• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is mayflower underrated?

Started by woopig123456, October 17, 2017, 01:31:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

woopig123456

Proud Buckaroo

I would rather be underrated than overrated.

beach bum

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 17, 2017, 09:56:54 am #3 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:40:14 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

dragondad

Being underrated just makes winning that much sweeter.  Polls/Ratings don't mean anything, it just a way to publish someone's opinion.

Moose

Mayflower is solid, no doubt about it, but are seen as playing a somewhat weaker schedule.  Even though they have wins over worthy opponents in Perryville & Barton, who are both 6-1 respectively. 

Jimbo Morphis

Absolutely, they may be the best 3A team in the last 20 years. Someone should start a thread asking if anyone can stop Mayflower.

Goose0

Mayflower always has the opportunity to be a quality program.  Hard to say a team is underrated just because they are ranked lower than other opponents.  They will get their chance to shine come playoffs when they face up against those top ranked opponents.

AmSycho

Quote from: Oldman on October 17, 2017, 10:15:15 am
Absolutely, they may be the best 3A team in the last 20 years. Someone should start a thread asking if anyone can stop Mayflower.

Start it up, Oldman. I would post on it. lol I'm sure the Eagle fans would be all over it.

Wardog87

woopig123456

CoolBreeze

Mayflower has a good team. However, like other undefeated and/or highly ranked teams in 3A, they are untested. The Eagles have yet to face a serious challenge. The same is true of Junction City and Clinton and was also true of Prescott before last week's trip to Glen Rose.

Mayflower has a favorable place in the bracket and, likely, will not face that serious challenge until they meet Rivercrest/Osceola in the quarterfinals. By the same token, we won't have a realistic idea of how good those other teams are until at least the 2nd round of the playoffs.

NOTE: I excluded teams from the 3-3A from this discussion because that conference appears to have far more parity than most of the other conferences this year.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 18, 2017, 12:02:47 pm
Mayflower has a good team. However, like other undefeated and/or highly ranked teams in 3A, they are untested. The Eagles have yet to face a serious challenge. The same is true of Junction City and Clinton and was also true of Prescott before last week's trip to Glen Rose.

Mayflower has a favorable place in the bracket and, likely, will not face that serious challenge until they meet Rivercrest/Osceola in the quarterfinals. By the same token, we won't have a realistic idea of how good those other teams are until at least the 2nd round of the playoffs.

NOTE: I excluded teams from the 3-3A from this discussion because that conference appears to have far more parity than most of the other conferences this year.

Aren't you sweet.  And I am not too sure Mayflower has a good seed. Sure, there is that bye that never makes it to 3-3A. But that second round might be a killer facing the 3rd from the 6A. Mcgehee or maybe Fordyce. Quality opponents from a quality conf.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas