• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playoff Picture/Projections After Week 7

Started by NWA Hawg, October 14, 2017, 10:31:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

This is were we sit playoff wise after week 6. AAA rules were used for conference tiebreakers. Calpreps was used for predictions on scores. Wynne goes from playing in the finals to out in the first round. LR Christian takes their spot as state runner up. Calpreps has no faith in the awful 5a south.

S1 Hot Springs Lakeside 24
W4 Harrison 42

C2 McClellan 31
E3 Wynne 24

W1 Alma 28
S4 Camden Fairview 13

E2 Batesville 24
C3 LR Christian 48

E1 Nettleton 28
C4 Parkview 22

W2 Maumelle 35
S3 DeQueen 21

C1 Pulaski Academy 52
E4 Valley View 19

S2 Watson Chapel 22
W3 Greenbrier 24

Quarterfinals

McClellan 40
Harrison 28

Alma 27
LR Christian 44

Nettleton 35
Maumelle 17

Pulaski Academy 55
Greenbrier 17

Semis

McClellan 34
LR Christian 35

Nettleton 22
Pulaski Academy 48

Da Ship

LR Christian 27
Pulaski Academy 44

RamFan06

Good thing for us CalPreps doesnt play the games.

JessieP

If Batesville continues to hit it's late season stride, like they always do, they will handle LRCA, just like last year.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on October 14, 2017, 11:44:30 pm
If Batesville continues to hit it's late season stride, like they always do, they will handle LRCA, just like last year.

I agree that Batesville always excels late in the season.  As you know, I've maintained all year that Batesville will be there late in the playoffs.

But I've also said that LRCA is one of the top teams in 5A this year.  If I had to pick right now, I'd say LRCA would beat Batesville.  Sorry, but I have to call it like I see it.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 14, 2017, 10:45:57 pm
Good thing for us CalPreps doesnt play the games.

True but I don't see to much I disagree with.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on October 14, 2017, 11:50:36 pm
I agree that Batesville always excels late in the season.  As you know, I've maintained all year that Batesville will be there late in the playoffs.

But I've also said that LRCA is one of the top teams in 5A this year.  If I had to pick right now, I'd say LRCA would beat Batesville.  Sorry, but I have to call it like I see it.

Just something to mull over. Our offense is improving weekly, we are finally getting the ball to #25. No one in the 5A can defend him. Here's the thing I don't think your factoring in, our defensive front 7. They are by far the biggest area of improvement. Our run defense has always been stout but now we are getting sacks and pressure every snap. You yourself said a good defense could give PA a problem. LRCA is far from PA, how effective is LRCA or anyone else at throwing the ball while under intense pressure? This may be blasphemous to say in the 5A but what the heck, I'll say it. I think Batesville's D is far better then PA's. Our offense is light years behind. Just for discussion sake, hypothetically speaking, if I told you in that game LRCA would be held to 21 points. What would your pick be?

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on October 15, 2017, 12:39:07 am
Just something to mull over. Our offense is improving weekly, we are finally getting the ball to #25. No one in the 5A can defend him. Here's the thing I don't think your factoring in, our defensive front 7. They are by far the biggest area of improvement. Our run defense has always been stout but now we are getting sacks and pressure every snap. You yourself said a good defense could give PA a problem. LRCA is far from PA, how effective is LRCA or anyone else at throwing the ball while under intense pressure? This may be blasphemous to say in the 5A but what the heck, I'll say it. I think Batesville's D is far better then PA's. Our offense is light years behind. Just for discussion sake, hypothetically speaking, if I told you in that game LRCA would be held to 21 points. What would your pick be?

If Batesville can hold LRCA to 21 points, Batesville wins.  I just don't see that happening.

I did say that a team with a good pass offense would give PA problems.  Our pass defense is our biggest weakness.

Batesville's pass defense may well be better than PA's. That's really not saying a lot in light of how poor our pass defense has been this year.  On the other hand, our run defense has been pretty good.

I'm not even sure Batesville will play LRCA in the playoffs.  But, if they do, our opinions will be meaningless.  We'll know for sure.

MDXPHD

Batesville wouldn't hold LRCA to 21. I would feel much better about our odds against McClellan or Parkview, just from a matchup standpoint.

Big Prof.91

The last 2 weeks Morrilton won against Alma and Maumelle, the projected #1&2 in the West. They lost to Harrison 35-34 and I'm pretty sure by a TD to Gbr, the projected #3&4 seeds. No offense to the rest of the West, but Morrilton's schedulewas front loaded with the harder teams. The point I'm trying to make that I think Morrilton will be in the playoffs.

the voice

I agree , unfortunately if the playoffs started today they'd miss out. The good news is they don't start today. There is going to be a few two loss teams after Friday in conference play. Gonna be interesting to watch

Chin Music

Quote from: JessieP on October 14, 2017, 11:44:30 pm

The LRCA / Batesville playoff game last year went down to the wire.  Yes, Batesville won the game but your statement makes it sound like it wasn't a contest.

JessieP

Quote from: Chin Music on October 15, 2017, 09:27:12 am
The LRCA / Batesville playoff game last year went down to the wire.  Yes, Batesville won the game but your statement makes it sound like it wasn't a contest.

You need to reread my statement, then reread it again, possibly ask someone to read it to you. In no way, shape or form does it imply it wasn't a contest. I said handle, not whip, kill, slaughter, dominate or destroy. Handle LRCA, like we did last year. Following? it was a contest, yes, but remember Batesville was in control the entire game. LRCA fought and scratched it's way back. It wasn't decided until under a minute left. 

Overdahill

Quote from: Chin Music on October 15, 2017, 09:27:12 am

I'd like to see a rematch of this one; that would be fun

The_Pioneer

Not me.  Bring on Greenbrier.  You think we own Wynne?  Ask GB about ownership.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas