• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 8 Championship Predictions

Started by SportsReporter, October 18, 2017, 09:58:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsReporter

Just a few weeks away from playoff football, so who ya'll got going all the way and winning it at War Memorial? I'm going to go with Coach Eskola's Senators at Joe T. Robinson. They've beaten some pretty talented teams in the 7-4A, I think they've got it.

LJ06

Quote from: SportsReporter on October 18, 2017, 09:58:26 am
Just a few weeks away from playoff football, so who ya'll got going all the way and winning it at War Memorial? I'm going to go with Coach Eskola's Senators at Joe T. Robinson. They've beaten some pretty talented teams in the 7-4A, I think they've got it.

Yep heard it all last year too

STUNNA

I'll take Warren... coaching is key and they have the best in 4A... to go along with the best player in the state. My honest opinion is Warren is very beatable.. but unless you have a legit passing game or an elite qb I don't think they will lose a game the rest of the season. Their only loss this year came to a team that had that for one half of a game and it gave Warren fits.

STUNNA

Not that it matters but the seniors for warren have lost one game in their careers to a 4A team...Warren is 27-1 in their last 28 to 4A schools.

SUGARTOWN

I think it could very well be a rematch of Robinson and Arkadelphia in the final. Those teams have the best defenses in 4A IMO.

Nacho

Quote from: STUNNA on October 18, 2017, 10:16:44 am
Not that it matters but the seniors for warren have lost one game in their careers to a 4A team...Warren is 27-1 in their last 28 to 4A schools.

that's an interesting stat.

Nacho

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 18, 2017, 10:19:16 am
I think it could very well be a rematch of Robinson and Arkadelphia in the final. Those teams have the best defenses in 4A IMO.

this is my prediction too.

LJ06

If it's not Warren vs Robinson and PG/Nashville vs Arky in the semis I will be shocked.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LJ06 on October 18, 2017, 10:37:48 am
If it's not Warren vs Robinson and PG/Nashville vs Arky in the semis I will be shocked.

PG will more than likely be on the same side of the bracket as Warren and Robinson.

ABC™

Bo just better hope he doesn't see Nashville.  He doesn't know how to beat Nashville in the playoffs.

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 18, 2017, 10:40:59 am
PG will more than likely be on the same side of the bracket as Warren and Robinson.

Looking at a wrong bracket. Your right the winner of the 1 will be PR. It should be PR vs Arky

LJ06

Quote from: ABC™ on October 18, 2017, 10:49:32 am
Bo just better hope he doesn't see Nashville.  He doesn't know how to beat Nashville in the playoffs.

They aren't the same Nashville this season as usual. Nashville better hope to avoid the 1-4A, especially Pea Ridge.

ABC™

Quote from: LJ06 on October 18, 2017, 11:39:40 am
They aren't the same Nashville this season as usual. Nashville better hope to avoid the 1-4A, especially Pea Ridge.
Nashville wasn't the same in 2003 when they were 5-5 and won at Warren in the 1st round.

LJ06

Quote from: ABC™ on October 18, 2017, 11:54:13 am
Nashville wasn't the same in 2003 when they were 5-5 and won at Warren in the 1st round.

Against a Warren team that finished the year 7-4, lost to Star City and was the 2nd seed in 8-4A. Impressive.

ABC™

Quote from: LJ06 on October 18, 2017, 12:21:25 pm
Against a Warren team that finished the year 7-4, lost to Star City and was the 2nd seed in 8-4A. Impressive.
Still should've beat Nashville. But....Bo.

LJ06

Quote from: ABC™ on October 18, 2017, 12:26:23 pm

It's all good. Regardless of a record against Nashville, 4 state titles, 2x state runner up, and 13 conference championships is plenty good enough for me and anybody from Warren.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on October 18, 2017, 12:32:42 pm
It's all good. Regardless of a record against Nashville, 4 state titles, 2x state runner up, and 13 conference championships is plenty good enough for me and anybody from Warren.

Yup.

riccoar

Would love to see Robinson do it.  But.  As Rick said, To Be THE MAN, you gotta beat THE MAN.  Warren still tops to me.

Rugman15

Until someone figures out how to stop Drew Winn at Pea Ridge, they are going to keep winning. 

That being said I (and probably most of the 4A) would love to see a Pea Ridge vs Warren State Championship rematch.  THAT would be fun to watch.

nastynice

Don't speak for me, I'd hate to see a Ridge/Warren rematch.

AirWarren

OLDSCHOOL82

To Echo nastys comment, doubtful on most of 4a wanting to see that rematch. My guess is only 2% of the 4A schools playing football would want to see that. 

bigchief72455

It would stand to reason that most of the 4A would want to see their team in the title game.

Rugman15

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 18, 2017, 02:20:19 pm
To Echo nastys comment, doubtful on most of 4a wanting to see that rematch. My guess is only 2% of the 4A schools playing football would want to see that.

I think I worded what I said wrong which is my bad.

I should have said that it would be fun to see a Warren vs Pea Ridge matchup, and that a lot of 4A fans would at least enjoy that matchup (not love like I said...more along the lines of tolerate it)

Bad wording on my part  :P

dukes424

Josh your back dude let's make some noise. Shiloh is good the last game should be a dandy once seeding starts developing in a few weeks I really at this point don't see much advantage in seeding 1-3 in the 1 -4a as far as advantage in the playoff bracket. Each will face one of the real good 7-4a teams or the 1 in the 8-4a - should be fun stuff.

Rugman15

Quote from: dukes424 on October 18, 2017, 09:42:40 pm
Josh your back dude let's make some noise. Shiloh is good the last game should be a dandy once seeding starts developing in a few weeks I really at this point don't see much advantage in seeding 1-3 in the 1 -4a as far as advantage in the playoff bracket. Each will face one of the real good 7-4a teams or the 1 in the 8-4a - should be fun stuff.

If you were to choose between Arky or Warren to play to get to state, who would you choose?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Rugman15 on October 19, 2017, 12:51:39 pm
If you were to choose between Arky or Warren to play to get to state, who would you choose?

As of right now it looks like you may have to play Arkadelphia just to get to WMS. That might not end well for you guys. Although it would be a home game for PR.

BP74

One team that will get swept under the rug a little is Ashdown. If their QB gets healthy come playoff time, they could be very dangerous.

SouthernerPride

I know teams like Joe T and Arky are in a league of their own, but Southside deserves to be in this conversation. Doesn't matter who you play or in what conference.. these kids have won 12 of their last 15.. say they win out.. 10-0 with home playoff games guaranteed until the semis if they can keep winning.. that would make them 15 out of the last 18 games they have won. Anyone would have a tough time facing a team on that kind of run. Any team can be beat any given night, and Southside is certainly capable of being one of those teams to maybe find themselves in War Memorial if they continue their roll.

beach bum

Quote from: SouthernerPride on October 19, 2017, 02:47:32 pm
I know teams like Joe T and Arky are in a league of their own, but Southside deserves to be in this conversation. Doesn't matter who you play or in what conference.. these kids have won 12 of their last 15.. say they win out.. 10-0 with home playoff games guaranteed until the semis if they can keep winning.. that would make them 15 out of the last 18 games they have won. Anyone would have a tough time facing a team on that kind of run. Any team can be beat any given night, and Southside is certainly capable of being one of those teams to maybe find themselves in War Memorial if they continue their roll.

That actually does matter.... They would be the 4th best team in the 1-4A and the 4th or 5th best team in the 7-4A.... And Arkadelphia is going to go to Batesville in the 2nd round and win by a few scores.

SUGARTOWN

Southside is certainly capable of being one of those teams to maybe find themselves in War Memorial if they continue their roll.

No, they're not. Sorry, just being honest.

bigchief72455

Quote from: beach bum on October 19, 2017, 02:49:53 pm
That actually does matter.... They would be the 4th best team in the 1-4A and the 4th or 5th best team in the 7-4A.... And Arkadelphia is going to go to Batesville in the 2nd round and win by a few scores.
I gotta go with bum on this one. Southside will get overwhelmed by any top 5 team in the 7 and any top 4 team in the 1. They might be a top 3 team in the 3 though.

bigchief72455

Let us tell you from experience that record means nothing after regular season ends.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 19, 2017, 03:14:10 pm
Let us tell you from experience that record means nothing after regular season ends.
I completely understand. Even more reason not to overlook the Southerners.

It's all hypothetical still, but no team that finishes the regular season 10-0 should be over looked. I understand we play in a weak conference already, and on top of that the conference as a whole is down this season too. They are worthy of being in the conversation at least.. That's all I'm saying.

Rugman15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 19, 2017, 01:33:50 pm
As of right now it looks like you may have to play Arkadelphia just to get to WMS. That might not end well for you guys. Although it would be a home game for PR.

Meh they said the same thing about Nashville last year and Joe T. Robinson 2 years ago. 

Arky probably does have revenge on their mind though.  Tough games either way.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Rugman15 on October 19, 2017, 04:27:59 pm
Meh they said the same thing about Nashville last year and Joe T. Robinson 2 years ago. 

Maybe "they" said that. But "they" ain't me.  8)

dukes424

Quote from: Rugman15 on October 19, 2017, 12:51:39 pm
Both are pretty even But definitely Arky it would be a home game I think pends on seeding I guess. Both teams will be a tough draw for anyone but so will we.

Lizard47

Quote from: SouthernerPride on October 19, 2017, 03:54:03 pm

It's all hypothetical still, but no team that finishes the regular season 10-0 should be over looked. I understand we play in a weak conference already, and on top of that the conference as a whole is down this season too. They are worthy of being in the conversation at least.. That's all I'm saying.

Hey, they beat ole booneville first round last year. That was a surprise, especially to boontown

Rugman15

bigchief72455

Quote from: SouthernerPride on October 19, 2017, 03:54:03 pm

Yeah we at Pocahontas thought that 2 years ago as well.  But the truth is this if you want your program and team to be taken seriously then for the next few years they are going to have to prove it in the postseason. It will not matter if you go 10-0 if in the playoffs you are 0-1 in the first round

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: ABC™ on October 18, 2017, 12:26:23 pm
Hope we can somehow manage to get Nashville in the playoffs this year

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on October 19, 2017, 11:14:27 pm
Hope we can somehow manage to get Nashville in the playoffs this year
Noooo you don't.

youhavenoidea

Quote from: LJ06 on October 18, 2017, 11:39:40 am
Ha..good one, didn't Nashville march through the 1-4A in 2015, I guess it just depends on the year really

Rugman15

Quote from: youhavenoidea on October 20, 2017, 09:09:40 am
Ha..good one, didn't Nashville march through the 1-4A in 2015, I guess it just depends on the year really

They sure did last year ;)

52-28 was it?

youhavenoidea

Something like that :-\ How did that end up for them?

Rugman15

Quote from: youhavenoidea on October 20, 2017, 09:19:15 am
Something like that :-\ How did that end up for them?

For who Pea Ridge?

The first ever state championship appearance in school history.  Yeah we lost.  Probably gave Warren a better fight than whoever we beat though.

youhavenoidea

Quote from: Rugman15 on October 20, 2017, 10:03:50 am
For who Pea Ridge?

The first ever state championship appearance in school history.  Yeah we lost.  Probably gave Warren a better fight than whoever we beat though.
Probably :o ::)

bigchief72455

Care to reassess that statement. Unless you think Heber Springs is a title contender as well.

gameoflife

Quote from: Rugman15 on October 20, 2017, 10:03:50 am
For who Pea Ridge?

Saw that game.  Thought you guys should have maintained that ground game better.  Seemed like your play caller lost his patience and just decided to go to the pass in the second half and particularly 4th quarter. Gave ball up without scoring.
Your ground game is pretty impressive again.

Rugman15

Quote from: gameoflife on October 26, 2017, 01:43:05 pm
Saw that game.  Thought you guys should have maintained that ground game better.  Seemed like your play caller lost his patience and just decided to go to the pass in the second half and particularly 4th quarter. Gave ball up without scoring.
Your ground game is pretty impressive again.

Yeah we made some key mistakes that cost us that one.  I feel like if we didn't have that fumble towards the end of the 2nd quarter that allowed a last minute Warren Touchdown that it would have been more competitive later on.  Hopefully this year we will put it all together for 4 quarters.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas