• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 chatter thread

Started by HorseFeathers, October 23, 2017, 02:41:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 25, 2017, 07:24:50 pm
Is this sack??? Uh ohhhh

This is what happens when you get bored arguing from one angle and decide to introduce a new one...

thebigman3

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on October 25, 2017, 07:31:13 pm
So we are better than y'all in everything but sr boys but your program is better. Got ya. Now that I know the criteria you're absolutely right. Your program is better because of one of four teams being better.
I thought that's what we was talking about, but okay I can go onto who has a better program. How many rings do your girls have? How many rings to your boys have? How many district championships do your Juniors have? I understand your loyal and all to your eagles and yeah y'alls girls beat us this year. If you remember the junior boys game only 2 starters got to play the whole game cause the other 2 were in foul trouble and didn't play good at all. I think next game between those teams will be a fun one to watch.

thechampchamp

GFWS is absolutely terrible at basketball. I don't care who sees it. No good. lets just go to numbers on this one. GFWS has how many state titles? I can only think of one. Maybe I'm wrong but numbers don't lie. No one on here can truly mean it when they say anyone is better than guy. How many state titles do they have? I'll let you answer that one yourself. And how many losses in the past 3 years? Talk about consistency?? I believe if they went 39-1 2 years ago. 37-4 last year (not 100% on that one but I'm sure I'm pretty close) PLUS ANOTHER STATE TITLE, and they have started off 3-0 this year. If that's not consistent then idk what is

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thechampchamp on October 25, 2017, 08:36:49 pm
GFWS is absolutely terrible at basketball. I don't care who sees it. No good. lets just go to numbers on this one. GFWS has how many state titles? I can only think of one. Maybe I'm wrong but numbers don't lie. No one on here can truly mean it when they say anyone is better than guy. How many state titles do they have? I'll let you answer that one yourself. And how many losses in the past 3 years? Talk about consistency?? I believe if they went 39-1 2 years ago. 37-4 last year (not 100% on that one but I'm sure I'm pretty close) PLUS ANOTHER STATE TITLE, and they have started off 3-0 this year. If that's not consistent then idk what is

What'd they do the year before Ballard moved in?

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 25, 2017, 08:37:30 pm
I can't wait to hear Chimpchump give some more stars!  He really knowes Guy tradishun

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 25, 2017, 08:37:30 pm
You can't really say that cause Minton and Spires were in 9thgrade still and the little point guard moved to a greenbrier for like one semester.

Backboard Shattered

What was that record?  All he is wondering thanks in advance

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on October 25, 2017, 08:51:01 pm
What was that record?  All he is wondering thanks in advance
I couldn't tell ya the record the year before he moved.

BannerMountainMan

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 25, 2017, 10:50:31 pm
8-18
Well I know we had a move in from gb that year as well, and he started. but i'm sure y'all wasn't fussing then😂

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 25, 2017, 11:22:00 pm
Well I know we had a move in from gb that year as well, and he started. but i'm sure y'all wasn't fussing then😂
I'm here to provide stats, I'll let Sack and BBS do the finishing touches on this argument

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 25, 2017, 10:50:31 pm
8-18

Almost didn't qualify for district tournament that year....😉

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 25, 2017, 11:22:00 pm
Im sure everyone was laughing because y'all had a bad move in year 😂.  Typically get better move ins than that 8-18.  And Bay has been ripped many of years for doing the same.  Bay and Guy very very similar.  Good ball players that aren't good enough to win at their own school transfer to a school with other move ins and try and win a ring.  I understand but at least some schools do it the right way in walks the 83 Crew! 

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on October 26, 2017, 05:32:05 am
Im sure everyone was laughing because y'all had a bad move in year 😂.  Typically get better move ins than that 8-18.  And Bay has been ripped many of years for doing the same.  Bay and Guy very very similar.  Good ball players that aren't good enough to win at their own school transfer to a school with other move ins and try and win a ring.  I understand but at least some schools do it the right way in walks the 83 Crew!
which mean you'll have long stretches of bad teams like right now but y'all will be on top again someday BBS it's just a matter of time and it will feel well accomplished to do it right

thebigman3

y'all are talking about one bad year we've had.. schools are gonna have bad years. but at the end of the day, who's on top? Your on here talking abt one bad year we've had when GFWS has had a good year when?😂 and plus, quit living in the past. Y'all have a state championship from 30 years ago. and you still talk abt it. Cause y'all ain't ever won anything else. and HF everyone gets to go to district no matter the record. May have to play a play in game but still it's apart of district. y'all go through a lot of trouble just to make Guy look bad. I've given credit to GFWS and any other team that deserves it. I just don't understand why you can't give it to Guy.

thechampchamp

Ive began to notice that no one can say anything bad about our record for the past 3 years... all you got is "move ins" we have explained the reasoning they have moved in and you guys ignore it. Your literally just mad because guy is winning. Your mad because guy has dominated over the years. Its just like the NBA. I wouldnt ever compare highschool basketball to the NBA but come on you guys are making it sound like high school has a free agency and these kids are moving around or being traded just to create super teams. Give it up. Let the kids play ball, and if your kids dont win, tell them to work harder and make them want to win more. Dont give them credit just for being on the team and not doing anything, make them work. Stop making excuses on why you guys havent won a state title in 30 years or even just a few years. Guy made 0 excuses when they lost in the state semis 2 years ago. They got hungrier, worked harder, and won it the next year. This was after losing their best player, and not having any move ins from the previous year.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 25, 2017, 04:38:16 pm
Since this is the score thread, not the "Guy, Kirby, Bay, and many others recruit" thread I'll try and keep it short.  Kirby's move ins over the last 5 years have involved teachers moving from centerpoint to Kirby which are 7 miles apart. A dad who's kids weren't happy with the coaching decision move to a school 11 miles from their other school. (Which they live in between) and another who moved from acorn, his dad moved to Kirby over a year ago and he moved to be with his father. Now that you know those facts. Is it the programs fault? Is it the triple A for allowing school Choice if you move by a certain date? Is it the parents faults for doing "what they think is best for their child".

Rumor has it Coach Smith from Kirby had Twins hoping to have double state champions. Then he moved to Kirby to start the recruiting process. He got in contact with all the local dads in the area of non basketball schools. Said hey develope your kid at another school and then move him to the only school that's been in a state championship in the last 20 years in the Tri county area.

I'm sure it's his fault huh? Dang move ins are killing the game. I watched Murfreesboro (10 miles from Kirby) play dierks (12 miles from Kirby) and it looked like a bad Jr high game. To bad they didn't recruit better. I know what their selling points would be "We see your son is good at basketball. We know Kirby up the road plays about 15 more games a year than we do, but hey, we have football"

That's seems like some really fortunate circumstances for Kirby. Just admit it banner, Kirby has benefited from more "move in's and "circumstances" like those mentioned above both boy's and girl's wise then anyone in the state in the past 5 to 10 years. Every year they are getting the best girls or boy's player in the conference to "move-in." if only we could all be so lucky. Kirby just don't get a bad rap because they don't ever win it whereas the Bay's and Guy's do. When 4 of you top 6 players "moved in" in the past 2 years from conference schools where they went anywhere for 8 to 10 years, it does throw up a red flag. It's no big deal. I don't blame Kirby or the kids. I would move my kid to Kirby if I lived around there to and wanted to win. All i'm saying is let's not act like these are all fortunate circumstances. Also, What roads are you taking to get to Caddo Hills from Kirby in 11 miles (18-20 miles), Murfressboro in 10 miles (15 miles), and Dierks in 12 (around 26). I travel that region a little and I'm just looking to save some miles on these magical roads. 

allprosports101

October 26, 2017, 09:20:22 am #67 Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 09:24:14 am by allprosports101
players that arnt good enough to win at there own school? Mt Vernon had the drive last year they where a really good team and tipton was the star. They even beat guy last year they just fell short to a terrible team which can happen to anyone. and the move in from Conway was amazing player but wasn't even the best player until maybe his last year there and then came to guy to spend his last year with his brother and to win and that's exactly what he plans to do if u see the drive in eyes when he plays ball I mean the kid had 37 last game and 31 the game before they work good as a team so as a fan my advice to all the other schools watch out because guy Is coming full speed.

SackAttack

Quote from: thechampchamp on October 26, 2017, 08:30:05 am
Ive began to notice that no one can say anything bad about our record for the past 3 years... all you got is "move ins" we have explained the reasoning they have moved in and you guys ignore it. Your literally just mad because guy is winning. Your mad because guy has dominated over the years. Its just like the NBA. I wouldnt ever compare highschool basketball to the NBA but come on you guys are making it sound like high school has a free agency and these kids are moving around or being traded just to create super teams. Give it up. Let the kids play ball, and if your kids dont win, tell them to work harder and make them want to win more. Dont give them credit just for being on the team and not doing anything, make them work. Stop making excuses on why you guys havent won a state title in 30 years or even just a few years. Guy made 0 excuses when they lost in the state semis 2 years ago. They got hungrier, worked harder, and won it the next year. This was after losing their best player, and not having any move ins from the previous year.
Make them work are you kidding me. Have you seen one of Hutchs practices??? He simply has better players!! And for the record Ill admit I havent seen one personally but I have asked some of his parents and former players. there is no consistent work being done in that gym. Case in point---- hes going to take two players that were dang good before they got there -players that put in the necessary work under another coaches dedication and guidance and effort and use those players to have another run at another championship. Yeah buddy sounds like great coaching to me. There will be lots of development going on in that gym. Wonder what their junior high record is over the last say 20 years. id venture about .500 probably less than the schools that try to do it with homegrown talent.

In 2007 or 2008 Guy Perkins senior girls were pulled out of the state tournament by the AAA for using ineligible players. Played all season. Admin knew it. Hutch knew it. Cheating all season with full knowledge. In 2012 The district coaches petitioned the AAA into an investigation of ineligible players being played on the senior boys teams. Said players were deemed ineligible because of grades(?????). Admin knew it. Hutch knew it. Players knew it. parents knew it. Cheating all season with full knowledge!!  Win at all costs I believe is what they call it these days. These are approximations on the dates and years as my source couldnt recall the actual years but nobody can dispute it happened! So when everthing gets on board and above board Ill stand up and applaud. My grandpa used to say If it walks like a duck quacks like a duck and smells like a duck its probably a duck. If that went over your head Ill explain in more detail!

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on October 26, 2017, 09:47:30 am
Make them work are you kidding me. Have you seen one of Hutchs practices??? He simply has better players!! And for the record Ill admit I havent seen one personally but I have asked some of his parents and former players. there is no consistent work being done in that gym. Case in point---- hes going to take two players that were dang good before they got there -players that put in the necessary work under another coaches dedication and guidance and effort and use those players to have another run at another championship. Yeah buddy sounds like great coaching to me. There will be lots of development going on in that gym. Wonder what their junior high record is over the last say 20 years. id venture about .500 probably less than the schools that try to do it with homegrown talent.

In 2007 or 2008 Guy Perkins senior girls were pulled out of the state tournament by the AAA for using ineligible players. Played all season. Admin knew it. Hutch knew it. Cheating all season with full knowledge. In 2012 The district coaches petitioned the AAA into an investigation of ineligible players being played on the senior boys teams. Said players were deemed ineligible because of grades(?????). Admin knew it. Hutch knew it. Players knew it. parents knew it. Cheating all season with full knowledge!!  Win at all costs I believe is what they call it these days. These are approximations on the dates and years as my source couldnt recall the actual years but nobody can dispute it happened! So when everthing gets on board and above board Ill stand up and applaud. My grandpa used to say If it walks like a duck quacks like a duck and smells like a duck its probably a duck. If that went over your head Ill explain in more detail!
That girl did not even play but like a minute in a game and she was not an asset as to even why that team was good!! and in 2012 I'm pretty sure Coach Hutch wasn't coaching the boys, but I don't even know what our talking about honestly, cause I don't remember anything big happening that year. And if its "win at all costs" then you really think if Hutch knew about it he would play an ineligible kid? Don't be stupid. You talk about all kinds of things you think you know, and you said it yourself, you've never been to a practice so don't even tell me about that, but if you want to come to one you more than welcome!! and maybe you'll see why Guy is defending State Champs! Like I said, kids at Guy have it drilled in their heads that their not supposed to lose.

ZacAttack

If the sole purpose of high school basketball was to win championships, only 10-20 coaches would keep their jobs every season.  Here is the AAA Mission Statement:  The mission of the Arkansas Activities Association is to promote the value of participation in interscholastic activities in the AAA member schools and to provide services to the schools in a fair and impartial manner while assisting and supporting their efforts to develop thinking, productive, and prepared individuals as they become positive, contributing citizens modeling the democratic principles of our state and nation.  I don't see winning at all costs in there.

I'll give Guy credit for their OUTSTANDING record the last 3 seasons, but when 2-3 very good players from other schools decide to move in to the area, you SHOULD have an outstanding record.  Creating "super teams" destroys the competitive balance and rewards these "super teams" for something they should be doing.  It's like those participation trophies everybody gets at Field Day!

If a student decides to change high schools to improve his educational chances, I applaud their desire to make themselves better.  IF it was that important to move, I believe participation in sports should take a back seat; sit out the year if the move was really that necessary.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ZacAttack on October 26, 2017, 11:02:13 am
If the sole purpose of high school basketball was to win championships, only 10-20 coaches would keep their jobs every season.  Here is the AAA Mission Statement:  The mission of the Arkansas Activities Association is to promote the value of participation in interscholastic activities in the AAA member schools and to provide services to the schools in a fair and impartial manner while assisting and supporting their efforts to develop thinking, productive, and prepared individuals as they become positive, contributing citizens modeling the democratic principles of our state and nation.  I don't see winning at all costs in there.

I'll give Guy credit for their OUTSTANDING record the last 3 seasons, but when 2-3 very good players from other schools decide to move in to the area, you SHOULD have an outstanding record.  Creating "super teams" destroys the competitive balance and rewards these "super teams" for something they should be doing.  It's like those participation trophies everybody gets at Field Day!

If a student decides to change high schools to improve his educational chances, I applaud their desire to make themselves better.  IF it was that important to move, I believe participation in sports should take a back seat; sit out the year if the move was really that necessary.

At least they aren't like Mountain Pine and getting local girls to marry potential star players to get them elgible..

http://katv.com/news/local/vows-to-victories

OB11

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 26, 2017, 11:09:22 am
At least they aren't like Mountain Pine and getting local girls to marry potential star players to get them elgible..

Wow...I'm assuming that this has happened before somewhere along the line or else there probably wouldn't be a rule about it.

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 26, 2017, 11:09:22 am

That's crazy

Backboard Shattered

Way to give Guy another way to move in players because their Jr programs aren't great

thebigman3

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on October 26, 2017, 01:02:07 pm
Way to give Guy another way to move in players because their Jr programs aren't great
This again?.. really?

thebigman3

I'm ready for the Kirby - Nevada game

BannerMountainMan

;D  ;D :'(

Batman44

What I want to know is this: who are the contenders and who are the pretenders this year?
I'm lookin for one or two teams to follow.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Batman44 on October 26, 2017, 02:47:01 pm
What I want to know is this: who are the contenders and who are the pretenders this year?

Follow Guy....ICC...or Kirby...that's my 2 cents

Backboard Shattered

Who is this legend?  Just want to say I have missed Batman44!  Love ya dude

BannerMountainMan

is Timbo a contender or Pretender?

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 26, 2017, 04:40:22 pm
is Timbo a contender or Pretender?
I wouldn't say contender, but I think they'll be good. I think they'll beat SS tonight.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 26, 2017, 05:25:49 pm
I wouldn't say contender, but I think they'll be good. I think they'll beat SS tonight.

Southside is 1-4 with their lone win being rural special...

I had some stuff about them being good this year....but maybe they're transfers went home?

Hero of Twin Groves

Yes, if we beat y'all sorry teams tell those kids that have went to school there since kindygarden to work harder. That's all we do at guy is come in and put in work. We can't help it unfortunate circumstances forced kids to move here. Maybe other coaches shouldn't be so dang hard to play for!

BigLion10

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on October 26, 2017, 05:48:39 pm
Yes, if we beat y'all sorry teams tell those kids that have went to school there since kindygarden to work harder. That's all we do at guy is come in and put in work. We can't help it unfortunate circumstances forced kids to move here. Maybe other coaches shouldn't be so dang hard to play for!
It's kinda funny every year there's a few kids apparently who have unfortunate circumstances and end up at Guy

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on October 26, 2017, 05:52:23 pm
It's kinda funny every year there's a few kids apparently who have unfortunate circumstances and end up at Guy

Kinda like the SW Christian of 1a public schools 🙄

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 26, 2017, 05:37:00 pm
Southside is 1-4 with their lone win being rural special...

I had some stuff about them being good this year....but maybe they're transfers went home?
They lost the Mathews brothers

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 26, 2017, 06:56:05 pm
They lost the Mathews brothers
surprised they didn't head down south east to GP

Batman44

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 26, 2017, 03:37:13 pm
Follow Guy....ICC...or Kirby...that's my 2 cents
Thanks, looks like it will be Guy.
I'm sure that will ruffle a few feathers, but----not trying to.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 26, 2017, 07:02:17 pm
surprised they didn't head down south east to GP

Heard they headed a little further south to Greenbrier....maybe Guy calls them up to the show next year?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 26, 2017, 07:06:06 pm
Heard they headed a little further south to Greenbrier....maybe Guy calls them up to the show next year?
I believe that's where they started out at

Moonshiner

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 26, 2017, 07:06:06 pm

I saw what you did there.  😂

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 26, 2017, 07:27:15 pm
I believe that's where they started out at
Thwy have never went to Guy.

BannerMountainMan

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 26, 2017, 09:25:49 pm
im talking about Greenbrier
Oh yeah, they went to Greenbrier their whole lives besides the one year they went to SS.

SackAttack

+83 bro

HorseFeathers

Putting this thread in time out for now since some can't seem to help themselves...

Brian G

Yep.  I told you folks not to infect other threads with this crap.  You will lose the other one designed for that as well as posting privileges.

We're just getting started.  We ain't having this all season.

HorseFeathers

Anyone watching a good game tonight?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas