• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benton at El Dorado

Started by Wildcat Football, October 10, 2017, 09:58:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat Football

October 10, 2017, 09:58:11 am Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:00:09 am by Wildcat Football
I like the Wildcats in this showdown, 35-28.  Benton's defense has been playing better each week, but ED will be looking to stop a Benton 5-game winning streak over the past few years.  It's time for a Wildcat win at home against the Panthers and start gaining some momentum heading into playoffs.  There is a lot on the line in this game, home field and playoff seeding. Panthers made some miscues last week v. Texarkana, but RB Wallace and big O-Line is cause for concern.

jeffslilbro

jay nelvin

How did the new Benton QB look, and how is the Morrow kid's recovery coming along?

Bigfootdogfan

Does anyone know if this game will be streamed live?

If so, what is the link?

admorris24

New Benton kid looked a little rusty IMO.  Not sure on Morrow recovery.  game will be streamed bentonpantherfootball.com

zebradynasty

This should be a good game I'll pick Eldog only because they are at home.

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: admorris24 on October 11, 2017, 11:29:00 am
New Benton kid looked a little rusty IMO.  Not sure on Morrow recovery.  game will be streamed bentonpantherfootball.com

Thanks for info on live stream.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on October 10, 2017, 09:55:23 pm
Does anyone know if this game will be streamed live?

If so, what is the link?

Eldo isn't that sophisticated.  We don't have web pages and hype like GW and Benton.  If you contribute some $$ to my PayPal account I might be able to hook a brother up with a cellphone video.   8)

Wildcat Football

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on October 12, 2017, 11:28:43 am
Eldo isn't that sophisticated.  We don't have web pages and hype like GW and Benton.  If you contribute some $$ to my PayPal account I might be able to hook a brother up with a cellphone video.   8)
You got that right, buddy! LOL :D

maxswine

Hootens has this El D by 3, which since they are at home means a pick em game on a neutral site.  Trying to talk myself into making the trek down to watch it.  I think Benton wins by 10.  I could say that it's because of Benton being explosive offensively, but really it's because I like to pick against Hootens in close games. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

If Benton gets out to a quick lead, this could get ugly.  However, if ED can contain Benton's horse of a running back, then ED has the tools and speed to beat Benton.   Should be the best and closest game in 6A this week.

Wildcat_Booster

riccoar

admorris24

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Correction.  Eldo 27
                  Benton 14
                  White Hat 6
8)

Panther36

Good game El Dorado!! Fast D got us tonight!

Oldbadger

Congrats Eldo, didn't see the game,  but kept up with the score.  If the past tells us anything, we'll see you agaon.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 13, 2017, 11:35:36 pm
Congrats Eldo, didn't see the game,  but kept up with the score.  If the past tells us anything, we'll see you agaon.

Very good game.  Benton is tough.  Game plan was to shut down Wallace and make the young QB throw and we basically did.  Turnovers and penalties hurt both teams.  That last Benton scoring drive we played with 10 players on defense for what looked like 3 plays.  SMDH.  Probably see you guys in playoffs.  Good luck with GW next week

Wildcat Football

Lucky to get win with 4 ED Turnovers and Refs very bad whistle call right before half.  Benton is a good team, but had some special team lapses.  I'm sure these teams will play again at some point in the playoffs.  Wildcat defense played a great game and finally broke Panther 5-game win streak.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Wildcat Football on October 15, 2017, 11:41:52 am
Lucky to get win with 4 ED Turnovers and Refs very bad whistle call right before half.  Benton is a good team, but had some special team lapses.  I'm sure these teams will play again at some point in the playoffs.  Wildcat defense played a great game and finally broke Panther 5-game win streak.
+1

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 13, 2017, 10:14:58 am
If Benton gets out to a quick lead, this could get ugly.  However, if ED can contain Benton's horse of a running back, then ED has the tools and speed to beat Benton.   Should be the best and closest game in 6A this week.

Contained him they did.  55 yards on 12 attempts.  He was hit behind the line almost all night.  After 1st quarter he started tip toeing into the hole.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on October 16, 2017, 11:13:08 am
Contained him they did.  55 yards on 12 attempts.  He was hit behind the line almost all night.  After 1st quarter he started tip toeing into the hole.

Are you referring to the Wallace kid or the Brewer kid?

Panther36

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 20, 2017, 02:45:48 pm
Are you referring to the Wallace kid or the Brewer kid?

Wallace, I would guess. Brewer is goalline/wildcat only.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas