• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad News For Mena

Started by SportsReporter, October 19, 2017, 05:54:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsReporter

Bad news for the Mena Bearcats if they happen to have had any hope left for this season. Star player on both sides of the ball, Justin Dean, is said to have broken his hand last week against Arkadelphia and won't be playing this week against Nashville for sure. Dean has been the light to a rough Mena offense this year. He's a known powerhouse is Bearcats County and also visited the Arkansas Razorbacks earlier in the season. Prayers and best of wishes to Dean for a quick recovery.

PrivateLesson

Sad to hear that for the young man.  Prayers for a fast recovery.  He's a very good player.

Maybe they have someone who can step in? 

SportsReporter

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 19, 2017, 06:17:38 pm
Sad to hear that for the young man.  Prayers for a fast recovery.  He's a very good player.

Maybe they have someone who can step in?
Thye just too hope that #4 Stephens can step it up a notch and continue to play good football.

SportsReporter

Word is that Dean will be back on the field for the Bearcats against Robinson.

Lizard47

Had a linebacker teammate of mine with that injury back in the day. Coaches put a tennis ball in his palm taped his hand put a knee pad top and bottom finished taping it off. Looked like a lightbulb, he played and destroyed folks. It was beastly I'm just sayin.

gameoflife

Quote from: Lizard47 on October 19, 2017, 07:19:16 pm
Had a linebacker teammate of mine with that injury back in the day. Coaches put a tennis ball in his palm taped his hand put a knee pad top and bottom finished taping it off. Looked like a lightbulb, he played and destroyed folks. It was beastly I'm just sayin.

that move might get you a lawsuit now a days.

modder

Quote from: SportsReporter on October 19, 2017, 06:53:16 pm
Word is that Dean will be back on the field for the Bearcats against Robinson.
Broken thumb. Happened early second quarter vs Arkadelphia and didn't miss a play. He got three pins put in to hold it in place. Long shot to play again this season but he's got a lot more football ahead of him. You can bet if there was any way he could get away with it he'd be on the field tomorrow night.

Lizard47

Quote from: gameoflife on October 19, 2017, 07:49:59 pm
that move might get you a lawsuit now a days.

He wanted to play and we needed him, he was being a man. I know thats a foreign concept for a lot of folks these days. We had an o-lineman play most of the season with a fracture in his foot-ankle area. He wanted to win conference and go as far as we could in the playoffs. He was a senior and we needed him. Dr. said it was him and his dad's choice. I don't think we would have made it to the quarters without him. This is what folks mean when they say "who wants it more"

Lizard47

Quote from: modder on October 19, 2017, 08:00:03 pm
Broken thumb. Happened early second quarter vs Arkadelphia and didn't miss a play. He got three pins put in to hold it in place. Long shot to play again this season but he's got a lot more football ahead of him. You can bet if there was any way he could get away with it he'd be on the field tomorrow night.

Sounds about right, generally the team studs are pretty tough customers.

Nacho

That's too bad. He's an awesome player.

justafan33

I want to see Dean score a hundred on the Cobras

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas