 07:00:36 pm
It won't  be over Friday night.
Give it a few weeks to a month afterwards. If Greenwood wins, you will congratulate Greenwood, will be asked to eat a lot ALOT of crow, and will have to listen to the Greenwood posters brag as well as the more... outspoken Greenwood posters as they claim Greenwood superiority for days afterward.
If Pine Bluff wins, (some of) us Greenwood posters will congratulate the Zebras (the rest will crow and cackle like hyena's), then we will be subjected to post after post of more of the same from Bait about how Greenwood has lost to "inferior coaches and talent (YOUR fans comments, not mine)" and didnt want the win badly (again, another GW poster's words) and the like. Anytime someone posts about Greenwood, that poster can expect some clever response from you. (I appreciate your deeming my comments "clever", I prefer "thought provoking, pointing to introspection") Thing is bulldogger15 won't be around to read your posts and he's the one you want to see them. (Gosh, I'm gonna miss him)

So I guess give it til around the first of the new year. Then it'll all be over. Finally. (It will never be over, and down deep you know it....there will always be 4 or 5 UofG posters that just can't help themselves ragging on other teams, fans, coaching staffs and expecting to get away with it without comment. It must be in that horrible tasting water you boys have down there)

Come on Future, your problem isn't me or anyone like me....your problem comes from within your own house. Once some in your fan base learns to win with class and be respectful of the teams that you have vanquished, you will find guys like me congratulating you on your wins and meaning it.

PHYSICIAN, HEAL THYSELF

BTW....good luck Friday night, this former Bulldog always pulls for the ol' alma mater in the big games.

Topdog1

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 28, 2017, 07:11:26 pm
Future, Pr8, RD, is this Greenwood team the most balanced one? I know you guys probably want to wait until the state championship game. What makes their offense sputter to start games sometimes?

I think Noland will do enough, but he will need the help of his receiving core. Are the receivers playing well? I don't seem to know any of the GW receiver names this year, which is strange.

Peyton Holt is #8 in the state for receiving. 1154   total yards.   If you remember the Yarnell ice cream play of the week after the G vs A game his catch and score won that week.

Overdahill

Quote from: T-Bone on November 26, 2017, 03:52:27 pm
If either team goes into this game thinking they will run away with it they will lose.  Both can play.

Agreed. I took GW in the bracket challenge but would really like to see PB win it and wouldn't be surprised either way

Pr8hd

That's a tough question IMO, most balanced ever is subjective to some degree. I think many of the GW teams don't get enough credit for being well balanced. GW's philosophy has always been to take what is there and being given to them. So if they crowd the box, loosen them up with the dink and dunk passing.  If good cover corners and secondary, then they look to run. It's never been a spread team, throw it first mentality, but I think it's easy to think that or get lulled to sleep that is what they will do. I think they have been fairly efficient especially lately starting games and putting pressure on the other team early on.

Holt is the do it all,  jack of all trades, big play receiver. Not a big guy, but very strong, great hands, and deceptively quick on the field. I'd say he, Noland, and Wood are the 3 headed monster offensively. The rest of the receiving corps is capable, mostly sure handed guys and as is expected of all GW receivers block well on the edge and downfield. Defensively as a unit, it is one of the better ones I have seen esp. in the box. I have seen a few teams get behind the secondary a little too often at times. However, they adjust very well and are also pretty fast as a unit.

It's hard for me to say this is the most of anything. Each team, has things they do well and some kinks/flaws as well. This team seems to be a little less flawed overall than most recent teams. Although, I still think that 2012 team had a little of everything and is comparable.

Baitshop

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 28, 2017, 07:44:36 pm
That's a tough question IMO, most balanced ever is subjective to some degree. I think many of the GW teams don't get enough credit for being well balanced. GW's philosophy has always been to take what is there and being given to them. So if they crowd the box, loosen them up with the dink and dunk passing.  If good cover corners and secondary, then they look to run. It's never been a spread team, throw it first mentality, but I think it's easy to think that or get lulled to sleep that is what they will do. I think they have been fairly efficient especially lately starting games and putting pressure on the other team early on.

CRJ does this better than any coach that I have seen in the state of Arkansas. I have told folks repeatedly that if Rick Jones doesn't have better athletes than you, he still has a good chance to beat you....if he has comparable athletes to you, you're gonna get beat the vast majority of times...if he has better athletes than you, the final outcome will be controlled soley by CRJ's level of benevolence that night....

The Future

Nice post Bait. +1

Lots of points and comments to hit on. I'll just keep my response short and simple.

1. So once the majority of Greenwood fans who are classy and respectable and can win and lose with class as you put it forces the small few who you believe can't win or lose with class to instantly start acting right, then and only then will you congratulate us and mean it? Well first off we can't control what people say. The whole free speech deal. If someone wants to act a certain way and type a certain thing all abiding by rules, so be it. But I figure why not congratulate and mean it to the good ones and don't worry about the bad ones. Because I'm pretty sure clumping a group together and forming a base judgment about said group is frowned upon in today's world.

2. As far as the number of "classless" people who cheer Greenwood, comes with the package. You can't be a popular team without having a huge fan base. And with any huge fan base comes the bad. Bandwagoners, poor sportsmanship fans, the fans who know absolutely nothing about the team but cheer anyway just cause they are 36-2 the last 3 years. All that. You point out any power team across any sport across any classification anywhere. And they'll show you their good fans and their handful of bad ones. If Southside had Greenwood's success since 2004, I guarantee you Southside would have it's bad fans. Just happens. But like I said. Don't clump them all together.
And even so. I'm sure the ones on here you speak of are the same as you. Great nice people who love football and like to throw little stink bombs every so often.

3. Can you show me or tell me which poster it was that said Greenwood lost to inferior talent and coaches? In those exact words? Because I'm kinda thinking you are just twisting words. Like you did with the "Greenwood didn't wanna win badly" remark. I'm pretty sure the statement made was simply "Greenwood wants it too bad this year." You chose to take that as meaning one thing and are claiming the way you took it was what was said. It could mean Greenwood wants it too bad this year just as they have the past 2 years.  Or maybe since our seniors have twice failed to bring home the gold, they have just a little bit more fire under them than the last two years. They wanted it bad the last two years. But now there's a bit more gasoline in that fire.

4. Can't we do both? Can't we congratulate Pine Bluff but at the same time be completely excited that we won state? I mean if being proud of your team and school and having some bragging rights is considered acting like hyenas then I'm pretty sure those years Southside won it all, you were quite the hyena.

And lastly. Yea our water is like Satan's dish soap!

Ok so I lied. This wasn't short and simple lol.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Baitshop on November 28, 2017, 07:56:35 pm
CRJ does this better than any coach that I have seen in the state of Arkansas. I have told folks repeatedly that if Rick Jones doesn't have better athletes than you, he still has a good chance to beat you....if he has comparable athletes to you, you're gonna get beat the vast majority of times...if he has better athletes than you, the final outcome will be controlled soley by CRJ's level of benevolence that night....
I agree. He has done a great job over the years. I honestly believe that 2015 team was very special but ran into a PB team that might have been the best in the state overall. Sometimes I think if CRJ would have made a qb change in that championship game we might had a different outcome. But who's to question a coach of his caliber. High school football fans will be in for a real treat Friday night.

The Future

Well you have got some great responses to your question. But I'll throw my couple cents in anyway.

I think what makes Greenwood so balanced is they are able to beat you by not doing what you're keeping us from doing. If you have a huge line and a great rush defense then we will air it out. If you have speedy backfielders and can keep up with our receivers and passes then we will rush for 250 yards. Just as Pr8hd hit on.

But one thing I've noticed. And I guess it has to do with a combination of many things. But we use to rely mainly on pass. I mean we had Stegall Wilson and Shook to start out Jones years here. Yea we had Ridenour (I'm sure I butchered that spelling) and Hopkins who helped when needed but the passing game was our strength. Then 2010 happened. Greenwood had its first, or closest to one, duel threat QB in Hogan. I believe Jones saw how the duel threat has worked for great teams (Kiehl Frazier anyone) and wanted to use it. Since then, we have utilized duel threat. Even formed our whole offense around 2 QBs with Burgess and Kennedy as well as Noland and Hales.

By becoming more balanced offensively it has helped us tremendously in certain games.
As far as the balanceness of this year's team, I'm with Pr8hd. That 2012 team was great. 2015 team as well. But then again this years team allows 11 points a game and has matched the 2000 title team with 4 shut outs. If we are beat this Friday, it's up for debate still. But if we are able to finish, then I'd give the nod to this years team as the most balanced in Greenwood history.

And I think the not knowing any of the receivers in a small way attributes to how balanced the offense is. Connor can sling it to anyone and anyone can get open. We don't have single clutch go to guy. We don't have a Padilla or Morgan or Staton or Harris this year. But everyone we have can ball. Holt has been great all year. Josh Barlow had a good sophomore year last year but has been a bit quiet this year. Look for him to make noise next season.

The Future

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 28, 2017, 08:23:41 pm
I agree. He has done a great job over the years. I honestly believe that 2015 team was very special but ran into a PB team that might have been the best in the state overall. Sometimes I think if CRJ would have made a qb change in that championship game we might had a different outcome. But who's to question a coach of his caliber. High school football fans will be in for a real treat Friday night.

Lots of what if's from that game lol.

Jones said in an interview I believe after the 2006 or 2010 state games after winning on a 2 point conversion that he'd rather win or lose the game on one play.
When it was 4th down and we punted that was one of the very few calls I've really questioned from him. I figure if we don't get it, we still have to hold them to a 3 and out anyway so what's to lose.
But like you said. I'm sure he felt it was the right call.

I woulda loved to have seen Pine Bluff play against the top 7A teams that year. That team was so good. And Skelton was a beast.

Baitshop

Quote from: The Future on November 28, 2017, 08:19:52 pm
Nice post Bait. +1

Lots of points and comments to hit on. I'll just keep my response short and simple.

1. So once the majority of Greenwood fans who are classy and respectable and can win and lose with class as you put it forces the small few who you believe can't win or lose with class to instantly start acting right, then and only then will you congratulate us and mean it? (It's not me that doesn't mean it. But, of course I don't lose sleep at night over whether not a group of 16-18 year olds win a football game on Friday night.) Well first off we can't  c--ontrol what people say. The whole free speech deal. If someone wants to act a certain way and type a certain thing all abiding by rules, so be it. (Then, if that is true, why are you and I having a conversation? Am I not acting and typing in certain ways, all the while abiding by the rules? Why do you and HV, and BD15 and BD44 worry about my opinions, or better yet, why do you need to rebuke and rebutt my posts?) But I figure why not congratulate and mean it to the good ones and don't worry about the bad ones. (So, you're saying ignore those that you feel disrespect you, your team, your coaching staff, and your town? Pot meet kettle.) Because I'm pretty sure clumping a group together and forming a base judgment about said group is frowned upon in today's world. (Does the phrase "Cowards of Crawford County" ring a bell with you?)

2. As far as the number of "classless" people who cheer Greenwood, comes with the package. You can't be a popular team without having a huge fan base. And with any huge fan base comes the bad. Bandwagoners, poor sportsmanship fans, the fans who know absolutely nothing about the team but cheer anyway just cause they are 36-2 the last 3 years. All that. You point out any power team across any sport across any classification anywhere. And they'll show you their good fans and their handful of bad ones. If Southside had Greenwood's success since 2004, I guarantee you Southside would have it's bad fans. (Moot point, Southside hasn't had anything that looks like a string of "good", at least to Southside's standards, in a while) Just happens. But like I said. Don't clump them all together.
And even so. I'm sure the ones on here you speak of are the same as you. Great nice people who love football and like to throw little stink bombs every so often. (Whoever told you that I was a "great nice person" lied to you....I am a bitter, underachieving, egg flipper that is eaten up with jealousy and should just sit down and stay in my lane....those are not my words either)

3. Can you show me or tell me which poster it was that said Greenwood lost to inferior talent and coaches? (Go back and look at the first loss to Eldo and the PB loss that ended the streak. Also note the comments from the Eldo and PB posters) In those exact words? Because I'm kinda thinking you are just twisting words. Like you did with the "Greenwood didn't wanna win badly" remark. I'm pretty sure the statement made was simply "Greenwood wants it too bad this year." You chose to take that as meaning one thing and are claiming the way you took it was what was said. (Yes, that is correct, his words not mine) It could mean Greenwood wants it too bad this year just as they have the past 2 years.  Or maybe since our seniors have twice failed to bring home the gold, they have just a little bit more fire under them than the last two years. (Those kids that didn't "bring home the gold" the two years before that...did they lose because of their lack of wanting it?) They wanted it bad the last two years. But now there's a bit more gasoline in that fire.

4. Can't we do both? Can't we congratulate Pine Bluff but at the same time be completely excited that we won state? (You tell me, go back and read the game threads from your last 2 or 3 Championship game threads and tell me if you all congratulated the team that you beat or were beaten by, kinda like the baseball State Championship game that you lost a few years ago and half of the GW team didn't shake the other teams hands) I mean if being proud of your team and school and having some bragging rights is considered acting like hyenas then I'm pretty sure those years Southside won it all, you were quite the hyena. (So you are saying that if you are winning Championships then acting like an rump is ok and should be tolerated?)

And lastly. Yea our water is like Satan's dish soap! (FINALLY, common ground!)

Look, let me say it again, 75% of the UofG posters are rational....it's that 25% that are determined that all will bow to the power of the Dog that make your fan base look like your water tastes. Just act like you've been there before and be respectful of the other team, their fans, towns, coaching staffs etc. It's not that hard....at least for most of us.

And to make sure that we stay on topic here...good luck to the UofG this Friday

RD™

The #1 Weapon Greenwood has is Touchbacks. Unless you're Pulaski Academy it is tough as nails to march 80 yards. zebradynasty has PB seen kickoffs go into End Zone much this season?

zebradynasty

Quote from: RD™ on November 28, 2017, 09:39:35 pm
The #1 Weapon Greenwood has is Touchbacks. Unless you're Pulaski Academy it is tough as nails to march 80 yards. zebradynasty has PB seen kickoffs go into End Zone much this season?

Not really but it's not like we have a strong return game anyway. Long drives don't bother us too much as long as we can run the ball.

PressBox-81

Trying to do a little research before the big game.  Do any of know if either team have linemen that go both ways?  I see it more in the smaller classifications but no so much in the 6A and 7A.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on November 28, 2017, 09:07:38 pm
Look, let me say it again, 75% of the UofG posters are rational....it's that 25% that are determined that all will bow to the power of the Dog that make your fan base look like your water tastes. Just act like you've been there before and be respectful of the other team, their fans, towns, coaching staffs etc. It's not that hard....at least for most of us.

And to make sure that we stay on topic here...good luck to the UofG this Friday

This is rich coming form you sir. Back in the day when SS was relevant all you did was put down other programs, week in and week out. I can pull up the threads if you want about how GW wasn't "Big Boy" football and how we were little brother to SS. Well, after getting your tail handed to you for several years now it's finally getting to you. And to be clear it wasn't just GW you put down. We all want our teams to win and all cheer in different ways. Some go over board for sure, but you are as guilty as anyone in years past. I think you are one of two things, either a closet GW fan and don't want to admit it or you really want GW to lose badly. Either way you are no different than anyone else on here.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on November 28, 2017, 06:38:39 pm

HAhahahahahahahaha, you need more than prep H buddy!

maxswine

If Greenwood wins and I come on here and say, "Congrats to Greenwood.  They caught lightening in a bottle this year."  Would any Greenwood fans be offended at that?

;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas