• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next 7A school to split?

Started by friscokid, November 10, 2017, 12:45:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

High Voltage

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 29, 2017, 01:06:07 pm
Which lawsuit are you referring to?  Who's suing who?
The contractors are suing the city. That lawsuit is still on the books.

High Voltage

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 29, 2017, 01:09:22 pm
You said "Fort Smith" would find a way to "screw it up" referring to a new high school.  The city government of Fort Smith won't decide if we build a new high school.  And the school district didn't get into the sports complex debacle.
Lol, splitting hairs here huh? The school system in Fort Smith will find a way to screw up the new school or the current ones as well. The city has and will find new and better ways to screw up the city as well. Does that clear it up for you?

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on November 21, 2017, 04:32:00 pm
http://www.4029tv.com/article/businesses-sue-fort-smith-after-not-being-paid-for-work-at-sports-complex/9258677

Keep shaking your head, maybe your brain will rattle loose and start working. But knowing your history in such matters you will just sit idly by and watch the world go by doing nothing. ;D

*Baitshop shakes his head vigorously*

As has been widely reported, and stated in the article in the link, the City of Fort Smith gave $1,000,000 to Files and Lee as contractors on the project. Files and Lee didn't pay the subs so the subs are suing the deep pockets aka City of Fort Smith.

Common sense and a tad of business acumen would serve you well here.

This ain't south Sebastian County where a school board is caught trying to pay ALL of a certain coaches insurance in a back room deal meant to not get out to the hundreds of other GWISD employees that were not being treated the same. And....at least Fort Smithians can drink the water out of our faucets. I will give you this though in regards to the city of Greenwood, at least you fellas were finally smart enough to elect a guy like Doug Kinslow as mayor.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: High Voltage on November 29, 2017, 02:28:12 pm
The contractors are suing the city. That lawsuit is still on the books.
Multiple contractors are suing the city in a single lawsuit?  Can you name the lawsuit so I can look it up and read it?  so and so V. City of Fort Smith?

High Voltage

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 29, 2017, 04:20:00 pm
Multiple contractors are suing the city in a single lawsuit?  Can you name the lawsuit so I can look it up and read it?  so and so V. City of Fort Smith?
The lawsuit is mentioned in the article. Derek Allison is the lawyer representing the contractors.

High Voltage

November 30, 2017, 10:31:05 am #55 Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:34:14 am by High Voltage
Quote from: Baitshop on November 29, 2017, 04:14:00 pm
*Baitshop shakes his head vigorously*

As has been widely reported, and stated in the article in the link, the City of Fort Smith gave $1,000,000 to Files and Lee as contractors on the project. Files and Lee didn't pay the subs so the subs are suing the deep pockets aka City of Fort Smith.

Common sense and a tad of business acumen would serve you well here.

This ain't south Sebastian County where a school board is caught trying to pay ALL of a certain coaches insurance in a back room deal meant to not get out to the hundreds of other GWISD employees that were not being treated the same. And....at least Fort Smithians can drink the water out of our faucets. I will give you this though in regards to the city of Greenwood, at least you fellas were finally smart enough to elect a guy like Doug Kinslow as mayor.

Still hasn't rattled loose yet huh? And read the rest there bubba! The city of Fort Smith are the "OWNERS" and are ultimately responsible. The city can and are I believe suing Files and his partner, but the contractors are suing the city. Either way Bait, and even you are not stupid enough to not understand how this makes the city of Fort Smith look. Nice try at trying the diversion to water problems. Nice, but this does come from a guy that thinks it was a great move to go for two on the first possession and lose by one! Hahaha, trophies ain't won in September Bait, especially in "Big Boy" football! Keep trying to hide Fort Smith's many problems Bait, you ole closet Greenwood fan you! We know you luv us! Oh and maybe you guys should try the insurance thang, your record may not be 3-8. ;D

@bringbackbarry
@insuranceforall
@3-8getsaparticipationtrophy
@teardownbensonsfornorthside

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: High Voltage on November 30, 2017, 10:31:05 am
Still hasn't rattled loose yet huh? And read the rest there bubba! The city of Fort Smith are the "OWNERS" and are ultimately responsible. The city can and are I believe suing Files and his partner, but the contractors are suing the city. Either way Bait, and even you are not stupid enough to not understand how this makes the city of Fort Smith look. Nice try at trying the diversion to water problems. Nice, but this does come from a guy that thinks it was a great move to go for two on the first possession and lose by one! Hahaha, trophies ain't won in September Bait, especially in "Big Boy" football! Keep trying to hide Fort Smith's many problems Bait, you ole closet Greenwood fan you! We know you luv us! Oh and maybe you guys should try the insurance thang, your record may not be 3-8. ;D

@bringbackbarry
@insuranceforall
It's an interesting approach by the subcontractors.  In the private world if a subcontractor wasn't paid by a contractor for work done on a house, for instance, they could file a lien against the property, but they would sue the contractor.  Not the homeowner. 

but it is a lesson.  Get lien waivers from everybody that might have picked up a hammer on your project.

High Voltage

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 30, 2017, 10:50:55 am
It's an interesting approach by the subcontractors.  In the private world if a subcontractor wasn't paid by a contractor for work done on a house, for instance, they could file a lien against the property, but they would sue the contractor.  Not the homeowner. 

but it is a lesson.  Get lien waivers from everybody that might have picked up a hammer on your project.
Good point, and may have already happened.

Baitshop

November 30, 2017, 12:34:42 pm #58 Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:43:57 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: High Voltage on November 30, 2017, 10:31:05 am

@bringbackbarry
@insuranceforall

Corrupt school board vs. 2-point conversion....dude, you gotta get out of south Sebastian County...nevermind, I don't think that you would survive in the real world outside of the UofG commune.

#rickwillbegonesoon
#anythingforfootball
#showmeyourrunneruprings
#bringbackL&J
#cantdrinksludge
#fixyourtrafficproblem

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on November 30, 2017, 12:34:42 pm
Corrupt school board vs. 2-point conversion....dude, you gotta get out of south Sebastian County...nevermind, I don't think that you would survive in the real world outside of the UofG commune.

#rickwillbegonesoon
#anythingforfootball
#showmeyourrunneruprings
#bringbackL&J
#cantdrinksludge
#fixyourtrafficproblem

See, now who don't know what they are talking about. The insurance was through the Foundation numb nutts. As for surviving outside, I' retired so I just take it one day at time brutha! I know you can't see past Jeff's tail but the two point thing was just plain stupid.

@Bringbackbarry
@Bensonsforsale
@SSneedsacoach
@CJWshouldgosoon
@Baitdontknowbo
@3-8
@trafficproblemsucksbad

Baitshop

November 30, 2017, 04:09:00 pm #60 Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:11:18 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: High Voltage on November 30, 2017, 12:59:27 pm
See, now who don't know what they are talking about. The insurance was through the Foundation numb nutts. As for surviving outside, I' retired so I just take it one day at time brutha! I know you can't see past Jeff's tail but the two point thing was just plain stupid.

@Bringbackbarry
@Bensonsforsale
@SSneedsacoach
@CJWshouldgosoon
@Baitdontknowbo
@3-8
@trafficproblemsucksbad

I DO know exactly what I am talking about, and how the whole thing went down from beginning to end.....ol' Bait is way more connected than you think. Probably more than you....

#bensonsISforsaleyoucantaffordit
#CRJleavesyourintrouble
#draintheswampwater
#firedaintretired

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on November 30, 2017, 04:09:00 pm
I DO know exactly what I am talking about, and how the whole thing went down from beginning to end.....ol' Bait is way more connected than you think. Probably more than you....

#bensonsISforsaleyoucantaffordit
#CRJleavesyourintrouble
#draintheswampwater
#firedaintretired

Well, you are not very connected then bubba cause it was going to go through the foundation. I promise you are not more connected than I am as far as the Foundation and Greenwood football, haha, that's funny. Stick to the Reb, errr sorry the Mav's. We don't want your losing ways down here. Your Old high school coach and girlfriend don't count as connections.

@Retiredisrelaxing
@wouldnotwantadilapidatedgreasetrap
@swampwatersucks
@CJWleavesMavsmaywin

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas