• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnolia @ Watson Chapel

Started by GuvHog, October 15, 2017, 07:42:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Magnolia is better than their record indicates so this will be another tough game for the Wildcats where they need to avoid costly mistakes and penalties. This is the point last year where WC imploded and cost themselves the outright 5A South title. That doesn't seem to be the case this year as all of the players are on the same page with their coaches so I believe the Wildcats will get the win this week. Your thoughts on this game??

redsport27

This is when most people would question WC. They fell off during this point last season but I agree that the players and coaches are on the same page. I don't see WC struggling too much with Magnolia. I feel like we have two huge games in the south this week. Dequeen will challenge Lakeside and Magnolia will challenge WC. I see Chapel winning this game by at least 2 TDs. This could be a big turning point in the south this week.

RamFan06

If Chapel isnt disciplined on defense, the misdirection running game of Magnolia will give them major problems. Their QB is great at hiding the ball and executing the fake.

GuvHog

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 15, 2017, 02:23:40 pm
If Chapel isnt disciplined on defense, the misdirection running game of Magnolia will give them major problems. Their QB is great at hiding the ball and executing the fake.

WC is playing very well on defense. They shut out Hope and last week they stuffed White Hall after WC's offense fumbled in WC territory late in the game and seal the win.

RamFan06

I see a lot of similarities in how Chapel and LS played common teams. I am looking forward to next week. NOT looking past DQ but really looking forward to week 9.

GuvHog

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 15, 2017, 02:31:53 pm
I see a lot of similarities in how Chapel and LS played common teams. I am looking forward to next week. NOT looking past DQ but really looking forward to week 9.

Lakeside caught Chapel at a good time last year and benefited from it. WC had locker room problems last year and imploded after the loss to Magnolia which resulted in a few players getting kicked off of the team and a few others were suspended. The players are on the same page with the coaches this year and there are no locker room problems. They are a far better team than the one Lakeside faced last year.

RamFan06

Looking forward to that. I know everyone is looking at the non-con games LS lost and saying they cant be that good, but this Rams team is better than last year on both sides of the ball. I actually wasnt convinced early this season either but they have impressed me. They dont put up as many points as past Lakeside teams but that is by design I believe. Methodical ball control offense instead of quick hitting fast paced as in the past.

I think the next 2 games will be the toughest of the season for Lakeside, but I love these competitive games much better than the blowouts.

If you go watch the Chapel Magnolia game in person, try amd keep up with where the ball is....not easy with these guys. I have no doubt Chapels defense will figure it out, as long as they arent looking past them.

GuvHog

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 15, 2017, 09:15:13 pm
Looking forward to that. I know everyone is looking at the non-con games LS lost and saying they cant be that good, but this Rams team is better than last year on both sides of the ball. I actually wasnt convinced early this season either but they have impressed me. They dont put up as many points as past Lakeside teams but that is by design I believe. Methodical ball control offense instead of quick hitting fast paced as in the past.

I think the next 2 games will be the toughest of the season for Lakeside, but I love these competitive games much better than the blowouts.

If you go watch the Chapel Magnolia game in person, try amd keep up with where the ball is....not easy with these guys. I have no doubt Chapels defense will figure it out, as long as they arent looking past them.

I pay very little attention to non-conference games. WC lost 2. 1 to Pine Bluff which was expected and they gave Warren the other one by making silly mistakes. They are a lot better than that now.

I know Lakeside is better than their non-conference record indicates, they always are and are a tough challenge for the Wildcats.

I actually have a connection to Lakeside. My Great-Nephew is a student at lakeside Elementary.

GuvHog

1st Quarter   9:55

Watson Chapel           6

Magnolia                   0

GuvHog

1st Quarter    9:27

Watson Chapel        14

Magnolia                  0

GuvHog

1st Quarter   4:21

Watson Chapel          20

Magnolia                    0

GuvHog

1st Quarter   :14

Watson Chapel         26

Magnolia                   6

GuvHog

2nd  Quarter   8:36

Watson Chapel        32

Magnolia                  6

GuvHog

2nd Quarter   7:59

Watson Chapel       39

Magnolia                 6

GuvHog

2nd Quarter  2:45

Watson Chapel         45

Magnolia                   6

GuvHog

2nd Quarter 

Watson Chapel       45

Magnolia                14

GuvHog

2nd Quarter  1:05

Watson Chapel         52

Magnolia                  14

GuvHog

Halftime

Watson Chapel            52

Magnolia                     14

GuvHog

3rd Quarter 9:00

Watson Chapel      59

Magnolia               14

GuvHog

4th Quarter

Watson Chapel        59

Magnolia                 21

GuvHog

FINAL SCORE

Watson Chapel            59

Magnolia                     21

GuvHog

I expected this game to be much closer than it was but it got ugly really quick. WC was looking to make a point and pay Magnolia back for last year. They really showed up big last night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas