• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maumelle @ Morrilton

Started by Chief_Osceola™, October 09, 2017, 08:44:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief_Osceola™

Huge game this Friday.  A Maumelle win would all but assure a playoff berth.  A Morrilton win would go a long way toward them securing a playoff spot. 

Last week, Maumelle came out flat and got punched in the mouth by the single wing for nearly 2 quarters.  Clarksville played a heck of a ballgame.  Morrilton jumped out early and had to hang on late.  If we're using the transitive property, Maumelle should be favored, but it's a road game and Morrilton will be tough at home.  But I've never been a fan of the transitive property.

Anyway, I think Maumelle has found its groove after trying to find its identity in weeks 1 and 2.  I know Morrilton lost a lot after last year, but they still have some great athletes like us.  In fact, we're probably the 2 most athletic teams in the conference.  We have speed all over the field, and I'm sure Morrilton does too.  I expect a great game.

What are your thoughts, especially those from the West who are familiar with Maumelle or Morrilton, or both.

Overdahill

I didn't pick between Alma and Morrilton last week because i felt I could make a strong case either way. I feel the same way about this one, who the heck knows? ???

the voice

I appreciate the insight on Maumelle, 

The devil dogs lost more than anything senior leadership from last year. Athletically they're as good or better in most spots but they make mistakes that hurt. When they're in sync and not coasting as we all know gifted players do sometimes, they're good as anyone. Just ask Harrison and Alma. When they let up and lose focus , they disappear, lol , ask Alma and greenbrier.

Team athletes probably agree with you chief , but 21 is a player at Alma and their qb is typical Alma qb, a gamer and  competitor.
The husky kid from Harrison is as gifted as player , not your Harrison team of last couple years. Those teams are good.

InYoGrill

Awe Chief and Voice having a bit of a pregame pow wow TeePee meeting... cute! LOL

Talk about a game with the best athletes in the conference going at it. Consistency and leadership seem to be the biggest LACKING drivers for these teams if they want to pole position for the playoffs. I will pick M over M by late 2pt conversion to seal the deal.

;)

Chief_Osceola™

the voice

InYoGrill

Quote from: the voice on October 09, 2017, 09:34:00 pm
I agree with that pick !!

I will explain tomorrow in my office why I think M is going to win. LOL! Be some crazy speed on that field Fri. The rest of the West can only ooooh and awwww when playing these two teams.

Paw-Paw

I think Morrilton takes the momentum from last week and beats Maumelle to even their conference record at 2-2. Morrilton found their identity last Friday night and I think that was the missing component in their earlier 5A-West matchups.

the voice

October 10, 2017, 09:41:38 pm #8 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:16:14 am by the voice
Could be , splitting QBs earlier, brier was first game they didn't split and the announcement had an effect on some of the players. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 09, 2017, 08:44:53 pm
Huge game this Friday.  A Maumelle win would all but assure a playoff berth.  A Morrilton win would go a long way toward them securing a playoff spot. 

Last week, Maumelle came out flat and got punched in the mouth by the single wing for nearly 2 quarters.  Clarksville played a heck of a ballgame.  Morrilton jumped out early and had to hang on late.  If we're using the transitive property, Maumelle should be favored, but it's a road game and Morrilton will be tough at home.  But I've never been a fan of the transitive property.

Anyway, I think Maumelle has found its groove after trying to find its identity in weeks 1 and 2.  I know Morrilton lost a lot after last year, but they still have some great athletes like us.  In fact, we're probably the 2 most athletic teams in the conference.  We have speed all over the field, and I'm sure Morrilton does too.  I expect a great game.

What are your thoughts, especially those from the West who are familiar with Maumelle or Morrilton, or both.

I see those hornets have found them a QB.

Glad to hear one is the stud b-ball players came on out for football.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2017, 05:24:20 am
I see those hornets have found them a QB.

Glad to hear one is the stud b-ball players came on out for football.

We have several baseball players playing this fall.  2 are quarterbacks - one has been injured; the other is slinging it around the field.  One is an offensive/defensive lineman, and one is a linebacker. 

Plus we will hopefully be getting back a few who were out last week.  One is a really good playmaker who has seen time at QB and WR (he's possibly the fastest kid on the team), and a couple of guys on defense should be back.

Deuceswild

If it wasn't for the home field, I might consider Maumelle, but Motown prolly gonna snag this one

bobnweaven

Well, seems to be a toss up from most posters. Morrilton at home is tough. Maumelle on a roll is tough. Earlier this season they put down a good GB team on the road. Likewise, Morrilton beat Alma on the road.... But, here's the kicker. Morrilton lost at home to that same GB team. I'm going with the Maumelle Hornets by 14 as there offense and defense has done nothing but get better each week.

the voice

PercussionMan

Maumelle 0
Morrilton 21

End of 1st

Chief_Osceola™

PercussionMan

Maumelle 7
Morrilton 35

Halftime

Chief_Osceola™

Miscues in the secondary are killing Maumelle. It didn't help that 10 points were taken off the board, but credit to Motown - they are playing well.

PercussionMan

Maumelle 7
Morrilton 42

7:04 in 3rd quarter

Mercy Rule in effect!!

PercussionMan

Maumelle 28
Morrilton 49

2:19 in 4th

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas