• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conference records in 2017 playoffs

Started by NWA Hawg, November 12, 2017, 01:04:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

November 12, 2017, 01:04:31 pm Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:55:27 am by fann07
Conference records in playoff games after week 1

2A-3 (5-3) Earle and Salem still alive
2A-7 (5-3) Mount Ida and Foreman, still alive
2A-8 (3-4) CHG Still Alive
2A-4 (3-4) Danville still alive
2A-5 (3-4) Conway Christian still alive
2A-6 (3-4) Hazen still alive

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Looks like bout every one will be around 4-3 after Friday. The 7 may be 5-3

beach bum

Crazy balance across the board. It's going on in 4A too... I haven't taken the time to look at 3A. It's kind of nice to see some balance in the early rounds.

big E

2aball

Kind of funny that the 3 has the most teams left after round 1 when everyone always calls them the weakest conference. I think that can be put to bed now. Good showing early in the playoffs this year, pretty good showing last year as well. Earle and CC both advanced to round 3, Salem knocked out a 1 seed last year as well and had to face CC in round 2. EPC gave Foreman all they wanted and lost on a last second FG after a 5 hour bus ride. Definitely haven't been the weakest conference the past 2 seasons. If I'm not mistaken, CC went to the semi's 2 seasons ago. Also, Earle, if they play up to their potential, is probably the most talented team in the state this year. I don't see anyone beating them if they are firing on all cylinders.

littleman

I think Earle is a semi final team at best, Rison, Mt. Ida, CHG, are just as talented and MT. IDA knows how to beat a team with more speed ask Hampton.

BO_KNOWS

They got us last year . They was the best team.

bdubyab60

Quote from: littleman on November 13, 2017, 07:04:34 am
I think Earle is a semi final team at best, Rison, Mt. Ida, CHG, are just as talented and MT. IDA knows how to beat a team with more speed ask Hampton.
Yeah but Earle can at least complete a forward pass.

Hgalum50

bdubyab60

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 13, 2017, 08:28:04 pm
You think HG can't?
Talking about MT. Ida stopping Hampton last year. They didn't throw much

Hgalum50

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 13, 2017, 08:31:47 pm
Oh gotcha guess I need to focus on my context clues!

M.I. D

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 13, 2017, 08:31:47 pm

They never attempted a pass. Why throw the ball when you don't have to?

bdubyab60

Quote from: M.I. D on November 14, 2017, 10:51:13 am

They never attempted a pass. Why throw the ball when you don't have to?
The Point is, that if you are able to throw the ball out to that speed it is a little harder to stop. You can't just sit on the run.

So in this case Mt Ida was able to key on basically one guy, Thomas. Hampton was not a threat to throw. There's a difference in having a couple fast kids and having 7 that you can spread out. Not saying it can't or won't be stopped just saying it's a little harder when you can do more than run the ball. Where Thomas would tuck and run Bohannon will zip it 20 yards downfield to a receiver that mind you is faster than Bohannon. Bohannon may be the 3rd or 4th fastest kid on that team. Biggest issue with Earle is penalties and dropped passes.

Bohannon is a QB that can run, not a RB playing QB. Hampton tried to do what Strong did. They put the best athlete, Dixon, at the QB position and let him carry them to a title. Hampton came up short in their attempt with Thomas.

I understand if you can shove it down someone's throat all game why do something else. Well Earle isn't built that way the speed isn't coming from one or even two guys. They get it to guys out in space quickly and let them do the rest.

Keep Earle from making big plays is the key to beating them.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: fann07 on November 12, 2017, 01:04:31 pm
Conference records in playoff games after week 1

2A-3 (5-3) Earle and Salem still alive
2A-7 (5-3) Mount Ida and Foreman still alive
2A-8 (3-4) CHG Still Alive
2A-4 (3-4) Danville still alive
2A-5 (3-4) Conway Christian still alive
2A-6 (3-4) Hazen still alive

For all the talk about the 8 and how great they are, only 1 team made the final 8. Could it be that the 3 and 7 were at least just as good as the 8.

owl84

Is Fordyce and JC going to be in the 8 next year?

eldofan

I said when someone started this thread wait to this week . Well it shows the 8 is no better than any conference . Besides CHG and Rison everyone else was average . Hats off to Danville bc that was a good Rison team .

eldofan

Quote from: owl84 on November 18, 2017, 11:58:05 am
Is Fordyce and JC going to be in the 8 next year?
Yes . CHG and Rison go to 3A

owl84

November 18, 2017, 12:07:53 pm #17 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 12:12:33 pm by owl84
Yep, Rison is going to be in our conference with Barton. I guess CHG will be in the conference with Fouke and Genoa

couch-coach06

November 18, 2017, 08:31:11 pm #18 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:33:09 pm by couch-coach06
I think the 8 is still one of the tougher conferences depth wise .. I'm from the 7 it was a two horse race mineral came on late and played some good ball down the stretch and mountain pine could put up some points but played no D .. the 8 had 5 real good teams the only upset was Hampton too mineral .. the rest got put out by higher seeded teams .. don't get me wrong I still get sick of hearing about it and especially the love affair in rankings and stuff.   But there are fewer give me games in that conference than most

Eslim03

How bout the 7 now. Two teams left in the final four!!!

tacklethis...

Quote from: Eslim03 on November 25, 2017, 02:34:23 am
How bout the 7 now. Two teams left in the final four!!!

And some teams that didn't make the playoffs in 7 gave Foreman a tougher game than you had last night against a conference winner.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 25, 2017, 03:32:24 am
And some teams that didn't make the playoffs in 7 gave Foreman a tougher game than you had last night against a conference winner.

not by looking at final scores?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas