• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sainsbury Gettin D1 Offers

Started by springdalesmitty, October 19, 2017, 12:22:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gameoflife

October 19, 2017, 07:41:04 pm #50 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 07:44:25 pm by gameoflife
D1 athletes have to usually pass the eye test.  Look like a D1, as Badger indicated, height, weight, speed relative to position and overall 40 or 60.  I would disagree slightly about baseball pitchers, that's kind of like real estate, location, location, location, if the kid has great control he may make it with a little less heat.  Many high school football players are too small, too slow, don't have a good weight room background and those things keep them out of D1.  It's simply a numbers game, there are so many players that all are about the same, and not just from Arkansas, but nation wide.  Coaches take the best of the best they can get and numbers are a big part of that. Plus they have to be able to qualify academically. But there is nothing wrong with a kid going 1A or D2 , D3 or juco.  Its about playing because very few get to.  I think the number s about 2-3%

Oldbadger

Quote from: gameoflife on October 19, 2017, 07:41:04 pm
D1 athletes have to usually pass the eye test.  Look like a D1, as Badger indicated, height, weight, speed relative to position and overall 40 or 60.  I would disagree slightly about baseball pitchers, that's kind of like real estate, location, location, location, if the kid has great control he may make it with a little less heat.  Many high school football players are too small, too slow, don't have a good weight room background and those things keep them out of D1.  It's simply a numbers game, there are so many players that all are about the same, and not just from Arkansas, but nation wide.  Coaches take the best of the best they can get and numbers are a big part of that. Plus they have to be able to qualify academically. But there is nothing wrong with a kid going 1A or D2 , D3 or juco.  Its about playing because very few get to.  I think the number s about 2-3%
I agree^.

Rugman15

Regardless I hate threads like these. 

Here is one thing I do know about Sainsbury...he's a good kid that works and plays hard everyday.  He was one of our leaders we got around in baseball, and I personally think he is a great guy, one of the best examples at school. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: springdalesmitty on October 19, 2017, 03:22:11 pm
Yes, My name is Winn Sainsbury dipshcit

That's a horrible last name dude!  I'd look at getting that changed.  I think you can go to the county courthouse and file some paperwork or something.  But seriously, not good!

sevenof400

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 19, 2017, 04:01:40 pm
I think they're calling Howard Univ. D1, which technically FCS schools are now. But I still consider them 1-AA... maybe I'm just old.  :)

Maybe?

If you have to ask...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 20, 2017, 10:12:07 am
Maybe?

If you have to ask...

I wasn't asking, that was rhetorical...46 isn't old at all.  :)

sevenof400

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 20, 2017, 10:21:01 am
I wasn't asking, that was rhetorical...46 isn't old at all.  :)

46 - that is YOUNG! 

I stand corrected...

bigchief72455

Quote from: Rugman15 on October 19, 2017, 09:46:02 pm
Regardless I hate threads like these. 

Here is one thing I do know about Sainsbury...he's a good kid that works and plays hard everyday.  He was one of our leaders we got around in baseball, and I personally think he is a great guy, one of the best examples at school.
As long as he is happy with the school he choses it shouldn't matter. It ultimately helps take the young man to an education and later career. I know a lot of guys that went D1 and did not amount to squat after. From what I have read he should find success where ever he goes. Best of luck to him.

RyanLR

If you wanna see what a legit D1 athlete looks like check out Treylon Burks at Warren.

Oldbadger

Anyone know the 40 time for Burks.

AirWarren

October 20, 2017, 04:31:09 pm #60 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:36:38 pm by AirWarren

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6207706/59dae353ab92a70a305d16e1

6'3 215
Last I heard he ran 4.65 40 yard dash according to some publications.
He anchored the 400M relay team last spring.

Oldbadger

Quote from: AirWarren on October 20, 2017, 04:31:09 pm

6'3 215

That's fast enough.  I figure he will develop into a tight end or RB.

Trackhawk

Quote from: beach bum on October 19, 2017, 02:33:45 pm
He will get DI offers when DI schools decide to offer him... Until then don't set a kid up like this to be criticized like this cause I don't really find it fair of you to start a thread like this. Just let him be a kid and enjoy being a really good high school player right now. Let college coaches make the decision whether he is DI or not.
Thanks a bunch for this comment.  That's the last thing kids need to think about (college ratings) until the season is over.  I salute your wisdom.

STUNNA

Stansburt got offered by Henderson yesterday

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on October 23, 2017, 08:21:03 am
Stansburt got offered by Henderson yesterday

Great program. Great offer.

gameoflife

Quote from: AirWarren on October 20, 2017, 04:31:09 pm

6'3 215

4.65 means 4.70 in reality.  Not that fast for D1.  Tight end maybe. Put on more weight and not loose speed?  May even be a goal line back, but I doubt an everyday back at that level. 

gameoflife

Actually I have lots of clues.  Are you implying he's reallly fast?

STUNNA

Rugman15

Quote from: gameoflife on October 26, 2017, 02:09:26 pm
Actually I have lots of clues.  Are you implying he's reallly fast?

Ah I was once like you game.  Thought I knew all the facts without seeing it.

Guess what I saw when I actually got to see Burks...

Someone who is reallllly fast. 

I would go watch him in person first before making assumptions. 

STUNNA

He will be a Wide receiver wherever he decides to go to school. Don't let a timed 40 fool your eyes.

gameoflife

I didn't say he wouldn't get an offer, I said he will not be an everyday back, I should have said a starting back but I'm sure a bright person like you understood that.  My point is the 4.65. in High School is going to slow to 4.7 or may slightly worse in college and even more in NFL if you get there.  Obviously something different going on in taking times between the three.  Couple of studies done on that over the past and the times almost always get worse.  Bad timing proceedure?

gameoflife

Quote from: STUNNA on October 26, 2017, 02:18:43 pm
He will be a Wide receiver wherever he decides to go to school. Don't let a timed 40 fool your eyes.

Oh yeah, because recruiters don't look at stats.  That's not to say that great hands and superior pattern running won't get you noticed, but the conversation was about speed. BTW, 4.65 really isn't fast for a wide receiver.  It's ok but not great. Look up some times!

STUNNA

Quote from: gameoflife on October 26, 2017, 02:21:13 pm
Oh yeah, because recruiters don't look at stats.  That's not to say that great hands and superior pattern running won't get you noticed, but the conversation was about speed. BTW, 4.65 really isn't fast for a wide receiver.  It's ok but not great. Look up some times!

If recruiters were worried abt his speed he wouldn't have the offers he has.. lol... he will have an offer from every big school in the country by the time he's done with school. He is a man among boys on the field. He is a once a decade type player. And he's just a junior.

gameoflife

Obviously you are impressed!  Neither here or there to me that he does or doesn't.  Im just commenting on speed.  I'll try to look him up next February and see what comes of him.  Send me an PM and let me know.

STUNNA

Quote from: gameoflife on October 26, 2017, 02:32:50 pm
Obviously you are impressed!  Neither here or there to me that he does or doesn't.  Im just commenting on speed.  I'll try to look him up next February and see what comes of him.  Send me an PM and let me know.

Are we even talking about the same athlete? I am speaking about Burks who is a junior and a top 10 receiver in the country for the 2019 class.

gameoflife

I think so.  Like I said, you are talking he's really fast.  I'm just saying he's average.

STUNNA

Quote from: gameoflife on October 26, 2017, 02:37:46 pm
I think so.  Like I said, you are talking he's really fast.  I'm just saying he's average.

Who has mentioned anything about him being a blazer? Lol

gameoflife

Think back, you gave stats, I said that's not that fast.  You said,"you don't have a clue".  So that meant something else other than you think the kids real fast?

Rugman, BTW I've seen really fast.  4.65. ain't it.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: STUNNA on October 26, 2017, 02:10:36 pm
Ole miss offered Burks today

Ole Miss is offering almost anyone nowadays! 

STUNNA

Quote from: gameoflife on October 26, 2017, 02:51:22 pm
Think back, you gave stats, I said that's not that fast.  You said,"you don't have a clue".  So that meant something else other than you think the kids real fast?

Rugman, BTW I've seen really fast.  4.65. ain't it.

the other non sense you were spewing is what caused me to say you had no clue.

STUNNA

STUNNA

I've seen really fast also... and I would guess 6'3 215lbs running a 4.6 would be considered fast. Not blazing fast but fast enough. And I would guess he will get faster as he gets older and gets into a college weight program.

prHOG13

40 times can vary depending on the surface and wind. Go watch the Warren/Prairie Grove game film and tell me he's average speed. Kid is an absolute monster and I hope the Hogs can hire a coach this offseason to reel him in

Also, Holtgrewe at Pea Ridge was also offered by Henderson State on Sunday

gameoflife

Quote from: STUNNA on October 26, 2017, 03:00:37 pm

the other non sense you were spewing is what caused me to say you had no clue.

What nonsense?  you need to be more specific.  It was all pretty basic. 

STUNNA

Quote from: gameoflife on October 26, 2017, 04:44:31 pm
What nonsense?  you need to be more specific.  It was all pretty basic.

The part where you mentioned a border line 5* receiver being a goal line running back.. lol.. he will play WR at the college level. At his size he can get away with running a 4.6

gameoflife

you guess wrong, most put on weight and get slower.  It's a fact look it up.  I mentioned it earlier.  Sure a few get faster but not most.
You can find it on the internet, not hard to do. 
Or the 4.65 is really 4.7?  That's how guys who know speed talk about speed, if you are 4.65 or slower they round up, they are looking at say 4.29 which was the fastest receiver in the combine a year or so ago.  Or maybe he may be a TE, happens all the time a kid gets moved. His height and 215 already may lead there.  A big back type, 6'3" in high school and 215, that's if the weight is not fudged, is pretty big and usually can carry another 25-50 lbs no sweat.   A goal line back?  Same reason, pack on the lbs and send him in for close contact work.

gameoflife

PGHog, speed is speed.  I've seen world class sprinters run so I've seen real speed.  4.65 is ok, even a little more impressive running in HS when most kids are barely breaking 5.0 on the field.  Which is the other thing, you two ever heard of functional speed?

gameoflife

Quote from: STUNNA on October 26, 2017, 04:49:00 pm
The part where you mentioned a border line 5* receiver being a goal line running back.. lol.. he will play WR at the college level. At his size he can get away with running a 4.6

Thats you best guess.  You may be correct.  I was just laying out the things that happen on the way to the college field.  But don't tell me he's fast for a college receiver.  Heck they recruit DE's and LB'S that run that.. He better catch every thing they throw at him or one of those 4.29 guys will come along and take his spot. but I wish him luck.

STUNNA

Quote from: gameoflife on October 26, 2017, 04:54:27 pm
Thats you best guess.  You may be correct.  I was just laying out the things that happen on the way to the college field.  But don't tell me he's fast for a college receiver.  Heck they recruit DE's and LB'S that run that.. He better catch every thing they throw at him or one of those 4.29 guys will come along and take his spot. but I wish him luck.

So are all these college coaches wrong on their evaluation?

gameoflife

Do you know how many recruits they see, talk too, send information, tell em how great they are?  You do know they offer more kids than scholarships?

STUNNA

Quote from: gameoflife on October 26, 2017, 05:16:46 pm
Do you know how many recruits they see, talk too, send information, tell em how great they are?  You do know they offer more kids than scholarships?

They sending fake offers to the #7 wr in the nation for 2019? Lol

nastynice

Just because someone (and I'm not referring to anyone specific) is getting offers from D1 doesn't mean they're a D1 player..

STUNNA

Quote from: nastynice on October 26, 2017, 05:32:04 pm
Just because someone (and I'm not referring to anyone specific) is getting offers from D1 doesn't mean they're a D1 player..

I would agree with this. Their are kids that are busts all the time. And kids that are combine warriors and get offers based on how they test at camps.

STUNNA

I've seen a lot of talented wide receivers come out of Warren and in my opinion he is the best and he is an underclassman still.

jimbojack

Game- just hush. You are embarrassing yourself.  Truly----not a faint clue. He was last timed as a soph. Even then, he ran by lots of DB's that reported 4.4-4.5 times. I would GUESS that he's in the 4.5 range now.

Also, send me a link to this study where athletes get slower in college (this ought to be good).

AirWarren

Quote from: jimbojack on October 26, 2017, 06:29:05 pm
Game- just hush. You are embarrassing yourself.  Truly----not a faint clue. He was last timed as a soph. Even then, he ran by lots of DB's that reported 4.4-4.5 times. I would GUESS that he's in the 4.5 range now.

Also, send me a link to this study where athletes get slower in college (this ought to be good).

I'll take a warrenites assessment of a D1 WR over some north arkansas yahoo who thinks Woody Wilson was a D1 athlete any day.

Not to mention rivals.

OLDSCHOOL82

Holy smokes at some posts.  Burks...is special.  And when I say special I'm not meaning "special" like some posters on ff!!  Slower as they go in college?  Awesome statement.  Yea, those in charge of strength and conditioning, along with the dietician at the college level have no clue how to maximize muscle mass weight gain with maximizing the use of their fast twitch muscle fibers!!

beach bum

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 26, 2017, 11:00:40 pm
Holy smokes at some posts.  Burks...is special.  And when I say special I'm not meaning "special" like some posters on ff!!  Slower as they go in college?  Awesome statement.  Yea, those in charge of strength and conditioning, along with the dietician at the college level have no clue how to maximize muscle mass weight gain with maximizing the use of their fast twitch muscle fibers!!

Exactly, thank you for bluntly saying what I wanted to....... People actually need a certain level of muscle mass in general to have true sprinter speed in the first place. You rarely see guys with a distance runner body running 4.6 or faster. It happens, but rarely. It takes a lot of pure muscle mass to be super explosive.

gameoflife

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/3/1/4038740/2013-nfl-combine-high-school-40-yard-dash-times

Jimbo, let me help you out..  Only one getting embarassed is you and your lack of knowledge.  Oh and it's HS vs College as I had said earlier but the same type thing happens in college as well.  Here's your link.  There are some other articles as well, if you know how to look. You should know what you are talking about before you try to insult someone.  The entire discussion was the 4.65 speed.  I really don't care what he runs, but you guys need to get out more and see how fast makes someone really fast.  Try looking it up some time, I'm sure you'd be amazed. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas