• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Huge games, early weeks

Started by BannerChaser95, October 11, 2017, 03:17:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

October 11, 2017, 03:17:13 pm Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:18:44 pm by BannerChaser95
What's some big games early this year for your team?

Kirby @ Bradley 10/17
Mammoth springs @ Kirby 10/20 in the Home opener
Kirby vs Valley springs at Hendrix 10/24
Kirby @ Nevada 10/30

HorseFeathers

Terrible....it's still football season, Kirby should come north after December or at Christmas

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 11, 2017, 03:25:14 pm
Terrible....it's still football season, Kirby should come north after December or at Christmas
My football hopes and dreams were crushed by the razorbacks. And how dare you associate us to coming north.  Only in March and we will bring about 3 Tour busses and travel in packs. Be on the look out lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 11, 2017, 03:33:20 pm
My football hopes and dreams were crushed by the razorbacks. And how dare you associate us to coming north.  Only in March and we will bring about 3 Tour busses and travel in packs. Be on the look out lol

Forget about the hogs....I'm talking high school lol...My work schedule isn't good for many Tuesday night games

BannerMountainMan

Shirley and Guy 10/20 could be the biggest next week.

Bigleague

That game will be a blow out!!!!!!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 11, 2017, 04:45:10 pm
Forget about the hogs....I'm talking high school lol...My work schedule isn't good for many Tuesday night games
i Forgot about them after I drove 4 hours and paid what I paid to go watch them lose to Tcu lol

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Bigleague on October 11, 2017, 07:45:45 pm
That game will be a blow out!!!!!!

In the words of Liam Corsco...Not so fast my friend!
Daaaa Bluuuuue Devilzzz are a coming! Lot of talent, including one of best post players in the State and solid role players I think. Guy has a slight advantage talent wise and coaching wise, but I think it's close in this one.

Bigleague

1 returning player won't compete with Guy   101-76 guy. 

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Bigleague on October 11, 2017, 08:14:55 pm
1 returning player won't compete with Guy   101-76 guy.

Help me out here, Banner!!
80-75 Guy in a tight one.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on October 11, 2017, 08:16:33 pm
Help me out here, Banner!!
80-75 Guy in a tight one.
guy only has two returning Players,  oh wait they added 3 also, and yes Guy will probably win by 20+

Backboard Shattered

I thought Shirley had 2 or 3 move ins?

Bigleague

Lol.     Both added 3.   Lol. What in the world is going on.   

BannerMountainMan

Nobody was added that wasn't on the team from last year lol

Backboard Shattered

October 12, 2017, 08:01:04 am #14 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:02:57 am by Backboard Shattered
So those 3 played last year? Or not?

Bigleague

BannerChaser95

So didnt Shirley have move ins too that weren't eligible till this season?

thebigman3

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 12, 2017, 08:45:32 am
So didnt Shirley have move ins too that weren't eligible till this season?
Everybody knows Im not a fan of anything in Van Buren county but at least Shirley did it correctly holding theirs out for 365 days unlike others that go the PO Box and utilities and slum lord route! You know who Im talking about all you Fearless mainstays! Man that was hard giving Shirley credit but they still wont be very good although they think they will!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on October 12, 2017, 08:01:04 am
So those 3 played last year? Or not?
yeah two of em played last year, and the other one played baseball last year

thebigman3

I've heard good things and bad things about Shirley. Heard they're good and also heard they're bad. And for everyone saying that all they have is the Fuller boy... he can't lead a team by himself. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but he seems to lack leadership skills.

doctor in the house

Where are the new players at Guy from?

thebigman3

Conway and Mount Vernon what I was told. Mount Vernon I know for sure is where one of them is from.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on October 12, 2017, 10:45:36 am
Everybody knows Im not a fan of anything in Van Buren county but at least Shirley did it correctly holding theirs out for 365 days unlike others that go the PO Box and utilities and slum lord route! You know who Im talking about all you Fearless mainstays! Man that was hard giving Shirley credit but they still wont be very good although they think they will!!
"Correctly" is in the eye of the beholder because Arkansas School Choice, and it's not the schools fault for knowing the rules. If he didn't move in to the district is the only reason he couldn't have played last year. So you call it correctly. I call it missing an opportunity to help a state runner up team.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 12, 2017, 01:59:09 pm
"Correctly" is in the eye of the beholder because Arkansas School Choice, and it's not the schools fault for knowing the rules. If he didn't move in to the district is the only reason he couldn't have played last year. So you call it correctly. I call it missing an opportunity to help a state runner up team.
State runner-up team that SHOULD NOT have beaten yours would be the correct way of stating it. But beating yours in the state tournament with much on the line happens regularly about every March or so!

Hero of Twin Groves

School choice is dumb! I don't like that kids can just freely switch schools without penalty whenever they want.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on October 12, 2017, 02:59:19 pm
State runner-up team that SHOULD NOT have beaten yours would be the correct way of stating it. But beating yours in the state tournament with much on the line happens regularly about every March or so!
I mean it was 2-3 point game both times. I wouldn't say they shouldn't have been there. They won the game. However that's not what I'm saying. If you don't like how kids move to a school where they know they'll compete.Write you state senator, it makes no sense to me to waste a year of eligibility by not moving in to the school district. This isn't college where you get that year back.

BannerMountainMan

All you gotta do is move before June 1st and you can play that year, simple as that

Bigleague

Kirby be good.  Just like county line.  Probably quarters or semis and out.

Hero of Twin Groves

U mean you can't just move whenever you want? That's not school choice then.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 12, 2017, 08:32:50 pm
All you gotta do is move before June 1st and you can play that year, simple as that
Exactly. People out here acting like these kids making the financial decisions for their parents and these coaches forced them to move haha! 

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Bigleague on October 12, 2017, 08:59:05 pm
Kirby is small, fast but small bunch of shooters.

ErnestTBass

Quote from: Bigleague on October 12, 2017, 08:59:05 pm
Then its same as every year lose in quarters or semis in a class of basketball that has maybe 6 good teams in a good year! Even less than 6 in girls maybe half of that! Win 35 games don't break a sweat play dodgeball and rag all in the gym after that for a couple of weeks and then repeat next year! Is that what you meant big league?

Bigleague

Yes Ernest.  I think it is. 

Backboard Shattered

Has Kirby ever been in the finals?  Asking for a friend

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on October 13, 2017, 06:51:55 am
Has Kirby ever been in the finals?  Asking for a friend
Tell your friend they have.

Backboard Shattered

What year was that?  He wanted to know that also.  And did they win it?  He is very young doesn't have a computer or phone

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on October 13, 2017, 07:27:33 am
What year was that?  He wanted to know that also.  And did they win it?  He is very young doesn't have a computer or phone
I'll be sure and get the message to him. I'll send my carrier pigeon his way.

Backboard Shattered

No answer?  Hmmm!  He asked if you could tell me on here he loves basketball and the history of it

SackAttack

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on October 13, 2017, 07:59:56 am
No answer?  Hmmm!  He asked if you could tell me on here he loves basketball and the history of it
Love me some basketball history myself as I sit and yearn for the good old days where they only took two teams from four regionals and you had 8 very worthy qualified teams show up for an onsite state tournament. atmosphere out the wing wang. great teams every year unlike the crap you get now where your 3-4-5 seeds are 8-27 9-29 and 12-18. which brings me to a point to prove my point. Somebody go back to say like 1998 and do a cumulative record and winning percentage of the boys and girls teams that made the state tournament and compare to the TWENTY teams that made it last year. Twenty what a joke!! In that era there were 10-12 teams sitting at home better than the two hucksters that made the finals and semis last year. Whew I need a smoke!!

Backboard Shattered

Chaser of Banners what year was they in finals?  I would be willing to bet Moonpie wishes you would shut your pie hole!  Sometimes you need to think before you speak!  I'm told that daily

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on October 13, 2017, 09:02:33 am
Chaser of Banners what year was they in finals?  I would be willing to bet Moonpie wishes you would shut your pie hole!  Sometimes you need to think before you speak!  I'm told that daily
2005. And thanks for the advice!

Backboard Shattered

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on October 13, 2017, 08:59:46 am
Love me some basketball history myself as I sit and yearn for the good old days where they only took two teams from four regionals and you had 8 very worthy qualified teams show up for an onsite state tournament. atmosphere out the wing wang. great teams every year unlike the crap you get now where your 3-4-5 seeds are 8-27 9-29 and 12-18. which brings me to a point to prove my point. Somebody go back to say like 1998 and do a cumulative record and winning percentage of the boys and girls teams that made the state tournament and compare to the TWENTY teams that made it last year. Twenty what a joke!! In that era there were 10-12 teams sitting at home better than the two hucksters that made the finals and semis last year. Whew I need a smoke!!

You sound like a broken record...

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 13, 2017, 09:47:17 am
You sound like a broken record...
Prove me wrong!!! You must be one of those guys that likes a mediocre 20-15 team playing a junior varsity level 9-28 team in the first round of the state tournament. Me on the other hand give me two loaded 36-3 teams playing in the semi finals of the regional just to make it to the state tournament. Now thats worth a popcorn and coke right there. And yes probably before your time but still. Do you remember all those Walt Davis Hector teams that would get bounced in the semis of regionals every year by Ark Baptist. Every year but one I should have said! Broken record or not I have a valid point!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on October 13, 2017, 11:08:08 am
Prove me wrong!!! You must be one of those guys that likes a mediocre 20-15 team playing a junior varsity level 9-28 team in the first round of the state tournament. Me on the other hand give me two loaded 36-3 teams playing in the semi finals of the regional just to make it to the state tournament. Now thats worth a popcorn and coke right there. And yes probably before your time but still. Do you remember all those Walt Davis Hector teams that would get bounced in the semis of regionals every year by Ark Baptist. Every year but one I should have said! Broken record or not I have a valid point!

::)

Quit living in the past....this is what we have, nothing you can do about it...well unless you're on the department of education and can get the old small schools back? Or...perhaps you own a delorian?

Btw....I don't like watching the 15-20 record teams in state...I'd be okay with region champ and runner up being the only teams in state...would eliminate inclement weather problems...and some of those 80 point first round blow outs...

Backboard Shattered

No one likes watching bad teams in state it would be nice if they wasn't there.  Well besides parents of the team.  The whole thing has turned into money and participation trophies!  No wonder kids are soft.  Everything is easy besides. Ring really good.  That's work unless you move in talent.  The game has changed a lot Sack prob not for the best but maybe there is hope

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 13, 2017, 11:39:51 am
::)

Quit living in the past....this is what we have, nothing you can do about it...well unless you're on the department of education and can get the old small schools back? Or...perhaps you own a delorian?

Btw....I don't like watching the 15-20 record teams in state...I'd be okay with region champ and runner up being the only teams in state...would eliminate inclement weather problems...and some of those 80 point first round blow outs...
And alas you help me make my point once again! Nothing wrong with wanting a better product and making your point and whats good and isnt good. It isnt a question of living in the past its making a point about the state of the present so if Im a broken record then so be it! The state of class 1A and 2A basketball is horrific the way its set up! The old system would force teams and programs to get better IMO. Its made coaches complacent IMO again. Shirley would not have made state last year! Wonderview boys would not have made state in 2014. Coaches looking ahead in district to see where their better bracket placement might be. Happier with a third place regional finish than winning the thing. Makes this old purist sick to his stomach. Dont try to argue that last point either!! Overheard a coaches conversation last year to that exact point.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on October 13, 2017, 11:59:42 am
And alas you help me make my point once again! Nothing wrong with wanting a better product and making your point and whats good and isnt good. It isnt a question of living in the past its making a point about the state of the present so if Im a broken record then so be it! The state of class 1A and 2A basketball is horrific the way its set up! The old system would force teams and programs to get better IMO. Its made coaches complacent IMO again. Shirley would not have made state last year! Wonderview boys would not have made state in 2014. Coaches looking ahead in district to see where their better bracket placement might be. Happier with a third place regional finish than winning the thing. Makes this old purist sick to his stomach. Dont try to argue that last point either!! Overheard a coaches conversation last year to that exact point.
To that point tho, teams like Acorn Would never have went in to the semis, and forced OT against Emerson. Being a 4 seed and probably 18-20 wins max.  I'm not a fan of "neither should have been there" they were there and they beat teams they shouldn't have. Lord knows the NCAA screwed up moving it to 64 teams these dang Cinderella's messing with my bracket. That non sense has no place in sports.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 13, 2017, 12:22:53 pm
To that point tho, teams like Acorn Would never have went in to the semis, and forced OT against Emerson. Being a 4 seed and probably 18-20 wins max.  I'm not a fan of "neither should have been there" they were there and they beat teams they shouldn't have. Lord knows the NCAA screwed up moving it to 64 teams these dang Cinderella's messing with my bracket. That non sense has no place in sports.
So you are comparing D1 basketball to class 1A in Arkansas  ::) ::) ::). Nice try dude nice try

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas