• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Player in the 6A this year?

Started by BirdCall, October 10, 2017, 10:46:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BirdCall

The best player in the 6A is on Jonesboro which is Tony Hutson but in my opinion and what I seen from the state game against El Dorado is that Tony Hutson was the best player on that team abd was a major reason why hey won that game. If you rank their top 4 players last year to me it was Tony Hutson, Ben Harvey, Eaton, Then Desi Sills. I don't see how Tony didn't get MVP of the state game but basketball is nothing but a bunch of politics sometimes if you ask me.

PrivateLesson

What were his stats on the season last year compared to the other players you mentioned? 

BirdCall

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 20, 2017, 08:05:31 am
What were his stats on the season last year compared to the other players you mentioned?
I am not sure but I am going off the basis of them playing in a high level game against two high major D1 players in Czar and Big Dan you could see who belonged on court and who was over hyped just saying.

ricepig

Quote from: BirdCall on October 10, 2017, 10:46:15 am
The best player in the 6A is on Jonesboro which is Tony Hutson but in my opinion and what I seen from the state game against El Dorado is that Tony Hutson was the best player on that team abd was a major reason why hey won that game. If you rank their top 4 players last year to me it was Tony Hutson, Ben Harvey, Eaton, Then Desi Sills. I don't see how Tony didn't get MVP of the state game but basketball is nothing but a bunch of politics sometimes if you ask me.

I doubt colleges have any "political" agenda in finding their players. Tony played in front of lots coaches, playing for Jonesboro, and his summer team. He's a very good player and if he's got the game, someone will offer him.

BirdCall

Quote from: ricepig on October 21, 2017, 09:24:37 am
I doubt colleges have any "political" agenda in finding their players. Tony played in front of lots coaches, playing for Jonesboro, and his summer team. He's a very good player and if he's got the game, someone will offer him.
You must forgot he played AAU this summer for the Hawks with the Hog 4. What can you possibly do with 5-15 mins a game. I am giving my opinion on what I saw from him and the other players once they played against some other high level players in Arkansas. In that case both Tevin Brewer and Czar Perry tore up  Arkansas high school basketball last year and you see the Arkansas Wings wouldn't cut Tevin loose and just let him play his game. Also with Czar it got so bad that he quit the team and joined another team because 5-15 mins ain't gone cut it for players that play a such a high level like them to showcase their talents. I promise you can't name me two players that shook the state up more than Czar and Tevin last year. Big Dan yea but he was the biggest dude in the state. 

ricepig

Quote from: BirdCall on October 21, 2017, 04:16:32 pm
You must forgot he played AAU this summer for the Hawks with the Hog 4. What can you possibly do with 5-15 mins a game. I am giving my opinion on what I saw from him and the other players once they played against some other high level players in Arkansas. In that case both Tevin Brewer and Czar Perry tore up  Arkansas high school basketball last year and you see the Arkansas Wings wouldn't cut Tevin loose and just let him play his game. Also with Czar it got so bad that he quit the team and joined another team because 5-15 mins ain't gone cut it for players that play a such a high level like them to showcase their talents. I promise you can't name me two players that shook the state up more than Czar and Tevin last year. Big Dan yea but he was the biggest dude in the state.

You have to take advantage of the minutes you get, make them play you. I know who he played for this summer, and how he played. How many JHS games did you watch last year?

BirdCall

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 07:09:27 am
You have to take advantage of the minutes you get, make them play you. I know who he played for this summer, and how he played. How many JHS games did you watch last year?
I saw two games last year one regular season then the State game. I am entitled to my own opinion and as in a skill perspective of basketball that how I would rank them from last years team.

ricepig

Quote from: BirdCall on October 25, 2017, 11:37:15 am
I saw two games last year one regular season then the State game. I am entitled to my own opinion and as in a skill perspective of basketball that how I would rank them from last years team.

So, not a seasons body of work? As to your opinion, it's no different than any of the rest of us, it's just an opinion.

sevenof400

Quote from: BirdCall on October 10, 2017, 10:46:15 am
The best player in the 6A is on Jonesboro which is Tony Hutson but in my opinion ...

This year hasn't even begun yet - jumping the gun a bit are we? 

BirdCall

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 27, 2017, 08:09:06 am
This year hasn't even begun yet - jumping the gun a bit are we?
I just read what I said and I made a mistake to me he is the best player on Jonesboro this year not in the
best player in the 6A but is one of the top players in the 6A of course.

The TruthSayer

BirdCall I understand what you are saying.  You called out some good names with Czar, Tevin and Daniel.  I saw many JB games and know that Tony Hutson could start on any 6A team last year including JB it just wasn't the design.  That was a great team and Tony thrived coming off the bench.  Hopefully he will thrive this year as a starter.  I also think Jonathan Adams did not get enough credit for what he meant to JB.  With that being said about best player on that team or in 6A last year, in my humble opinion not talking about talent or athletic ability, the player from last year in 6A I would start my team with is Marquis Eaton.  The kid is big, strong, distributor, scorer, you can't turn him over and was something like 43 of 46 from the line (mostly in 4th quarter) of the conference and state tournaments.  Did not have his best game in state finals but he is who I would want to lead my team.  I hope he has a great career at ASU.

I can't wait to see the 6A (best classification) again this year.  NLR is going to be loaded and will probably be the best team in the state.  I don't really see any challenge to them from the 7A.

BirdCall

Quote from: The TruthSayer on October 31, 2017, 04:00:53 pm
BirdCall I understand what you are saying.  You called out some good names with Czar, Tevin and Daniel.  I saw many JB games and know that Tony Hutson could start on any 6A team last year including JB it just wasn't the design.  That was a great team and Tony thrived coming off the bench.  Hopefully he will thrive this year as a starter.  I also think Jonathan Adams did not get enough credit for what he meant to JB.  With that being said about best player on that team or in 6A last year, in my humble opinion not talking about talent or athletic ability, the player from last year in 6A I would start my team with is Marquis Eaton.  The kid is big, strong, distributor, scorer, you can't turn him over and was something like 43 of 46 from the line (mostly in 4th quarter) of the conference and state tournaments.  Did not have his best game in state finals but he is who I would want to lead my team.  I hope he has a great career at ASU.

I can't wait to see the 6A (best classification) again this year.  NLR is going to be loaded and will probably be the best team in the state.  I don't really see any challenge to them from the 7A.
Bentonville, Harber, Bryant, Conway, Northside all have a chance to win state this year in the 7A. NLR was the favor to win last year and we see what happened.Not a fan of Eaton but you are entitled to your own opinion. I also think Adams played a big role in them winning and should get more credit.

sevenof400

Quote from: BirdCall on October 31, 2017, 09:33:02 am
I just read what I said and I made a mistake to me he is the best player on Jonesboro this year not in the
best player in the 6A but is one of the top players in the 6A of course.

Fair enough - this ought to be a very interesting season. 

Bbal789

1. Desi Sills-Jonesboro
2. Chris Moore-West Memphis
3. Tony Hutson-Jonesboro
4. Keyshaun Woods-Marion
5. Kyle Moore-Jonesboro
6. Ryan Maxwell-Jacksonville
7. Detrick Reeves-Marion
8. Jonathan Coleman-Little Rock Hall
9. Kendrick Thorn-Pine Bluff
10. Makyi Boyce-Marion

BirdCall

Quote from: Bbal789 on November 22, 2017, 10:53:06 am
1. Desi Sills-Jonesboro
2. Chris Moore-West Memphis
3. Tony Hutson-Jonesboro
4. Keyshaun Woods-Marion
5. Kyle Moore-Jonesboro
6. Ryan Maxwell-Jacksonville
7. Detrick Reeves-Marion
8. Jonathan Coleman-Little Rock Hall
9. Kendrick Thorn-Pine Bluff
10. Makyi Boyce-Marion
#1 Chris Moore
#2 Gerald Doakes- eligible next semester for Jacksonville
#3 Sills
#4Hutson

Bbal789

Gerald Doakes would be the number two player. I wasn't sure where he was playing or if he was eligible

BirdCall

Quote from: Bbal789 on November 24, 2017, 11:16:44 pm
Gerald Doakes would be the number two player. I wasn't sure where he was playing or if he was eligible
You seriously putting Sills above Moore and Doakes ???

Bbal789

Quote from: BirdCall on November 24, 2017, 11:57:27 pm
You seriously putting Sills above Moore and Doakes ???

For now yes, definitely could change though. I feel like Chris Moore could be the best player by the end of the year

SCHawg

Quote from: BirdCall on October 21, 2017, 04:16:32 pm
This is interesting.  I saw both those guards play and both were great.  Tell a little more about the Wings not letting them play their game?  Overcoaching? 

BirdCall

Quote from: SCHawg on November 27, 2017, 03:16:59 pm
This is interesting.  I saw both those guards play and both were great.  Tell a little more about the Wings not letting them play their game?  Overcoaching?
If you seen Czar and Tevin play you know that no matter who that first defender is he is going to get blown by and he will need help because they are very quick with a great handle.They also are score first guards that create so many opportunities for there teammates to be in the right spot and most of the time for an wide open shot. I didn't see one person last year who could defend either one of them help was always needed. Both of them played for the wings and it seemed as if the Wings wanted Tevin to be a pass first PG but thats not what got him on the AAU team in the first place. They notice his talent to get buckets and also create for his teammates easily. With Czar they also had a short leash on him and would not let him play his fast pace Westbrook type of game that he plays. I promise you their wasn't two more dynamic guards on that team than them. Then its crazy how the best player in the 7A best scholarship is a D2. I do not care about size at all it is about the fight in the dog and Tevin Brewer is a dog that is why he is averaging 23 points, 6 assists and 3 rebounds  at Eastern Oklahoma State Juco to prove he is a legitimate should be high major D1 player. Sorry I have seen Isaiah Joe play for Northside plenty of times and he is good but Tevin is an elite player and if Joe is going to Arkansas then Tevin should be at Duke or Kentucky my opinion. And it is down right a shame that Arkansas from what I heard was trying to offer Czar a preferred walk on spot when he is clearly better than most the guards Arkansas has and could have been Starting at PG over Anton Beard who really doesn't fit the fast 40 type of play.

BirdCall

Czar had interest from these schools: Purdue, Wichita State, LSU, Texas, Kansas State and Arkansas, and he visited Wichita State but no one pulled trigger on him other than low D1s that are no better than D2 programs. Not knocking D2 but Czar is a mid major to high major player in my eyes and some people question his grades but he is at Northwestern  State right now a low D1 who offered late so I wonder what is the real deal. I know tons of coaches seen him because he played with Big Dan so I know those other coaches saw him shining just as bright as Big Dan was on that court making plays and signing autographs later.

BirdCall

Czar was going to go to a prep school in Atlanta call The Skill Factory but once he got that late offer he took it and ran with it. He also would have played with the Alanta Celtics AAU team this summer which is in the Adidas circuit like the Arkansas Hawks and I am sure the Celtics would not have held him back they wanted him bad both the prep school and AAU team.

SCHawg

I will have to agree with all of what you said Bird.  Some coaches just can't handle a score first PG like Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Lillard, etc.....  To me it's an EGO thing.  They want to say hey look it was my play we ran is why we scored instead of just letting kids play. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas