• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar at Cedarville

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, October 15, 2017, 08:15:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

IF the Warriors play like they have at times, they win. However . . .

A lot riding on this game.

gold45

I'm going with Lamar.  Even though Charleston handily beat Lamar, I feel like the game was much tougher than the score reflected.  Lamar has a good squad and I expect them to be very competitive in another year or so.  Good junior high squad coming up with this year's young crew = a competitive squad for sure.  But if we are not looking past Friday night, I still gotta go with the physical Warriors.

Red Devil Dad

Mr.Bearded

Lamar wins this game. I'm gonna say by probably around 18 points if not more

MICHAELSPAPPY

At times this season Lamar has looked very good. Ought to have beaten Clarksville except for an unlikely perfect pass. Showed how to play physical football against Mansfield. Held their own with Charleston for most of the first half. Inconsistency is to be expected with youth, but maybe some of those kinks will get worked out late in the season.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 16, 2017, 10:24:10 am
At times this season Lamar has looked very good. Ought to have beaten Clarksville except for an unlikely perfect pass. Showed how to play physical football against Mansfield. Held their own with Charleston for most of the first half. Inconsistency is to be expected with youth, but maybe some of those kinks will get worked out late in the season.
Both teams stand at 2-5 with one conference win each, both over Mansfield. That doesn't give me much to go on. Nevertheless, I pick Lamar, because they played Perryville tough and their young team should be growing each week.

Warrior77

Long bus ride gets them off to a slow start but Lamar by 17 as they finish the game strong.

On side

Lamar wins this game no problem.  They are too big and physical for Cedarville to handle.

xadboy

If Lamar can take care of the ball and not miss tackles, then Lamar should win. But don't be surprised if Cedarville beats Lamar at home. Lamar has played poorly on the road except for Mansfield and second half to Perryville. Loser of this one probably won't make the playoffs.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Hootens says Lamar by 3.
Calpreps has Lamar by 10.

beach bum

I think this game will be very low scoring.... I think 21 or 22 points will be enough to win the contest. On a side note... Is the Lamar JH undefeated? I am fairly certain Cedarville JH is undefeated in conference and these two are playing for the JH conference crown? I had heard Lamar's JH was on a roll and Cedarville surprisingly 5-0 in conference.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 17, 2017, 09:57:49 am #11 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:10:52 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Clara Allen

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 17, 2017, 09:57:49 am
Go to the Junior High thread buddy.
Lamar junior high lost last week to Charleston   Their only other loss was in the last seconds to Clarksville

beach bum

Quote from: Clara Allen on October 17, 2017, 12:22:48 pm
Lamar junior high lost last week to Charleston   Their only other loss was in the last seconds to Clarksville

Thank you for clarification as well as Coach Jones on the JH thread. Sounds like Lamar must have some good sophomores and freshmen. You never know how things will pan out through time transitioning up to high school especially with Lamar and really especially Cedarville not having the same type of tradition as a Charleston to carry that from JH to HS more easily, but it appears there might be some talent in different 4-3A schools coming up...... But back to this game Friday it appears both teams like to run and run some more. Should be a quick game with a lot of running clock.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: beach bum on October 17, 2017, 01:07:34 pm
Sounds like Lamar must have some good sophomores and freshmen.

Two strong classes in a row coming up. Good things ahead.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: beach bum on October 17, 2017, 01:07:34 pm
But back to this game Friday it appears both teams like to run and run some more. Should be a quick game with a lot of running clock.

Lamar is throwing a little more as the season progresses, but running game still their strength. Big tackles and tight ends up front.

gold45

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 17, 2017, 02:51:29 pm
Two strong classes in a row coming up. Good things ahead.

I watched Lamar Jr. High play Charleston last Thursday and then watched Senior High Friday night.  Gotta say there is ample potential for Lamar's future in the next couple of years.  Looking forward to watching how Coach Jones develops the talent.

GBattack

Gold...you're my favorite poster on FF...great insight...😜

xadboy

Clara Allen

xadboy

Clara Allen

MICHAELSPAPPY

I am impressed. it was supposed to be closer.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Sounds like our Warriors showed up physical.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas