• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LRCA at McClellan

Started by PA Dad, October 14, 2017, 12:47:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

One of two big games in 5A this week.  Alma at Harrison gets equal billing.

This is a matchup of LRCA's speed and finesse versus McClellan's running game and power.

Bowersock and Hill are a dynamic duo for LRCA.  McClellan has a 235 lb running back that is a beast.

This one is hard to pick.  McClellan has not played a strong 5A team so it's hard to know how good they are.

I'll go with LRCA in a good contest.

Deuceswild

This is one I wish I could attend. We have a ton of respect for both these 2 teams and I too am curious if power will outweigh the speed. I will likely be watching this one on Saturday morning. McMuffins only loss is to a very stout NLR team. And LRCA only loss to you know who. Lol! Good luck to both teams this will likely shape up the 2 and 3 seed for the central. Gonna be a wild one for sure.

Jimmy1995

McClellan defense will stand up and win this game. I've been saying this all year. PA vs. McClellan will be the game of the year in 5A

PA Dad

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on October 14, 2017, 11:43:15 am
McClellan defense will stand up and win this game. I've been saying this all year. PA vs. McClellan will be the game of the year in 5A

I certainly won't discount your prediction.  Two years ago everyone laughed when you made an early prediction that McClellan would go to WMS but you were right.

Jimmy1995

Quote from: PA Dad on October 14, 2017, 12:31:33 pm
I certainly won't discount your prediction.  Two years ago everyone laughed when you made an early prediction that McClellan would go to WMS but you were right.
Might be back this year 😉

Overdahill

I'm going with McClellan by just enough

Maynard G Krebs

My pick (preference) is McClellan

Overdahill

I can't believe that no one is talking much about this game. I can't wait to see if McClellan's can put pressure on the QB and cover in addition to pounding the ball on offense

we_hate_the_band

It's not a good matchup for LRCA. McClellan is better on the line and has equal team speed. I don't think LRCA understands the concept of making a defensive game plan. If they let mcclellan hold on to the ball, it's not gonna be pretty. This game will be the Bennie Kemp show.

Rocket23

It should be a shootout!  It is being played at Central.

Turnovers will be key.  LRCA will have to slow down the McClellan running game somewhat, although that will be a big chore for the Warriors.  But at the same time, McClellan will have to step up in pass defense.  McClellan will be the biggest team LRCA faces this year, and I am sure the Lions DLine will be bringing it.  That may open things up for Bowersock's running or maybe even see Hill playing QB more like he did vs Warren.

5A is balling this year.

Overdahill

Quote from: Rocket23 on October 18, 2017, 10:34:14 am
It should be a shootout!  It is being played at Central.

Turnovers will be key.  LRCA will have to slow down the McClellan running game somewhat, although that will be a big chore for the Warriors.  But at the same time, McClellan will have to step up in pass defense.  McClellan will be the biggest team LRCA faces this year, and I am sure the Lions DLine will be bringing it.  That may open things up for Bowersock's running or maybe even see Hill playing QB more like he did vs Warren.

5A is balling this year.

U got that right!

Yellowcake

This is the game that should concern LRCA. I do think it is indeed a bad matchup. I hope LRCA can find a way.

Lumberjackfan1978

Rocket23

The coaches are very concerned.  Not overlooking at all.  Plus playing on turf at Central as opposed to natural field not in good shape at McClellan.

Overdahill

Quote from: Rocket23 on October 19, 2017, 12:23:45 pm
The coaches are very concerned.  Not overlooking at all.  Plus playing on turf at Central as opposed to natural field not in good shape at McClellan.

The game plans and adjustments will be intriguing in this one

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: Overdahill on October 19, 2017, 01:27:56 pm
The game plans and adjustments will be intriguing in this one

Well, if LRCA continues their trend of giving up points to opposing teams, this will get ugly fast. They are only allowing 37 a game. McClellan is only giving up 16.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on October 19, 2017, 02:59:15 pm
They are only allowing 37 a game.

It's at 37 because PA only scored 86 against them.

PA Dad

I'll be at the PA game, but I'd love to see this one.  Although i've predicted a LRCA win, I'm not real confident about that prediction.

Power versus finesse.  Great offense against stout defense.  Two good coaches playing chess.  How much better can it get?

I'll stick with my prediction that LRCA wins this game with its high powered offense.  And I'll eat a little crow if I'm wrong  but not much.  The game is just too close.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 19, 2017, 03:13:29 pm
It's at 37 because PA only scored 86 against them.

My bad, 30 when you remove the PA outlier.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on October 20, 2017, 09:04:37 am
My bad, 30 when you remove the PA outlier.

I say keep that result and round up. It sounds more impressive to allow 40 a game and only have 1 loss.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 20, 2017, 09:39:13 am
I say keep that result and round up. It sounds more impressive to allow 40 a game and only have 1 loss.

More impressive to give up 16 a game and have 1 loss to a team that's gonna play for a state title 2 classifications higher. Not to mention playing said team within 20 points.

But that's just my opinion.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on October 20, 2017, 10:09:55 am
More impressive to give up 16 a game and have 1 loss to a team that's gonna play for a state title 2 classifications higher. Not to mention playing said team within 20 points.

But that's just my opinion.

You serious Clark??

I think we're on different pages here.  My first response was a joke to the statement that LRC is 'only' allowing 37 per game. My last post was pure sarcasm.

MacTown34

FINAL MCLELLAN 52  LRCA 26

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 20, 2017, 11:50:15 am
You serious Clark??

I think we're on different pages here.  My first response was a joke to the statement that LRC is 'only' allowing 37 per game. My last post was pure sarcasm.

Just figured you'd skipped across the river to a new bandwagon.

Chief_Osceola™

October 20, 2017, 01:44:36 pm #24 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:00:56 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Quote from: we_hate_the_band on October 20, 2017, 01:39:29 pm
Just figured you'd skipped across the river to a new bandwagon.

Why do you think I would do that? 

incogneto

Maynard G Krebs

This is a game I'd like to see

Overdahill

MDXPHD

Some great defense so far from McClellan

LS80

Blazer51

RazorDad

Final

LR Christian 22
McClellan 19

Overdahill

Great effort from both teams. Fun game to watch

Blazer51

If I didn't have a little brother playing tonight I would have most definitely made the drive for this game.

Rocket23

It was 6-0 McClellan at half.  LRCA defense played the best they have all year.

McClellan is big and fast.  LRCA had three drives come empty in the first half.

LRCA intercepted McClellan in the end zone with 6 seconds left.

FridayNightFans

Solid effort and a good win for the Warriors last night.

Senior leadership got the job done, led by the team captains #2/3/4/8

Offense was patient and finally figured out what McClellan was giving them, defense stepped up big time.

Rocket23

It was a total team effort on defense, but #10 Cole Alberius was huge on the edge.  He kept penetrating and getting contact behind LOS and not letting McClellan get around the corner a lot of the times.

The overlooked DB #8 Davis Lee played exceptional man cover last night.  When McClellan would throw, it almost would challenge Lee but he had several nice breakups and the final interception in the  endzone with 06 seconds left.

FridayNightFans

I agree Rocket - #8 gets my game ball.  They threw at him a half dozen times and he was in great position every time, including of course on the game ending int.

we_hate_the_band

Not shocked at the amount of scoring, but I figured McClellan would gut LRCA's run defense. Very impressive win. Both teams deserve the 2 seed. The mcclellan PA game should be riotous this week, along with SH and Parkview.

I really believe that any team that makes the playoffs in the central this year will make a run in the playoffs. Of the 6 contenders, Beebe got a quality win against greenbrier, SH went upside the head of Lakeside by 3 TD's (who is running away with the south) and LRCA went punch for punch with Harrison. Mcclellan, Parkview, and PA stepped up against some higher classifications and held their own. These next 10 days will be interesting as seeding goes.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas