• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA vs. Parkview

Started by Red Devil Alum, October 14, 2017, 10:25:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil Alum

Why is this game being played at WMS this week? Is that where Parkview is playing their home games?

PA Dad

I think that's right although I don't know why.

Bolding has done a great job.  I know PA will be favored, but we can't be cavalier about this game.  Parkview is a good team and I expect a good contest.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on October 14, 2017, 10:25:34 pm
Why is this game being played at WMS this week? Is that where Parkview is playing their home games?

In days of yore, and I mean yore, PV home games were at Quigley.  I thought they had built a new stadium on campus, but maybe not

JessieP

I nominate PA Dad for the Bobby Bowden Award. When Bowden was HC at Florida State he was notorious for his press conferences, beat reporters were trying to contain the giggles as Bowden would spout how FS was overrated, how they were primed to be beat. It didn't matter if they were playing Harding Academy, Bowden would talk at length about the other teams strengths and FS weaknesses. He was always worried. One of his most famous quotes was when ask about being a 27 point favorite the day before a game with North Carolina, he said "Anyone who bets on us and gives even 3 points is a G-dang fool, I can give you one sure bet, I won't get a wink of sleep tonight". FS won by 41 points. Mind you Bowden never believed his own tripe, he was that all-time master of selling wolf tickets.

On a side note, when Bowden uttered the "I won't get a wink of sleep tonight" a Tallahassee print columnist had the greatest sarcastic comeback ever. He said "Maybe Mrs. Bowden is making beans and cabbage for dinner".

Maynard G Krebs

Checked  out PV campus this afternoon..Only a practice field

Overdahill

October 15, 2017, 04:35:32 pm #5 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:45:57 pm by Overdahill
Quote from: JessieP on October 15, 2017, 04:23:15 pm
I nominate PA Dad for the Bobby Bowden Award. When Bowden was HC at Florida State he was notorious for his press conferences, beat reporters were trying to contain the giggles as Bowden would spout how FS was overrated, how they were primed to be beat. It didn't matter if they were playing Harding Academy, Bowden would talk at length about the other teams strengths and FS weaknesses. He was always worried. One of his most famous quotes was when ask about being a 27 point favorite the day before a game with North Carolina, he said "Anyone who bets on us and gives even 3 points is a G-dang fool, I can give you one sure bet, I won't get a wink of sleep tonight". FS won by 41 points. Mind you Bowden never believed his own tripe, he was that all-time master of selling wolf tickets.

On a side note, when Bowden uttered the "I won't get a wink of sleep tonight" a Tallahassee print columnist had the greatest sarcastic comeback ever. He said "Maybe Mrs. Bowden is making beans and cabbage for dinner".

I'm with Bobby on this one; as soon as you think you can't be beat you are wrong so I want to thank DAD for his service cause the sky really is falling (its just a matter of when) :) WTH, LSU beat Auburn with no offense and Syracuse over Clemson

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 15, 2017, 02:54:59 pm
In days of yore, and I mean yore, PV home games were at Quigley.  I thought they had built a new stadium on campus, but maybe not

What does YORE mean? Y oung O nce RE ally ?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on October 15, 2017, 04:38:58 pm
What does YORE mean? Y oung O nce RE ally ?

Even though you're over the hill, you're still to young to be told

BM22

Quote from: PA Dad on October 14, 2017, 10:37:47 pm
I think that's right although I don't know why.

Bolding has done a great job.  I know PA will be favored, but we can't be cavalier about this game.  Parkview is a good team and I expect a good contest.
I agree with you! PA should win by a comfortable margin, but I expect PV to put up a good fight in the first half. Really good to see some of the LR/NLR area public schools doing so well. Bolding has done a solid job at PV in his first year.

Rocket23

This will be another mercy rule game.  Parkview has no passing game, and although their QB and RB are fantastic and very fast, they have a lot of athletes playing both ways will fade in the seconds no half.

Lumberjackfan1978

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Overdahill on October 15, 2017, 04:35:32 pm
I'm with Bobby on this one; as soon as you think you can't be beat you are wrong so I want to thank DAD for his service cause the sky really is falling (its just a matter of when) :) WTH, LSU beat Auburn with no offense and Syracuse over Clemson

My favorite Bowden-ism came after a win against Florida. During pregame warmups, one of Florida's quarterbacks threw an errant pass in an attempt to hit Bowden. When a reporter asked about the incident and what would've happened if one of his quarterbacks tried to throw at Spurrier, he calmly stated, "Well, he wouldn't have missed."

Anyway, as for the game, I think PA wins comfortably, but I hope Allmon gives them fits. He played baseball with my son last summer, and he's a great kid who's also a heck of an athlete.

JessieP

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 15, 2017, 10:49:42 pm
My favorite Bowden-ism came after a win against Florida. During pregame warmups, one of Florida's quarterbacks threw an errant pass in an attempt to hit Bowden. When a reporter asked about the incident and what would've happened if one of his quarterbacks tried to throw at Spurrier, he calmly stated, "Well, he wouldn't have missed."

Anyway, as for the game, I think PA wins comfortably, but I hope Allmon gives them fits. He played baseball with my son last summer, and he's a great kid who's also a heck of an athlete.

Chief I had heard that one. My personal favorite was when a reporter told him that some Miami players said they didn't know the meaning of the word quit. Bowden replied "some players at Miami don't know the meaning of a lot of words".

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on October 16, 2017, 01:18:28 am
Chief I had heard that one. My personal favorite was when a reporter told him that some Miami players said they didn't know the meaning of the word quit. Bowden replied "some players at Miami don't know the meaning of a lot of words".

All I remember from FSU/Miami from those years was "Wide Right"  :'(

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on October 16, 2017, 11:36:36 am
All I remember from FSU/Miami from those years was "Wide Right"  :'(

And then wide left and then wide right again.

Chief_Osceola™

Probably cost my 'Noles 3-4 national championships.

Overdahill

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 16, 2017, 11:58:10 am
Probably cost my 'Noles 3-4 national championships.

Until Atlanta in the Super Bowl last year those were the toughest

Overdahill

pantherblue

Would love to see my alma mater win but I think they are a year or two away from full potential.. Looking forward to seeing them get back there!!!

PA Dad

The PA offense is as flat tonight as I've seen in some time.  But, Parkview is playing good, smart defense.

We got us a game.  PA leads 16-14 at the half.

FoxandHound34

I believe the whole state are Parkview fans this second half, come on Pat's!!

LS80

PrivateLesson

I'm interested to see the defense in this game until the end. 

PA Dad

PA trails in the second half 21-16.  7:20 in the 3rd.

FoxandHound34

PA Dad

PA looked like PA on the last drive.  PA leads 24-21.

PA Dad

Parkview comes right back and scores.  Parkview leads 28-24.  1:48 in 3rd.

PA Dad

PA scores quickly and leads 32-28.

PA Dad

Parkview scores in two plays and leads 34-32.

LIKE IT IS

Perhaps Kevin should have spent more time with his team than he did with Bob.

PA Dad

There is very little defense in this game.  PA scores and leads 40-34.  10:30 in 4th.

FoxandHound34

MDXPHD

Tied at 40. PA driving.

PA went for it 4th and 10 from their own 22 up by 6 with less than 2 minutes left. They didn't get it and Parkview scored with the short field. Then missed the xp so it's tied.

PrivateLesson

Where's Maynard??    I need to know the score!  :)

The Future

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 20, 2017, 09:42:21 pm
Score and time left!

This is intense!!

InYoGrill

I have been talking PV being so much improved since the first few weeks of the season but this game sure surprises me on how much Bolding has changed the face of Patriot football! WOW!!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 20, 2017, 09:42:05 pm
Tied at 40. PA driving.

PA went for it 4th and 10 from their own 22 up by 6 with less than 2 minutes left. They didn't get it and Parkview scored with the short field. Then missed the xp so it's tied.

And????

RyanLR

Hatcher made the field goal!!! Bruins win!!!!

MDXPHD

PA kicked a fg to win by 3

MDXPHD

If Kelley punts with 2 minutes left from his own 22, I think the game would've been over much quicker. Those narrow goal posts were not friendly to Parkview though. He barely missed that last one. It wouldn't have mattered, as pa kicked the fg anyway. Nice little chipshot by Hatcher.

Parkview played a good game. They wanted it bad.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 20, 2017, 09:49:43 pm
PA kicked a fg to win by 3
Thanks for the update, Mr. PhD  :)

Overdahill

Hats off to Parkview; they played a great game

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 20, 2017, 09:42:21 pm

Been carried out on a stretcher. 

Maynard G Krebs

The term skin of one's teeth comes to mind

Maynard G Krebs

Hats off to PV.   They played well

PrivateLesson

PA Dad

Parkview played a great game.  Really good defensive scheme to limit deep passes and put pressure on Hatcher.  And on offense No's 3and 5 gave us fits and really impressed me.

PA played very poorly.  I think we had 6 turnovers.  Several passes to wide open receivers missed by a lot.

I've said many times that PA can be defeated.  That could have been tonight.  For those who've awarded PA the trophy, you might want to rethink it and make PA play the games.

If PA plays as poorly next week as they did tonight their winning streak will end.

The Future

When was the last time PA had a final be this close? Lol

I did a quick look through PAs fearless page and unless I overlooked one, it looks like their last close game was when Morrilton beat them 57-50 back in 2013 I believe.

Baitshop

HOLY SCHNIKES!! What in the hail happened in this one?

We were following this game in the pressbox at Southside and kept thinking that the updates where some kind of cruel joke...

I guess why the old timers always say, "on any given night"...

AirWarren

Quote from: Baitshop on October 20, 2017, 10:21:13 pm
HOLY SCHNIKES!! What in the hail happened in this one?

We were following this game in the pressbox at Southside and kept thinking that the updates where some kind of cruel joke...

I guess why the old timers always say, "on any given night"...

If bolding stays, he can build a monster there....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas