• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

thoughts on how far mayflower can go?

Started by woopig123456, October 12, 2017, 09:36:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

woopig123456

i think mayflower could take it all if they play football like they have been...

WorkOrder

woopig123456

Quote from: WorkOrder on October 12, 2017, 09:37:26 am
1st or 2nd round.....maybe semi's

definitely 2nd round since they have a 1st round bye....

Grayte88

1st or 2nd round. That's funny.  They make it the semis at least!

WorkOrder

woopig123456

WorkOrder

IF Mayflower wins their conference, they will get beat on November 24 by Osceola

Grayte88

You probably haven't seen them play. How can you lose in 1st round with a bye! Lol

WorkOrder

If they get 2nd they WILL lose in the 2nd round

WorkOrder

Grayte88

Well they are going to win the conference.  Even with a loss to Harding they still have the tie-breaker over BK and Barton. I don't see Osceola beating Mayflower at home.

beach bum

Quote from: WorkOrder on October 12, 2017, 09:44:06 am
IF Mayflower wins their conference, they will get beat on November 24 by Osceola

I think that would be a good game...

SR30

luxora4life

IF Mayflower wins their conference, they will get beat on November 24 by Osceola  Rivercrest

I fixed it for you.  But then again, you could be right if Mayflower finish 2nd in the 2.

Jimbo Morphis

They can be in Little Rock in December.

CoolBreeze

Wishful thinking, WO. Osceola has a tall order to get into that bracket. They have to beat both Hoxie and Rivercrest.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: luxora4life on October 12, 2017, 10:27:28 am
I fixed it for you.  But then again, you could be right if Mayflower finish 2nd in the 2.
Not happening. Since they have the tiebreaker over Barton and BK, they'd have to lose 2. In the unlikely event that an underachieving and banged up Harding managed a win, they'd still have to lose to Cedar Ridge, Episcopal, or Marianna. that just ain't hapennin'

AmSycho

Quote from: Oldman on October 12, 2017, 10:34:09 am

I'll be there, too. Watching JC and Prescott slug it out.

AmSycho

Which side of the bracket are they on? JC or Prescott?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: AmSycho on October 12, 2017, 10:48:25 am
Which side of the bracket are they on? JC or Prescott?

The 3A-6 winners side.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2017, 10:54:39 am
The 3A-6 winners side.
I seem to detect a bit of wishful thinking in the above reply. Despite a lackluster season, thus far, Smackover is still 3-0 in conference and could miraculously still win the conference. If they can beat Fordyce, JC, and McGehee in successive weeks. (No small task, but if they could pull it off they'd deserve the win.)

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 12, 2017, 11:01:39 am
I seem to detect a bit of wishful thinking in the above reply. Despite a lackluster season, thus far, Smackover is still 3-0 in conference and could miraculously still win the conference. If they can beat Fordyce, JC, and McGehee in successive weeks. (No small task, but if they could pull it off they'd deserve the win.)

No, just still four more games to be played before seeds are set. It's most likely JC wins the conference. But like I said, anything is possible. That's why games are played on the field and not on rankings/forums.

luxora4life

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 12, 2017, 10:43:12 am
Not happening. Since they have the tiebreaker over Barton and BK, they'd have to lose 2. In the unlikely event that an underachieving and banged up Harding managed a win, they'd still have to lose to Cedar Ridge, Episcopal, or Marianna. that just ain't hapennin'

Well he is wrong. ;D

KOJACK

Mayflower could lose to the 3 seed from the 6(Smackover, McGehee or Fordyce)or they will lose to Rivercrest.

Catcher

I think Mayflower is pretty good this year. But honestly, who have they played? HA seems down this year. So honestly the conference is pretty weak. I think they could possibly go a long way, but playoffs is a different animal because sometimes a 3 seed in a certain conference is better than a 1 seed in a conference. Ready for playoffs. Everything is speculation at this point in the season. 

Lineman

Quote from: Oldman on October 12, 2017, 10:34:09 am
We can all be in the Rock in December, most will just have to buy a ticket.

beach bum

Realistically I would say most agree with this too... I would say they are the smallest of favorites right now in their 2nd round game against the 3 seed from the 6-3A. Still don't sleep on the 3 seed from that conference going to Mayflower and winning by a score or two. They could easily do that. Then in the quarterfinals I would give the tiniest edge to the winner of the 3-3A in that quarterfinal matchup. I am not saying that little section of 7 teams in the top right of the bracket is that strong of a section, however it should be super competitive between Mayflower, the winner of the 3-3A, and the 3 seed from the 6-3A. Those should end up being really close games whoever wins. Mayflower can lose in the 2nd round possibly, but maybe make it to the semifinals with a couple close wins. Their run ends in the semifinals though at best. That first round bye actually probably hurts them if the 3 seed from the 6-3A comes in healthy and more sharp just playing a 1st round game.

panther07

Quote from: Lineman on October 12, 2017, 12:00:11 pm

They normally let fans from teams playing in free?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Lineman on October 12, 2017, 12:00:11 pm
And that's what I meant, but I have a pass.

Coltfan2005

How much gas does the bus have in it? Does the driver have a credit card? Can the parents drive them? Does the school have the budget for airline seats? Does a train run through there? So many things.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Catcher on October 12, 2017, 11:36:30 am
I think Mayflower is pretty good this year. But honestly, who have they played? HA seems down this year. So honestly the conference is pretty weak. I think they could possibly go a long way, but playoffs is a different animal because sometimes a 3 seed in a certain conference is better than a 1 seed in a conference. Ready for playoffs. Everything is speculation at this point in the season.
True statements all. Regarding lower seeds having the potential to beat higher seeds, just look at last year's 1-3A tri-champs. Only one survived the first round. Also, back in 2012, Harding's toughest game before WMS came from Smackover, a 4-seed.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 12, 2017, 04:14:46 pm
True statements all. Regarding lower seeds having the potential to beat higher seeds, just look at last year's 1-3A tri-champs. Only one survived the first round. Also, back in 2012, Harding's toughest game before WMS came from Smackover, a 4-seed.

Man, I remember that game. No one all year had jumped on Harding. We were up 14-0 at halftime. Held Harding to a season low first half yardage and just completely got blown out the water the second half.

Lineman

Quote from: Oldman on October 12, 2017, 01:10:48 pm
And that's what I meant, but I have a pass.
I knew what you meant, I was just explaining it for the "others"

eagles04

Anyone saying that Mayflower will get beat in the second round obviously hasn't watched them at all. Saying they will lose in the second round is absolutely ridiculous. The closet team to even come close to Mayflower would be a very good 5-1 Barton team, by a score of 55-36. Mayflower should breeze their way to the semi-finals.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: eagles04 on October 12, 2017, 05:07:32 pm
Anyone saying that Mayflower will get beat in the second round obviously hasn't watched them at all. Saying they will lose in the second round is absolutely ridiculous. The closet team to even come close to Mayflower would be a very good 5-1 Barton team, by a score of 55-36. Mayflower should breeze their way to the semi-finals.

One game at a time. ;)

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2017, 05:08:15 pm
One game at a time. ;)

I was just about to say that myself.... They definitely can get to the semifinals but will have to win two hard fought and competitive games to get there. It won't be easy.

Lineman

You gotta watch those closet teams, they'll jump out & get ya.

SR30

I wonder where this thread will be around thanksgiving..My guess is Mayflower will be playing basketball and doing some black Friday shopping.

Coltfan2005

Have you seen Rivercrest play? How about Osceola? No? Then why would you say that Mayberry RFD can beat them. It's nice that your team has been rolling up points. But Barton isn't Rivercrest and Bald Knob isn't Osceola. I love it when these kids get on here and use some dipstick argument to brag about their team, when the argument simply proves that no one knows if Mudflaps can get by the 3-3A. (cast..reel in a tad...wait)

Grayte88

That's why nobody is trashing Osceola or rivercrest. Only a donkey would get on here and disrespect Mayflower not Mayberry! Riverfest or Osceola, whichever team makes it  to Mayflower  in the 2nd round,  if doesn't matter. The Eagles will be ready. I'm sure they aren't scared of ant team at this point! I'm sure that you haven't seen them play cause you wouldn't be talking crap!

Coltfan2005

actually, seen the Moving Vans play Bigelow and Barton. Seem to be a decent team but neither of those two teams had any speed to speak of and I was definitely not impressed with either's offense lines. Remains to be seen who the Sunflower boys do against a team with a big, physical offensive line and a backfield with speed.

(nibble...?)

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Grayte88 on October 12, 2017, 07:07:22 pm
That's why nobody is trashing Osceola or rivercrest. Only a donkey would get on here and disrespect Mayflower not Mayberry! Riverfest or Osceola, whichever team makes it  to Mayflower  in the 2nd round,  if doesn't matter. The Eagles will be ready. I'm sure they aren't scared of ant team at this point! I'm sure that you haven't seen them play cause you wouldn't be talking crap!

You're not crying are you? There's no crying in football!

SR30

October 12, 2017, 07:27:08 pm #42 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:38:28 pm by SR30
Excuse me sir!!! Over here, yea you the one with the hair.. I've seen mayflower play, that's why I'm talking crap. Was sitting in the stands as one of your highly intelligent students tried to streak across the field..they couldn't even get that right. A few wins doesn't make you an unstoppable team.. Just ask jeffy and his Mt View team last year.. 

Longfellow

Quote from: SR30 on October 12, 2017, 07:27:08 pm
Excuse me sir!!! Over here, yea you the one with the hair.. I've seen mayflower play, that's why I'm talking crap. Was sitting in the stands as one of your highly intelligent students tried to streak across the field..they couldn't even get that right. A few winds doesn't make you an unstoppable team.. Just ask jeffy and his Mt View team last year..
How many "winds" does Glen Rose have?

Grayte88

I don't about winds but I'm guessing your truly upset cause the Eagles whipped your teams rear, lol. I ain't crying at all. I'm not sure what the streaking was about but he did get suspended I heard. I haven't said they were unstoppable. Not sure what the streaker has to do with football though. Just keep running that mouth, lol

Grayte88

Oh a Glen Rose fan. We played y'all in a exhibition and tied at the half and Langrell didn't show you much.

SR30

October 12, 2017, 07:44:47 pm #46 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:47:00 pm by SR30
Well my spell check and the winds from your hot air just knocked me out of my chair. I guess you bumped your head if you think you whipped GR.. your OL couldn't stop a 3rd grader without grabbing the back of a jersey and hanging on.. I thought maybe they had attended a razorback OL camp this past summer.

panther07

Just let them have their moment.  They have two guys that can really play in a conference that is really down.  A conference that, outside of HA and BK, was already fairly weak.  Everything will get sorted out when the time comes.  They're foreign to this type of time. 

That said, those two backs they have will give any team a fit.  They are really good. 

Proud Buckaroo

What would you say the difference between Keon and Deon that separates them from one another? I'm asking because of the fact that one has more stats than the other.

panther07

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 12, 2017, 07:50:10 pm
What would you say the difference between Keon and Deon that separates them from one another? I'm asking because of the fact that one has more stats than the other.

One is in the backfield, and one is the slot.  That's the biggest difference haha. The one with the better stats is the better player.  At least he was last year. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas