• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison at PA

Started by PA Dad, November 10, 2017, 09:42:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

PA Dad

Yellowcake

Any of you a Goblin fans going to introduce yourself Friday night? Love to meet one or all.

Go Postal

November 12, 2017, 09:43:12 pm #53 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:46:30 pm by Go Postal
I just hope that the Motown and 'Dale fans like my story at the end of page one about the left path (lower bracket, wink, wink, nudge, nudge).  B.G. too.  I know IYG will and my buddy, PB.

the voice

It's completely fine with me. No worries. You'd fought for our seed I know lol

InYoGrill

Postal, that was a GREAT story! What  kind of mojo water flows from MO to Harrison? Crazy imagination you have!

Go Postal

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 12, 2017, 09:50:26 pm
Postal, that was a GREAT story! What  kind of mojo water flows from MO to Harrison? Crazy imagination you have!

Deuceswild

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 12, 2017, 09:41:42 pm
Any of you a Goblin fans going to introduce yourself Friday night? Love to meet one or all.
I will likely be wearing a #2 on my hoodie, or u can usually hear me after a bad call😂as small as your visitor section is, i might just prop myself behind the home side in the comfy chairs so i can haggle the Bruins. I luv to be "That Guy"

PA Dad

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 12, 2017, 10:51:23 pm
I will likely be wearing a #2 on my hoodie, or u can usually hear me after a bad call😂as small as your visitor section is, i might just prop myself behind the home side in the comfy chairs so i can haggle the Bruins. I luv to be "That Guy"

We really should do a meet and greet.  I love meeting the posters on here.

I propose that we meet at the goalpost in the east end zone at 6:50.  Any takers?

Deuceswild

I will be there, we can send the pic to Postal since he's on the IR for the year. But u gotta post it, I'm not on that level yet, haha

PA Dad

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 12, 2017, 11:00:40 pm
I will be there, we can send the pic to Postal since he's on the IR for the year. But u gotta post it, I'm not on that level yet, haha

We need someone smarter than me to do that.  I can't even take a photo much less post it.  But surely someone will come who can do that.

Who else is in?

Yellowcake

Far out. I will be there.
Funny thing is, I don't know a single of the PA posters on here. Looking forward to meeting them and some of our Goblin friends, and hopefully other fans/posters who come for the game.

Perfect idea PAD.

Deuceswild

Oh this just in, Dupree Swanson and Brandon Chambers just moved to Harrison, they should be eligible to play this Friday, 😂😂😂😂

PA Dad

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 12, 2017, 11:06:03 pm
Far out. I will be there.
Funny thing is, I don't know a single of the PA posters on here. Looking forward to meeting them and some of our Goblin friends, and hopefully other fans/posters who come for the game.

Perfect idea PAD.

I'll try to remember to have a sign that says FF posters.  Actually, it will probably just be a piece of paper.

Yellowcake

I'll be in cowboy boots and I wear glasses.

PA Dad

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 12, 2017, 11:13:53 pm
I'll be in cowboy boots and I wear glasses.

What about the other Harrison and PA posters?

Deuceswild

I only know a few of them but one will be in the booth calling the game and the others rarely post but read everything, i will bring who I️ can round up whoever is available if they go. My son did a similar thing last week at lakeside, those kids swapped helmets for a pic, it was an awesome experience.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 13, 2017, 12:08:59 am
I only know a few of them but one will be in the booth calling the game and the others rarely post but read everything, i will bring who I️ can round up whoever is available if they go. My son did a similar thing last week at lakeside, those kids swapped helmets for a pic, it was an awesome experience.

When this meeting occurs, be prepared for JessieP and MDXPHD to photobomb the event.😳😳😳

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 13, 2017, 07:24:55 am
When this meeting occurs, be prepared for JessieP and MDXPHD to photobomb the event.😳😳😳

I wouldn't photo bomb anything, I'd be right there in between the other posters! Why do you and Dad keep grouping me with Jessie?!

Maynard G Krebs

November 13, 2017, 07:48:09 am #69 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:50:11 am by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 13, 2017, 07:44:21 am
I wouldn't photo bomb anything, I'd be right there in between the other posters! Why do you and Dad keep grouping me with Jessie?!

Because you both are posters from Independence County. I shall refrain from grouping you with him henceforth.  Also you would be welcome to be in the photo shoot {it may make me look less hideous ;) }

Go Postal

November 13, 2017, 07:50:53 am #70 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:49:39 am by Go Postal
I have seen Harrison and PA boys play Basketball together, the one that comes to mind is the last time where PA makes the winning basket a couple of seconds before the start of the fifth overtime. :o
I have seen them in boys and girls Soccer also.  One game comes to mind, PA boys pull the win in a muddy downpour at Harrison in '07 during the Semi finals game to keep Harrison boys from a chance of going and winning a 6-peat State Championship.
Then there's the PA girl's in two of 3-peat Harrison girls Championship wins in the last three years.
I'm not sure of all the other sports, but those are just a few that I remember.
I thought that these two towns haven't played Football against each other, but I found this on fearlessfriday's  records.
Harrison vs Pulaski Academy
Current Record: 1-1-0
Date
2004  W, GOBS 24 - 16 L Bruins
2005  L, GOBS 14 - 38 W Bruins

So I guess that this is the Goblins chance in Football to stop the Bruins marching toward their 4-peat.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 13, 2017, 07:48:09 am
Because you both are posters from Independence County. I shall refrain from grouping you with him henceforth.  Also you would be welcome to be in the photo shoot {it may make me look less hideous ;) }

So is intelligentsia! And I'm technically from beautiful Jackson county.

Unfortunately, if I make a trip anywhere this weekend I'll be heading to Wynne. Maybe PA and Nettleton can win so I can catch the game the following weekend.

Maynard G Krebs

November 13, 2017, 08:00:29 am #72 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:02:20 am by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 13, 2017, 07:56:02 am
So is intelligentsia! And I'm technically from beautiful Jackson county.

Unfortunately, if I make a trip anywhere this weekend I'll be heading to Wynne. Maybe PA and Nettleton can win so I can catch the game the following weekend.

All this time, I had you pegged as a resident of Oil Trough

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 13, 2017, 08:00:29 am
All this time, I had you pegged as a resident of Oil Trough

Lol, good to know! Surprised you didn't guess thida...

STBruin

Quote from: PA Dad on November 12, 2017, 10:55:56 pm
We really should do a meet and greet.  I love meeting the posters on here.

I propose that we meet at the goalpost in the east end zone at 6:50.  Any takers?

Sounds like a plan!!! See you at the goalpost....

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on November 12, 2017, 11:19:26 pm
What about the other Harrison and PA posters?

I'll be anchored in harbor off Cabo; somebody has to babysit Maynard's yacht while he is at the game  8)

Sasquatch71

This should be a great HS football game.  Lets face it these are high school teenagers so both teams can lose games.  You never know what to expect from kids.  I do expect a hard hitting football game.  Being from Harrison I obviously hope for a Goblin win but more than anything I am excited to watch a first class ball game.  Best of luck to both teams. GO GOBS!!!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PA Dad on November 10, 2017, 09:42:46 pm
The West won the first round handily.  Now it gets harder.

Harrison made an impressive comeback from a 21-0 deficit against Lakeside.  They are really clicking on offense.  I expect them to score against PA.

The PA defense looked better than it has all year tonight.

Can Harrison throttle the PA offense?

This should be a good game.
PA could score in the 100's in this game. Should be a lot of possessions with both teams style of play.

Go Postal

November 13, 2017, 12:34:19 pm #78 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 12:35:59 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Overdahill on November 13, 2017, 10:35:13 am
I'll be anchored in harbor off Cabo; somebody has to babysit Maynard's yacht while he is at the game  8)

Maynard, I'm not sure if that's a good idea.  Remember what happened to your cousin Gilligan.

Overdahill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 13, 2017, 12:34:19 pm

Maynard, I'm not sure if that's a good idea...

Nice, Ginger AND MaryAnn  8)

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Go Postal on November 13, 2017, 12:34:19 pm

Maynard, I'm not sure if that's a good idea.  Remember what happened to your cousin Gilligan.

If you noticed, I'm not in the photo..it's because I took the photo (Kodak Instamatic)

Elvis Hoggoblin

I will be pretty busy at 6:50.  I'll try to look for a couple of you before I go on the air around 6.

The Goblins need to score touchdowns on at least 4- five to six minute drives.  Limit penalties.  Win turnover battle (hopefully +3).
If so....Goblins win 48-47.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on November 13, 2017, 03:08:41 pm
I will be pretty busy at 6:50.  I'll try to look for a couple of you before I go on the air around 6.

The Goblins need to score touchdowns on at least 4- five to six minute drives.  Limit penalties.  Win turnover battle (hopefully +3).

Recovering all onside kicks and stopping some 2-pt conversions works well also....AND, if you happen to get lucky enough to force them to punt once or twice that helps also.

Go Postal

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on November 13, 2017, 03:08:41 pm

Somebody tell Marty to start warming up the dice.

Go Postal

Goblins score easily on The Bruins 1st squad.

PA fans be like...

Harrison fans be like...

Yellowcake

Scoring easily on the first squad to cut the PA lead to 35-7 isn't really going to be that big of a deal...... ;D

Go Postal

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 13, 2017, 04:55:41 pm
Recovering all onside kicks and stopping some 2-pt conversions works well also....AND, if you happen to get lucky enough to force them to punt once or twice that helps also.
After watching PA in the last game, I learned that it is not illegal for a player with Jersey# 50-79 to carry the ball.  Click the link below to see the rules.  I just wondered why more high schools beside PA doesn't do this more often when you need that 1 or 2 yards.

https://wilson.engr.wisc.edu/rsfc/intro/johnson.shtml

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Go Postal on November 13, 2017, 04:57:00 pm

Somebody tell Marty to start warming up the dice.

Community is the 2nd most underrated show ever.

Not much to say about the game - if Harrison plays like they did against us, they could upend PA.  They are pretty stout up front and play good, disciplined defense in the secondary.

walkingguy72396

The big guys fumble and the timing is off.  That's why.

PA Dad

I think PA wins this game if, and only if, they are focused.  They were not focused in the Parkview game and could have easily lost that game.

Even if they are focused I don't see this as an easy win for PA.  I think Harrison will make it a close contest and I hope they do.

Go Postal

November 14, 2017, 07:40:54 am #90 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:59:17 am by Go Postal
PA fans think that the game will be like this...

PA fans checking the scoreboard and see that this is good close game and finally get their monies worth...

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 12, 2017, 09:41:42 pm

Heard you  were pretty.

Lanny

PercussionMan

Quote from: Go Postal on November 14, 2017, 07:40:54 am
PA fans think that the game will be like this...

PA fans checking the scoreboard and see that this is good close game and finally get their monies worth...

Go Postal....I have no idea how you do some of this stuff, but it's great....and comical.  Keep it up!!

Paw-Paw

Harrison Game Plan Going Into Friday Night:

Overdahill

Deuceswild

Quote from: Lanny on November 14, 2017, 09:52:06 am
I may attend this game.
You should bring us all fearless Friday T-shirt's 😬. We might let you in the picture😂

Go Postal

That was fantastic, Paw-Paw.

South 45

Some of you guys have some serious tech skills. Good stuff!!!

Go Postal

Harrison fans be like...

PA fans be like...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas