• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a-3 week 7 with Conference. Standing

Started by luxora4life, October 09, 2017, 05:17:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

luxora4life

2016 Results

Osceola vs Hoxie                     50-42 Hoxie
Rivercrest at Walnut Ridge       28-20 RC
Manila vs Piggott                     21-20 Piggott
Newport at Corning                 55-0 Newport

1.  Osceola
2.  Rivercrest
3.  Hoxie
4.  Manila
5.  Piggott
6.  Newport
T-7 Corning/Walnut Ridge

Paperman

Osceola by 7
Crest by 30
Piggott by 21
Newport by 14

Coltfan2005

Hoxie
Rivercrest
Piggott
Newport...but I wouldn't be too shocked to see Corning end the curse.

ISU7

October 10, 2017, 10:05:44 am #3 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 01:14:34 am by ISU7
Quote from: Paperman on October 09, 2017, 06:21:22 pm
Osceola by 7
Crest by 30
Piggott by 21
Newport by 14
I dont think Crest will win by 30 at WR its a tough place to play regardless of how their team playing.

Coltfan2005

redandgray

Shouldn't have been close last year.  Walnut Ridge was much better last year and the Colts are better this year.  I'm not saying the Colts win by 30, but it wouldn't surprise me.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Paperman on October 09, 2017, 06:21:22 pm
Osceola by 7
Crest by 30
Piggott by 21
Newport by 14
I like it. However, with Newport's inconsistency, it would not be a shock to see them either win by mercy rule or end Corning's losing streak

Coltfan2005

Newport has an undersized offensive line that is also under achieving. Not sure if the starters are hurt or what but the line that played Friday night can not possibly be Newport's best.

Paperman

ISU7

Coltfan2005

Got a message from someone asking how to get the scores on conf games. What you can do is take a device (phone, android tablet, ipad) with you to the games. newport has sound of the hounds live video plus cable 15 on youtube. Piggott hometown channel posts every game live on youtube. Hoxie apparently does the same with 42 sports. That alows you to get the scores on at least possibly 3 of the 4 conf games each week depending on who plays who. I am told Manila does the same through Eritter but I have never checked it out. Of course, Osceola, Hoxie, Walnut Ridge, Newport, and maybe Corning also are on the radio.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 11, 2017, 01:59:16 pm
Got a message from someone asking how to get the scores on conf games. What you can do is take a device (phone, android tablet, ipad) with you to the games. newport has sound of the hounds live video plus cable 15 on youtube. Piggott hometown channel posts every game live on youtube. Hoxie apparently does the same with 42 sports. That alows you to get the scores on at least possibly 3 of the 4 conf games each week depending on who plays who. I am told Manila does the same through Eritter but I have never checked it out. Of course, Osceola, Hoxie, Walnut Ridge, Newport, and maybe Corning also are on the radio.
Yeah Osceola games are on the radio every friday starting at 6:40 on 107.3 KQXF

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 11, 2017, 04:16:10 pm

Yeah Osceola games are on the radio every friday starting at 6:40 on 107.3 KQXF
When you listen to these guys make sure you have a box of Kleenex... :'( ;D 8)

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on October 13, 2017, 01:01:47 am
When you listen to these guys make sure you have a box of Kleenex... :'( ;D 8)
Lol why is that?🤔

ISU7

Coltfan2005

Actually, when I listen to them I tend to need a bucket.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 13, 2017, 11:25:59 am
Actually, when I listen to them I tend to need a bucket.
Why's that. A box of Kleenex not enough to contain your tears?

Heisman Pose

Piggott by 16
Osceola by 12
Rivercrest by 40
Newport by 30

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

Osceola 44
Hoxie 13

3:34 left in the game

501Arkansas

redandgray

Oldhound56

ISU7

Quote from: ISU7 on October 10, 2017, 10:05:44 am
I dont think Crest will win by 30 at WR its a tough place to play regardless of how their team playing.
Wow glad i dont get paid to think.. ;D

Coltfan2005

501Arkansas

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 14, 2017, 05:25:10 am
As are we all. Hey, I picked Hoxie.
Lol Seminoles could've mercy rule them. Before hooks took the starters out the score was 37 to 7

panther07

Who is going to get the 2 seed over here? Haven't paid just a ton of attention and this conference been kinda wacky.

501Arkansas

Quote from: panther07 on October 14, 2017, 09:35:39 am
Who is going to get the 2 seed over here? Haven't paid just a ton of attention and this conference been kinda wacky.
Won't find out tell week 10 Osceola vs Rivercrest

luxora4life

501Arkansas

luxora4life

October 14, 2017, 11:08:03 am #33 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:14:23 am by luxora4life
Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 14, 2017, 10:11:48 am
I doubt it

You can keep doubting it for a couple more weeks.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 14, 2017, 09:54:04 am
Right. It will the the loser of that game.

luxora4life

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 14, 2017, 12:45:48 pm
Right. It will the the loser of that game.

Is that not what I said when I said Osceola :D

CoolBreeze

Quote from: luxora4life on October 14, 2017, 01:12:06 pm
Is that not what I said when I said Osceola :D
Could be. But I wouldn't count my chickens. Just look what happened to an "unbeatable" team last night.

ISU7

October 14, 2017, 02:39:16 pm #37 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 03:58:42 pm by ISU7
Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 14, 2017, 09:27:30 am
Lol Seminoles could've mercy rule them. Before hooks took the starters out the score was 37 to 7
Playing that going by scores can get you beat its a different game every week. Hoxie pull their defensive starters when Osceola pull theirs Osceola 2nd team score twice . When Hoxie cut into the lead late Hooks put his defensive starters back in the game. We as fans always say we couldve  did this we couldve did that. The final score is the only score that counts  Colts can say they mercy rule Walnut Ridge last week while the Noles only beat them by 21.Im telling you each week is different like Osceola only loss was to 5A Blytheville by 8pts who lost to 5A Valley View by 13pts who beat RC by 3pts ,we can go on and on with this but it wont decide who wins next week or the next.Also a quick lil stat for you out if the 6 wins Crest have,  4  are officially mercy rules but we all know  games are played on the field. 

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 14, 2017, 09:54:04 am
Exactly cause the game will certainly be played on the field and neither team better not overlook anyone left. A key injury or two and its a whole different story.

DogCatcher

If Newport wins out there would most likely be a 3 way tie for 2nd. By the way they have played who knows what they do.

bootlegger

Quote from: ISU7 on October 14, 2017, 02:39:16 pm
Playing that going by scores can get you beat its a different game every week. Hoxie pull their defensive starters when Osceola pull theirs Osceola 2nd team score twice . When Hoxie cut into the lead late Hooks put his defensive starters back in the game. We as fans always say we couldve  did this we couldve did that. The final score is the only score that counts  Colts can say they mercy rule Walnut Ridge last week while the Noles only beat them by 21.Im telling you each week is different like Osceola only loss was to 5A Blytheville by 8pts who lost to 5A Valley View by 13pts who beat RC by 3pts ,we can go on and on with this but it wont decide who wins next week or the next.Also a quick lil stat for you out if the 6 wins Crest have,  4  are officially mercy rules but we all know  games are played on the field.
Great post ISU7.You dont win games by what you have done in the past but what you do that night,so you dont overlook no one.

Paperman

Hooks pulled his starters after score became 35-8 week 6 at Walnut Ridge. He could have left them in and mercy ruled them but chose to pull starters with 9 minutes to play in the third quarter!  Coach Chandler pretty much does the same thing at Rivercrest!
I never compare scores but I can compare statistics! Osceola is much better on pass defense than I thought! They took away the passing game and held the first unit Hoxie offense to under 200 yards through 3 1/2 quarters! Rivercrest secondary was torched by the Mustangs all night! Osceola offense looked the best it has all season week 7! Colts still need to throw the ball more, because eventually someone is going to shutdown the run game!
Neither team needs to sleep on Manila or Newport in weeks 8 and 9! It could make for an interesting week 10!

SR30

So who is the 5th seed in your conference?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SR30 on October 14, 2017, 09:31:27 pm
So who is the 5th seed in your conference?

1. Osceola.
2. Rivercrest.
3. Hoxie.
4. Piggott.
5. Newport.

ISU7

October 14, 2017, 11:18:50 pm #44 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:29:32 pm by ISU7
Quote from: Paperman on October 14, 2017, 08:21:47 pm
Hooks pulled his starters after score became 35-8 week 6 at Walnut Ridge. He could have left them in and mercy ruled them but chose to pull starters with 9 minutes to play in the third quarter!  Coach Chandler pretty much does the same thing at Rivercrest!
I never compare scores but I can compare statistics! Osceola is much better on pass defense than I thought! They took away the passing game and held the first unit Hoxie offense to under 200 yards through 3 1/2 quarters! Rivercrest secondary was torched by the Mustangs all night! Osceola offense looked the best it has all season week 7! Colts still need to throw the ball more, because eventually someone is going to shutdown the run game!
Neither team needs to sleep on Manila or Newport in weeks 8 and 9! It could make for an interesting week 10!
Did the Noles pull their starter vs Piggott. Ok you guys win ;D Osceola is the better team , so they should have no problem breaking that seven game losing streak, in which i know the Semonoles fans are waiting too EXHALE  and will be rejuevenated. ;D ;D How many times did the Colts hear they need too throw the ball more when they made that RUN too the finals two years ago, also just because a team has the better stats doesnt mean they will win the game, example Gosnell vs RiverCrest and Pirates only scored 7 pts. BTW have you looked at the PF & PA for these two teams you might be surprised. Seriously  I will be happy for coach Hooks and the Noles he is a heck of a coach,  8)

ISU7

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 14, 2017, 04:06:12 pm
If Newport wins out there would most likely be a 3 way tie for 2nd. By the way they have played who knows what they do.
Exactly

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ISU7 on October 14, 2017, 11:32:52 pm
Exactly
Even if they should win out, Newport still gets the 5-seed. they've already lost to both Hoxie and Piggott. Besides, since have yet to face Osceola or Rivercrest, they're more likely to lose out.

luxora4life

October 15, 2017, 03:27:52 pm #47 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:13:13 pm by luxora4life

Will here are some stats for you.  Rivercrest's passing stats during their 7 game winning streak against Osceole:

2016  2-2-30-0
2015  0-4-0-0
2014  4-6-32-2  (fullback was moved to QB)
2013  0-4-0-0
2012  11-14-219-2
2011  couldn't find any stats ( :( redandgray)
2010  1-2-19-0 (per game film)

From 2015-2013 not only did they know Rivercrest was going to run the ball, but who was going to be running it on every play.

luxora4life

October 15, 2017, 04:11:53 pm #48 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:22:33 pm by luxora4life

I agree.  Rivercrest Needs to pass the ball just a little bit more, Especially on first or second down,  But statistically, it would be easier to shutdown Osceola than Rivercrest.  While Osceola appears to be balance on offense, they are just a one man show.  Let's look at the numbers:  20 rushing td's, Binky has 13 no one else with more than 2 td's.  Osceola has 9 td's receptions , Binky has 4 - no one else with more than 2.
While Rivercrest runs the ball on every play, this year they have 4 back with 4 or more td's that is on the field at the same time.  All with game breaking speed.

luxora4life

I agree again.  Eventually some team may shutdown the colts running game, but Osceola hasn't in the past  7 years and will not this year either.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas