• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport vs Rivercrest

Started by Gr3yhounds, October 16, 2017, 08:21:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gr3yhounds

October 16, 2017, 08:21:03 am Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:31:03 am by Gr3yhounds
Newport is inconsistent, but when they are on top of their game they can dismantle a team. I don't know which to pick if Newport is on top of their game they could win, but if they aren't I have Rivercrest

redandgray

Should be a great game.  I'm going with Rivercrest (shocker....hahaha)

ISU7

Quote from: Gr3yhounds on October 16, 2017, 08:21:03 am
Newport is inconsistent, but when they are on top of their game they can dismantle a team. I don't know which to pick if Newport is on top of their game they could win, but if they aren't I have Rivercrest
Like i said on another post this statement applies to most teams. Now who you got if both teams are on top of their game😃😎

501Arkansas

Newport wins in a tight one 😎

luxora4life

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 16, 2017, 10:19:24 am
[/quote

Don't matter, Colts would still be the one seed after November 3rd. 

DogCatcher

Gr3yhounds

If both teams play to the best of their abilities I have Newport. In a tight one.

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 16, 2017, 10:19:24 am
Osceola finally having a good year and their fans are acting like they been there through the years with them. I I can tell you you could count the fans on maybe two hands now they have a lot of. (bandwagon) instruments playing fans lol  that cant tell you who else coaches the team besides maybe the head coach who went and play football at Rivercrest and has brought winning and discipline too Osceola I applaud you Coach Hooks.

ISU7

Quote from: Gr3yhounds on October 16, 2017, 11:09:18 am
If both teams play to the best of their abilities I have Newport. In a tight one.
lol that Corning game got yall crunk. They were tough. Newport played lights out against a tought Corning team. Good luck too the Hounds.

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on October 16, 2017, 11:13:11 am
Osceola finally having a good year and their fans are acting like they been there through the years with them. I I can tell you you could count the fans on maybe two hands now they have a lot of. (bandwagon) instruments playing fans lol  that cant tell you who else coaches the team besides maybe the head coach who went and play football at Rivercrest and has brought winning and discipline too Osceola I applaud you Coach Hooks.
😂

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Gr3yhounds on October 16, 2017, 08:21:03 am
So far in conference, they've dismantled Corning and Walnut Ridge (not much of an accomplishment) and lost big to the two decent teams they've faced. They will have to be at the very top of their game to compete with the Colts.

DogCatcher

I think you look at how Newport, Osceola and rivercrest played against gosnell. I'd love to see them all play to that level against each other and have close nail biter games. That would make for some great football.

ISU7

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 16, 2017, 01:22:39 pm
I think you look at how Newport, Osceola and rivercrest played against gosnell. I'd love to see them all play to that level against each other and have close nail biter games. That would make for some great football.
+1

ISU7

Coltfan2005

Since the game is at Newport, the greyhounds have a chance to keep the game close. But that is all. Piggott proved that that newport does not do well against a big offense line and a physical defense. This game goes to the Colts, no matter how bad Osceola "new fans" want the Colts to lose.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 16, 2017, 01:22:39 pm
It's true that all three beat Gosnell by a touchdown or less, but even if you want to use comparative scores, you can't do it in isolation. For example, Osceola beat both Piggott and Hoxie by comfortable margins, whereas both trounced Newport. Rivercrest mercy-ruled Pigott and beat Hoxie by 10. That doesn't add up to a nailbiter between Newport and either Rivercrest or Osceola.

It could happen, but it ain't likely.

Paperman

I think all three teams (Newport, Osceola, and Rivercrest) are comparable when are full strength! The Colts and Seminoles will bring two completely different styles and challenges to the Greyhounds defense! I think the Colts smash mouth game will give Newport fits! I also think Osceola can be effective against the Greyhounds D! They two games could define the Greyhounds season and Greyhound wins in both would give more meaning to week 10! With that being said, I like the Colts by a touchdown!

TruthHurts

Leo Marvin

I think Rivercrest gets Newport's best punch Friday night. Rivercrest probably wins the game because of superior line play.  Newport really lacks size

Mike Bonds

Rivercrest has to go in as the favorite, clearly.  Newport's got a puncher's chance in this one at home, but they'll have to crank down on turnovers and play better in the trenches to get the win.

This is a big game for Newport.  A loss here could have the potential to push Newport down as far as the #5 seed.  Getting one of the last 2 playoff spots in the 3A-3 means a first round trip--and probably a first round exit--at either Glen Rose or Prescott.  The upset loss to Hoxie was major.  Finishing even in 3rd place would result in a far more managable game against probably leither Haskell Harmony Grove or Jessieville.

Gr3yhounds

Although I am a Newport fan, I do believe that this will be a tough one. Rivercrest has a huge offensive line compared to Newport, Rivercrest also has more depth. Newport has lost many to unfortunate causes, but I do believe they might, and I said MIGHT pull off the upset but it is very unlikely.

luxora4life

Quote from: Paperman on October 16, 2017, 08:55:14 pm
I think all three teams (Newport, Osceola, and Rivercrest) are comparable when are full strength! The Colts and Seminoles will bring two completely different styles and challenges to the Greyhounds defense! I think the Colts smash mouth game will give Newport fits! I also think Osceola can be effective against the Greyhounds D! They two games could define the Greyhounds season and Greyhound wins in both would give more meaning to week 10! With that being said, I like the Colts by a touchdown!

Newport winning both game will not give no more meaning to week 10 than all the crazy talk going on around South Mississippi County from you crazy Osceola fans.

ISU7

October 17, 2017, 01:19:31 pm #22 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:24:48 pm by ISU7
Quote from: luxora4life on October 17, 2017, 12:30:35 pm
Newport winning both game will not give no more meaning to week 10 than all the crazy talk going on around South Mississippi County from you crazy Osceola fans.
When people aren't use too something and they finally get it they have the tendency to brag about it. Let them enjoy the moment it's ok.😂😂😂😂😷😎

luxora4life

Quote from: ISU7 on October 17, 2017, 01:19:31 pm
When people aren't use too something and they finally get it they have the tendency to brag about it. Let them enjoy the moment it's ok.😂😂😂😂😷😎

Right.  But when you hear people who suppose to know a little about football throw around scores like 52-20 Osceola, it's hard not to call them crazy.  I told coach Hooks Sunday night that he may want to call a town meeting and ask Osceola's supporters to not awake the sleeping giants. ;D

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 17, 2017, 08:29:03 am
Rivercrest has to go in as the favorite, clearly.  Newport's got a puncher's chance in this one at home, but they'll have to crank down on turnovers and play better in the trenches to get the win.

This is a big game for Newport.  A loss here could have the potential to push Newport down as far as the #5 seed.  Getting one of the last 2 playoff spots in the 3A-3 means a first round trip--and probably a first round exit--at either Glen Rose or Prescott.  The upset loss to Hoxie was major.  Finishing even in 3rd place would result in a far more managable game against probably leither Haskell Harmony Grove or Jessieville.
Newport is unlikely to finish above the 5-seed, since they have already lost to Piggott and Hoxie with Rivercrest and Osceola looming on the horizon.

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on October 17, 2017, 01:19:31 pm
when osceola beats Rivercrest then what? 😂😂😂🤣

luxora4life

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 17, 2017, 04:10:11 pm

When?  Cause it will happen one day,  just not this year.

Coltfan2005

Osceola has beaten Rivercrest before, must have been 7 years or so ago. The next morning the sun was still shining and the next Friday night just as many Rivercrest fans showed up to watch their team play football.

501Arkansas

Quote from: luxora4life on October 17, 2017, 04:50:23 pm
When?  Cause it will happen one day,  just not this year.
We will see

Oldhound56

I would hate to draw Newport as a 5 seed.  When they are healthy and on top of their game they are very capable of beating any team in this conference.  They know Friday will be a tough game and that most are not giving them a chance, but that is why you play the games on the field.  You never know what is going to happen until you line up and snap it!

Go Hounds!

bootlegger

Quote from: Oldhound56 on October 18, 2017, 07:38:24 am
I would hate to draw Newport as a 5 seed.  When they are healthy and on top of their game they are very capable of beating any team in this conference.  They know Friday will be a tough game and that most are not giving them a chance, but that is why you play the games on the field.  You never know what is going to happen until you line up and snap it!

Go Hounds!
i agree newport is a very good team and can be a team that rivercrest wont take them lightly.but i wouldnt want to be the 1 seed to play them in first round if they should be the 5th seed in the 3A3

CoolBreeze

Quote from: bootlegger on October 18, 2017, 08:18:52 am
i agree newport is a very good team and can be a team that rivercrest wont take them lightly.but i wouldnt want to be the 1 seed to play them in first round if they should be the 5th seed in the 3A3
Perhaps, but they've yet to demonstrate that on the field against a quality team.

DogCatcher

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 18, 2017, 11:10:29 am
Perhaps, but they've yet to demonstrate that on the field against a quality team.
Is Gosnell not a quality team?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 18, 2017, 11:16:37 am
Is Gosnell not a quality team?
Gosnell lost to 3 teams from a lower classification and the 4A schools they have beaten have a combined record of 6-13 against teams of their own class.

Coltfan2005

Got to agree with (cough) Cool Breeze (gag) on this one. Gee, that didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 18, 2017, 11:43:27 am
Got to agree with (cough) Cool Breeze (gag) on this one. Gee, that didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would.
Feels strange to be on the right side of an issue for a change, though. Right?

DogCatcher

I could be wrong, but I think Newport will win this game.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 18, 2017, 12:10:15 pm
Feels strange to be on the right side of an issue for a change, though. Right?

Well, I am going to try and not make a habit of it.

Coltfan2005

Newport has already dropped two conf games and still have Osceola and Rivercrest. I watched the film of Newport vs Hoxie and watched the live stream of Piggott vs Newport. I was there for the Piggott vs Rivercrest. Not comparing wins or loses against opponents but speaking directly about Newport's offensive line vs Colt's offensive line. Newport's offensive line is under sized and not that physical. Piggott penetrated all night long. It doesn't matter how good your qb and running backs are when the defense is in the backfield all night and there are 0 holes to run to. Newport can string it to the outside, but the Colt's are too fast for that to work consistently. I think Newport's only shot at winning is their pass offense and the qb HAS to have time to throw it. Doubt Rivercrest cooperates very much. The Colt's offensive line has a few weak spots that still need work but are fairly consistent and can open up holes. With the Rivercrest running backs only small holes are needed. Newport's defense is iffy. The line is once again undersized and the corners have a habit of biting and over pursuit. One thing about the Colts this year has been a good and always improving defense. I just don't see this being a very competitive game...but it's Newport. Anything can happen.

sprained ankle

Just hoping the Hounds will be competitive in this one.

PermaBan

Doesn't Newport live stream their games? If so can someone post a link?

Paperman

I've only seen Rivercrest twice this season (live) Gosnell and Hoxie! Two completely different games, both of which, the Colts were fortunate to bring home the W in. Gosnell, RHS couldn't generate any offense, but the defense played lights out! Hoxie, RHS looked like they had never defended against the pass or the read option before. But the offense took advantage of a short field, especially in the final period, to rally the team to a huge win.
Rivercrest has the size and the athletes to make things difficult for the Newport defense! Unless Newport can sell out and stuff the Rivercrest run game, I don't see this being a close game. I don't think this will happen! My score is Rivercrest 40, Newport 20!

redandgray

Quote from: Paperman on October 19, 2017, 05:55:51 am
I've only seen Rivercrest twice this season (live) Gosnell and Hoxie! Two completely different games, both of which, the Colts were fortunate to bring home the W in. Gosnell, RHS couldn't generate any offense, but the defense played lights out! Hoxie, RHS looked like they had never defended against the pass or the read option before. But the offense took advantage of a short field, especially in the final period, to rally the team to a huge win.
Rivercrest has the size and the athletes to make things difficult for the Newport defense! Unless Newport can sell out and stuff the Rivercrest run game, I don't see this being a close game. I don't think this will happen! My score is Rivercrest 40, Newport 20!

I started to say...please don't show up to any more of our games.  We played bad in both, but I thought about it....we still won both.  So, your invite is still open.  Hahaha.

DogCatcher

I think I'm going to have to watch this game in person. Hope it's a classic.

ISU7

They will be 1-7 in tge last 8 games is that a good record. Lol.😷

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 17, 2017, 04:53:21 pm
Osceola has beaten Rivercrest before, must have been 7 years or so ago. The next morning the sun was still shining and the next Friday night just as many Rivercrest fans showed up to watch their team play football.
lol tell em again Coltfan. Im thinking if they win they will  probably burn Osceola down .This is like their superbowl and im sure they are tired of saying wait til next year for seven straight years. I for one wouldn't be mad at all if they beat Crest. I will be happy for the former Colts Alumni Coach RJ Hooks.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ISU7 on October 19, 2017, 01:39:47 pm
lol tell em again Coltfan. Im thinking if they win they will  probably burn Osceola down .This is like their superbowl and im sure they are tired of saying wait til next year for seven straight years. I for one wouldn't be mad at all if they beat Crest. I will be happy for the former Colts Alumni Coach RJ Hooks.

Haven't seen Hooks since he was at rivercrest but I do like and respect what he has done. However, not near enough to want or be pleased with a seminole victory.

luxora4life

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 19, 2017, 02:11:38 pm
Haven't seen Hooks since he was at rivercrest but I do like and respect what he has done. However, not near enough to want or be pleased with a seminole victory.

I second that last statement.

luxora4life

Quote from: ISU7 on October 19, 2017, 01:39:47 pm

Wait til next year or what about the basketball game.

DogCatcher

There is no next year unless they play non conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas