• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood @ Russellville - Revenge on the River!

Started by bulldogger15, October 09, 2017, 08:26:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PrivateLesson

PrivateLesson

Quote from: RiverRunner02 on October 09, 2017, 09:14:21 pm
It kinda sucks seeing the lack of appreciation for Russellville. Being on the team last year and being an alumni now, it sucks seeing the lack of faith in Cyclone football. Of course we lost a lot of seniors but Rville isn't depleted. We're actually 5 points away from being 5-1. This game won't be a blowout in my opinion. And also it's worth noting that the Rville Oline did not allow a sack last week vs. Lake Hamilton. I know Gwood is a great team but give Russellville some respect...
I don't think the game will be a blowout....However, I do think Greenwood will win. Greenwood has too much power this year...almost it seems for any team they have played thus far.  A lot of talent on the Bulldog team.  Russellville was tough the both times they played last year. Dawson is an incredible coach...Many were sad to see him leave.   

maxswine

Quote from: RiverRunner02 on October 09, 2017, 09:14:21 pm
It kinda sucks seeing the lack of appreciation for Russellville. Being on the team last year and being an alumni now, it sucks seeing the lack of faith in Cyclone football. Of course we lost a lot of seniors but Rville isn't depleted. We're actually 5 points away from being 5-1. This game won't be a blowout in my opinion. And also it's worth noting that the Rville Oline did not allow a sack last week vs. Lake Hamilton. I know Gwood is a great team but give Russellville some respect...

Hey, don't worry about anyone here.  You were a state champion and I've seen the rings Russellville got. That's awesome. We all on here just talk. But it was your hard work that accomplished that goal last year of Russellville winning a second title.  It's quite an accomplishment.  Congrats. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: maxswine on October 11, 2017, 12:01:23 pm
Hey, don't worry about anyone here.  You were a state champion and I've seen the rings Russellville got. That's awesome. We all on here just talk. But it was your hard work that accomplished that goal last year of Russellville winning a second title.  It's quite an accomplishment.  Congrats. 

Nothing taken away from last year's Russellville team.  That state championship trophy was well earned.  However, in football, much as in life, it's about what you're doing right now!  Not last year.  Not over the past 20 years.  But now.  College Coaches that have won national championships within the past decade get fired because of what's being done on the field NOW.  Russellville is currently 3-3.  With wins over a couple of marginal teams.  They are NOT the team from last year.  Enough said about that.

This specific thread is talking about the Russellville vs Greenwood game this coming Friday night.  When we all start talking about how things used to be, and who beat who last year or 20 years ago.  Or someone starts spouting off how many total wins a program has like our friend from PB loves to do IN EVERY THREAD!   Well, then we all start looking a bit like Al Bundy.  It's funny, but no one takes them very seriously.

With all that said, who ya pickin this Friday night?

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 11, 2017, 02:25:02 pm
Nothing taken away from last year's Russellville team.  That state championship trophy was well earned.  However, in football, much as in life, it's about what you're doing right now!  Not last year.  Not over the past 20 years.  But now.  College Coaches that have won national championships within the past decade get fired because of what's being done on the field NOW.  Russellville is currently 3-3.  With wins over a couple of marginal teams.  They are NOT the team from last year.  Enough said about that.

This specific thread is talking about the Russellville vs Greenwood game this coming Friday night.  When we all start talking about how things used to be, and who beat who last year or 20 years ago.  Or someone starts spouting off how many total wins a program has like our friend from PB loves to do IN EVERY THREAD!   Well, then we all start looking a bit like Al Bundy.  It's funny, but no one takes them very seriously.

With all that said, who ya pickin this Friday night?
[/quot

Well said!!! As far as this Friday's game goes I think it all depends on how GW plays, if they come out and play like last weekend then I would say it could be a very close game as long as Russellville is at the top of their game but if GW comes out hitting on all cylinders like they did against ED then I don't think it will be close. I am sure coach will not let it get out of hand because of respect for Weaver. I just think they go out and take care of business of reaching their goal for the week 1-0 then prepare for a big show down with Benton on the road. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!

dubbnation

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 11, 2017, 02:57:57 pm #56 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:04:44 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: dubbnation on October 11, 2017, 02:45:13 pm
I still say Russellville by 6.

With the loss to Russellville last year still in their minds, I can guarantee it will be a mercy rule by halftime.  They will come out 100% focused and ready.  Jones has them looking no further than the Cyclones.   Without divulging my informants, I do hear about what goes on in the locker room first-hand.  And it's spoken about inside my home every night.  :)    (Throws out the bait to Baitshop)

Greenwood  - 52
Russellville  - 10

catfish1

GW in a close one 65 6.  weaver factor or it would have been closer

PrivateLesson

Quote from: dubbnation on October 11, 2017, 02:45:13 pm
I still say Russellville by 6.

So you think Russellville is the one to upset Greenwood?   Do you think any other teams can besides Russellville?   

dubbnation

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 11, 2017, 08:53:13 pm
So you think Russellville is the one to upset Greenwood?   Do you think any other teams can besides Russellville?   

Simply put...yes and yes.

bulldogger15

Quote from: dubbnation on October 11, 2017, 10:33:46 pm
Simply put...yes and yes.
I think you spelled your handle wrong? It should be dumbnation, actually, double dumbnation! Simply put.... yes and double yes.

RussVegas is about to find out how good the Bulldogs are. Coach Weaver will get a first hand look at the 2017 6A State Champions
Bulldogs in a mercy rule victory.

Dumbnation, you are clearly impaired.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

dubbnation

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 11, 2017, 10:45:46 pm
I think you spelled your handle wrong? It should be dumbnation, actually, double dumbnation! Simply put.... yes and double yes.

RussVegas is about to find out how good the Bulldogs are. Coach Weaver will get a first hand look at the 2017 6A State Champions
Bulldogs in a mercy rule victory.

Dumbnation, you are clearly impaired.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Dumbnation? Oh that's genius. You get a gold star next to "stacked toys away neatly" and "stayed dry through the night." Keep up the good work sporty!

ArkansasBoy

its funny how grown men argue on here over high school football get a life bud

bulldogger15

Quote from: dubbnation on October 12, 2017, 05:34:26 am
Dumbnation? Oh that's genius. You get a gold star next to "stacked toys away neatly" and "stayed dry through the night." Keep up the good work sporty!
Thanks Dumbnation! Get ready for a good old fashioned donkey punch landing right on target Friday night at 7 pm in Russellville!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

dubbnation

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 12, 2017, 07:07:58 am
Thanks Dumbnation! Get ready for a good old fashioned donkey punch landing right on target Friday night at 7 pm in Russellville!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Y'all crack me up! Thanks for the laughs. (being serious with this one)

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 12, 2017, 08:53:45 am #65 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:56:16 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 09, 2017, 01:08:57 pm
he wasn't breaking people in half against SS only thing he does is a swim move and if they can get him block who else do y'all have on D ? because your secondary isn't that good

Um.........Webb, Hannah, The Vota Twins, Travis Cox............

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 12, 2017, 09:01:33 am #66 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:56:30 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 09, 2017, 01:10:57 pm
im sick in tired of hearing how good Greenwood is if they are so good why dont they go to 7A?

Let me explain why Russellville is getting no respect.  Outside of last year's "lighting in a bottle" win at state, here's your record against UofG over the past 5 years.  Are you ready? 

2012   Greenwood  42  Russellville  7
2013   Greenwood  42  Russellville  7
2014   Greenwood  40  Russellville  0
2015   Greenwood  35  Russellville  0
2016   Greenwood  27  Russellville  24
          Greenwood  23  Russellville  37

5 - 1 Record against Russellville   Points:  209-75

bulldogger15

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 12, 2017, 08:53:45 am
Um.........Webb, Hannah, The Vota Twins, Travis Cox............shall I continue?   

You really should stop talking about things you nothing about!   You sound like someones wife!!!
Ouch....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 12, 2017, 09:01:33 am
Let me explain why Russellville is getting no respect.  Outside of last year's "lighting in a bottle" win at state, here's your record against UofG over the past 5 years.  Are you ready? 

2012   Greenwood  42  Russellville  7
2013   Greenwood  42  Russellville  7
2014   Greenwood  40  Russellville  0
2015   Greenwood  35  Russellville  0
2016   Greenwood  27  Russellville  24
          Greenwood  23  Russellville  37

5 - 1 Record against Russellville   Points:  209-75

When those numbers change in Russellville's favor, then and maybe then you might get respect.  End of rant.
+1 Double donkey punch!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

RiverRunner02

Quote from: maxswine on October 11, 2017, 12:01:23 pm
Appreciate that. I give Russellville a better chance to beat Greenwood than anyone else because they're the only team in the 6A besides Pine Bluff that has players on their that have beaten Greenwood. They know what it takes beat them cause they've done it before and if they step up then I think that my alma mater has a chance.

ArkansasBoy

bulldogger15

Quote from: RiverRunner02 on October 12, 2017, 12:55:36 pm
Appreciate that. I give Russellville a better chance to beat Greenwood than anyone else because they're the only team in the 6A besides Pine Bluff that has players on their that have beaten Greenwood. They know what it takes beat them cause they've done it before and if they step up then I think that my alma mater has a chance.
Not so fast RiverRat02! The Cyclones are about to face something they HAVE NOT SEEN. GUARANTEED!

Get your popcorn ready and have alternative plans for the second half of this one (Mercy Rule). This game will be over almost before it gets started.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

RiverRunner02

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 12, 2017, 01:00:40 pm
Not so fast RiverRat02! The Cyclones are about to face something they HAVE NOT SEEN. GUARANTEED!

Get your popcorn ready and have alternative plans for the second half of this one (Mercy Rule). This game will be over almost before it gets started.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

I know my Russellville dudes well, they aren't getting killed brotha and you can't count out the Clones. You've seen what we can do when that happens... you disappear. 

PrivateLesson

bulldogger15

Quote from: RiverRunner02 on October 12, 2017, 01:10:11 pm
I know my Russellville dudes well, they aren't getting killed brotha and you can't count out the Clones. You've seen what we can do when that happens... you disappear.
I hate to inform you that you're wrong brotha. When the Bulldogs are finished humiliating your boys RiverRat, you'll refer to your boys as "clowns" not "Clones".

Wait and see my brotha....

GO BULLDOGS!!

maxswine

October 12, 2017, 09:58:10 pm #75 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:16:30 pm by maxswine

Quote from: RiverRunner02 on October 12, 2017, 12:55:36 pm

As a great group once sang, be true to your school. 

ArkansasBoy

its funny all the hype around greenwood when yall have only few players are actually good on the team ! only person yall have on D is walmack or whatever his name is and on offense you have noland and holt and wood but if noland gets hit he is going to fold up because he has his future to think about

bulldogger15

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 13, 2017, 07:17:52 am
its funny all the hype around greenwood when yall have only few players are actually good on the team ! only person yall have on D is walmack or whatever his name is and on offense you have noland and holt and wood but if noland gets hit he is going to fold up because he has his future to think about
Not so fast ArkansasGirl! Keep squawkin' little chicken, keep squawkin'! Keep fooling yourself about Greenwood's talent you mental midget.

It's Mr. Jon Womack to you ArkansasGirl and then add Webb, Hanna, the Vota Boys, Johnson, Cox and the whole Greenwood D that is going to put it on the Weaver led Cyclones.

Noland won't fold until it's a mercy rule and then the whole starting O will fold right off the field and get ready for next week. Holt, Wood and the Greenwood offense will light up the Russelville D so much tonight you'll think the nuclear reactor down the road is in full meltdown mode.

Get ready.... The Greenwood Bulldogs are on their way and there's no way Weaver and his gang of dust devils can stop them. GUARANTEED.

Get some!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

ArkansasBoy

bulldogger15

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 13, 2017, 08:04:18 am
a grown man arguing with a teenager
Yep. Get big or go home ArkansasGirl!

If you're big enough to post, you're big enough to roast.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 13, 2017, 08:56:16 am #80 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:56:57 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

RiverRunner02

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 13, 2017, 08:56:16 am
Seriously sonny, you need to get a life and stop trying to play on the Big Boy Board.  I'm sure you have no job, and you're not in school.  You're probably sitting at home at grandma's house, eating hot pockets and re-living the glory year (notice it's not plural) you had last year.  It took russelville catching lighting in a bottle last year to luck into the state championship.  Greenwood just reloads and reloads.  Seriously, if you played for russelville (which i doubt you did) over the past few years, you know the drumming you've taken. Maybe all that explains why you're so delusional!  Now, go get granny to make you another hot pocket and get back to watching sponge bob!  You're annoying and have no clue about football. 

After Greenwood destroys russelville tonight, will you have the b_lls to get back on here and eat crow?  I doubt it.

I know the struggles we faced because I experienced first hand. In 7-9 grade I won only 8 games. Didn't have my first winning season until my Senior year. However getting to the state title game and winning it all isn't luck so you obviously have no idea what you're talking about there. Even Greenwood fans should know that.... SMH

The Future

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 13, 2017, 09:04:07 am #83 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:57:19 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 13, 2017, 09:14:14 am #84 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:57:44 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: RiverRunner02 on October 12, 2017, 01:10:11 pm

You're 3-3 on the year.  Let's look at your wins shall we?

Win over Rogers Heritage who's record is 1-5
Win over Sheridan who's record is 0-6
Win over Lake Hamilton who's record is 2-4

You beat 3 teams who are in the bottom of their conferences!  Please tell me how you can think this game with Greenwood will be close?

bulldogger15

October 13, 2017, 09:16:26 am #85 Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:27:56 am by bulldogger15
Quote from: RiverRunner02 on October 13, 2017, 09:02:19 am
I know the struggles we faced because I experienced first hand. In 7-9 grade I won only 8 games. Didn't have my first winning season until my Senior year. However getting to the state title game and winning it all isn't luck so you obviously have no idea what you're talking about there. Even Greenwood fans should know that.... SMH
Dang RiverRat02, there you go getting all sentimantal again. Let's see how much "luck" Russellville has tonight. Won't matter....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

ArkansasBoy

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 13, 2017, 08:56:16 am
Seriously sonny, you need to get a life and stop trying to play on the Big Boy Board.  I'm sure you have no job, and you're not in school.  You're probably sitting at home at grandma's house, eating hot pockets and re-living the glory year (notice it's not plural) you had last year.  It took russelville catching lighting in a bottle last year to luck into the state championship.  Greenwood just reloads and reloads.  Seriously, if you played for russelville (which i doubt you did) over the past few years, you know the drumming you've taken. Maybe all that explains why you're so delusional!  Now, go get granny to make you another hot pocket and get back to watching sponge bob!  You're annoying and have no clue about football. 

After Greenwood destroys russelville tonight, will you have the b_lls to get back on here and eat crow?  I doubt it.

Thats funny because i actually go to Russellville , wow your quick to judge someone else

Hogman2018

Puppydog15 wont u go jump in the Arkansas River  and save us all from listening to all this garbage! U are a MORON!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 13, 2017, 10:00:04 am #89 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:58:01 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

ArkansasBoy

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 13, 2017, 10:00:04 am
So you're still in school.  Wow, you just undermined my whole logic! lol   Maybe should should pay attention in "How not to get in over your head trying to talk about things you know nothing about" Class.

Oh do you know what i know and dont know? what are you some kind of witch or something also why did you put  should twice?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 13, 2017, 10:04:47 am #91 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:58:11 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

ArkansasBoy

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 13, 2017, 10:10:44 am #93 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:58:19 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

ArkansasBoy

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 13, 2017, 10:15:41 am #95 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:58:30 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Thank goodness this will all be dead at 9:30 tonight. 

PrivateLesson

RiverRunner02

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 13, 2017, 09:16:26 am
Dang RiverRat02, there you go getting all sentimantal again. Let's see how much "luck" Russellville has tonight. Won't matter....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Sentimental*

Very true though. Tonight from 7-10 the truth will be told on the gridiron.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 13, 2017, 10:15:41 am
It was a typo.  Why do you use "to" incorrectly?   

I apologize to all FF posters for the derailing of this thread.  It has resulted in me getting into a spelling and punctuation discussion with a 15 year old! 

Thank goodness this will all be dead at 9:30 tonight.
Can't he have a typo and have his hot pocket's too?   

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas