• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood @ Russellville - Revenge on the River!

Started by bulldogger15, October 09, 2017, 08:26:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldogger15

Looks like the Coach Jones led Greenwood Bulldogs get to give Coach Weaver a nice home mercy rule loss vs his high school alma mater this week! Welcome back Coach Weaver!!!

Greenwood 45  Russellville 7

GO BULLDOGS!!!

ArkansasBoy

bulldogger15

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 09, 2017, 09:45:13 am
Only time will tell bud
Time will tell for sure. 7 pm this Friday night is when that time starts!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 09, 2017, 09:45:13 am
Only time will tell bud
You think it will be a close game?    Are the kid's liking Coach Weaver and his style of football? 

bulldogger15

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 09, 2017, 11:07:52 am
You think it will be a close game?    Are the kid's liking Coach Weaver and his style of football?
Not close at all. Coach Jones might take it a little easy on Coach Weaver since they are very close. The Bulldogs are going to rock the Cyclones world Friday night. GUARANTEED.....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

rona

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 09, 2017, 11:36:35 am
Not close at all. Coach Jones might take it a little easy on Coach Weaver since they are very close. The Bulldogs are going to rock the Cyclones world Friday night. GUARANTEED.....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

+1 lots of Great friends among Coaches, but they are Coaches first and will do their Professional Job first.

The Future

dubbnation

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 09, 2017, 12:25:15 pm #8 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:53:52 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

The Future

Quote from: dubbnation on October 09, 2017, 12:23:55 pm
Write it down....Russ by 6.

Ah ok.
Let me guess. You've also picked Arkansas by 14 over Bama Saturday right??

bulldogger15

ArkansasBoy

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

PrivateLesson

ArkansasBoy

i tell you its not gonna be a blow out greenwood hasn't played a defense like this sense PA !

PrivateLesson

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 09, 2017, 01:01:15 pm
i tell you its not gonna be a blow out greenwood hasn't played a defense like this sense PA !
Wow  :o

ArkansasBoy

Russellville will always be the underdog no matter what but we like being the underdog its gives us a chip on are shoulder , but we also wasn't supposed to win LH but we did?

bulldogger15

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 09, 2017, 01:01:15 pm
ArkansasBoy needs a little more common sense since his thoughts on RussVegas' D is about as stupid as I've seen this year.

No way the Cyclones come close to holding back Holt, Wood and Noland. This is Holt's homecoming game anyway and he's going to go off on the Cyclones defense. Big Womack is trying to break people in half this year and is a ton of fun to watch!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

ArkansasBoy

he wasn't breaking people in half against SS only thing he does is a swim move and if they can get him block who else do y'all have on D ? because your secondary isn't that good

Redwolves8526

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 09, 2017, 01:06:39 pm
ArkansasBoy needs a little more common sense since his thoughts on RussVegas' D is about as stupid as I've seen this year.

No way the Cyclones come close to holding back Holt, Wood and Noland. This is Holt's homecoming game anyway and he's going to go off on the Cyclones defense. Big Womack is trying to break people in half this year and is a ton of fun to watch!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

You remind me of that guy on Last Chance U that growls at the opposing stands from the bleachers that annoys the crap out of people. But at the same time, they give you attention because they feel sorry for you

ArkansasBoy

im sick in tired of hearing how good Greenwood is if they are so good why dont they go to 7A?

ArkansasBoy

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 09, 2017, 01:10:48 pm
You remind me of that guy on Last Chance U that growls at the opposing stands from the bleachers that annoys the crap out of people. But at the same time, they give you attention because they feel sorry for you

HaHa

JessieP

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 09, 2017, 01:10:48 pm

I can see that. bullcrapper15iq reminds me of Rain Man. He doesn't know squat about football but I bet if you threw a box of toothpicks on the ground he'd count them in a nanosecond.

dubbnation

dubbnation

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 09, 2017, 01:08:57 pm
he wasn't breaking people in half against SS only thing he does is a swim move and if they can get him block who else do y'all have on D ? because your secondary isn't that good

My eye has been on GW's secondary as well. Not impressed.

ArkansasBoy

Rusellville has two receivers over 6ft and two more that are play makers that can explode any moment so we shall see if GW secondary is up for the challenge 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 09, 2017, 01:28:26 pm #26 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:54:29 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 09, 2017, 01:10:57 pm
im sick in tired of hearing how good Greenwood is if they are so good why dont they go to 7A?

There are 3 teams that would give us a challenge year in and year out in the 7A.  Fayetteville, Springdale, and Harber.  Period.  (Btw, our record since 2014 against 7A talent is 17-3. 

ArkansasBoy

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 09, 2017, 01:28:26 pm
First of all, learn to spell.
Second, learn to punctuate.
Third, there are 3 teams that would give us a challenge year in and year out in the 7A.  Fayetteville, Springdale, and Harber.  Period.  (Btw, our record since 2014 against 7A talent is 17-3.  (Care to respond to those numbers big boy?)
Fourth, I've yet to hear you give a prediction of this game?

(little boy) maybe if you would read i said a close game i dont a score , why is everyone riding greenwood ?

bulldogger15

Quote from: dubbnation on October 09, 2017, 01:22:28 pm
My eye has been on GW's secondary as well. Not impressed.
GW's secondary will be secondary when Womack and Webb are in your backfield all night long. This Bulldogs D might bend but they won't be broken this year. GUARANTEED!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

ArkansasBoy

come on they both run up the field screen passes all day long bud

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 09, 2017, 01:24:50 pm
Rusellville has two receivers over 6ft and two more that are play makers that can explode any moment so we shall see if GW secondary is up for the challenge 

Your QB needs enough time to get a pass off.  We'll see how he handles Hannah, Womack, and Webb being in his grill all night!   He can't complete many passes laying on his back.  :)

bulldogger15

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 09, 2017, 01:24:50 pm
Lolololololololol  You Are Funny!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 09, 2017, 01:34:36 pm
why is everyone riding greenwood ?
Because Greenwood is stacked this year.  They are playing with motivation to win it all.   The ones that are picking Greenwood usually always pick Greenwood.   

Maybe it'll be a close game... Greenwood by 14.   

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 09, 2017, 01:37:00 pm
come on they both run up the field screen passes all day long bud

-1 Gives this boy a "welcome slap" into FF.

FootBallar21

Wow spelling seems to be optional over here on the 6A board I may have to go back to the 4A lol.   
Greenwood isn't going to the 7A because they are already the smallest 6A school.   They are just very well coached and have great tradition.    I really like caoch Weaver and think he will continue building on Russeville's recent success.  But this isn't a great year for them and Greenwood Rolls Big .   

GW - 49
Russ - 7

PrivateLesson

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 09, 2017, 03:07:35 pm
Wow spelling seems to be optional over here on the 6A board I may have to go back to the 4A lol.   
Greenwood isn't going to the 7A because they are already the smallest 6A school.   They are just very well coached and have great tradition.    I really like caoch Weaver and think he will continue building on Russeville's recent success.  But this isn't a great year for them and Greenwood Rolls Big .   

GW - 49
Russ - 7

You're allowed.... ;) ;D :)

bulldogger15

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 09, 2017, 03:07:35 pm

GW - 49
Russ - 7
+1

dubbnation

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 09, 2017, 01:36:14 pm
GW's secondary will be secondary when Womack and Webb are in your backfield all night long. This Bulldogs D might bend but they won't be broken this year. GUARANTEED!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Might bend? So what you are saying is there's a weakness there?

bulldogger15

Quote from: dubbnation on October 09, 2017, 03:57:05 pm
Might bend? So what you are saying is there's a weakness there?
No weakness in Womack at all. That kid is hard as nails. Weakness = Break, you mental midget. Trying to bait me and set the hook is a really old trick I'm very used to.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

dubbnation

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 09, 2017, 04:04:56 pm
No weakness in Womack at all. That kid is hard as nails. Weakness = Break, you mental midget. Trying to bait me and set the hook is a really old trick I'm very used to.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

No trickery in my game. I'm too sophisticated for that.

dubbnation

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 09, 2017, 01:04:18 pm
Russellville will always be the underdog no matter what but we like being the underdog its gives us a chip on are shoulder , but we also wasn't supposed to win LH but we did?

Applause, applause!

Pr8hd

October 09, 2017, 06:52:36 pm #41 Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 06:59:14 pm by Pr8hd
GW defense has only given up 73 points for the year thru 6 games....At least 14 of those points were on the second team while under mercy rule. I'd say that's a pretty stingy defense. They may not shut out the Cyclones, but I don't think they can stay with them offensively as long as GW executes its game plan.   

By contrast, Russ has given up 163 points thru 6 games or about 27 ppg clip against. I don't think that instills a lot of fear in the GW offense.

On a personal note, Jeff Weaver is a personal friend of mine as is many of his family. I wish him nothing but success, maybe just not this Friday. He's done a good job everywhere he's went and arguably has left the programs he's been HC at better than when he arrived. Different animal at Russ, following Dawson, but still wish him success.

jeffslilbro

Russellville looks good on film and will keep getting better. Russ has good receivers,  probably the best Gwd has seen all year. Gwd defense is good and getting better. Takes 11 on both sides of the ball.

RiverRunner02

It kinda sucks seeing the lack of appreciation for Russellville. Being on the team last year and being an alumni now, it sucks seeing the lack of faith in Cyclone football. Of course we lost a lot of seniors but Rville isn't depleted. We're actually 5 points away from being 5-1. This game won't be a blowout in my opinion. And also it's worth noting that the Rville Oline did not allow a sack last week vs. Lake Hamilton. I know Gwood is a great team but give Russellville some respect...

jeffslilbro

THIS year's Russellville team lost to Morrilton. Russellville is 3-3. New year and New team.

Baitshop

Will THE Foundation allow CRJ to beat, much less trample a Coach Weaver coached team..??

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on October 09, 2017, 11:05:00 pm
Will THE Foundation allow CRJ to beat, much less trample a Coach Weaver coached team..??
Never. The trampling will be tamed down greatly. As Pr8hd said, he is very good friends with the Weavers/Hales. Couldn't tell that at all over the last couple years. Lololol  The new Cyclone Foundation is in full force and effect. The Weaver coached team will be spared, barely.

I hope the new Cyclone livestream works on a more consistent basis than the Bulldogs livestream. I'm sure the kinks will get worked out soon once the PPV money flows in the right direction.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 10, 2017, 08:48:05 am #47 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:55:03 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: jeffslilbro on October 09, 2017, 09:25:07 pm
THIS year's Russellville team lost to Morrilton. Russellville is 3-3. New year and New team.

+1  Voice of reason.  Please tell your other buddies to listen to you.  :)

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 10, 2017, 08:49:52 am #49 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:55:15 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas